Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:28:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 234
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Looking for some insite??  (Read 13526 times)

Offline CK82

Looking for some insite??
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:40 pm »
Had protected sex in early Jan. End of Jan. think I had Ars like symptoms. Thought it was food poisoning, because I only felt sick for a couple days. Didn't think much of it til I had got a sunburn like rash on chest 2nd week of Mar. Think I had some night sweats and stomach noises. Thought it was from anxieties. Test Home express FDA approved first week of May. It was negative and they told me I was not pos.l Had a staph infection, problems swallowing, rash on chest and sore throat. Is it possible that I had a false neg. How soon would other symptoms show?? Like the ones they list.

Appreciate any info you could give me..

Thanks!
I know protected means protected.  I have had numbness in hands, sore joints, dry skin and some sort of rash on my ankle/feet.  Just to many things to imagine.
Will see when the result is in.

Hoping for a good outcome.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:46:46 pm by CK82 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Looking for some insite??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:01:56 pm »
Because you had protected sex you don't need to test. You were not at any risk of contracting HIV from that encounter. You didn't have a false negative. Read the lessons section on this site to learn how HIV is and is not transmitted. The link is in the upper left hand corner of the page.

There are no HIV specific symptoms so they are not a reliable indicator of HIV infection.

MtD

/edited for a clarification/

Offline AlexQ

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:27:07 am »
symptoms don't mean anything.  you are negative.  if a second test is warranted for you to move on by all means take it.

you should consult a doctor.  the symptoms you are describing could be a result of something seriously wrong with your body (not associated with hiv).  don't think every little rash and cough points to hiv. 

hoping that all your symptoms are the result of hiv anxiety (for most of the people here that is the main cause for their ailments...not hiv but hiv anxiety).   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:15 am »
CK,

I'm in complete agreement here - you never had a risk in the first place. Condoms have been proven to be very effective protection against hiv transmission. Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

Your test was reliable and conclusive. You do not have hiv. Please work with your doctor to discover the cause of your physical problems - whatever is causing them, it isn't hiv. Your test result proves that.

You are hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:46 am »
As to your latest question, "is it possible to go from a negative at 3 months to positive," no, it is not possible unless you have had a newly risky incident since being tested.

HIV does not lurk waiting to burst forth unexpectedly.

And in your case it's not an issue because you weren't at risk to begin with.

The only thing that seems to lurking within you are more thoughts about HIV, which is quite different from any real risk.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline CK82

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:40:48 pm »
Sorry for making a mistake with a second posting. Appreciate your comments and Thanks for your words of hope.

Offline CK82

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:42:02 pm »
I know symptoms don't mean anything, but for anyone who is pos. Could you tell me if these are something you have or had?? I am going to be taking another test this week, which will be over 5 months and just have these nagging symptoms.
Thanks for listening.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:23:49 pm »
Don't waste your money on a test. Go to a doctor to find out what is going on with you. You had protected sex so it's not an HIV concern.

Offline CK82

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 06:04:26 pm »
Its now 7 months and still having symptoms. Been having alot of muscle aches and spasms. Over the weekend I had alot of stomache spasms, felt sore. Tested at 3 months Home Express, fda approved.  Think I had thrush a couple of weeks ago. Does it go away or stay with you?? Today my arm pits started hurting. Myfeet have been itchy and sore. I noticed white spots on my shins. I am pretty sure, my test is going to be pos later this week.Guess I am still trying to find a spark of hope that I am neg.

Thanks for listening..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 06:09:43 pm »
You want to explain how you will have a positive result when you didn't have a risk? If you are truely having all those symptoms, then don't you think you should be seeing a doctor? You may be passing on something that really could be wrong with you. HIV is not the problem.

Offline CK82

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 05:53:04 pm »
Its now 7 months and still having symptoms. Been having allot of muscle aches and spasms. Over the weekend I had allot of stomach spasms, felt sore. Tested at 3 months Home Express, FDA approved.  Think I had thrush a couple of weeks ago. Does it go away or stay with you?? Today my arm pits started hurting. My feet have been itchy and sore. I noticed white spots on my shins. I am pretty sure, my test is going to be pos later this week.Guess I am still trying to find a spark of hope that I am neg.

Thanks for listening..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 06:09:48 pm »
ck,

You have tested conclusively negative for a non-risk. You ARE hiv negative.

Go see your doctor about your physical problems. Whatever is going on isn't about hiv as you have ruled hiv out. Go find out what is really going on.

