Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread #64: HIV - Fight it like a GIRL!  (Read 49229 times)

Offline HollyStar

Re: Ladies' Thread #64: HIV - Fight it like a GIRL!
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 09:48:00 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Cindy, that was a cute cake. If I had a better kitchen, I would love to bake more often. I just don't have the counter space and storage that I want and I hate the dishes.

Mary, good luck on your business trip.

Andrea, I'm glad that your first week went well. I've been told that I would be a good teacher but I don't think I have quite enough patience, especially with the parents, lol.

Betty, I know it's hard. Something will happen and I'm glad that you like the new place. How is kitty adjusting?

Everything is going well with me. I think I'm liking my new combo, so that's good. My house is in disorder right now with all the cleaning and stuff. We can only do so much a day and we get a little lazy sometimes, lol. But progress is being made. You all have a good night.

P.S. Snow, good luck with the dogs. I've been through that before and it's a nightmare. I had to get doggy panties for my lab and kotex pads to put in them and change them a few times a day, just to keep the males away and the mess off the carpet. YUCK! Hopefully you only have one male, we have three but one can still drive you up the wall. Like I said, good luck, LOL!

Mum, so when is your cookbook coming out?
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 06:34:22 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, I have to be proactive, if I ever want anything to happen.  No one else is going to do it for me.  I'm glad you're liking your class.

Mary, thanks for the hug. 

Cin, yes there are a few of us who don't post anymore.  Camms quit awhile ago, Wendy, haven't heard from Drag in ages, Wishful, and Keeping (where are you girl). 

Mum, it's in the low 40's here this morning, and the heat even kicked on for a few.  I have the windows closed, though.   That cake sounds really, really good.  Maybe, if I ever get that motivated, I'll try it. 

Snow, my daughter told me last night she's getting a pitbull puppy.  She said the dogs go bad because of the owners.  I just worry about her having one around a small child (my new granddaughter).  What's your take on this, since you own one?

Holly, my cat is getting used to the place little by little.  She really likes to sleep on my bed most of the day.  I have a lazy, kind of "big," cat, so she's not very physically active.  Once in awhile, she'll play with her squeeky mice, but mostly she just sleeps.  We can hear the neighbors walking around upstairs, which didn't happen in the old apartment, and that startles her sometimes.

Today it's back to job hunting.  I'm going to call that school, and see if the program is covered by the next semester, if I can start then, or if I have to wait until next fall.  I've gotten a couple emails from the director of financial aid over the weekend.  She said it can take a few weeks to several months to get a program accredited, and again said that if I was attending this fall, and it happened to get accredited, that my financial aid would be reinstated.  I again told her that I can't take a chance at owing a huge bill.  And I doubt others can, so this program may fall flat on its ass this year.  I'm sure someone's going to get chewed out, if they haven't already.  And I put in a call to my caseworker at welfare about my food stamps.  For the past 3 years, they haven't changed, even though my rent has gone up $37.  They've stayed the same at $16/month.  So, I hope to hear from her today so we can haggle.  My brother came over last night, and gave me his last published book of poetry (he's pretty big on the small press).  I don't think there's anything else.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:38 am »
Holly- This will stop when I get her spayed won't it? I can't even imagine have 3 do it, that must be crazy! 

BT- Good luck with the job hunting.  Sorry that things aren't working out with the class.  That is cool that your brother get his poems published, what kind does he do?
The pit we have now, we had since he was a pup.  He is very good with kids, when he was still being crated, my daughter who was like 2 or 3 at the time, could get him to go to "bed" better than I could, it was so cute, especially since he was so much bigger than she is.  I let the kids touch him and hold him when he was little so he got used to them. I would stress that she leash trains him young because they are very strong dogs and you don't want them pulling the kids over, if her kid is anything like mine, they will want to hold the leash. Get them used to be around people(other than the family) and other dogs and they should be fine.  What kind is she getting? I never realized there was different sizes until we got ours.

My mother rescued a female pit, she was missing part of her foot,left chained outside and got something wrapped around it, obviously very abused.  She was the sweetest thing, and great with all my kids.  I have pics of her falling asleep in the sun infront of my bay window and one of the babies at the time, laying on her belly.

I have searching the internet to see what I can find out about shitbag.  The newspaper of the city I used to live near has on-line archives from the 90's.  I found a court record, from Oct 20, 1995, when he got arrested and was living at my address, so I am assuming that is around the time I got the "Don't you know I have aids, you fucking bitch" call.  I am hoping if I can get some info, it help me remember what I blocked out and I can finally deal with it and have some closure.
On a more positive not, the kids are school!!!

Everyone have a good day!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 03:33:45 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Just checking in before I get on the train tomorrow morning and officially become a NY resident. I officially moved out of my apartment last Friday. And was cleaning and shampooing the carpets over the weekend. Can you believe the manager had a for rent sign out before I even got back....and had the nerve to take my name off of my mailbox. My lease is up today and she already has the place rented out. She pissed me off a bit because I had to wait on her over an hour to turn in the keys.

