Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:51:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Biggums

Goodbye
« on: November 22, 2006, 05:30:38 pm »
I know it is a crappy time of the year to do it but me and my honey are calling it quits.  The age difference has just gotten to be too much.  I am a homebody at 44 and he is a party boy at 25.  At ten I am ready for bed and that's just when he is getting ready to go out.  It causes major problems.

Also, since he got diagnosed, he is having major, major problems with commitment.  He can't seem to get over this and all the counseling hasn't helped.  He feels like a walking plague and wants to have no close bonds to anyone.

I love him with all my heart but there's nothing else I can do.  I am crushed and in a few weeks he is leaving to move to another state.  I feel I have lost my world.

Also, since I am not going to be in a relationship with him anymore, I no longer feel I should come here.  I feel I would be a troll.  I do want to thank all of you who have helped us through this time.  Your friendship and advice have helped so much.  I love y'all and wish you the very, very best.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline Longislander

Re: Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 05:34:02 pm »
wow, I'm really sorry to hear this. So many threads going around here right now about not being able to make someone do something they can't or won't do.

With time, you'll be ok. I wish you all the best!

Paul

infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 05:43:51 pm »
Hello Biggums,

It is unfortunate that you are going through this situation with your BF. It is certainly understood where your heart resides and the surge of emotions that are present. You know that deep within you , you have done what you could, through your unspeakable support. It is sad that it has to end this way.

Emotionally your BF is going through with his situation. He is coping with this in his own way. There are some things that you can suggest and there are some things that you cannot suggest. It all boils down to the "choice" of the individual on which direction on their road they have decided to travel on their journey in this life.

The BEST thing you can DO right now is to take care of YOU. Accept the things that you cannot change, and change the things that you can and that is within you.

I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your situation.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:10:03 pm »
Don't say goodbye... 

Offline Just John

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 06:17:36 pm »
Biggums I feel for you with all my heart.

Me and my BF are in a similar situation, I'm your age and poz and he's 16 years older and not; as if the age difference in itself wasn't going to cause some tension at some stage anyhow now we have to cope with my disease and all it entails too. I know where your guy is coming from too though I think, because I often feel the same way, I still love my guy but I just can't seem to stop this thing driving a wedge between us. I push him away sometimes subconsciously and only realise I'm doing it when I see the hurt in his eyes, I hate myself for it but can't help it. It crosses my mind occasionally that it would be better for both of us if I wasn't here; but.....................

I don't know what the future holds for any of us but I do know that if you've supported your BF so far, and from your posts here I know you have, then you really are a wonderful hearted person, I only hope that he realises it, if not now then in time.

Right now though, no matter how hard it might be you need to put your selfish hat on and look after yourself, although this will be hard for you to believe, I TRULY BELIEVE, that a guy as nice as you is bound to find happiness again.

If you feel you must leave the site, (and I don't think so), please look in on us from time to time and let us know how you're getting on.

John.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 07:08:25 pm »
I hope that we can convince you otherwise, that you are part of the family of voices here and that we might be of some comfort to you as you deal with what may be the result of holiday pressures causing crashing and burning all around (based solely on my quick review of your recent posts).  We need all of the voices, the positive, the negative, the newly diagnosed, the ancient warriors, the young, the older, those from the U.S. and those from across the world.  At the same time, since you always have the right to withdraw, know that I wish you well if you do leave.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:11:20 pm »
Don't ever give up trying to find someone elsse they are out there believe me I know been there before. This is your family on here and we love and support each other and you should not ever think you should have to leave beacuse of that.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 10:50:13 am »
Hi biggums,

You are part of the family, I don't want to see you leave either. I am sorry about you and your bf. Holidays can bring out the worst amount of stress. If you need to talk we will be here.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 12:07:04 pm »
Big, I was very sorry to read your news about the breakup. Damn!

Wishing you a good holiday in spite of....and good luck in getting through this difficult time. Like that old song says, "breaking up is hard to do." Sometimes I don't know how people survive it.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 12:28:44 pm »
Hi B,

You have given help and support to many here who do have HIV/AIDS, and you are a person who is/has been affected by it.   I say you are most welcome to continue posting here, don't feel that you have to leave because your relationship ended.

Best of luck to you, and I hope that you find peace.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
Your no troll, we need your input, your love, and sometimes, some one on the out side of the fence, can see what the insiders can’t see, perhaps, drop by now and then and tell us how your life is. Any way, this place is like the eagles song “Hotel California”
“You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave”
Take care; hope to hear from you soon.

John(UK)

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 03:50:53 pm »
Big,

If your an ole troll, then I guess I am too (43).  There are quite a few of us older men on here and I for one would hate to see you leave just because of your age.

From the posts I've just read, you've helped and made a difference in quite a few people's lives on here.  I only wish I had the opportunity to get to know you a bit more.  Why not stick around and take the chance to meet some of us new older people.

If you do decide to leave, may which ever god you believe in watch over you, protect you and bring happiness in every form into your life.

Love and Light,

Rev. Michael
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline Teresa

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 09:37:20 pm »
Biggums,

So sorry this is happening to you. Please dont be a stranger here. We all care about you and want to help you in any way we can get thru this.  You are family! You have helped me many times.

Big Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline jntmax39

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 11:34:50 pm »
HEY BIG
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I WAS DIAGNOSED IN 05 ALSO
IT WAS DEVASTATING TO ME AND MY BOYFRIEND AT THE TIME WAS SO VERY UNDERSTANDING,BUT I JUST COULD'NT SEE MYSELF WITH ANYONE I FELT SO VERY SAD AND I WAS SO AFRAID THAT I HAD GIVEN HIM HIV. WE WERE TOGETHER THEN FOR ABOUT SIX YEARS. I MADE HIM LEAVE ME TO GO BACK TO HIS FAMIY AND I DECIDED THAT I WOULD GO THREW THIS BY MYSELF. I WENT THREW ALL OF THE EMOTIONS FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS STILL KEEPING IN CONTACT WITH HIM.HE KEPT TELLING ME IT'S OK WE'LL GET THREW THIS IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. MY POINT IS WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE GOT TO DO IN OUR OWN WAY BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY THIN THAT I COULD CONTROL AT THE TIME WAS MY RELATIONSHIP I COULDN'T CONTROL WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO MY BODY AND MIND AT THE TIME,ANYWAY I REALIZED THAT I NEEDED MY MAN BY MY SIDE TO HELP ME FIGHT AND WE HAVE.NOW HE IS MY ROCK MY BESTFRIEND. NOW 2 YEARS LATER WE ARE MARRIED AND VERY HAPPY. MY POINT IS AND I KNOW I HAVE A POINT HERELOL.... IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE TIME TO THINK LOL... OH YEAHDON'T GIVE UP ON HIM HE WILL REALIZE ONCE HE LEAVES OF HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE TO HIM. IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME BUT I BELIEVE HE WILL MISS YOU.
HANG IN THERE AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTNER.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 07:53:24 pm »
Hi Big,
I hope you choose to hang around here. I am really sorry to hear of the break up. That can never be easy. There are many who care about you. I 'm not sure how your age has anything to do with leaving.
If you do leave :( know that you will be missed! I hope things get better for you, good friend!
Positive since 1985

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 06:18:06 am »
Hey Biggums,

sorry to hear what is going on. I would say your life is affected by HIV and would feel sorry if you left.

Hug

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.