Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: What should i do? Test, PEP?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline londonguy123

What should i do? Test, PEP?
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:35 am »
Hi,

Last night i got with a transsexual prostitute. Please can you evaluate my risks and let me know if i need testing or PEP.

1)We had deep tongue kissing.
2) Oral both ways unprotected - i did not taste pre-cum and no ejaculation occured
3) Protected anal - i was top. We used lube and no rupture happened.
4) He ejaculated on my chest and within a minute was fingering me for a few minutes. With the same hand.

It is the fingering that i am most worried about, although the ejaculate was on my chest, there must have been some pre-come on his fingers.

I now think he has HIV because he wanted me to bareback him, but i refused.

We used durex featherlite for anal, apparently we should of used extra strong. Is this a problem or only if it broke?  Would i have known if it broke? After sex, i masturbated with my penis still in the condom and to me knowledge it didnt stick out etc - presuming it means it wasnt broke!

Please help, this only occurred last night so still have time to get PEP

Thankyou

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: What should i do? Test, PEP?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:04:03 am »
You are worrying needlessly. The important thing is that you used a condom for intercourse. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Yes, you would have known if the condom failed because when that happens it's quite apparent. Usually it ends up looking like a hoop with fringe on the penis.

Yah, I got all the details that you are concerned about. There is no need to do PEP nor any need for testing. Just make sure you use a latex condom with water-based lube everytime for anal intercourse (and vaginal too if you go that way).
Andy Velez

Offline londonguy123

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:08:17 am »
Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply.

But how is the fingering not a risk? Surely if he had pre-come or ejaculate on his fingers and quickly started fingering me there could be transmission? My anus is sore and could have cuts.

I should note that I did not receive anal sex , only topped.

Are you sure that i don't need testing and that i can forget about this incident?

Regards,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:16:32 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:15:49 pm »
HIV is a very fragile virus. It is not transmitted in the manner you are concerned about. You are worrying needlessly, no matter how sore your butthole was/is.
Andy Velez

Offline londonguy123

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:25:52 pm »
Thanks guys.

I will try and forget it all and not test over this 'safe' incident.

Are condoms 100% effective against HIV if they don't break? Even thin ones (made by Durex, the leading brand in the UK).

I know oral is no/low risk esp. without ejaculation. And i know kissing isnt a risk unless both have prefously bleeding mouths.

As you say, the fingering is a non issue and if the condoms are 100% protective then i can be sure i didnt catch HIV.

Kind of similar to the fingering, is there any risk when i was masturbating with the condom on (after having sex) and then took the condom off and continued to masturbate withour washing my hands. The presence of his anal juices would have been on my hands i suppose.

Or would this be inactive due to being in the air?

Thanks

Offline londonguy123

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »
One more point if i may,

you mention use water based lube - we used moisturizer which is oil based i think

Is this a problem or would it have only been a problem if the condom broke?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:26 pm »
If the condom didn't fail you had no risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
An oil based lube may cause breakage. It didn't in your case as it would have been evident if it had. Use water-based in the future.

No, condoms are not 100% effective against transmission. But awfully close to it. Only sex with your own hand is 100% safe. Condoms do the job.

Stop getting stuck on details and what ifs. You need to let go of this and move on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline londonguy123

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 07:17:21 am »
I know you are right

I'm just trying to make sure i got every base covered.

In regards to the fingering, what if he had cuts on his finger? - would that be a risk, i cant remember ever looking/seeing cuts but what if.

In the same token, i alsio fingered him a bit and i notice a small 0.5-1mm cut under my nail which only looks healed now so im guessing was fresh during the incident.

I am getting my self worked up - im now doubting whether the condom remained in tact - it was loose when he got off me - the condom had unravelled higher off my penis but my penis remained covered, only away from the tip of the condom and more in the middle of it.

Would i have 100 known if the condom broke? I'm kicking myself for not checking, I didnt feel or hear anything and i'm guessing with me msturbating in it after sex that it probably would have torn completey if it was broke.

Are you 100% sure i dont need testing? Even with the fingering (possible cuts and exposure to pre-come/anal juices) both way?

I'm at work and all im thinking about is this - already looking into getting an PCR RNA test

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 08:17:58 am »
There is absolutely no need for any testing including RNA. You did not have a risk. This is all about HIV jitters and not anything based in experience or HIV science.

You have no sound basis for concern about HIV in relation to this incident. Period. Fears and doubts are not facts.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.