But anyhoo, I am so excited I could spit! ;) The last time I will have to ride 11 hours on the train. Then it will be about getting doctors and things set up. I have enough meds to last me a few months since I know things move slower in NY. And I will continue looking for an apartment. I haven't read any past posts but I wanted to check in with you all. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll try to catch up on reading the posts once I get home.....Ah, that sounds nice..... :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline netta

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05:09 pm »
HI GF"S , Yes I am taking my meds, thats whats so strange, I have been undetectable, but my cd4 is  not great about 250. I go to my id clinic on Sept. 8th.have an apetite but can only eat alittle food. I get a fulll feeling.
It may be the acid reflux and the hernia.
today i went to the doctor, my regular doc, and he doesn't think its my hernia,  t because they shrink when u loose weight. He thinks its "wasting" related to my hiv, since my stomach is still big. I have lost about 15lbs or more in about 3 months. I am 137lbs and use to be about 155 or more. I also have diarreah every other day, but i think its the meds We will find out soon. My dh is very worried. I am hoping they can do something about it, I have  been hiv for a long time,now  since 91, but  believe i got it in 1986, when my fiance died from hiv.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:08:54 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2009, 06:31:36 pm »
Good to hear you are OK, Queen.  You must be tired, I spent all weekend cleaning, too.

I'm off work tomorrow to go over the lease with my renter and the weather is supposed to be great.  Going down to the 40s tonight!  I feel like I am coming down with a little something, so I am going to take it easy tonight.

Its always nice to hear from all of you!  Hugs and kisses to all!

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »
netta- sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. i hope they find out soon what is going on.

cindy--girl, yeah, i am a little sore and very tired. but i don't think i am going to get a good night's sleep til i am next to Papi in the bed. Even though he snores... ;) Glad I can take my hearing aids out and not hear him...*lmao*

i am staying the night at my gay friend's since he is the one driving me to the train station in the morning. i had spent the weekend at my bff. i have pretty much said the goodbyes i needed to say. tomorrow evening i will officially be a resident of ny....

that's it for now, i am going to try to relax a bit.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2009, 03:33:09 am »
Hi everyone,

Moon - Way to go! I'm glad they are finally listening to you at work, took them long enough ::). I hope all goes well with the tenant. Hello kitty was adorable  ;).
Queen - I'm glad you were finally able to make the move. Wishing you all the best!  :)
Betty - I'm sorry things haven't worked out at school. Sending you a big {{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}} and Lucas is blowing you a kiss  :-*. My brother-in-law has a Pit Rottweiler mix. He is very gentle with my nephew and son. When my nephew was younger he used to ride him like a pony  ::)  ;D.
Netta - I hope you start feeling better. Take care of yourself. If you find a boost for your sex drive let me know. I'd rather curl up with a good book and hubby would preffer I curl around him  ::).
Mum - I'm glad min had a good birthday. Good luck and God Bless you with the homeschool.

Well we went home for the weekend to celebrate Lucas' birthday with our families. He had a cookie cake at my mom's and a regular cake at my in laws. He loved having everyone sing and blowing out the candle. However, that doesn't mean he would even try eating either one  ::). Oh well, I wish I was more like him and did not like sweets. He had a great time being with his cousins and the rest of our family  ;D.
Today we went to Patterson Park in Baltimore to have his picture taken. After the photographer was done, we went to the playground area. He had a blast and wore himself out  ::). Only problem is he fell asleep almost as soon as we got to the car. With a few wrong turns  :-[ it took 1.5 hours to get home. So tonight I'm trying to get him to bed, because he starts school tomorrow, and he's bouncing off the walls because of his nap  ::). It was almost 11 until he finally went to sleep. Thank goodness he is going to the afternoon session  ;D.
Well, wish us luck tomorrow. I was a little nervous to begin with about sending him to school for the first time. Now there is an issue with the "bus" >:(. He will have two different drivers. The morning driver is very nice and took the time to come meet us before Lucas' first day. I've been waiting to hear back from the afternoon person on when he should be getting home. Now I find the afternoon driver was changed about a week and a half ago. While I was away this weekend his new afternoon driver called and said she needed to talk to me about Lucas' transportation and would call again Monday. She only identified herself as working for the company and not as his afternoon driver. She never called Monday. I had trouble getting through to the company so called the person I thought would be doing the afternoon drive. That's how I found out there had been a change  >:(. After a dozen more tries I got through to the company. When I finally got off hold and spoke to a person she said the driver should have contacted me (no shit). She could not or would not tell me when Lucas would be brought home  >:( >:(. Both of the previous drivers gave me a number for them in case I needed to contact them. The company said that it was up to the driver if they wanted to give that information. All they could do is call the driver and ask her to call me  >:( >:(. She never did  >:( >:( >:(. I'll call again in the morning and better get an answer.
Well, now that I've vented a little I'm ready for bed. Thanks for listening. Blessings to all.

Amy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2009, 07:53:56 am »
Morning ladies,

Snow, my brother writes mainly poems about working class people.  He's been reviewed as one of the best poets in the small press.  Thanks for the info on the pitbulls.  I don't know what kind my daughter is getting, but I'll be talking to her probably tomorrow and will ask, and will pass along the info you gave me.       Have you ever had therapy concerning SB? 

Queen, I'm so happy things have worked out.  I hope your move is everything you hope it to be.  Good luck and I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your adventures! ;)

Netta, damn, I'm so sorry to hear about the physical problems you're having right now.  I hope your ID doc will have an answer maybe.  I'm assuming that you'll be getting your numbers checked again, and maybe that will help provide some answers as well.  I really do hope things improve.

Amy, I hope you hear from the busdriver today.  That would piss me off also.

I found out yesterday that not even Goodwill will hire me because of my past record involving theft.  Even though I have no criminal history before or after, and it's been a few years.  That really sent a blow to my already fragile spirit, so I kind of mulled around the apartment.  My best friend took me out to an Indian restaurant.  I had never had Indian food, and I really didn't care for it.  But of course I didn't say anything since she was buying. 

