HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Worried Silly

(1/3) > >>

iamworriedalot:
First of I know the questions that I have,may have been answered alot of times before and I have read the Lessons,but I hope you reliase that the mind has alot of fear that is driving me scared.So please help me with some answers and advice as it will be highly regarded. About 2 weeks ago I recieved a Blow job from a prostitute,and I put my finger in her vagina.I did not ejacultate in her mouth.While I was lying down,she may have rubbed against my penis with her genital area for few seconds,but there was no penetration.I washed my self with water,After wards I touched my penis with the same hand that I fingered her (about 10min later). My questions are:

1. What are the risks of HIV from Blow jobs ( I am uncircumsed)
2.Risks of Fingering as I had a hangnail and broken skin or (No blood)
3.Touching or rubbing of genitals
4.Should I consider testing?I was last tested 2 years ago and had no sexual activity whatso ever till this incident.
5.Its been 2 weeks and I dont feel any symtoms,can anyone tell me how long I should watch out?I know it is said 1-3 weeks not later.

I do not intend to upset anyone,I am just ignorant because I keep reading about information that some say Blowjobs are risky,some say not,and the same with fingering.So please HElp and I do apologise in advance if I upset anyone.

HELP!

Andy Velez:
You may choose to accept this or not, but absolutely nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission. Zilch for risk. Really.

In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission to a guy through his getting a blowjob. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first. The fact that you ejaculted has no relevance whatsoever as far as risk to you. Anyone who says getting a blowjob is a risk for HIV simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Rubbing against the genital area without penetration, fingering (including with sores and nicks on your fingers), frottage and whatever variations you can come up with are also not risks for HIV. No, you do not need to get tested. There are no symptoms to watch for. For future reference you need to know that symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only a negative test result at 13 weeks can reliably give you that answer if there has been a risky incident. Which I hasten to repeat you did not have.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. So once a year is a good idea to do that.

This time you are worrying needlessly about HIV. Really.

Cheers.

iamworriedalot:
Thanks Andy,I am so worried and feel anxious,thanks for your reply.I need to certainly educate myself.I have asked the woman so many times and she said that she was last tested negative about month from the incident,but my mind doesnt want to believe her because of her profession,Im sorry to ask  but if she was tested a month ago,and was infected with that month(I hope and pray that she was not) does that change the situation at all? I get the point that recieving oral is low to no risk and fingering too,what annoyed me was the very next day after the incident I saw a doctor and explained about what had happened and his answers were,that he was not sure that HIV could or could not transmit that way,and told me about if there were cuts on either party,there is a risk which confuses me and worries me,can you advice me on this? My mind is starting to hallucinate and scare me,any advice? Although the rubbing of genitals was brief,it is the most worrying thing on my mind,can you please explain a bit more on this particular matter as well,Thanks for the time you take to answer me and alot of others,you,Ann Rapidrod are doing a great job.

Andy Velez:
Non-insertive genital rubbing of any sort is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

Just because someone is a sex worker does not mean the person is HIV+. Very often in my experience it is the professionals who take the most care to protect their health through safer sex and therefore their clients as well. The woman would have been well within her rights to tell you to take a flying leap when you badger her about her HIV status. And in the end it doesn't matter what she tells you because you are the one who is responsible for protecting your health.

It isn't whom you are with but rather what you do that is crucial as far as safer sex and HIV prevention. In your case you didn't do anything that put you at risk transmission. End of story.

If you can't let go of torturing yourself about this non-risk incident, than I suggest you see a counselor or other mental health professional to discuss the situation. Dealing with you on that level is beyond the scope of this site. All I can tell with assurance is that you were absolutely not at risk for for HIV.

Ann:
iam,

I saw a doctor and explained about what had happened and his answers were, that he was not sure that HIV could or could not transmit that way,

The doctor admitted to you that he isn't sure how hiv is and is not transmitted. We, on the other hand, ARE sure how it is and is not transmitted.

Nothing you report was a risk for hiv infection. We are sure about that.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, no matter who you're with, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. We're sure it really is that simple. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version