Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:50:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pub Crawl - AMG06 ( suggestion )  (Read 14782 times)

Offline The Canuck

Pub Crawl - AMG06 ( suggestion )
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:17:30 pm »
Hello everyone !

I noticed on the AMG 06 Coordinator post on the events during the gathering in Montreal that the August 17th is '' free ''. It would be perfect for the '' Pub Crawl '' I suppose and have a suggestion for this.

Right besides the Bourbon accross the street there's a big club. This is the Sky Club and on the roof there's a terrace so it could be a possibility if we don't have rain on the 17th.

This is only a suggestion here but thought it would be perfect as we have several smokers, and we can smoke on an open roof.

Here's a comment ( review ) I found concerning the Sky Club & Pub  :

'' Thought by many to be the city's best gay club, Sky continues to thrive after its expensive recent renovations. Spiffy decor and pounding (usually house) music in the upstairs disco contribute to the popularity. Up to six transvestite performers present a cabaret show Friday and Saturday nights. Also on the second floor is a male strip club called Nirvana. On the third floor is a spacious disco. In addition to a restaurant, which serves dinner Monday through Saturday and brunch on weekends, there's an outdoor terrace and frequent two-for-one beer hours. ''

http://www.complexesky.com/

Regards,

The Canuck

P.S. Since May 31st, 2006 ( yesterday ) there's a new law in Quebec prohibiting smoking into : restaurants ( only possible if they have table outdoors ), bars ( same as for restaurant ), all public buildings ( including shopping malls ), Hospital ( no smoking at 30 feet or less of any entrance of such building ).

P.P.S. Unless mistaken they applied a similar law yesterday in Ontario. It was previously restrictive in some cities only but now spread across the whole province.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 03:36:23 pm by The Canuck »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Pub Crawl - AMG06 ( suggestion )
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:20:18 pm »
Canuck

Skycomplex (love the Mary J. Blige song on their web site BTW) looks cool! 

We can certainly ADD that one to the list of places to visit as far as I am concerned.

Wow!

RAB

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:26:47 pm »
Rab,

Case close..unless someone object or have a better idea. Sky is the limit as they say.  :P

The Canuck

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 06:03:04 pm »
and they have dick dancers  :o

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »
Yep...the Nirvana is yours baby... :P

The Canuck

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:53:34 pm »
Actually the coolist thing about the Sky Pub is they have a pool on the roof.  Not a big pool, but big enough.  Assuming the weather is good, it's a great place and has a patio bar and plenty of room.  Then there is that thing about smoking ...

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:34:29 am »
That's a pretty nifty adpage!
Shall we gather in the hotel at about 8ish?
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Trish

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 11:40:04 am »
Sounds good to me... ;D 

I'm easy to please!!! :D
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:14:21 am »
Lisa:

NO "8ish" DOESN'T SOUND GOOD TO ME!

;D

RAB

(Who likes to be difficult!)

Offline Lisa

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 11:22:28 am »
Well then Mr. Difficult.........you will have to stay in YOUR DAMN ROOM!!! >:(

:-*

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:48:30 am »
I'll be difficult too here...8:00 pm is a bit too late for the Pub Crawl....as Jonathan says so well...just saying.  8)

The Canuck

Offline Lisa

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 12:03:32 pm »
Earlier is fine by me. I just thought folks might want to get settled and freshened before embarking.
How about 7ish then?

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 12:12:01 pm »
Lisa,

Normally they should have plenty of time to get settled and freshened as if I'm not mistaken there's not much activities on the 17th. I suppose it'll be the day where folks will go downtown ( old Montreal, shopping,etc..).

I don't know which hour would be best. Rocky what was the time of your Pub Crawl in Toronto last year ? It's not we have to do it at the exact same hour but just for having an idea. We must also take into account we will have to eat, won't we ?

The Canuck
(Who never skips dinner...but very loose at the time he must eat)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:16:53 pm by The Canuck »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 12:12:44 pm »
Lisa

Actually, 7 or 8 or whatever is fine with me.

I just wanted to push your buttons and hoped you and David would get BUTCH with me!   :-[

I'll just wait for you guys to set it up and I'll be there!

RAB

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 12:19:33 pm »
I don't crawl anymore, far too many bad memories from crawling around the San Francisco Eagle on Sunday afternoon.

I have an announcement to make and this thread would be just as good as any to make this news flash.

Yesterday, I sold my parents old car, and now I have money to buy two new micro batteries for my Mobility Scooter.  ($250).  Yes, I will not be crawling now, just riding high......  Canuck, can you get a ticket for Drunk Driving when you are on a three wheeler on the sidewalk in Montreal??? Enquiring minds need to know. 

In Love and Anticipation.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 12:47:12 pm »
Tim,

If you don't disturb the peace..and don't hit everything moving on the sidewalks then you shouldn't have any problems. I don't think they can give ticket for that. When arrested for drunk and driving you're not only getting a ticket...you go to jail...and to court.  8)

The Canuck
(Who will bring apples to Tim in jail)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 12:49:52 pm »
AMG 06 Pub Crawl Train! LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 05:55:22 pm »
Lisa....

You can call him Mr. Difficult.  But whatever you do, don't refer to him as that "God Damn Mr AMG GUy". 

robert

Edited to add I'm making light of MR AMG GUY.  Let is be known he is one kewl dude high on my list of "DUDES"

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:50:18 pm by Robert »

Offline Lisa

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 10:11:55 pm »

Oh DAN!!! You ain't right, boy.

Have we made any provisions for bail money? ........or is that the REAL reason that David and I have been nominated?
We get to be the bail respondants. ;D

UHEM ! I think we should eat together before crawling, so I have time to put a little saltpeter into you boys before you get out of hand. :o ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.