I think what I'm going to have to do is really try to figure out how to file those papers myself to get my record either sealed or expunged.  The lady at the court said that they're not supposed to tell people where to get the papers, which makes no sense at all. It's like they want people to pay for the rest of their lives.  I'd like to call and talk to a lawyer, but of course that would cost a fortune.  So, I'm going to try to persuade the lady at the court to let me know where the papers are, and see if anyone I know has a personal friendship with a criminal attorney, and can maybe get some answers that way.

Since I've been unable to find a job, I'm going to have to call the student loan places today, and see about getting them deferred due to economic hardship.  I honestly thought I'd have a job by now, and would be able to make the payments.  But, it doesn't look like that's going to happen; for now, anyway.         Today I may go to Beth Bed & Beyond and spend the $20 gift card my sister gave me.  That's about it right now.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2009, 08:36:51 am »
Netta, I hope your doctor is able to figure out what's up.  Mim was diagnosed with wasting and is now having a ton of tests done.  Sucks feeling bad and not knowing what's wrong.

Betty, I'm so sorry that you keep hitting walls, hun.  I wish I could help you with your records, but I have no idea about getting records sealed and don't know any lawyers to send your way.  Hang in there, hun.  I know it's easier said than done.  It just sucks and I wish I knew how to make it better for you.

Amy, I hope you get the bus all worked out.  I saw on the news where a school has a Boo-Hoo breakfest for mom's of kindergarteners.  After they drop off their kid, they go to this breakfast and can cry all they want.  One mom said it's not a "boo-hoo" breakfast, it's a WHOO-HOO! breakfast ;)

Queen, safe journey today!  Going home - sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

Our local lab called yesterday to let us know that Mim's D-xylose testing is more involved than just a stool sample.  Beginning this morning, she's not allowed to have any fruit, jelly, jams, or pastries.  Then, after dinner, she can't have anything to eat.  We have to be at the lab tomorrow morning at 7am.  First thing they'll do is get a blood sample.  Then, she'll have to drink this formula stuff.  2hrs later, she'll have another blood draw.  We have to stay there for 5hrs because they have to collect her urine for that long.  She's not allowed to eat or drink anything but water during the test.  That will make it about 18hrs of fasting.  I don't eat when she's fasting, so it's going to be a very LONG 5hrs for both of us.

Found out last night that one of my friend's husbands walked out on her and their 2 kids Sunday.  He quit his job last November, wouldn't work, they bought a house this past July, he got a job working for a mutual friend 2 wks ago, then Sunday he left.  Now our friend who hired him feels like crap. Only hired him because of our friend.  She feels like he only decided to get a job now so he'd have money to leave. Very sad situation.  Their girls are only 8 (this month) and 4. 

Not much going on today.  Hubby took a quiz for his online class and has another quiz today.  For one class, he's got a quiz every Tues. and a computer project due every Thurs.   We started school yesterday and then let the kids go outside to play before lunch.  We had to drag them, literally, inside at 4:30 so they could get bathed before supper.

Laundry, school, and food - that's all the further my plans go today.  Make it a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2009, 01:32:17 pm »
Hi GF'S thanks for the well wishes.
I can't wait to get to my id clinic Tuesday. They have known me a long time, since 1994, so I have much love for my two doctors.
We will be getting a primary care doctor soon, I can't wait.It will be easier for Hiv patients to have someone that uderstands the virus. Our former clinical doctor moved and we miss him so much.I could see him anytime!
My computer is acting strange, my words are jumping aroundi and letters are going going in between wrong words! I guess I need to call the Geek Squad before my warranty lasp. has anyone had this problem?? We are all on a tight budget hereome at ho me, the insurance company went way up on me since i had the car accident! they are going to get their money back!! :-\
It has been so hot here,and the electric bills are so high, can't wait till it cools off. Hubby and I are getting along much better, We had a nice talk and he is being more sensitive concerning my health, He wants me to do nothing but rest! even wants to cook dinner! lol , whew ...relationships take lots of work!!!!

BETTY- Do you have legal aide laywers? and do you have an Hiv/Aids suport group that access to free programs for hiv/aids .?
we have a legal aide attorney , which is free, that juist takes hiv/aids clients.

No.1 MOM Lucus looks so cute, give him a Birthday kiss and Hug for me!

QUEEN- Holla at us when u get settled! So very happy  for you and your new life!!!

MUM- give a big Birthday kiss and hug for me to Minn.
Love to everyone!!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:38:24 pm by netta »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2009, 05:18:02 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am beat but I signed the lease with my renter!  I took the papers to the Housing Authority and made a bunch of calls to get the money moving my way now.  My back is killing me, Aunt Flo is in town and I need a storage unit here at Ice's house for all of my stuff, lol.

I am sorry I am not replying to each one of you individually, my brain is fried with all of the renter stuff.

I'll try to catch up this weekend.

Betty hang in there, I am thinking of you.   ;)

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2009, 06:57:25 am »
Morning all,

Mum, if it's going to be 18 hours of fasting, is Mim's sugar going to be alright?  If I had to fast that long, my sugar would tank.  And that can be extremely dangerous (resulting in coma).  I'm just wondering.  Sounds like she's got some tough tests coming up.  Please give her some hugs from me and Poppy.   I'm sorry about your friend, whose husband left.  Was she working, or was she a housewife?  I hope nothing too devastating comes of this for her and the kids.        I try to hang in there; it just gets rough sometimes.  I really do try, but it seems like the state of Indiana (they did away with the statute of limitations years ago) and most employers want to make people pay for their mistakes for the rest of their lives.  It's pretty depressing.

Netta, I called the 3 legal aid places here, and none of them get involved with criminal matters.  And no, the Aids organization here doesn't have access to any lawyers.  We've discussed them needing to do this in the past, but, just like everything else seems to go with that agency, nothing came of it. 

