Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 343
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Let's get some folks lined up!  (Read 9017 times)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Let's get some folks lined up!
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:04:05 pm »
As Mr. Van Moffie mentioned in the original thread, we need to get some Board Members, advisors, committees, etc......
Everyone has been so generous, and while I am at it, I would just love to squeal in absolute delight for all of the support you guys have jumped in with.
I was entertaining my grand-daughter for a couple of hours, and when I came back to the computer, you guys had already had a festival. WOWIE WOW WOW WOW!!!
I'm with AC on this one boys, Big Bold, and In your Face.......that's how I have always rolled. My kids don't call me mama Dukes for nothing. ;)

Go!
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Dachshund

Re: Let's get some folks lined up!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:12:33 pm »
 I await your marching orders Comrade Lisa...haven't been this excited since my days at Berkeley. ;D I am glad to see others like me who are as mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore. I have your number and will soon be calling you with mine.

POWER TO THE INFECTED!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:55:12 pm »
Right here also.  As I said before, I am completely new to this sort of thing on a grand scale.  I will be relying on some guidance.   I do like to have things extremely organized, personally.  I am a big fan of accountability and organization.  I like clear chains of responsibility.  I like crystal clear mission statements and direct, sharp focus.  I don't like loose or open ends.  (Again...no comments from the peanut gallery on that one.)

I will be looking for guidance, but I am sure that I can help.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:22:46 pm »
I suck at being on Boards.  But I will volunteer what time I have and abilities I have to help in any way I can.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 06:37:35 pm »
What do you need?

I want in.

I put all of my meager talents at your disposal.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 05:59:58 am »
 ;)

Offline Lisa

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
Being on the Board should not have to be a stressful thing. We only need to name one in order to move forward with the formulation of the .org paperwork for official purposes.
Mr. VanNattan (Moffie) generously nominated me as Chairperson, which I accept as long as the group agrees.
In turn I would like to nominate him as well.
I also invite Hal.(whose whole given name I will not publicize unless he gives me permission to do so.)
I also wish to invite Andrew, and Aupoint, but you will need to be willing to give your real given names.
AC, if you don't want to be on the board, then i still think there is a place for you on a committee(which we will probably need at least two,for starters).
We can always grow, change, add, anytime, but we definately need at least a board to start with. I also know thunter has expressed interest and he has already publicly stated his real name as Tim Hunter.
Your turn....Go!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:54:29 pm »
I would be honored to help in any capacity. I second Tim's nomination of Lisa as Chairperson.

Hal

Offline Lisa

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 01:00:35 pm »
um.....uh....Hal..what about your permission? You know, to expose you. ::)

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  :o  Dont expose HAL!!!!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:13:18 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Lisa

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 11:33:45 am »
Lisa Nowak
Tim VanNattan
Benjamin Jaworowski
Tim Hunter
Patrick Grumm
 Does this work for you all(y'all)?
AC I have an idea for you too.
Go!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:24:19 am by Lisa »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:56 pm »
That works for me...but where the hell has Tim H. been?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 02:54:05 pm »
Ok what do we do?!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Im pming you my email addy.
RIDE!!!

Offline Lisa

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:54:45 pm »
I know he said he was going to visit Jonathan on Friday, and maybe he took the weekend off. I thought I was taking the weekend off because my carpal tunnel was becoming fairly painful, but silly me, leave it to my kids to dream up some huge drama just to keep me on my toes.      .......and I'm talkin' bout even bigger than the drama llama's momma can handle. ;) I'd rather deal with the Carpal thank you!

Offline Lisa

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:11:31 pm »
Thanks Andrew, I got your e-mail.
Your post in answer to Woods was well stated, and I believe you have a gift.
The next step we need to address, is our mission statement.
In my mind, it truly is a twofold mission. We do need the spotlight to shine on our combined great need for Ryan White funding to be expanded, but if we all had some form of universal access it wouldn't be so frightening to live with this disease.
I think you were spot on in saying that we hope/need to start a national dialogue about universal health access, but we are the one's willing to get up off our asses and do something about it. Not only will the lion be led by the lamb, but the aid may have to be led by AIDS./edit : Because we ALL have AIDS.

Go!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:15:52 pm by Lisa »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.