Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 352
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #58 Blossoming Joys And Happiness  (Read 46570 times)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Ladies Thread #58 Blossoming Joys And Happiness
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 06:32:34 am »
Hello ladies.                                                                                               Betty, not much going on here, just trying to get this disability stuff sorted out. I have to sign up for Medicare part D, got an appointment for that Tuesday.   I got one lump check from SSI(I get another in 6 months and the final one in a year) and went shopping, paid rent and started paying my mom back some of the money I owe her.   Robert turned 6 on the 20th and I took a cake to school for him and his classmates. Then we had a small family party here at home.  I will get the camera and post some pictures.   My regular checks start this month and I better learn how to budget. I think I will be okay on that, I can pinch a penny til it screams.    Things have been a whirlwind but they are going well.     Maybe we will move when school is out, my mom is getting on my last fucking nerve.        Anyway Robert is up so I'll write more later.    Love ya'll.    Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 08:48:16 am »
Hey ladies,

Snow, don't you just love it when you find good deals?  I'm so glad you and your son are letting this bring you closer together instead of the opposite.  Sooner or later, it'll just be another thing... you know, my daughter (and family) don't get concerned like they used to (well, you know what I mean).

Cristy, I don't know how the Medicare works with social security anymore.  You're going to be getting SSI, not SSDI?  And you still get Medicare with SSI?  See, I don't know.  I also heard about it being two years waiting for Medicare Parts A & B.  That's ridiculous.  When I got on disability (back in '94), people were put on Medicare Part A (hospitalization) right away, but had to wait a year for Part B (doctor's offices etc.).  I think maybe that long waiting period will be done away with sooner or later.  Anyway, yeah, budgeting is a little difficult when you only get money once a month, but I'm sure you can do it.  You're resourceful.

Not much going on with me today.  I have to go to the grocery store and tonight is an NA speaker jam thing.  It's supposed to be warm here, but later on we're supposed to have storms.   That's going to cool things down, but not drastically like it was at the beginning of the week (when we had winter temps and conditions).  Anyway, I hope you all have a good day and weekend.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 10:02:21 am »
Hello everyone!

I like my new table - it's the perfect size for my kitchen. I spent a few hours yesterday rearranging my kitchen, which included moving the fridge. I also gave the whole kitchen a spring-clean. My daughter will love it, she and her mates love to sit around a table, drinking endless cups of tea and putting the world to rights. We had a breakfast-bench type table before with two stools that can be stored under the table, but it didn't fit all her friends. I kept the other table because it's the same height as my kitchen counters, so it's extra work space - and the top is tiled so it's handy for putting hot pots and pans down on. I put it against the wall where my fridge used to be.

Snow, I hope you are able to take your son to an appointment. My daughter told me years later (she was 13 at the time and she'll be 22 on April 30th) that it was such a relief to hear from the doctor's mouth that I wasn't in any real danger of either getting sick or dying. I'd told her the same thing, but she wasn't sure if I was just telling her that so she wouldn't worry. Hearing it from the doctor made all the difference and she stopped worrying about me.

Cristy, I'm so happy for you that you're getting things sorted out. I don't know how you did it all that time, standing on your feet for long waitress shifts. I found doing that hard enough when I was younger, nevermind now with the joint aches I get from our little viral friend. Good luck in finding a new place too - nothing beats having your own place.

Betty, hope your speakers jam tonight is enjoyable.

Hugs to all,
Ann

[attachment deleted by admin]
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 01:00:20 pm »
Nice kitchen, Ann.  It looks really quaint.  I wish I could move my kitchen around, but there are too many buit in shelves and cabinets.  I actually came on to see if you were around to skype, but another time.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 03:24:47 pm »
Ann- You got a good deal, that is a nice set for $50 bucks.  Your kitchen is cute.  I found out my sons therapist used to work at the local ASO so I think she is going to be a big help too as far as him being able to understand everything.

BT- Hope you have fun at your jam tonight.  I don't think cjc would get retro money for just SSI, only SSDI.  Hopefully she will clarify, it took me awhile to figure out the difference between the two.

Hope everyone has a good day.  The kids are playing outside and I think I might take them for ice cream later.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 03:56:06 am »
I have been following, not much to report. Counting the days til I leave for NY. It was a nice day today here too but I think the heat got to me. I had a headache most of the day. Took a nap earlier that is why I am up now. I started cooking my scallop potatoes. I made them from scratch and am cooking them in my crockpot. I have them on low, by the time I get up, they should be done. Check day is taking forever to come and am kind of bummed that we won't get the stimulus til late May. I had plans for the money at the beginning of the month. But I guess I should just be grateful that I am getting it at all.

Ann--the furniture looks nice.

Christy--Glad you got your lump sum but now they make you wait 6- months to a year to get the rest of it? Wow things have changed since I first got disability. And I got mine in 2003. Once I received my award letter, I got my checks with in the month. I can't believe they are making you wait that long. But am happy for you.

I think I am going to try to lay down now. It is almost 4 am...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2009, 06:36:05 am »
Good morning my lovies!  Wow what a day yesterday was!  We left our house just after 8:30am and got back at 8pm.  Bad mommy forgot the sunscreen and now I have little lobsters for children.  The heat was crazy, we went through 3 gallons of Gatorade, but everyone had a great time. 

Our wee t-ballers played the 1st game of opening day (at 11:30) and were stinkin' cute.  They don't keep score, so everyone won!  Mim and #2 are in coaches pitch.  They played at 1:15p.  They WON 11 to 2!!!!  My 2 had little to do with it.  They both struck out :-\  Poor Mim didn't want to play.  She said she was hot, tired, and wanted to go home.  But she played and that's all that matters.  Then, it was my big guy's turn at 5pm.  He played against his cousin's team.  They ended up losing 4 to 6.  #1 was disappointed, but not ashamed.  They played a mean game against one of the best teams.  My guy played short-stop.

Then we all headed home for baths and bed.  They were in bed by 9, I was asleep on the coach at 9:15. 

I hope all of you are having an amazing weekend!  Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2009, 07:53:06 am »
Good Morning Ladies.                                                                                         I find this SS stuff confusing as well but I will try to clarify.  I get Medicare Part A,B, And D. I already got my cards for Medicare Part A and B and have an appointment to get my Medicare part D set up on Tuesday.   I got a lump sum back payment for Disability(over $12,000) and that will be all I get for that. I got 1 lump sum backpayments for SSI($2,222) , I will get another in 6 months for ($2,222) and the final payment(the rest of the lump sum) will come 6 months after that. And I get about $694 between the 2 checks per month    I have never had so much money in my life.  I did go shopping and buy new socks and bras for me. I will be going to get Robert some new shoes and shorts next week and I will be getting some work done to my car as well. I gave my mom $1,500 on back rent but other than my household(mom,dad and Robert)and 1 friend and all my friends here, I am not telling anyone (especially my brother and oldest son)I am getting anything.                        Oh and we are not moving far, we will be moving into the very nice mobile home that is here on the property, after our current renter moves out. We love this property and I feel safe here.                                 Betty, I am so proud of you. College Graduate, WOOHOOO. You go girl. I hope you had fun at the NA Jam.                                             Gotta get Robert Ready for church. I love you all and will post more later.    Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:29 am »
Morning all,

Snow, did you guys get the ice cream yesterday?