Cin, glad everything's signed with the renter.  I hope things go well.

Today I have to get my car tags, and change my address on my license.  My granddaughter's birthday was yesterday, and she, my grandson, and the "mother" came over for awhile.  I haven't been able to get her birthday present yet, because of lack of funds.  She made me a card for my birthday, which of course is better than a Hallmark.  So, it was nice to see them.

I had e-mailed the head of the education department at the university I want to take that program from, asking when the program becomes eligible for financial aid, if people could register for the semester coming up, or if we would have to wait until next fall, go through the whole costly application process again etc.    She e-mailed back, saying they would be registering for each term, and I wouldn't have to reapply.  Now, of course, this comes from the school that didn't make sure a new program was accredited, so I'll believe it when it happens.  But, I saved the e-mail, and if anything happens to where they tell me I have to wait until next fall, I'll forward it to the chancellor.           So, that's about it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 08:30:16 am »
Just wanted to stop in for a quick Hello! I don't have time this morning to respond to everyone but I will afterschool.  :)

Have a good day!

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2009, 08:39:04 am »
Hi everyone, just a quick post. I finally heard from the afternoon bus driver after Lucas left for preschool with the morning driver >:(. I spoke with the company twice before that. The company was very understanding and complemented me on keeping up on things  ::). They said if I had any more issues they wanted to hear about it. The afternoon driver apologized when she called. She said she didn't realize she was suppose to come out to meet us before the first day. She also claimed to have tried calling and thought she was leaving messages  ???. Anyway, the company called twice after that. Once to ensure their driver had spoken to me and again to let me know when the bus was leaving the school so I didn't worry  ;D. Well things went fine. Lucas had a good first day and is looking forward to going back today  :).

Mum - Yesterday I could have used the boo-hoo breakfast  :'(. Now I think I'm ready for the WHOO-HOO  ;)! I hope all goes well for mini with her tests. She's in my prayers.

Amy

Amy

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2009, 08:47:30 am »
It would only allow 1 pic with the last post. That was him on the morning bus and this is him going into school.

Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2009, 01:13:55 pm »
Hey  Ladies---

Just wanted to let you know I made it safely. I am a little bit tired still but I am officially a NY resident now.... ;D I will write more later. Just wanted to check in for now. Have a good day....

Oh before I go, Netta, I had the same problem with the mouse jumping around. You need to go into your mouse setting and work with the sensitivity. As far as the screen jumping, if you have Internet Explorer, you have to click on Page in the right hand side and then click on compatibility view. That should work. Let me know...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:21 pm »
#1 Mom- Adorable pics!  I am glad Lucas is enjoying school.  I had one crying that he wanted to come home with me this morning, that makes me feel like total crap, but I am sure he will be fine.  That is nice that the bus drivers come and meet you before hand, they wouldn't even consider that here.

BT- Next time I go my ASO, I am going to ask about getting records sealed, I know that when the lawyers come that is what everyone is asking about. Yes, I have gone to therapy. I went to therapist to  help me get away from him in the first place and then pretty much everytime he brings me back to court.  I am feeling bad for the kids(mine and his youngest), especially since I tried to warn his wife at court and she just listened to his lies.  He has no qualms about what he says  and what he subjects them to. Even though I have been dealing with him for almost 19 years now, how he acts and what he says still blows my mind and to his own children, no less. If it was just me, I wouldn't pay him any mind-- messing with my child well being is a whole nother ball game.

Mum- I am still waiting for that book to arrive, I can't wait to try it out. ;D

Queen- Glad you made it safe and sound!

We have our first PTO meeting today, hope I am not the only parent to show up! :-\

Offline minismom

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 03:43:52 pm »
Mim made it through her test today.  About 3hrs into it, she got sick and threw up.  I was afraid it would make the test invalid and we'd have to come back and start again.  The tech said it would fine since they'd gotten both sets of blood work and all they needed was her urine.  I think everything just got to her, she had to take a lot of "stuff" on an empty belly: 2 sets of labs, 8oz of water every 30 mins, the chemical "stuff" she had to drink for the test, her HIV meds.  After that she laid in my lap for a while, then got up like nothing had happened.  It'll take a while to get the results back, so we're in a holding pattern until then.

I didn't eat either and woke up late so I never ate before I woke her up.  My sugar crashed and even though I've eaten since we got home, I still have a ravaging headache although the shaking has stopped.  I came home and made some home made salsa for Hubby and my pastor's mom.

Snow, I forget which book it is: Sequential Spelling or 100 Easy Lessons?  Today I'm doing good to remember my name :-\ 

Queen, congrats on the move.  Just remember, you're not "official" until you've unpacked ALL the boxes. ;)

Betty, I asked them the same thing when they called on Monday. The techs were watching Mim pretty closely.  They said if she needed to stop the test, then they'd give her a glucose drink and either reschedule the test, or find another way to do it.  When she threw up, it worried me, but she never lost her color and after 15 or so minutes, she was acting fine.  She's been outside playing for nearly 2hrs without any problems.  It'll be a long time before she'll want to see a glass of water again, though.

Amy, oh, you made it past day 1.  Um, you got a picture of Lucas on the bus and then going into the school.  Did you follow the bus?  That's too cute.  I would be the idiot getting arrested for hiding in the bushes videoing everything that my kids were doing.  By the end of the week, I'd have a restraining order against me ::)

I have a class tonight.  I did all the homework thinking it had to be done by tonight, but it's not due until next week.  Oh, well, I'd rather be ahead than behind.  What I really want is a nap.  What I need to do is get up and start supper.  Which will win, which will win.....ZZzzzzzzz
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:38 am »
Hi Everyone,

Day 2 and Lucas still loves school  ;D.

