Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:36:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773291
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 652
Total: 653

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just a few more days til the BIG day  (Read 3177 times)

Offline franfrog

Just a few more days til the BIG day
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:10 pm »
So Sunday is the big day.  My scheduled c-section.  Tomorrow I go for my preadmission testing and will find out what time I will go in Sunday.  I was doing very well but now I am starting to get nervous.  It has been 13 years since I have had to go through this. 
What I did forget to ask the Dr and wonder if any of you know, how long after the baby is born, will they give her the first dose of meds.  i know it is given every 6 hours but when is the first? 
Well I am excited, scared and many other emotions but I am ready!
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Just a few more days til the BIG day
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »
Very exciting news! :)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:04:20 pm »
Best wishes.  Hope everything is fine.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »
Not sure about when the first dose is but wanted to say Super Best Wishes! I am so excited for you!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
Hi Fran

All I know is baby will need to take HIV drugs for probably four to six weeks following the birth, so I'm assuming it will be pretty much straight away..if I'm wrong someone will hopefully come in and correct me.

Will be thinking of you, good luck.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:30 am »
Hi Fran. I've not been able to find anything specific as to when they begin medications for the baby but I would imagine it would be within the first hour or two, after the baby has has been checked over and given a bit of time to settle.

You might be interested in reading through the iBase guide to pregnancy and childbirth. It's from the UK, but it's all pretty much the same as in the US.

http://i-base.info/guides/pregnancy

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »
Good Luck Fran.....all the best.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »
Good luck Frannie!

MtD

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 03:12:44 am »
Congrats!  Hope everything goes well!
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline franfrog

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 01:25:31 pm »
Thank you all.  I actually just spoke to the hospital who is rediculous in giving me information.  I apparently am scheduled for 7:30 am but now I am being told I have to get there at 1:30 am because I have to get the IV with the AZT for 6 hours before I actually go in for the surgery.  Nice that they tell me this now.  I was the one who called them to find out when I had to be there and it is a good thing I did. 
So anyway I will be there early and hopefully by 8:00 am my little princess will be here.
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 01:42:10 pm »
Good luck!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »
Wishing you the best of luck !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.