Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Nutrition, Wumpette Style

<< < (931/979) > >>

Jeff G:
For Willie https://www.yahoo.com/food/cracklin-cornbread-recipe-103229461831.html

My cornbread has no flour and no sugar. It has the tang of good buttermilk and a little smoke from Allan Benton’s smokehouse bacon. You’ve got to cook the cornbread just before you want to eat it, in a black skillet, with plenty of smoking-hot grease. That is the secret to a golden, crunchy exterior. Use very high heat, so hot that the batter screeches as it hits the pan. It’s a deceptively simple process, but practice makes perfect, which may be why many Southerners make cornbread every single day.

Miss Philicia:
And use stone ground non-commercial cornmeal

Proper "cracklin" needs real pork cracklings not bacon #recipefail

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on November 24, 2014, 06:02:03 pm ---And use stone ground non-commercial cornmeal

Proper "cracklin" needs real pork cracklings not bacon #recipefail

--- End quote ---

I use which ever I am in the mood for … I prefer cracklings , bacon seems to loose its flavor when baked in the bread . I get excellent crackling’s that are made by my aunts and cousins . They sent me a fresh batch the other day .

mitch777:
Corn bread scmornd bread. This topic comes up every single year but nobody sends me a mere morsel.  :'(

Wade:
Sounds good , love cornbread !
think buttermilk is key in most southern recipes
especially fried chicken !
bacon fat and lard (if you can get it ) mixture a must !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version