Queen, when is it you're going to NY?  I know you're excited.

Mum, I can understand why Min was hot and tired.  It was pretty humid here yesterday, which made is a bit uncomfortable; I'm assuming it was the same way there?

Cristy, I don't understand the SS stuff.  I didn't get any back payment when I got on SSDI.  It's a long story.  Anyway, I'm glad you have some money.  Wow, if I got $12,000, I'd be in a shopping frenzy.  Thanks for the congrats too. 

The speaker jam thing was alright.  The main speaker just celebrated 12 years clean.   She's a very nice lady, born and raised in Gary, IN.  Me and my friend had dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant beforehand.

Today I'm supposed to take the grandkids to I-Hop and to see the movie Monsters vs. Aliens.  It'll be the first time my grandson has come along without "mom."  Hopefully he'll be alright.  Other than that, nothing else planned.  No studying, I still can't believe it.  You all have a nice day.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:08 am »
cjc-  I happy for you that you got all that money coming, it is all confusing to me.  It is going to be so nice that you and Robert have a place of your own but still on the same property.

BT- That was a cute movie, I took the kids to see it and they liked it.  We ended up going to Foody Goody's which is my oldest favorite and they had ice cream after eating.  There was a young girl about 8 or 9 at the table behind us that was staring so much at my oldest that it made him uncomfortable.  It got to a point I almost said something to the parents but I didn't want to embarrass her, she was actually sitting with her back to him and turning her head around so it was really obvious  ;D

Mum- You must be exhausted, what a long day!

I am trying to get out and get some stuff done in the yard.

Everyone have a good day!

Offline minismom

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 07:22:08 am »
CJ, you must be so excited to be moving into your own place but still close enough to feel safe and sound.  When we got the kids' SSI, we only got 6mths back pay even though we fought for 17mths.  We got 2mths back pay, 6mths later 2 more months, 6mths later the last 2 mths back pay.  The worker said they spread it out because the kids are only allowed so much in their bank accounts each month.  If given too big of a lump sum, parents couldn't spend it and they risked losing benefits.

Betty, Saturday was really hot but not too humid.  There wasn't any breeze, clouds, or shade to help cool things off.  Today we're up to 88 - in APRIL!!  Starting tomorrow the rain moves in and we get back to normal - low to mid 70's and 50's at night - perfect weather.  I'm trying to get the clothes changed out.  It takes forever.  How'd the grandkids like the movie?

Snow, my kids loved the movie, too.  Your oldest is quite the babe magnet 8).  If he's like my oldest (nearly 12), he has no interest in girls yet.  And, if you're like me, I'm quite happy about it.  Now my 6yr old son...good grief!

Trying to get supper, yes supper, going in the crock pot.  Mim and I will leave about 8:30 for her appointment.  Hubby has a client today so I'll have to take all of them to dance class tonight (oh, joy! ::)) Our pastor's mom had back surgery and I'll bring them supper tonight on our way out. Other than that, I've got mountains of laundry to do and the house is in desperate need of a good dusting.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:08 am »
Morning all,

Snow, I've never heard of Foody Goody's.  Sounds like you had fun, though, especially your son. ;)

Mum, the rain is supposed to start here today and cool things down, with 60's during the day, and 40's at night.  I've got to get my summer clothes out, but I hate to do it too early.  Anyway, please let us know how Min's appointment goes.  I'm anxious to hear.

The grandkids liked the movie.  We were going to go to I-hop, but I forgot about the after-church crowd.  When we pulled into the parking lot, there were people lined out the door.  So, we ended up going to Dairy Queen before we went to the movie.  It was a cute movie.  My grandson did fine.  Next weekend I'm going to try to take them to get some summer shoes.

Today I have to go to my ASO in a little while.  Then I'm going to try to make it to Goodwill.  One of my friends gave me a coupon for $1 per item for clothes, and it expires at the end of the month.  I've got some cleaning to do, and that's about it for today.  Have a good one!

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »
Hi sisters!!

How is everyone doing?
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline netta

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2009, 12:42:05 pm »
OMG just lost my post!!  :-\ I have been down in the dumps, Well I had a car accident last week. I am fine but my car is not. It got banged up pretty bad. 5000.00 worth of damage and I got a ticket !
this is a first for me, and I am mad at myself for not paying attention. I hit a man in a pick up but he is fine and truck doesnt have but a scratch,  he was turning and I was on my cell not paying attention. I was texting my bank !!!!!  silly me !!!!I drpped the phone so noone saw me on it ! lol i feel like a fool, but learned a hard lesson. guess my insurance will be going up, also I have a 500.00 deductable! when it rains it pours, good thing is that  was no one was hurt. Also I get a check for the diminished value of my car, which will have to pay my deductable and my ticket, which was for following too close ,and I have no idea how much it is.Saturday- we bought a grill and I cooked out, burning everything, and had to start over!!!
luckily, my dh cooked the ribs which did not burn and were great!!!
Spent all of Sunday in er with dh because he was having chest pain. Turned out ok but he had an injury due to a car accident he had last year!  We spent all of 6 hours!!! while they ran up a hospital bill takin test, my dh insurance has  not kicked in yet and they wanted  money on the spot ! I guess we will get a bill of a couple of thousand dollars who knows, I hear they charge hundreds for a tylenol lol. they gave him meds. he was getting on my last nerve, and not a good patient, luckily the drugs kicked in and he fell asleep. lol
other than that I am fine.
Hope all is well.
CJ- happy for you and yours
betty- congrats again
Queen- excited for you
Mum- glad u feel better
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:56:04 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 12:27:31 am »
Wow, I see a lot has been going on here....

Netta--Glad you and the other person was alright in the accident. I hate when people drive and be on cell phones. I know in some states they fine you for that but they really don't enforce it so it seems. I am not surprised that the truck didn't get a scratch. I got into a car accident in 2007, I think it was. I got hit by a Ford F-150. The doc in the er said the only reason I survived with just a concussion was because I was in an older model car, my 85 Chevy Caprice Classic. That's why I love old cars made of metal instead of the fiberglass crap they make new cars with. Glad your hubby is doing ok.

