Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 342
Total: 343

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: PLEASE Women or someone please help me  (Read 6791 times)

Offline katlync

PLEASE Women or someone please help me
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:02:33 pm »
I was raped in October, he went in me, then tryed again and masterbated all over me.  I have had severe vaginal problems ever since, swelling, burning, severe pain, ect. An hpv wart which i never had before, along with cysts. A few weeks after I had bloody stools, diarreah, severe headaches, passed out several times.  I was hospitalized once for passing out and the next time for bad abcess in rear. My eyes constantly hurt, are blurry sometimes and swell.  I was in perfect health before all of this.  I have been to tons of doctors, none who know what is wrong.  The gynos all say must e vulvodynia.and insisting it was herpes which it is not.  I also used to have a very high sex drive, now nothing at all. My underarms, feet and hands hurt.  I was tested for all Stds which are all negative, including Elisa tests at 3 and 6 months.  I am very scared, should I have additional HIv tests done?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:13:52 pm by katlync »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: PLEASE Women or someone please help me
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:54:17 pm »
It's terrible to read what you've been through. But one thing I can tell you with certainty is that your negative test results for HIV are absolutely conclusive. You are without a doubt HIV negative. No further testing is necessary.

Whatever problems are going on with you physically have nothing to do with HIV. Your doctors need to diagnose and treat the physical symptoms. I also hope you are getting counseling to deal with the very real trauma you've experienced. That's as real a need as anything physical and the two often interact in ways that need to be respected.

We only deal with HIV here and happily that is not your problem. Good luck in getting things sorted out and getting past this difficult time in your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline katlync

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:56 pm »
Thank You for your response.  However, I have been really sick for all of thse months with no other explanation.  Does the Elisa test for all strains?  Also, are the other available tests more accurate?  Could seroconversion take longer then 6 months?  I am unable to function.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:18:05 pm »
No matter what your head is telling you to the contrary, HIV is absolutely not your issue. You have happily tested negative for HIV. No, seroconversion cannot take longer than three months and yes, your test covered all possible strains.

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV. When you say there can't be any other explanation that's YOUR OPINION. It is not a medically-based evaluation and diagnosis. You need to pursue the matter with your doctor. As I suggested previously I also recommend getting support from a therapist.

Again, without any doubts I can say this is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline katlync

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:23 pm »
Thank you again for your kind response.  However, this is now going on month 8 where I don't feel well.  My vaginal problems have not subsided, and I used to have a very high sex drive and now nothing.  My eyes are also in such pain.  If this jerk does have it, then do the cards change as far as testing?  If it means anything as far as testing, I live in New York.  Thank You.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:46 pm »
No the cards don't change. You are conclusively negative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:50:13 pm »
Just because you haven't been able to determine medically what is going on does not by default invalidate your negative test results.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. You have to look for an explanation of your problem elsewhere. 
Andy Velez

Offline katlync

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:27:09 pm »
One last question, is the window period the same for hiv-2? 

Offline katlync

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:28:05 pm »
Also, does the hiv-1/hiv-2 test detect hiv-2 as accurately as hiv-1?

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 03:40:38 am »
I am very sorry to have read about your situation. Being raped just messes you up - emotionally and physically.

The HIV test does pick up all strains of HIV - and you have tested beyond what is reasonable - 12 weeks. This isn't a case of you having HIV and the test not being able to pick it up - you are not the first to ask that question when you have symptoms you can't explain - and you won't be the last.

I would talk to your doctor if you are not feeling well still, as you don't want to miss anything that might be unrelated to this incident as you hunt for a phantom HIV infection.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 04:25:09 am »
Kat,

It's not unusual for a woman who has been raped to go through all sorts of physical ailments afterwards. The high level of stress involved can do all sorts of things to your body. I strongly suggest you continue working with your medical doctor, and importantly, I suggest you seek out rape counseling. You don't have to be alone in this - there are people who can help you, and many of the women who do rape counseling have been there themselves.

However, unfortunately, we cannot allow you to use this forum to constantly question your CONCLUSIVE negative hiv results. You do NOT have hiv.

I wish you peace and the ability to put this terrible incident behind you. And please, get counseling. It WILL help - and yes, I've been there and I empathise with you. 

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline katlync

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 08:40:40 pm »
Ann,

Thank you for your reply.  However, being that you are a girl, if i was tested for all other stds, what could this be. A few weeks after the rape my whole vagina and clitoris swelled, and the labia was splitting, it all felt like someone was taking a blowtorch and lighting it on fire. I also have no good feeling there anymore and am very dry, used to always be the opposite. The person that raped me taunted me like he has this so i am just so scared.  I saw that u didnt know until 18 months later, so how is the window period 3 months?  Only the last test tested for hiv-2, the 1st was only for 1.  I cant wear pants b/c it makes the pain worse which is always there.  I also now have severe eye problems and tingly feet and hands as well as panins under my arms.  I am also very dizzy all the time.  I live in New York, was only tested using elisa.  I'm sorry to bother you but please help me.  Thnk you.

Offline katlync

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:46 pm »
Also, I heard there are things that can affect the elisa test results.  When i was in the hospital my lymphocytes were really low.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 08:55:04 pm »
If you are not on chemo, not taking antirejection drugs for a transplant or a chronic IV drug abuser then you don't have anything to be concerned about you are conclusively negative.

Offline katlync

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:47 pm »
No none of that, never did a drug in my life.  I heard cortiosteroids can affect the results, and i used that on my vaginal area for the inflammation. Is that true? is the hiv 1/2 test just as reliable in picking up hiv-2?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:36:07 pm »
No cortiosteroids will not affect your test. Yes your HIV 1/2 test will detect HIV type 2 reason for the test stating HIV 1/2.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 04:03:33 am »
Kat,

I was actually infected four years before I was diagnosed and it has NOTHING to do with the three month window period. I never tested in my life until the test where I was diagnosed. I'm the poster-girl for what can happen if a person is sexually active but neglects regular testing. After diagnosis I knew, with hindsight, when I was infected, but had NO idea at the time.

Are you aware that stress can cause vaginal dryness? Especially following sexual trauma. As for your other genital symptoms, it sounds like primary herpes, but I CANNOT and AM NOT  diagnosing you. I'm only offering a suggestion.

The bottom line here is whatever else may be going on with you, you do NOT have hiv. That's cause for celebration!

Get yourself into therapy and keep working with your doctor. There are hundreds of other illnesses out there, so stop chasing the one you KNOW you do NOT have.

If you insist on using this forum to question your CONCLUSIVE negative hiv test results, I will have no choice but to give you a time out. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline katlync

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 08:27:59 pm »
Ann,

Thank you for your response.  Most doctors thought that it was herpes also but i tested negative for herpes, that is why i am so scared.  I saw that if you have herpes ulcers which are not herpes, is a manifitation of hiv, that is why i am so scared. Is this true? I got ur warning and i wont bother anyone on here anymore.  So of you dont want to answer my question i understand.  I just have to get tested again.
Thank you also to Andy for your kind responses.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 03:33:07 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.