You are hiv negative and it's time you moved on with your life. Remember to always use condoms for intercourse and you will continue to avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »
Its now 7 months and still having symptoms. Been having alot of muscle aches and spasms. Over the weekend I had alot of stomache spasms, felt sore. Tested at 3 months Home Express, fda approved.  Think I had thrush a couple of weeks ago. Does it go away or stay with you?? Today my arm pits started hurting. Myfeet have been itchy and sore. I noticed white spots on my shins. I am pretty sure, my test is going to be pos later this week.Guess I am still trying to find a spark of hope that I am neg.

Thanks for listening..

CK

Have you been to a doctor for a general check up? You are not qualified to diagnose thrush. You say you have white spots on your shins, which tells me that you're probably constantly inspecting your body for any abnormalities which will reinforce your desire to suspect HIV.   I'm wondering if you are suffering from overwhelming anxiety and fear surround this no-risk encounter. 

You've test conclusively negative and yet you won't move on.  This kind of fear may require you to seek the help of a professional counselor.  Remember things like anxiety and depression can cause both mental and physical stresses.  Many people who are constantly worried about HIV infection experience all sorts of symptoms, fortunately for many of them, when they test negative there mind stops playing tricks on them and the symptoms subside.  Other people test negative but can't get rid of the fear and require counseling to work though their issues.  Do you think talking to a professional about your fears would help you??

Good luck.

Offline CK82

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 06:11:52 pm »
I understand every thing you people are saying and don't have a fixation about being HIV. I to believe that my exposures where very low risk and will get over this. I hope that you guys are right. I will write and let you know how it turns out bad or good. I appreciate everyone for the thoughts..
Take Care!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 09:17:14 pm »
I to believe that my exposures where very low risk and will get over this.

CK, it's not a "low risk" situation it's a "no risk" situation.

MtD

Offline CK82

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 06:45:22 pm »
Waiting for test results. Called and told me to call back Monday to talk to someone.I thought 7 weeks ng would have been good. All the symptoms and my lower gum line has turned purple.. Better stick to a 13 week test. If I am wrong I will go quietly and never be heard from a again. But my nexy post will be in I just found out I am pos.

Thanks to everyone who gave me some hope..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »
You aren't going to get a positive result in anything you done. Just isn't going to happen.

Offline CK82

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 12:44:59 pm »
Thanks every body for all your help. Just got my test results back and I am neg.

Thanks again!!!

Offline CK82

I'm back and still wondering??
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »
I was really hoping I wouldn't be writing and asking  a question. I had a neg test, just short of 6 months.  I know symptoms don't mean anything and you guys are not doctors. I have another test and waiting for results. You can read my threads and know whats going on. I am having burning joints, sores in mouth, spots in mouth, foot pain,stomach pain and alot of gas.  Nothing makes sense and am going crazy. If anyone has anything that can help me out, bad or good. I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 08:28:25 pm »
This is an HIV of which you don't have. Seek out your problems with your doctor because they are unrelated to HIV.

Offline Michelle2006

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 11:31:21 pm »
If you are too anxious about hiv, u might  feel like you have all the symptoms related to the illness. It's in your mind believe me. I was scared to death about tuberculosis and guess what happened to me? I started developing symptoms... you had PROTECTED SEX + tested NEGATIVE = NEGATIVE and no need for you to worry about anything.

Offline CK82

I am back and worse than before.
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 12:59:07 pm »
Thought I was done with this worry and moved on. But things have gotten really out of hand. Had all std test and hep tests done, neg. Had another Hiv test done in Nov. 8 months after last contact and neg. Ending upmeeting someone end Nov and had sex with condom, but engaged in oral before. She got sick a week after, flu like symptoms and now this week sick again. She gave me orlal and never came, but may have gotten  some precum. I know you guys think I am crazy and talk to Doc and counslers. Say I can't be pos, because test have been neg for  over 8 months.. I have not said anything to her, but I am losing my mind. It will kill me if I have infected her and should I tell her of my worries or not??? Anyone can give me some kind of advice..

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 01:25:44 pm »
CK82

you can not infect anybody with something you do not have. And test proved you do not have HIV.

in fact a test at 3 months is all you needed.

Easy!

Regards

D.

PS: See Ann? Clever use of the "at" word.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 01:38:15 pm »
CK,

Flu like symptoms in November? Oh dear, sounds like the flu to me!

