Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:57:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 635
Total: 636

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just Tested HIV+ this past week  (Read 4433 times)

Offline rebel_sport

Just Tested HIV+ this past week
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:30:54 pm »
I just tested HIV+ this week. I went to a doctor this past week after having a rash on my body, turns out I had syphallis as well. (I've been treated for that). The doctor also wanted to run a HIV test.

Anyway, I'm 25 years old. I consider myself bisexual even though I haven't had any sexual contact with a female in 6 months.  In the past year I've counted 4 encounters in which I was not safe (topping in all occasions). 

Emotionally I'm a wreck.  I haven't told anyone nor do I know how to broach the subject. I have my first doctor's appointment scheduled for next Thursday.  I'm currently trying to find a therapist. I need to talk to someone. I can not not think about my diagnosis. The past two days have been extremely difficult to get out of bed. Work was a night mare on Friday. (I've only been working there for 3 months, don't want to take time off.)

I'm currently living at home with my parents. I actually move out into my own place in three weeks. Luckily I'm insured under my mom's health care coverage till next Jan. I work for a small company, instead of providing health care coverage they have added to my salary so that I can get my own. Now I'm afraid it will be near impossible or incredibly expensive.

My goal for next week is to see the therapist. Talk to her about coping with my emotions but more importantly how do I tell my parents. I haven't even told them about my bisexual behavior so not only do they not know that but I have to tell them about my health status. My gut feeling is that they will support me and help through this but I'm still scared.

Can I still live a normal life? I feel great today, no symptoms, no signs of anything. I've been lucky to find this forum and have been reading quite a bit the past two days. Many of you have provided great support and good feedback.

Lastly, if your in Atlanta can you recommend a support group? 

Thanks!

Offline sshortguy1

Re: Just Tested HIV+ this past week
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:09 am »
sorry to see that of course u will still have a normal life the thing to do is now when the dr wants to do the blood work to see how your cd4 counts and viral loads are eventually you will be placed on medication take it everyday and eventually your viral loads will be undetectable as with syphilis can be cured with pennicillin just keep in mind to listen to the dr

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.