Christy---Good for you!!! I am glad you finally got your money. Now be thrifty but also spoil Robert and yourself. You both deserve it.

Mum--LOL@kids looking like little lobsters....

Betty--Yes, I am happy about going to NY. I was suppose to have left today but the money Dennis was expecting didn't come in today so I will be leaving on Friday.....

Yep, leaving on Friday now but I will be gone for about a month or so. I will be back in June because I have a recertification with Section 8. I had to cheer Dennis up because he got depressed when the money didn't come and thought that I would think he was lying, which I didn't. Shit happens, ya know. But we still aren't going to let it set us back. And I have to admit, that I am starting to fall for this guy. He is so sweet. And he goes out his way to make me happy. He has written me 2 letters, 2 cards and made a cd for me. I see good things for us in the future.... ;) If you read my latest blog then you know what is to come..Yeah, a shameless plug for my blog... :D So, you may not hear from me for a few though I will try to keep you all posted as much as I can. Just know that I am doing alright and am happy. Tomorrow I will be getting things in order around here for my trip. Lucifer will be getting babysat by my friend Jeff.

Today was a bit of a rough day. Jeff is in the hospital at the moment. They think he had a series of small strokes but the man drove himself to the hospital. He has been there since early this afternoon and just got into the ER around 9pm. Last time he called me they had him hooked up to a heart monitor. The radiator in the car gave out today too. I knew it was going to happen. I told my best friend and my godson that they needed to take care of it. My godson had the money since Friday to get it fixed but didn't. Hell if I know why he didn't take care of it, he had the car over the weekend. I am just glad it didn't die on me when I had it earlier today. But I am not even upset about it cause I pretty much washed my hands of it when I got the converter fixed on it. I plan on signing over the title in June but it is my friend and her son's responsibility to get it fixed. At the moment it is some business's parking lot but my godson spoke to the owners and told them that they would have it fixed tomorrow. As I like to say, 2 tears in a bucket, motherfuck it!!!!!

I am hoping on Friday that the stimulus will be in my bank account. The social security site said people should be getting the money by mid May but my neighbor said when he went to the local office they told him that people with direct deposit will have theirs by the first...Fingers crossed of course. Has anyone heard the same?

I am just counting the days til I am on the plane and heading to NY...... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 10:12:33 am »
Morning all,

Hey Tre, how's it going?

Netta, I am so sorry about the accident.  And I'm grateful no one was hurt.  Hopefully the ER bill won't be too much from when your hubby had to go.  Medical treatment is expensive.  It's a crime.

Queen, I'm excited for you to be going!  And I'm so happy you've found someone.  I want to hear all the details. :)  And I haven't heard anything about the stimulus money, other than everyone should get it by the end of May.

Today I go see a lawyer about filing bankrupcy (no, not on the student loans).  I've had some bad stuff on my credit report from the past that needs to come off (lots of bad things).  I'm a bit nervous, as I've heard it's much more difficult filing bankrupcy now than it was years ago.  We'll see.  I just want to get it over with, though I know it's not that simple.  I filed like back in '92, and it only took, I think, about a month.  I heard now people have to go to classes, and that it's more expensive.  I guess I'll find stuff out this afternoon.

Yesterday I went to Goodwill and used that $1 per item to buy some clothes with.  Can't beat a deal like that.  Today, other than seeing the lawyer, I'm going to the store and doing some spot-cleaning.  You all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:04 am »
Netta, I just watched a news story about accidents involving people texting while driving.  One was a bus driver with disabled passengers on board.  He smashed into an SUV going 65mph.  You're lucky no one was seriously hurt.  Stinks about the car and the ticket, though.

Mim did good all things considered.  She's now decided she definately does NOT like shots in the mouth.  She was funny.  The dentist talked to her, sang with her and explained everything before he did it.  He put he gel on her gums to numb them at 9:10am.  By 9:30 we were on our way home.  I couldn't believe how fast he was.  She came home and spent the rest of the day outside playing.  She goes back tomorrow and Tuesday then she'll be done.  He doesn't like to numb more than 1 quadrant at a time.  Mim's not happy, but now she knows what to expect.

Dr. F's office called yesterday to see how she was doing on her new meds and if there was anything we needed.  So far, so good.  This will be her 2nd day on a full dose of Epzicom and she's had no problems at all.

Nothing much planned for today.  We got a lot of work done outside yesterday.  Today it's pouring the rain, so I'll try to get stuff done around here.  Maybe get the grocery shopping done.  Tonight I'm going to my friends' house to practice the 2 songs we're playing in the concert.

Betty, we got a letter saying that we'll get the one-time payment by the end of May.  Glad you had a good time with your grandkids.  Does your daughter know what she's having in June?  Graduation is coming up next weekend, yes?  Getting CLOSE!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:33 am »
Mum, I'm glad Min's doing so well at the dentist.  I used to totally despise going.  And I'm glad her new doctor is trying to stay on top of her new med situation.   My daughter is having a girl.  Due June 7th, or some such.  And my graduation is May 9th.  So, it's pretty soon. 

Today I'm supposed to get my hair dyed back to light brown (my natural color).  I don't know if I'm going to like it or not, and I have some bleach waiting in the wings in case I don't.  Anyway, that's what's going on with me today, besides doing a teeny bit of shopping.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 12:25:35 pm »
Another girl...Aww!  She's due on our middle daughter's birthday.  But I learned the hard way that they come when they want to.  I need my hair colored again.  I was hoping to get it done before the concert, but I'm not sure now if I'll have the time.  My new do tends to show the roots and I'm not liking the amount of gray I'm seeing.  I dye mine a medium brown (for now ;))  You'll have to post a picture of you with your new color. It's hard for me imagine you as anything but a blonde.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 10:10:42 pm »
I haven't dyed or cut my hair in forever. A girlfriend commented on how much grey she could see. She shut up when I reminded her we where the same age. LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:44 am »
Yeah, I got that letter from Social Security saying late May. But has heard if you have direct deposit, it would be in by the first. But you know how that is. I really didn't do much today other than laundry. But I am all packed except for some last minute things. I was wondering if airlines let you carry insulin onboard. Someone told me that since it is liquid it may not be allowed. Anyone know anything about this?If not, I guess I will just have to take my glipizide. But I have noticed since I have been trying to wean myself off of Pepsi that my sugars have been in the normal range. I have not had any in 2 days, I know not long but my sugars has been between 77-106. I am still taking my insulin though.

That's about it for me....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 06:47:27 am »
Queen, we ran into this same problem with Mim's Zerit when we were going to Mexico.  Not only was it a liquid, but it had to be refrigerated.  The airline was livid that I'd even ASK to put a liquid in thier refrigerator.  If I were you, I'd call the airline and ask.  It may be as simple as you having a letter from your doctor explaining that you need the insulin.