Seriously, you are hiv negative, without doubt. You could not possibly have given your girlfriend hiv. Maybe it's time you talked over your sexual anxieties over with a qualified counselor. There's not much more we can do for you here. You are hiv negative. In fact, that's hardly surprising since you tested over a no-risk incident anyway. You ARE hiv negative!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline CK82

Last time i will ask a question..
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 10:19:12 am »
I know you are getting irate with me and Sorry for that. Found out she had the flu 2 weeks after and  then got really bad strep..  Thanks Ann and All who answered me.

Happy Holidays!!

Offline CK82

PS:
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 12:29:30 pm »
Thrush is white coating on tongue?? Had it last week and this. Brushed tongue soft brissel tooth brush and started bleeding. I know doesn't mean I am +.. Thanks

Offline CK82

Back for more!1
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 05:43:19 am »
Pretty sure my welcome has gone and went. But I still deal with problems that won't go away. have had all std tests came back neg.  Just did another test, only because I am at 10 months, having canker sores, black and red spots inside mouth, dry cough at night, loose stools, stiff neck and pain in joints for last 2 months, ringing in ears for few months, thrush and black lines in finger/ toe nails. I know you guys are here to ease the stress of maybe being infected, but has anyone been wrong?? I am not so much worried about myself as I am with anyone I am with. I went 7 months without even kissing anyone, because I have been worried. I know you guys think I am crazy and I have read allot of posts.  I am waiting for bad news to come in, and wonder what you guys would say if I am pos after all this time. Shit happens, move on! Doesn't make me feel so well after testing out to 9 months. I appreciate all you have done for me and for others that have posted. I know this could be the last post, because of some of my words.. No disrespect meant, just scared and alone. Thanks!! I am not expecting any comments, because I never had a risk...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 05:45:25 am »
You're right. No risk, no hiv.

Offline CK82

I will never learn!!
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 06:28:05 pm »
Won't matter any more. I had unprotected sex 4 week ago someone I met 5 months ago. Waited til I got to know her and asked all the right questions about being tested. Here it is over 4 weeks and since week 1. sore throat, nausea for 3 weeks, diarrhea, muscle, joint aches, headache and now a hive like rash all over chest. Its my own fault trusting her and not using protection. I had a test done in Feb. neg and also 33rd week of May, also Neg. But it was 2 weeks after encounter, so it doesn't count. I guess. I am more upset at myself for not using protection and I had it. I know symptoms don't mean anything. Even after all I have went through before and learned from reading, I am still a loser. I guess this is what happens when you put your trust into someone, else. Appreciate your time..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 07:12:21 pm »
Won't matter any more. I had unprotected sex 4 week ago someone I met 5 months ago. Waited til I got to know her and asked all the right questions about being tested. Here it is over 4 weeks and since week 1. sore throat, nausea for 3 weeks, diarrhea, muscle, joint aches, headache and now a hive like rash all over chest. Its my own fault trusting her and not using protection. I had a test done in Feb. neg and also 33rd week of May, also Neg. But it was 2 weeks after encounter, so it doesn't count. I guess. I am more upset at myself for not using protection and I had it. I know symptoms don't mean anything. Even after all I have went through before and learned from reading, I am still a loser. I guess this is what happens when you put your trust into someone, else. Appreciate your time..

Obviously you didn't take the time to read the advice you've already been given in this thread nor our lessons on transmission and testing. If you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex you need to test 13 weeks from the date of the incident. So go and get tested in 9 weeks.

And stop treating this forum like your personal confessional.

MtD

Offline CK82

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 07:54:19 pm »
Thanks!!

Guess I should have read post.. Will get tested in 9 weeks.. Appreciate the slpa in the face.. I need to take responsibilty for own actions and not bother others.. Thanks Matty for the wake up call!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 04:36:32 am »
Waited til I got to know her and asked all the right questions about being tested.

CK,

It's not an issue of "asking the right questions" - it's an issue of testing TOGETHER in the context of a securely monogamous relationship. 

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

It's unlikely you would have become infected from one incident, but you do need to test. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, but a six week negative MUST be confirmed at the three month point.

In the meantime, you're just going to have to sit tight. See your doctor about your symptoms, because they are unlikely to be hiv related.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline CK82

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 01:38:54 pm »
Thanks Ann !

Appreciate you writing and will sit tight.. Have no choice. Hopefully you are right and I will be neg. Having a condom and choosing not to use it , is a consequence I have to live with. Time will tell good or bad.

Thanks again..

Offline CK82

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 08:05:59 pm »
Hi Ann!

I am just a couple days short of 6 weeks and couldn't wait. Test came back neg.. Feel a little relief, but know I have a few weeks to go..
Thanks again for your words.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.