Queen - I'm glad you made it home safe.

Snow - I honestly had not expected to meet his drivers like that. His morning driver Lisa is so understanding. She started driving because her daughter (age 17 now) is special needs. She wanted to let her daughter ride the bus, but was afraid. She became a driver so she could drive her daughter to school and let her be on the bus  ;D.
Both mornings Lucas has been so excited to go, but as Lisa is securing his harness he asks if I'll come too. I can't begin to describe how that makes me feel. I hope your little one changes his mind about school. I know how hard that must have been for you today. {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}

Mum - Mim is so tough  ;). I'm glad she came through so well.
No, I didn't follow the bus. I admit before meeting the morning driver I had planned to. Lisa, the morning driver spent time with us before Lucas' first day, at least 30 minutes  :o. She made me feel that even if I was scared to be sending him off so young I could count on her to get him there safe  :). I let him go, had a good cry then headed for the school (it's 15-20 min drive but takes the bus 1 hour because he is the first one on). I felt like a stalker waiting across the street for his bus to arrive  :-[ but needed to see him arrive safe and happy. I didn't want him to know I was worried so I tried not to get too close. The teachers wait out front to meet their class. Once they have all their students they go in. I was afraid someone would say something about needing to leave, but his teacher just smiled and waved when she saw me waiting. One of the assistance came and spoke to me after Lucas got off the bus and joined his class. She wanted to see if I was able to get a picture of him getting off the bus  :). She said she knew he'd be fine, but let me know where a close place was for a private cry once he went in the building  :-[. I have to say so far everyone from the school has been great! I couldn't ask for a more caring morning driver! The afternoon driver seems alright now and I know they can't all be like Lisa.

Amy
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2009, 07:08:13 am »
Hey all,

Amy, those pics are really adorable.  I'm glad he likes school.

Queen, glad you made it safe.

Snow, yeah, I'd appreciate it if you would ask the lawyer about it.  I wish our ASO had services like that.  I guess we're lucky they have care coordinators there, but I'm really not sure what all they do.  I only hear from mine once every couple months.  But, I usually don't ask for too much from them either. I wish SB would move far, far away from you all.  I cannot stand it when parents treat their kids like shit. 

Mum, well, I'm glad Mim made it through the test without too much calamity.  I don't know if I'd even make it through one of those things.  I was reading what Newt said in your thread in Living With about the test, which was very interesting.  I do hope this produces some answers.           I hate it when my sugar crashes.  Mine can get serious pretty quick, so I usually have to drink a sugar soda, then eat some kind of protein. 

Today I'm going to pay bills, shop, and pick up some meds.  I may try to do laundry this afternoon, depending on what else is going on.  I've been scouring the paper and websites looking for employment.  But, in jobs involving retail or cash, it automatically counts me out, since in the background check, the crimes involve theft.  I was going to apply at this carwash's website, since they had a couple positions open, but then I read "no visible tattoos."  So, that screws me there also.  I mean come on, who cares if someone working at a carwash has tattoos?  It just doesn't seem to get easier.  I have a couple people here who are trying to find out what it takes to seal records, but it may just be that I have to consult an attorney.  Of course, it will have to be an attorney that takes payments.  There's no way I could afford to pay one outright. It just seems that my past is catching up with me, and will continue to haunt me the rest of my life.  It just sucks.           That's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2009, 08:20:38 am »
Good Morning!

Amy- Those pictures of Lucas are so cute!

Mum- I am glad that testing business is over. I hate when kids have to go through all that. Hopefully the tests are conclusive

Betty- That just all sucks! I hope there is a way to seal everything. You shouldn't have to pay for something so minor that happened so long ago. Things will turn around.

Queen- Enjoy NY!

Cindy- What a relief that the renter is in.

Netta- Feel better!

This is a nother quick one. I have another change going on. After 8 years of teaching 5th grade I was moved to 1st and yesterday I found out I am going up to 2nd grade! I will elaborate later today. This is my last 2 days with the 1st graders... :(

Andrea

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2009, 05:55:13 pm »
Hi ladies,

Andrea, it sounds like you are being jerked around! I hope everything works out for you.

Betty, you just keep getting hit from all sides. You should move to Northern California. Good ASO's, doctors and not so many assholes, LOL. Keep your chin up, I'm thinking about you.

Amy, that's sweet that Lucas asked if you were coming too.

Mum, poor Mini. Sounds like it was a hard test but what a trooper! I would have a really hard time not eating for that long.

Queen, woohoo, finally in NY for good. Get some rest and have fun.

I went to the dentist this morning and had two fillings in one tooth. It was so cold in the exam room that the assistant brought me a blanket, lol. I'm not used to getting up this early and I haven't been sleeping great, so I'm pretty tired today. I'm still cleaning out our storage room. I have a big tub to keep all the stuff I'll be donating. I had a ton of cookbooks and I just don't need that many, so I'm not sure where to donate them but I'll figure something out. Anyway, you all have a good day.

Holly

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS FOR BETTY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2009, 01:13:23 am »
Hi everyone,

Lucas had his 3 year checkup today. He's doing a little growth spurt  ;D. 28# (10th %) and 37" (50th %)   :o :o :o . He was just at his pid 8/13 and was also 28# but was only 35.5" and that was a jump from his last visit. He's always been "short" often below the 5th %. After worrying earlier this year about his lack of growth I was just stunned. The doctor said Lucas looks great. She joked that she can't carry his chart one handed anymore but that it was largely because of all the good reports she gets from his other doctors  ;).

Snow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Betty - I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. Just know I'm praying that things work out for you  :-*.