Not a whole lot going on here.  Kids have ballgames tonight, so I'm not doing laundry until we get home.  I'm being mean mom and hoping they get rained out.  I'd like to have a day to stay home.  Mim goes back to the dentist today.  She's not at all happy about it.

Practice was a hoot last night at my friend's house.  They have 2 girls and I brought my 3.  They ran around and played.  Then, they decided they wanted in on the music making and got into costumes, grabbed pots, pans, and toy flutes.  What a racket!  We were dodging kids, dogs, furniture, each other.  I didn't make it home until almost 11p.

Everyone here is still sleeping.  I think I'll crawl back in bed for a bit.  Have a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:46 am »
Morning all,

Wendy, that's funny.  I don't know how much grey I would have if I didn't color my hair.  I've been coloring it for years, so hard to tell.

Queen, you can always check on the airlines website about the Insulin.  Most airlines have different rules as to how big the liquid container can be.  When I flew to Phoenix, I took my Insulin without problem, and also the syringes.  I just got a doctor's note for the needles.  Then when I was going through security at the airports, they weren't even worried about seeing the note from the doctor.  I didn't refrigerate the Insulin, because most meds will stay good for quite awhile out of the frig.  I'm sure you'll be alright.    The last thing to go for me diabetes wise was sugar pop.  I loved regular soda.  And I keep some in my apartment for when my blood sugar tanks (which doesn't happen often).  But yeah, it can really cause those levels to go way up.  Tomorrow you leave, right? 

Mum, good luck at the dentist's today.  It sounds like you had a blast last night.  That's good, you need to have fun.  It's been raining here all week, and is supposed to today also.  I am so tired of rain and chilly weather!  Give Min a kiss for me for having to endure the dentist chair.  And I would get a picture of myself, if I knew how to operate the digital camera I have.  I have an instruction booklet that's a quick start guide, then another one that's like 70 pages long.  I haven't had the patience to read through either one yet.  Too many other things going on.  But, I'll try to get to that soon.

Today my therapist is supposed to be over, and I want to go to the library to get another book to read.  Tonight is the HIV support group I may go to.  Other than that, nothing else planned today.  You all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:20 am »
Hello, LADIES, they totaled my car!!! I  said goodbye yesterday. Now I have to start all over again and buy another car. I will not spend much money as I did then.
I have learned my lesson, I am just so thankfull no one was hurt. I drive so carefully now and refuse to even talk on the phone. I will use a bluetooth. I hope I get enough to get a good car.  My insurance company said I will get a check minus my tiltle loan payment to the value of my car. I paid 10.000 cash when I haad my settlement in October. My husband will put some of his financilal aid refund with it if needed. My dh goes to online classes for his degree in accounting.
Queen have a GREAT TRIP!!! My dh traveled with his insulin and had no problems.
lOVE TO ALL
oh the hat in my new pic is one I crocheted for an aids function I went to.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:23:38 am by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:38 pm »
oh the hat in my new pic is one I crocheted for an aids function I went to.
Very cool Netta!

Offline minismom

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2009, 07:05:45 am »
Netta, that is a way too cool hat!  You need to send me the pattern. 

Betty, Mim did really good yesterday.  I convinced the dentist to both sides on the top so we didn't have to go back on Tuesday.  He said he would since the chances of her biting the inside of her mouth or her tongue would be slim if her entire top half was numb.  If he had to numb top and bottom of one side, he wouldn't have done it.  This time she didn't yell when she got the shots.  I was really proud of her.  She said, "It didn't make a difference last time.  It wasn't going to make a difference this time."  she's a quick learner ;)

Her ball team won last night.  They came back from a score of 5 to 0 in the 4th inning to win it 6 to 7 in the 6th inning. They've never lost a game. I am upset with the coach, however.  There are 4 kids (2 of them mine) who sit out every other inning.  Meanwhile, all the other kids (including the coach's kid and nephew) play the entire game.  These 4 kids get to bat once, maybe twice, while the other kids never miss a batting round.  Every kid should have his / her turn on the bench and a turn at missing a turn to bat.  I know life's not fair, but it would be nice if every kid got a fair opportunity.

Anyway, to celebrate the win, we got pizza from Dominoes for a very late (8:30) dinner.

Today is our co-op.  I can't believe that our school is over in 2wks - May 15th.  We'll take about a month off, then start on our summer stuff.  We do reading, writing, and math 2 or 3 days a week during the summer.  We don't spend very long on it, an hour or 2 in the mornings, but it helps the kids either move forward or reinforce what they had problems with.  And, if they get their summer packet done by a certain date, their are great rewards (as yet to be determined).

Hope everyone has wonderful plans for this weekend.  Looks like we have little to look forward to other than rain and rain and rain.  Temps are perfect - low 70's, but can't get out to enjoy them.  Time to make the donuts.  See you all on the flip side.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:48 am »
Morning all,

Netta, sorry about your car.  I hope you can get another one that you like.  I love that hat!  And you look so nice in it.

Mum, give Min hugs from me and Poppy for her win in baseball and her getting her fillings in her teeth.  I used to hate getting shots in my mouth.  Have you ever seen that movie "Bill Cosby Himself?"  It is hilarious.  He was talking about dentists in there, about how they don't give shots like a regular doctor (in and out); how they have to keep the needle in and move it around.  It's an older movie, but it's funny as everything.  He also talks about kids, and parents.  I know you would like it, unless you've already seen it. 

I got a couple new tires on my car yesterday.  And I went to Borders.  They're selling out their CD's, and all DVD's except for new releases.  Most are 50% off.  I didn't find any DVD's I wanted, as this sale has been going on for awhile, so a lot of them are gone. But, I did find two CD's for 1/2 price.  And I found a couple things for my grandkids that were on sale also.

Hey, where in the heck has Andrea been?  We haven't heard from you in awhile, dear, so if you're reading, let us know how you're doing.  Still haven't heard anything from Tendai.  I think I saw her around the other day.  I do worry, though.  Tendai, if you're reading, what's going on there?  And anyone else MIA (Cin, Wishful, Latrice).        You all have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2009, 07:30:22 pm »
Hey ladies-

I'm going to start reading through the posts...slowly .....just to catch up.  As I was skimming through, I would like to give a big hug and congratulations to Betty.  It's so fantastic that you're finally done with school and with a nice gpa.

Netta-  sorry to read about the car accident.  It's horrible but nobody got hurt, so that is something that is a positive aspect of it all.

Queen-  You'll love NY.  I went to school and lived there for a few years.  Be careful.    Are you going to any of the boroughs or straight to Manhattan?

Mini's mom-  It's wonderful WONDERFUL news regarding Mini's Cd4 number.  It put a smile on my face.  How are you feeling?

