Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:25:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773218
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 616
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 614
Total: 616

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Bleeding gums and oral and symptoms and anxious  (Read 12164 times)

Offline dave313131

• Standard
Bleeding gums and oral and symptoms and anxious
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:13:34 am »
Hello there,
About three months ago, I made a big mistake and I had oral sex with a stranger I met online. We had unprotected oral sex where I gave him a blow job and he ejaculated in my mouth. I am so worried over this incident that my life is not enjoyable anymore. I will be going to get tested this week and so nerve wrecked. My question is, how likely is it that I got HIV from this incident. Two to three weeks prior, I had a temporary crown inserted. I don't believe I was bleeding at the time of the sexual encounter. Another question I have is, how exactly do we know that HIV through oral is a small risk? I have heard of studies of a positive and negative couples but isn't it likely that the positive have controlled viral loads? Is that why these studies don't produce any case of transmission?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Bleeding gums and oral and symptoms and anxious
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:13:05 am »
You can relax Dave, you are not going to test positive for HIV from giving a BJ . The risk for sexually transmitted HIV comes from unprotected anal and vaginal sex and not Blow Jobs .
If you do test it will be negative and for peace of mind only . 

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »
Thank you for the reply :), just one last thing I forgot to mention, earlier that day we jacked off and we both cummed on our own stomachs. He then used a towel to clean himself up but then passed me his towel to clean myself up. Later that day I realized that I had a pimple on my stomach that I popped a week ago from the incident and I might have rubbed the towel with his cum. My pimple wasn't bleeding at the time. Does this pose a risk?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »
HIV is transmitted from ...
Unprotected anal or vaginal sex .
Mother to child during or shortly after childbirth .
Sharing IV drug rigs immediately after an infected person .

You can't get HIV from pimples and cum ... seriously, use condoms for anal and vaginal sex correctly and consistently and you avoid HIV .... its so simple .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
Why thank you Jeff :) I'm going to get tested tomorrow but it will be 80 days since the incident. Is this the right time to get tested or should I wait a bit more? I think I will go tomorrow, would the results of 80 days be conclusive if I test negative?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:12 pm »
You have not had a risk to test for so if this your only concern the you can test any day now for a conclusive result .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 01:19:28 am »
Hi, last night I met a man that I met online and he performed frottage on me. The thing that has me worried is that I had a lot of anal itch( not sure why exactly) and do bleed sometimes around the outer anus. I'm worried that the guy performed frottage while I was bleeding because I felt some irritation when he did do it. I told him I wanted him to use a condom but for some reason, I let him continue since he told me frottage is very safe but I was too embarrassed to tell him about my anal  problems I have. He did then use a condom when we did anal sex. I noticed that he did not precum much is that a good sign? He told me he tested negative for HIV.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:37 am »
Frottage is not risk for HIV, you had protected anal sex so you are good to go.

HIV infected blood has to get into the blood stream in order to infect, this did not happen in your case.

Just remember to use condoms at all times.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 02:22:19 am »
What about the fact that I might have had a cut and he put his penis directly on the cut I think?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 04:18:39 am »
The answer is still the same..no risk.

When we talk about cuts we are talking about large open cuts, cuts that need attention, again this wasn't the case.

If you continue to be sexually active then please read the lessons on how HIV is and is not transmitted

Jan

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 01:59:31 am »
Should I get tested for this then? When I used toilet paper, my cut was bleeding a little bit .
Also, I did oral sex on him and I had an irritation on my tongue and might have been bleeding a little bit. Was I at risk for this?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 02:14:55 am »
You do not need to test as you never had a risk.

Joe

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 05:08:46 pm »
what if I had a cut on my tongue, bleeding gums earlier that day, and i think I might have had a throat infection... would I be at risk with all those things I had?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 05:27:23 pm »
what if I had a cut on my tongue, bleeding gums earlier that day, and i think I might have had a throat infection... would I be at risk with all those things I had?

We are not here to play "what ifs".  No matter how you try and change the facts you DID NOT HAVE A RISK AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST.

Joe

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »
Hi, the guy from last week that I had frottage, made out with and protected anal sex but says he is really sick. Does this mean anything?

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 10:16:18 pm »
also the guy rimmed me could that make him sick? I had an itchy anus at the time ...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 10:23:36 pm »
As you have been told repeatedly, you did not have a risk for HIV. And that still holds true.