Amy
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2009, 07:40:57 am »
Andrea, I don't understand why they're moving you around.  Did they give you a reason?

Holly, I hate dentists.  I don't have to go anymore, because I have dentures (got them when I was 24 due to rotted teeth).   I never did have good teeth.  When I was a little kid, I had to have root canals (I think that's what they're called), and I remember dreading dentists ever since.  Thanks for the hug.

Amy, I'm glad Lucas is growing, and that his doctor is happy with everything.  That's terrific news.

A friend of mine asked me if it would be cheaper and easier to get my tatts removed (hello, no!), than to get my records sealed.  There is a removal place not too far from me, but it would cost hundreds to remove them, and you have to go back a few times to get one totally removed.  And it's supposed to hurt way more than getting them put there in the first place.  When I had the ones done on my hands, I was in such bad shape, I never thought I'd do anything again with my life.  Surprise.  Had I known the future, I never would have gotten them put there, nor would I have had the one put on my upper breastbone.  Of course, I can cover that one up with a shirt that comes up to my neck, but I can't cover the ones on my  hands.  Someone suggested wearing gloves, to say that I have allergies.  But, that wouldn't fly forever.  So, I guess I'm going to have to try to figure out how to get my record taken care of, somehow. 

Today my best friend is taking me out to lunch for my birthday, and I've got laundry to do.  That's it, you all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:57 am »
HAPPY BIRHTDAY BETTY :-* :-* :-*
HAPPY BIRHTDAY SNOW! :-* :-*  :-*

HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO MY DEAR HUBBY JAMES  :D :-*
CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL LUCAS
WELCOME TO THE BIG APPLE ,QUEEN!

Betty- you hang in there, my dh isgoing through the same thing, he has applied for many jobs but none call him back, he is working now, but only making 1.00 above minimum wage.

Hope everyoned has a nice weekend! i have no plans except to pay bills and cook on the grill. My DH birthday is Sept. 5th, tomorrow! he will be 48.He wants a fishing pole.I'll check walmart for a cheap one.
Queen- I am glad you made it safely to the big apple!

Mum- give Min a big hug for me, she is so brave!

No1Mom- Lucas is a doll! glad he likes school!

Moon- glad you can now call yourself a Landlord!!!

Vivt - hope things work out at school

Well I got a call from my id nurse ,saying they want to repeat my bloodwork next week cause my numbers were high- colesterol, liver function, trygl whatever< She did say she don't think its wasting, because I am taking my meds,something else,pancreas?? gall bladder? will find out soon enough, u ntill then they are getting me ensure. I keep eating small amounts at meal time, yesterday i finsihed a whole hamburger!!! It took a couple of hours! lol

Love to all, have a nice Labor day weekend!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:32:57 am by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2009, 09:18:11 pm »
Damn, I just lost my post.......Ugh and I am to tired to start over. Hope everyone has a nice weekend...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2009, 10:45:36 am »
Good Morning!

Queen- Glad you made it  :)

Snow- Happy Birthday!

Netta- I hope they find out what is going on. At least your DH is being more supportive.

Betty- I wish I could offer some real advice. I am certain though that things will work out. You have come so far and worked so hard for them not to. Keep the faith!  :)

The reason I am being moved to 2nd grade has to do with the numbers. We have 5 kinder classes and some of them were not full. We have 20 to 1 in the primary grades at our district and they like to keep them full. First grade was not full either. What the principal did was make a K-1 combo which eliminated a first grade class. We still needed a second grade teacher for one class. One had not been hired so a retired teacher opened the class at the beginning of the year. I took over that class. Does that all make sense? Sometimes you can't hire teachers until you know how many kids are actually here. Anyways....the 2nd grade is really good so I should be ok and everyone thinks I will like 2nd better than 1st. They can read so that is a plus.  :)

I don't have anything planned. Just relaxing!

Andrea

Offline missy

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2009, 09:53:23 pm »
Hi gf’s
Missed you all…my computer crashed so I had to get another one. I am trying to adjust to this one, it's a little different but overall pretty good. Hope everyone is doing well I have a lot to catch up on.

I got a contact on my house so I go to settlement October 30.  Which means I need to get on the ball  and get things packed. I packed a little today and cleaned too I felt like I needed to clean my stove and fridge.

Talk to you all soon,have a nice evening. Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2009, 08:28:03 am »
Netta, I hope nothing serious is going on with your liver (or any other part of your bod for that matter).  When will you be re-doing the bloodwork?

Andrea, I understand why they switched your class now.  And, I try to "keep the faith," but sometimes I feel I'm wavering on the edge.

Mary, glad you got the contact for your house. 

Nothing much going on with me.  Going to a friend's mom's house later for a cookout.  I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2009, 01:46:21 pm »
Wow, it looks like it has been a little slow in here....Not much going on with me, just been working on getting things going here for me. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, I have 2 places to go to. One thing I have noticed is that though there is more help here than back home, appointments tend to move a little slower. And there is no such thing as calling because no one believes in answering the phones. Despite that and a few other things, I still like being here.

I haven't been on much due to the running around. And I also bought The Sims 3 for my pc so that has been keeping me occupied. I bet you ladies are probably out in your backyards grilling. Well, that is how I am picturing you all on this holiday. Enjoy!!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 02:44:39 pm »
Hi ladies,

Queen, I'm glad that you are liking NY. When I get a new computer, The Sims 3 is on my list. How do you like it? How would you compare it to past Sims? Just curious.

Betty, I hope you enjoyed the cookout.