Well-  like I mentioned earlier I need to carefully read the posts.  I've been super busy with work and projects and popping in and out when I could. 

Hugs tonight,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2009, 08:24:51 am »
Good to hear from you, Camms.  Thanks for the congrats. 

Offline vivyt

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2009, 03:22:06 pm »
Ok! I have just skimmed through all the posts I missed and there is just way too much to comment on. I do have to acknowledge one thing though....CONGRATULATIONS BETTY!!! ;D ;D

I still am without a computer. I called my computer guy but he was out of town and then he was sick. He finally picked it up on Thursday and said he hopes to have it back to me by Monday. I have been using my dad's desktop, when I'm here, and my school laptop to check to my email. I cannot wait to get my computer back. He told me that he has been seeing A LOT of problems with Facebook. I just hope it isn't going to cost too much. If it does I am just going to get a new one.

We are in the middle of our state testing...No Child Left Behind...what a joke. The last day is closer and closer and there is still so much to do.

I have missed you all and hopefully I will be able to communicate regularly after Monday.

Andrea

Offline camille07

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2009, 06:29:25 pm »
Hello Andrea-

What exactly is the problem with your pc?   Did your facebook account get hijacked?

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2009, 08:06:52 pm »
Camms:

What happened was, I got a message from one of my friends and it was a video. She had sent to a whole bunch people so I opened it and tried to play the video and nothing happened so I closed it. A few hours later my computer started going haywire. All these alerts came up about viruses and trojans and other stuff. I tried to scan it but even that was crazy so I just shut it down. When I took it into Best Buy they said I could leave it and hopefully they would be able to save everything but it would cost me about $200. That was just for removing the virus, no restoration or anything. I had forgot about the computer guy who helped me before so I just called him. He told me that he has been getting a lot of business lately because of Facebook. I guess there's no protection or something. He tried to explain it to me but I don't know. He did say  that he has been able to repair them without losing anything so that is good. He has to remove the hard drive though. Again, I don't know what that means.  ???
Anyways....my friend, who the message came from said she did not send it and that her computer crashed right after that, but Microsoft fixed it for free.

What a pain!!

Offline camille07

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »
Good morning ladies

Andrea-  This has been happening to a lot of people on FB.  People are setting up trojans ( appears to perform a desirable function but in fact performs undisclosed malicious functions that allow unauthorized access to your pc).  Now that its fixed, you need to get good antivirus / anti-spyware software, that also covers malware.  Norton has great products but are a little pricey.  AVG is also very good.

Netta- I love the hat too....it really compliments your face nicely.   It's especially nice since its something you made. 

Betty-  You have so much going on.  Congratulation on your grand baby.  What's going on with regards to seeing your lawyer.  Did you find out anything new.

Ann-  I like the new kitchen set.  What is that poster in the second picture....birds? 

Viv-  Glad to hear about your move.  Sounds like it will be good for you and Robert to have your own place.  Did it happen yet?

Besides having a lot of work, I been on the couch a lot with cramps when I'm not working.  I'm very tired and have very achy ovaries. I just went to the doctor on Friday, and now I have to get the internal and external ultrasound.  This time last year I had cysts on my ovaries so I'm thinking its the same thing.  I hate this feeling and then I feel bad because I feel like a lazy crumb bum. 

Its raining here to today which works for me.   I enjoy a nice rain in the spring time.  There are lots of flowers and trees here, on the property, that are enjoying this rain as much as me.  I hope everyone has today where ever they are...... I'm wondering what Queen is thinking of NY.

Hugs to you all,

Camms
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:22:21 pm by camille07 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:57 pm »
Andrea, thanks for the congrats.  I'm sorry your computer is still not fixed.  Hopefully your computer guy can get that taken care of soon.  I don't go on Face Book, so I don't know anything about stuff like that. 

Camms, I go see the lawyer Wednesday.  Hopefully the bankrupcy won't be too pricey.  I don't like to hear about that pain you're having.  I hope they get it figured out.  You shouldn't feel like a bum.  What are you supposed to do when you're having that bad pain?  Give yourself a break.

Today one of my professors gave the lecture at my church, and I had to introduce him.  I was very nervous, standing in front of the congregation, but it went well.  He is very interesting and entertaining.

The Aids walk was today also, and I went to that for 2 and 1/2 hours.  I didn't walk, of course, but hung out with my guy friends, and some people who work for the ASO here.  They had raffles, but I didn't win anything, which was disappointing, since I bought $10 in tickets.  A drag queen did the drawings.  I left when the hog roast started, since I had already eaten.  Nothing other than that.  Tomorrow I have to go to the section 8 office for a recert appointment.  I just know the lady's going to raise my rent.  She did last year, just the amount that I had gotten for a raise in my social security check.  I hope she doesn't take the whole extra amount again this year.          Anyway, you ladies have a good night.  I'm freezing and irritable right now, so I'm going to chill for awhile.

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:51 am »
Good morning, ladies! 

Cam, good to hear from you!  I just wish you were feeling better.  Fingers crossed that someone can figure out why you are hurting and find a quick solution.

Betty, tell me about the cold.  I have had ENOUGH of being cold and wet. We have chances of rain every day this week.  High today is only 57!  It's MAY for goodness sake, act like it!  >:(  Floods are a going to be a big problem, now.

I wish we'd have an AIDS walk here, but we don't.  I'd think in the big cities like Hunington, Charleston, and Morgantown, they'd organize something.  We'd go in a heartbeat.

Not much on the agenda for today.  I need to do the laundry from this weekend.  I've been so tired lately.  I take naps in the afternoon and still fall asleep by 9pm.  Not sure what's up.  Yesterday was not a good lung day.  I ended up needing 2 breathing treatements.  My follow-up x-ray is this Thursday.

We have dress rehersal every night this week leading up to our concert Friday night.  In the past, we've done our concert 3 times.  This is the 1st year we'll only do it once.  Seems like a ton of work for one night, but it's all the time we could get this year.

I hope everyone else is having a warmer, dryer, sunnier Monday.

