Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:41:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 621
Total: 622

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Glass half full  (Read 2793 times)

Offline virgo71

Glass half full
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:50:12 pm »
So, I've noticed that a lot of the messages have been on the negitive side. I just wanted to say things are going pretty well. It's only been three months and I've able to eat just about anything I've wanted. I need to hire a trainer to help me get motivated at the gym and I've had pretty much zero side effects. I was thinking this morning about my HIV and I thought besides that, I have a lot of blessings to be grateful for, wonderful family, friends,  good job. I am truly blessed even with this bump in the road of my life.
Sometimes it takes my breath away when I think about it and I have to stop put myself together, smile and go on with the beautiful day I woke up to this morning. I'm really learning how to appreciate the good things out there. I'm getting over bitching about it. The cold,the crisp wind, blue skies and cute sweaters, cute guys in sweaters....How can that be a bad thing???? I am going to get married this year. I'm going to find some cutie that wants to be taken care of......That's it I'm Getting Married!!!!!
 :D ;) ;D :-* ::) 8) 8) :o :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? :P :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-*
PS I was a little high from my meds so I hope this makes sense. The keyboard looks like it;s covered with spiderwebs... ;D.

Offline koi1

Re: Glass half full
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:52:51 pm »
Hey I'm virgo 70. and I want to be taken care of. I have a lot cute sweaters too.

rob :D
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline virgo71

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:56:02 pm »
I'm hoping this puts a little smile on someones face. Thats what it's intended to do!!!! I love the buzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ::)

Offline koi1

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 12:01:14 am »
What kind of buzz are you talking about. I have yet to feel a good buzz from my meds.

rob ;)
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:25:12 am »
That's the spirit!!!   :)

Drew

Offline Regretsafew

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:50:19 am »
Hey there...

I'm a gemini   and i like to be taken care of too  lol...   

to the floor with the sweaters  lmao! 

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28:09 pm »
Being grateful for the things that you do have will certainly carry you into the future.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tommorrow?"

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:46:21 am »
I am working on a poem about the forums and one of the images I have used, for the moment, is a half glass of water on a table (the table being the forums as I find them to be for myself around which we all gather daily).  I put the glass there, a) because it was water (and not wine or beer or coffee or tea which others might be drinking); b) because it is, as you hint, half empty or half full, depending upon how you look at it.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.