But now it's time to say if you keep returning about this same non-risk incident with more doubts and worries, you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out for 28 days.

You did not have a risk. Cut it out and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 10:44:44 pm »
but could he have gotten sick from other std's ? I'm now worried I might of given him something and I don't know it I feel really bad now Im sure I have something in my anus with this itch and I need to get tested asap for everything.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
Other STDs are much easier to contract than HIV.  Consult your doctor for a full STD screening, because if you have something, it is not HIV, as you never had a risk.

Joe

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »
If you continue to be sexually active then the responsible thing to do is to have STI checks on a regular basis, for your safety and those of your sexual partners.

Jan

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 11:16:38 pm »
Hi,
about two months ago, I met a guy online. We had protected anal sex, however, before we did that, he did what he called "teasing". I was very worried about this so when he was putting his penis inside my butt cheeks, he told me he was just teasing me and I never really felt that he inserted his penis inside my anus. I've felt insertion before and it hurts... Here's the problem, I'm not 100 percent sure he didn't press it against my anus, I would know right? I didn't feel any pain or him inserting himself in me just rubbing his penis inside my butt cheeks. I'm just worried that he did press against my anal opening is that a risk? I don't think he did as I think I would have known but I get paranoid about this. Also, I was scratching myself around the opening of my anus, and I might have been bleeding, what if his penis touched that area? Is that a huge risk?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 11:19:33 pm »
Please only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter . You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

We have been over this with you already … if you feel you may have been penetrated then go test … its really that simple . No penetration means no risk and only you know what happened. We don’t get into how many centimeters of penis is a risk so the best advice we can give you is if you are in doubt go test.

You can read about testing here … http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/HIVtests_5029.shtml
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:22:10 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 02:36:40 am »
Oh ok... just have one more question, what would be considered what people call "dipping"? is it something that requires penetration? I'm kinda confused about this.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 05:01:50 am »
Oh ok... just have one more question, what would be considered what people call "dipping"? is it something that requires penetration? I'm kinda confused about this.

Dipping is shallow penetration for a very short duration of time.

Joe

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 10:49:27 pm »
So would that be something that is typically felt or noticeable? Could dipping go unnoticed?  I just want to be careful for next time if I do get involved with frottage

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 10:57:05 pm »
You should know if you penetrated someone.

Joe

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
I mean, if you are the receiver, and only part of the penis penetrates, is that something that is felt or noticeable?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 02:35:10 am »
I mean, if you are the receiver, and only part of the penis penetrates, is that something that is felt or noticeable?

Are you serious?  Yes you should know if you are penetrated.

Joe

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 08:21:31 am »

We have been over this with you already … if you feel you may have been penetrated then go test … its really that simple . No penetration means no risk and only you know what happened. We don’t get into how many centimeters of penis is a risk so the best advice we can give you is if you are in doubt go test.

We will not go endless rounds with you .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dave313131

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 02:12:46 pm »
About around October , I engaged in pretty rough oral sex with someone of unknown status. I do suffer from frequent bleeding gums and not entirely sure if I was bleeding at the time . I did notice he pre cummed quite a bit. He didn't ejaculate . I am really worried some of the pre cum got to one of the gums if it was bleeding...

Three weeks later I got sick with a cold, and then a month later I got sick once more with the flu and stomach flu . And then around January  I believe I developed Molluscum contagiosum on my penis shaft. I heard people with hiv get this...

I'm so worried to get tested I know my anxiety will go awY once I get tested but I have to wait till the weekend to do so because I have no time ...I know I have to get tested for this anxiet to go away

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »
Nothing you said stood out as a risk.
Just test next time you are due.

I believe I developed Molluscum contagiosum on my penis shaft. I heard people with hiv get this..

You heard wrong, Molluscum contagiosum is common in both HIV negative and positive people it has nothing to do with HIV.   

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 02:21:33 pm »
Dave, few things.

Read back your thread you will find that your fears have been asked and answered before. I am not going to repeat it, read back the thread, also only post in this one thread going forward no matter who much time in between.

You have been warned by the mods before, that warning still stands.

Don't ask what has been covered before, unless you had unprotected intercourse you have no reason to run out and test, just move on with your life, use condoms and test at least yearly for STI''s including HIV as routine.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:23:47 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.