Much love to you all!
Mum

www.watoto.com

tendai

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2009, 07:57:37 am »
Hie ladies
its been a while, my computer gives me problem sometimes and i feel like smashing it. it gets frozen for what seems like hours for some reason. i hope my boss replaces it soon. anyway
betty - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! best of luck finding work
netta - sorry about the accident. im just glad nobody got hurt.
camms - hope u feel better soon with the cramps
queen - im so happy you've found love. have fun in NY ;)
mum - i hope u feel better soon. hugs to mini and the other lobsters..
viv - sorry about your computer. so are u going to get microsoft to fix it too?
snow - im glad it went well with your son. he's a very sweet boy
ann - i love your table i wish i could get one like that , if only my kitchen was big enough

well things in zimbabwe are a lot better now. food is readily available thank God. its cash thats the problem now.  civil servants are getting $100 which doesnt really cover a lot if one has a family.  rentals are still high as are medical fees. school fees have been slashed for governemnt schools which is great too, although its doubtful if teachers will go back to work beoz of the $100 pay they are getting. what most schools were doing and might do again is make each child bring extra money per month (anything from $5-$50 depending on the school) which is handed over to the teacher or head and thats what the teachers get paid from. the new government is saying its broke coz the money they were expecting from other countries isnt coming like they had hoped.  main reason being that there still is some disregard to law and order by Mugabe's people who are still invading farms and generally making a nuisance of themselves so its hard for any policy to really work. its just messed up but the man on the street wont bother his prettly little head with that right now as long as he can feed his family and has a roof over his head.
mr-out-of town well i kind of went off him. i was starting to feel like his mother or something. not that im materialistic or anything but i'd like a guy who will take me out and spoil me once in a while. i dont know, i was starting to feel taken advantage of. i havent actually dumped him, im just not calling and hope he can take a hint. coz i know i cant tell him the truth why i dont want to be with him anymore. he claims to earn a lot less than i do and he seemed delighted to sit back and make me pay for everything and i cant do that again. i felt like a sugar-mummy. So i guess he's now mr-out-of-here  :-\ oh well
have a great one :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2009, 08:23:03 am »
Hey mum, I hope you feel better soon with those lungs.  I'd really love to see that concert Friday night.  It's one that you're going to be in, correct?  If someone takes a picture, please post it.   I can't believe Charleston doesn't have an Aids walk.  I wonder why that is.

Tendai, so good to hear from you!!  I'm glad things are going better in Zimbabwe.  I always worry when we don't hear from you for awhile, because of the state of what it's been like there.  And I don't blame you at all for getting rid of Mr. Out.  If I was dating someone who wanted me to pay for everything all the time, I would kick his ass to the curb.  Thanks for the congrats by the way.  And I hope you get a new computer.

Today I'm going to do the laundry, and this afternoon I have a recertification appointment with section 8.  Last year, they raised my rent the exact amount of money that my social security check went up.  I hope they don't do that again this year, and I'm going to tell the lady that (not that that will do any good).  I just get tired of every agency taking whatever little extra money there is.  You all who depend on the government know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, I hope you all have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2009, 09:24:48 am »
Good morning ladies

GRRRRR my previous post that I spent forever writing  just disappeared when trying to upload a photo. 

Betty-  I think its ironic that your lawyer may be pricey while claiming bankruptcy.    Was there a large turn out for the Aids walk? 

Tend-  You deserve to have someone who shares in the giving end.  Give and take!  I agree and wrote what BT said "kick him to the curb" ...been there and done that so I speak from experience.  Sorry to hear about your tech problems.  It doesnt help things.

Mum-  Love to hear the concert stories.  Sorry to hear about so much rain.  When it it finally gets sunny here I will pass it along.

Have a great day girls!

Hugs to you all,

Camms

Offline minismom

« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2009, 04:05:07 pm »
Betty, yes our concert is this Friday.  I am so stoked!  I dance in 7 and play (the electric violin) in 2.  The kids are dancing in 5 or 6.  There is a song that just our family is dancing in.  It should be cool - except we won't even hear the music until tomorrow night. :o  I just finished labeling and putting together our costumes - it took me 2 hours and over 30 hangers and 10 zip lock bags (for shoes/socks/head pieces, ect.)  Hubby is video taping.  If you have a VCR, I'll send you a copy.  I need to figure out how to post pictures from our new software.  Hubby set up this cool thing where I can email you a photo album.  PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics of the kids.

I finally finished the laundry and packed up all the kids' winter clothes.  I'd already started and I'm not unpacking them now.  We left out blue jeans and jackets.  I'm convinced that one day it wil HAVE to get warm.

Tendai, glad to hear things are getting a bit better.  Getting paid $100 / day (month, week?), with the cost of bread still in the millions doesn't lend for much on the table. 

Just got the bill for my last doctor visit.  It's enough to make me skip my return visit on Thursday.  Health Access is still giving us the run-around.  Hubby called again and spoke with the lady in charge.  She told him what he needed to send and sure enough, it's in our original pile that's been sent 3 TIMES!!!!  what a pain in the ass!

Have a great Monday. Any of you can spare me and Betty some sun, we'd both appreciate it.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2009, 06:55:17 am »
Practice last night was a hoot.  When everyone left, we fired up the ol' electric violins and jammed out. Not quite sure what the artistic director (also the owner) expected, but I believe she was a bit suprised. ;D 

Do you all remember my friend I spoke of the end of last year?  She was pregnant with her 7th child when her husband died in November.  Anyway, just to update.  She had a baby boy on Christmas morning and was home in time to have breakfast with the other kids and watch them open their gifts :o. Yeah, I know.  Construction began on her new house in February and it is 80% complete.  The garage (which is bigger than my house) is nearly done.  The entire upstairs is painted.  They just need the downstairs painted, the driveway poured, and stuff moved in.  They hope to be living in it by the end of the month - if it quits raining long enough to pour the concrete. 

Not much happening today.  Besides school, I'm making truffles.  Not sure yet what flavor but probably dark chocolate mint.  I'll make enough to give to our dance teacher and the ladies in my dance class. (with a few extra hidden away for me)

Everyone have a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:59 am »
Morning all,

Camms, filing bankrupcy is more expensive than it used to be.  There was a pretty good turn out for the Aids walk.  A few of us lingered behind, while the others walked. 

Mum, so, are you ladies going to be putting out a CD with your violin playing? ;D  I think I remember you talking about your friend.  She had the baby in the morning, and they released her the same day?  Geesh. 

I have to go to social security today.  I had my purse stolen some years back, and never replaced my social security card.  So, the only thing I have is the stub from my original card, which of course has my maiden name on it.  The lady at housing yesterday told me she has to have one with my current name, or I couldn't be recertified.  I have the same social security number on my Medicare card, but she said that doesn't matter.  I just know I'm going to be sitting there for at least a couple hours.  But, I guess it was time to get one anyway.  I don't know what all documentation they (social security) are going to need for my identity, so hopefully I won't have to run back and forth. 

Yesterday I got the most awesome surprise.  I was watching t.v. when someone knocked on my door.  I answered it, and here's this man standing there with this huge basket of fruits and chocolates.  I said "holy crap," (I don't know what he thought of that).  It was from one of my friends I've made on here.  I couldn't believe it!  It's the first time I've ever gotten anything like that.  So, that was nice.

