Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:16:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 616
Total: 617

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cool tools graph feature - notice any trends??  (Read 1825 times)

Seadickrun

Cool tools graph feature - notice any trends??
« on: January 18, 2009, 05:08:49 am »
So the other night I noticed the cool tools graph feature on this site and spent the time entering in cd4 counts for the years, hit the button and noticed a trend.  My t-cells hit a high point every September (the end of summer) and hit the year low point in December (the darkest dreariest here in Seattle).  This is the only year where the t-cells continued up in December and by coincidence, I put up my grow lights three weeks before my blood draw in December.  I have always known that I suffer from SAD (don't ask me why I still live in Seattle then) but I never had all my numbers in front of me in graph form.  Now I'm wondering what would happen to my t-cell count if I moved to LA, Phoenix, Honolulu, or Miami.

Has anyone else noticed any interesting trends from graphing out your labs?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Cool tools graph feature - notice any trends??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:04:58 am »
I've been using the cool tool graph for years and I post my graph on website and a small version in my sig line here ;)

Quite clearly from my graph, you can see when I started to stay on my latest regimen 100% (even though it makes me puke 6 times a month) to make sure I stayed alive for my late partner. See how the graph changes dramatically after 12/2004?  ;D (it took me 10 yrs to reach my first undetectable)

Early this past year, my doctor became worried about a blip in my viral load - until I took him a graph of just the last two years. It showed that the blip in question was actually blip#5 in that 2 yr period and the smallest of the blips.

I wish I had all my test results from the last 16 yrs. instead of just the last decade; but I was so sick and the docs were so "sure" I wasn't going to make it back in the 90s that I never bothered to track those numbers. When I survived a second hopitalization in 1998, I finally began to think I just might make it a for more years  ;) and that's went I started keeping numbers.

Oh, and after playing with the numbers from my test results, I recently determined that my avg tcell count for the first 10-ish years was only 170; while it has risen to 227 avg over the last 6 years. WooHoo!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline caregiver2008

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:52 am »
Where is the graph?  Like to track hubby's CD4.

This site is informative and totally awesome!

Thanks for heads up about the graph.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57:42 am »
Where is the graph?
http://www.aidsmeds.com/graphs/
that's under TREATMENT/GRAPH YOUR LABS from the grayish menu (home, all about hiv, prevention, etc) under the Poz logo and headers
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline caregiver2008

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:59:58 am »
Thanks Leatherman!  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.