I'm doing ok today. On Saturday my bf and I went and had dinner at place in town. Anyway, I didn't like it much but I ate the potatoes. Yep, food poisoning! It was awful but I was so relieved when I stopped hurting, phew! Tuesday I will be calling the health department and make a complaint. I don't want anything but they need to know. Everything else is going good. It has been pretty cool here the past few days but yesterday was absolutely beautiful. Well, you all have a good day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:48:49 pm by HollyStar »

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2009, 07:14:30 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNOW!!!!!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »
Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes!! I just laid low today, my SO had some friends over so I took off and went shopping by myself. The JC Penney outlet was having its $2.99 sale, got some stuff for me and the kids.

Yesterday, I took the kids to a local carnival and then a park.  Saturday we went down to a castle in CT that was owned by the guy that played Sherlock Holmes, it was a beautiful place.

Viv-That is crazy, that they switched grades on you but I am sure you will do well with whatever grade you are in. My oldest sons teacher offered me a helper position in her class, things have been so crazy at our school too.

BT- That really suprises me in this day and age, that they don't want any tatts showing, that must make things really hard.  I hope you can find something soon.

Missy- Congrats on getting the house sold, yeah you better start packing before you know it, the end of Oct will be here.

Holly- That sounds just awful, sorry to hear about the food poisoning, I can't even imagine dealing with that.

Keeping- I am going to try to give you a call tomorrow when shorty is at football practice ;D

Queen- They have some pretty amazing WoW( I learned that on the site ;)) cakes on that cakewrecks.com, I immediately thought of you when I saw them. They look too good to eat.

Netta- I hope they figure out what is going on, there is no way it should take you a few hours to eat a hamburger.

#1- GOOD JOB, Lucas!!!! :-*

Everyone have a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2009, 07:45:37 am »
Queen, at the food stamp office here, they hardly ever answer the phone; the message that you get when you call says "press 1 to hold."  But then, when you press 1, it says to leave a message.  Which is useless, because no one calls back.  It's very frustrating, I know.  I'm glad you like it there, though.

Holly, I had food poisoning once and had never been so sick.  It's horrible, so I feel for you.  I would also let the restaurant know as well as the health department.

Snow, you would think that most places wouldn't care about tatts, but around here, it's very conservative (extremely), it's really maddening.         We have a JCPenney home store here, and a Sears one also, but I never find out when the sales are until after they're over and someone will tell me, "oh, I got a really good deal on____." 

Well, when I got home from the cookout, I noticed my "service engine soon" light is on in my car.  So, yesterday I checked all the fluids, which are fine, checked to see if any of them are leaking, which they're not.  So, I started the car again and drove it around the block, and the light's still on and stays on.  I'm going to go to Autozone later if it quits raining, to see if they're still checking at no cost, what those lights mean.  And I'm hoping my car is new enough that they can.  It makes me very nervous, because I have no money to get my car fixed, so I don't know how I'm going to pay for any repairs.  And I don't know any mechanics, so I can't have a friend work on it.  Also, the wheel bearings are going out, which is about $300 per side.  But, my best friend told me those can take awhile to go out, and it's to my advantage that I don't drive a lot.  Of course, I don't know how I'm going to pay for those either.  I swear, I wish something good would happen.  It seems I've just had a lot of things going wrong lately.  Major things, not little ones.  I know the saying about God not giving us more than we can handle, but sometimes I believe He thinks I can handle more than I can.   And I have at least 7 misquito bites.  I haven't seen any around here, but the place the cookout was is out in the boonies, where there are bugs galore.  Makes me glad I live in the city.  So, I've been itching like crazy.  I think I have some Cortaid in my medicine cabinet, which would at least take the itch away.  I'm just not in a good mood today, and I really hope something gives soon, so all this bad shit will stop happening. :-\       

Offline vivyt

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2009, 08:17:44 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- If I could I would give you a big hug. :)

Holly- I hope you feel better.

The first day with the 2nd graders went well. There is a HUGE difference between 1st and 2nd graders.  I think I am going to like the 2nd grade even better.

Talk to you all soon!
Andrea

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2009, 03:20:59 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Andrea, I'm glad that you are liking your new class. That's wonderful!

Betty, I hope you get the car thing figured out. And like I said before, you should come to California. Much more relaxed!

Snow, Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! I hope you found some good stuff at Penny's.

I'm doing better. I was finally able to get the right number to make a complaint about the food poisoning. It was some environmental health department, I'm not sure. But I'll be getting a call from an Inspector to get more details and then he will be inspecting the actual restuarant.  :o
Also, the other night a dear got inside our garden (the fence still isn't finished). I think it must have panicked when one of the dogs started barking in the house because the next morning part of the fence was broken down and one of the large cages around a plant had a good sized dent in it. I don't think it's first attempt to jump the fence went well, but it did get out after it did some damage.
Well, ladies, I think I'm just going to take it easy today. You all have a good one.

P.S. Where is everyone?

Offline netta

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2009, 08:38:08 pm »
HI GF's sometimes I go all day and forget to post on this site, a little senile i guess(lol)
I have a lot on my mind sometimes and just been plain tired!
ok went  to the id clinic, ours i s called the hope center, I saw one of the new id doctors who happens to be an indian women,which is ok because she does take her time and explain things. they redid my labs, testing me for diabeites and Hep c, also my colesteroll is high, they think I have hepitits.  That i may havegotten it sexually from my dh. But He has hep c and it is rare to get it that way, from what I read. Hep b is the one got by sexual contact. My liver functions were way up high!!! normal is 20- 40, mine were 65 last blood work check in May, now its over 100!!!!. Ok I'm not going to panic, my dh has hep c, .I had a test in may and my hep test was negative! They said it could have changed, also my sugar was up! , never happens to me! they made me see a nutritionist which was good to understand how to eat right for diabeties, high colesterol. All this can be the reason I have so much trouble eating and losing some weight. MY weight is fine, for my height.no wasting found.Which is good. Hopefully Wed my test will be back and I'll know whats going on.