I wonder what Queen's thinking of New York.  I've never been, but my brother and his girlfriend went last year, and he really liked it because of the diversity.        Ok, you ladies have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2009, 11:44:21 am »
Good morning ladies-

Mum- sounds like soooo much fun post violin playing.  Oh my, truffles.  I think I just gained 2 pounds at the very thought.  Yum, dark chocolate is my very favorite.
Your friend's endurance is impressive having a baby and then getting back to the  rest of the family.  Plus she's got a huge family for a single parent.

Betty-  What a nice surprise. Its especially nice when you're not expecting it.  How thoughtful.

I'm considering going back to school for my graduate degree.  I want to go to a state school, which will be cheaper, but I'm just frustrated because so many of the schools don't offer the program I am looking for.  I did find that the San Francisco school of design offers a graduate program online and its ideal.  I'm collecting unemployment and will go down to their offices for some advice on Friday.  In the mean time, I do have online classes and independent work projects.

Offline minismom

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2009, 06:55:40 am »
Oh, Betty, that just made my day!  What a wondeful, thoughtful gift.  I'm sure it will put a smile on your face for quite a while.  You so deserve it! 

Um, about the CD..LOL.  I'll let you see the DVD and decide ;)  Last night my playing partner gave me a suprise, too.  She's a vet and a hobby jewler.  She made me earrings with wee tiny crystals in the birthstones of the kids, me, and Hubby.  They dangle down, but are small - less than an inch long.  She gave them to me last night and I cried.  I'll wear them in the concert (and every where else I go).  Like you, Betty, I just can't believe someone thought enough about me to do something so sweet.  It's truly humbling.

My parents are dropping off their dog today.  We'll be dog-sitting until Sunday.  She's a Chinese Crested.  They are the hairless dogs with the "Twiggy" puff of hair on the top of their heads and tails.  But, Ginger actually has very very long hair all over her body.  It's a rarity - only 1 in 1000 have hair.  She doesn't shed and is hypoallergenic.  Also, they are the only breed of dog that sweats.  So, she doesn't pant and doesn't have dander.  She's a very small, very smart and very loving doggy.  We're talking to a reputable breeder about getting one (a nekked one) for the kids for Christmas.  So far it's the only dog that #6 isn't allergic to.

Not a lot on the ol' agenda today.  I need to do a bit of laundry, finish getting costumes hung and labeled, and color my hair.  This is the 1st night of full dress rehersal and it's going to be a long night - nearing 11pm when all is said and done. Tomorrow night won't be bad.  We'll just go from beginning to end non-stop, so just a couple of hours.  If any of you have a VCR (a WHAT ???), and email me your address, I can have Hubby make you a copy and send it to you.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the DVD and we're lucky if we get them by December.

It's raining here with no sun in sight for another 5 or 6 days.  Should be warmer - into the 60's.  Keep blowing the sun this direction - we need it oh so badly.

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:12 am »
Hey girls-

Well, I go in for a pelvic and transvaginal ultra sound tomorrow morning.  The worst part about the procedure is drinking  6 glasses of  water before hand [A full bladder pushes the intestines (which contain air) out of the way of the pelvic organs. This makes the ultrasound picture clearer].

Today is cloudy, but no rain.  Going to take my dog to the dog park and get back to get started on some design work. 

Hugs to you all,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:24 am »
Morning ladies,

So, where is Cristy, Snow, Keeping, and everyone else?  I know Andrea is having problems with her computer, and Queen is in NYC.  And we did hear from Tendai.  Come on ladies, speak up!

Camms, are you thinking about that online school from San Francisco?   Yeah, I've had some ultrasounds where I had to drink a lot of water and then lay there and not pee.  Especially when they run that thing over the abdomen, that's the hardest.  Anyway, I hope this determines what it is that's going on.  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

Mum, I'm going to have to wait for the DVD.  I'm still waiting for the photo album of the kids. :)      I know what those Chinese Crested dogs look like, I just didn't know the particulars about them.  Very interesting.  I didn't know there were any types of dogs that sweat.  Are they nervous dogs?

Today I'm supposed to see the bankrupcy lawyer.  I'm a bit nervous, since I really don't know what to expect.  I hope everything goes smoothly.   

This afternoon, I'm going to Applebee's for my grandson's 5th birthday.  I guess he has a gift certificate for a free meal on his b.d., so today is it.  I can't believe he's five.  It should be a good time.  I have his present, and of course something for my granddaughter also (because when you buy for 1, you have to buy for the other).  That's about it.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2009, 06:45:53 pm »
We went camping this last weekend at the guadalupe river. We drove to New Braunfels, Texas. The baby went with us. The water was cold. It rained the last evening we where there but it was while we where asleep. The worst part about camping was trying to sleep between Billy and Haley. They both snore and talk in thier sleep. LOL That and I had to get up to pee a few times a night and the restroom was more of a walk than I'd want in the dark alone. Needless to say I did not get a ton of sleep. But I am all caught up now.  ;)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2009, 10:24:22 pm »
BT- How did the meeting go?  I filed back in 97.  It totally sucked but I couldn't avoid it.  I think I had to pay around $2500.

Mum-  What a sweet gift your friend gave you, how thoughtful.  I love those kind of personalized gifts.
Have fun at your concert.  We love VHS in our house, DVD's are too easy to scratch for the little ones.  I hope you are feeling better.  Does Mini like Dr. Suess or is she too old?  Since I live where he was born, I thought she might enjoy it if I sent her something?

Win- LOL! Sounds like you had some rough nights camping but I am glad you had a good time.  There is nothing worse than having to pee in the middle of the night and having to walk a while to do it.

Camms- Good Luck on your procedure tomorrow.  I had to do that when I was pregnant with my first son, it was my first ultrasound and they had me drink a ton.  I thought I was going to explode before I even got there, then they made me wait,  I couldn't hold it any longer and went to the desk, the lady told me I could go but just to let a little out. LOL.  Yeah right, like that is possible.  There was no way I could stop after I started, it felt so good to pee it made my mouth water.

My oldest stayed home with pink eye today. After I took him to the doc, we went to the park and threw the football around. We planted some hostas and  two un-identifed perenials today.    I still haven't told my father because I never have a time when the kids aren't around, except when they are at school and then he is usually working.  Do you think it would be awful if I told him over the phone?  I really don't want to but I am not sure what else I can do.  I just want it over with and I want to know if he is going to stop talking to me again or not.  Not that I think it is my mothers responsibility but I think it is wierd that my mother hasn't said anything to my father at all.  He has asked her how I pay my bills and she just brushed it off.  My mother stayed over here every weekend before she got back with my father over a year or so ago. She has only been here for the holidays for last year for a couple of hours, she might have slept over twice when my father was away. I think I mentioned before that when they got divorced, my father thought it would be easier if he just stopped talking to me too and didn't talk to me again for like 7 years and then acted like nothing happened.  I just feel like I have been abandoned again but by both my parents this time.  In the least, I feel like my mother could tell my father that I really have to tell him something and to try to make himself available. Supposedly, they have a bunch of heart to hearts all the time now.  I have told him myself but he doesn't hear me.  I guess it is a good thing I am going to see the therapist tomorrow.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Offline minismom

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:39 am »
Didn't make it home until 11pm last night and I'm whooped!  The kids held up, no tired whiney melt-downs (except mine).  We left on time, got half way there (a 45 minute drive) when I realized Hubby left my violin sitting on our bed.  I made him turn around and go back to get it.  Needless to say, we were VERY late.  By the time I got our costumes hung, all 8 of us changed and ready to go, my nerves were frazzled. 

I wasn't 2 feet in the door before some lady started telling me all her woes and complaints about a clothing rack that wasn't where it belonged.  I told her I had no idea - go ask Terry (the owner / director).  She kept following me complaining.  Mind you, I was carrying 3 garment bags filled with 37 costumes, 10 zip lock bags, a violin, my umbrella, dragging 6 kids and I was LATE!  I finally turned around and very nastily told her to stop talking to me.  Not very graceful, I know.  Just about then, Hubby came in from parking the car, so the lady went off on him about how badly i was freaking out.  He politely corrected her explaining that I was NOT freaking out, she was just being a pest.  Again, not graceful.  At least I skipped the "Bite me!"

Betty: nope, Cresteds aren't whiney, yappy, or nervous.  They are hardy little dogs who love to cuddle. The breeder we spoke to said they take their cues from the owners.  If they are on the go people, and take the dog, then the dogs adapt to being out doors, running, and always moving.  But, if the owner is an older person who stays home a lot and wants a lap dog for company, then that's what the dog becomes.  Ginger is a bit of both.  She likes to run, be around people, but is very happy being at home by herself.

I'll see if Hubby has time today to set up the pictures.  He found a website that lets us send photo ablums to people with captions, for free.  I'm not sure how to do it, or i'd send it myself.

Cam: be sure to let us know how your tests went.

Snow: so very sorry your parents are causing you so much hootie.  I know it can't be easy for you.  I'm glad you have someone you can talk to about it, though.  Are you all moved out into your own place, now?  How is the wee one with pink eye?  The worst part is trying to get the goo off their eyelashes so he can open his eyes.

Winn, we tried camping when our youngest was just over a year old.  We planned to stay for 4 days.  It lasted one night.  In the morning, we went to the bath house, cleaned everyone up, and drove home.  An aweful lot of planning went into our 1 night adventure.  I'm glad you had a good time and that Haley cooperated.

Hope everyone is having a great day.  One day til Friday - YEAH!!!!

All the best,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2009, 06:44:12 am »
Morning all,

Wendy, I really do not like camping outdoors where I have to sleep in a tent.  And having to walk a distance to pee in the middle of the night is one of the reasons.  I remember camping when I was a kid with a youth group, and waking up to things in the tent floating because of rain.  No thanks.  Anyway, I'm glad you had an alright time, and glad you're caught up on your sleep.

Snow, I see no reason why you can't tell your father over the phone, if that's what you choose.  About your mom telling your dad.....a lot of times mothers are fiercely loyal to their daughters, and won't breathe a word of something to anyone, most all the fathers.  I'm sorry your parents are putting you through so much shit.         How's your son's pinkeye doing?  I hope it's getting better.  It sounds like you had a productive day planting.

Mum, I love that story about you telling off that woman.  I can't stand people like that, and I'm glad you told her off.  Good for you.

The visit with at the lawyer's went well.  It's all paid for.  But he told me I would have to spend all but $300 in my bank accounts, or the trustee would take what was over $300.  And he also told me I have to show receipts, and it can only be for living expenses, like food, gas etc.  I think that's insane.  The day I go sign the filing whatever, I have to bring in a bank statement that has the amount in the bank on it for that day.  I said "well, what if I just pull out the money and save it, only showing $300 in the bank?" He said the trustee may investigate, to see if I had more money in the bank I just pulled out, that I may still have on hand.  But, how would he know if I still had this money on hand?  I guess I should listen to the lawyer, but I think that sucks.  I told him I thought people should be able to save a little for month-to-month expenses.  I have to go to some online site for credit counseling (which everyone is required to have a certificate of completion in before bankrupcy can be filed now).  And another site for something else, which he said takes a couple hours.  It says on the pamphlet for the counseling, that that takes 75 minutes.  Things have changed.  But, whatever, I just want to get it over with.

Today I have to be ready between 8-4 for the inspector from section 8 to come and look over my apartment, and the property.  He never says exactly when he's coming, so I feel like I can't even go to the bathroom, for fear I may miss him (of course I do go).  I know, a small price to pay for rental assistance, but, well, it is annoying to not know exactly when he's coming.   Anyway, I'm going to go eat and take a shower, so I look presentable.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10:50 am »
BETTY- I had to pay 1,000 for my bankruptcy 2 years ago. I went to conseling and all,but I didn't haveto spend every sent I had in the bank!!!
I am paying on my bankruptcy, 55.00 a month to keep my old caddy and the lawyers fee is taken out monthly, which is paid for.

Ok ladies, had a stressfull week. I went to see the gyn/oncology doctor on Monday. I was a nervous reck and got into an argument with hubby, because he wanted to come and I didn't want him there. Very selfish of me. Any how they did a colposcopy and a biopsy, to check for pre cancerous cells. that is why I had a bad pap smear. they said I would have to heal from the biopsy which takes about 5 days and to take it easy.The doctors were very gentle and very nice, explained I had a spot that had to be tested and that it may or may not be pre-cancerous.  all due to the hpv virus.Not to worry cause they can treat it with  laser surgery, and that I do not have cancer.
This is early intervention. So I am ok. Today I go to the gastric specialist ? excuse spelling, to see about my stomach . may or may not have to have the camera test which he will determine.
Always something!!!
We are all looking for a house to rent, my daughter filed divorce papers! I am still in shock, but not suprised, the hard part is telling the girls, which they have not done yet. Section eight went up about 150.00 on my rent! and that was with my dh unemployment! when we report the new job they will go up more! we are going from 123.00 to 290.00 a month! and when its all over we will be paying about 500.00!!! sooooo we decided to get a house with my daughter cause it will be better and cheaper in the long run.

Other than that, everything is ok, I got back 8,000. for my car after they took the 2.ooo owed for my loan, now I have to find a good car. It won't be as new as my car was,but I just want something reliable, this is going to be a challenge, because i don't want to spend all of the money on a car, at least save 1.000. in my bank account.
Hope all is well, love Netta

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:21:29 am by netta »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.