Betty I really hope things get better for you real soon, remember when Queen was going through a rough time last year???? everything was going wrong for her, her son got locked up, remember , she made it through that and things got better, we are here for you, Darling, love and hugs for you, I wish you could move here with me in Georgia!!!
By the way i have a good friend  who moved to Jersey, to be with her dying mom, her truck was stole and never found the first week she got there, her mom died of cancer a few months ago, then her nephew got killed , then last week her sister had a stroke and died, she is also sick has hep c and taking care of another sister who has full blown aids !!!
Just want you to know it could be worse!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:46:34 pm by netta »

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2009, 12:01:03 am »
BT- Where you able to get to Autozone?  Hopefully, it just needs to get reset, try not to worry about it.  I hear you, when I was on bedrest with the 3some, I was looking through a catalog and I found a pillow, I wish I could have gotten it.  It said something like that"  God doesn't give you anything you can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much", that was my mantra pretty much everyday.  It doesn't seem like it but things will get better. I will send you positive vibes and hugs.  What day is your b-day? 

Netta- Sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope you get some good results on Wednesday, please don't forget us that day  ;D  Sounds like your new ID doc will be good.

Holly- Thank you, it was just nice to get out of the house by myself. I think I got some more school clothes for the kids at Penneys, I did find myself some shirts at Sears.  They had sneakers in the kids clearance, if you buy one you get 50% off the other. I found a pair for one of the smaller boys and a pair that if my older son didn't like them, I could wear,since we wear the same size now,and of course, he liked them  :-\  I am suprised you didn't hear the dear creating havoc in the garden, he must have been thrashing pretty hard to dent something.  I am glad you are feeling better!

Viv- I am glad you like your new class!

Mum- I got the book, the 100 lessons one, I haven't read the whole beginning yet.  I went in yesterday to see about getting the other 2 tested for any delays, I guess it is much better if a parent does it rather than a teacher, it goes much faster.  How are you surviving with your hubby at school?

I lost my license so I had to go to the RMV for a duplicate today, that is a pain in the butt. The homework has started, Oh joy! ;D  I have a case of CRS, I have no idea what else I have been doing? :o

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2009, 12:57:40 am »
Evening Ladies,

Snow, I'm glad you had a nice time and that's funny about the shoes. The garden is kind of up the hill and the fence is a flexible metal so there wouldn't be too much noise I don't think. I should have let the dog out when she started barking though!

Netta, I hope you start feeling better and I really hope you don't have HEP C. You don't need another thing on your plate, but if you do, we are all here for you.

Betty, I was looking on Sephora.com , it's makeup and beauty product galore and I came across a tattoo concealer and immediately thought of you. It's from the beauty line of Kat Von D. She's a heavily tattooed tattoo artist and has a show on TLC. I don't know if that would work for you or not and I'm sure you could find something similar and cheaper on another site but here is the link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231113&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5905

I got a call from the Inspector today and was on the phone with him for over 30 minutes. Tons of questions. He asked pretty much everything except what kind of toilet paper I use, LOL. He said that a public health nurse may call me to follow up and may want a stool sample (a little late I think!) but most likely IF it went to Trial (I think that is unlikely to happen). I really hope it doesn't go that far. I just wanted to alert them about the bad food. So hopefully no one else was ill and this will go away. Anyway, you all have a good evening.

Offline minismom

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2009, 07:41:05 am »
This week has been one booger after another.  Thank goodness it's Thursday ;)

Betty, hun, I wish there was a magic switch that would make everything better.  You know I'd use it for you.  If it's any consolation, the check engine light has been on in our car for about 2yrs and hasn't broken down yet (knock on wood).  We had it checked out and the mechanic can't find anything wrong with it.  When we get it inspected, Hubby just goes in and pulls the fuse for the light so it won't light up. If you don't mind, PM me your new apt. number. I assume the address is the same, just a different number. Here's to better times ahead.

Snow, YEAH!  I LOVE that book.  It's so easy to use and seriously works.  I had big time doubts, but good grief, we had our kindergarteners reading by February.  I couldn't believe it!  I'm using it now with our autistic 4th grade son.  He was reading before kindergarten then decided he couldn't read anymore.  We were hoping it was a phase, but since it's been nearly 3yrs, I'm thinking it's not.  He's our Mr. Calculator, Mim is our reader. 

We're doing pretty good with Hubby and school.  So far, he's made straight A's on all his test / quizzes.  The hardest part isn't when he's in school, it's when he's home studying or working on a project, or doing his online class.  The kids know he's home and don't want to leave him alone.  I know he's home and it's hard to not give in to temptation and ask him to do something, or just sneak down and talk.

Yesterday our Autism therapist came over to work on our next step in the process.  It was 3hrs long, but VERY informative.  We worked on our family history, our goals, themes, fears, future plans, choices, schedule, stresses, ect.  It was all written down on big sheets of paper.  The lady said she turns it in to the center and they make a power point presentation out of it and send us a disc and paper copies.  Our next meeting will be the middle of October where we'll set goals for our daughter and work on a "path" to get her to those goals in a year, breaking it down into what we'd like to see happen in 3mth intervals. 

I've babbled long enough. It's getting late and I need to get the kids fed and ready for school.  After, we'll all be taking our weekly trip to Walmart.  Yeah....

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2009, 08:13:11 am »
Morning all,

Holly, there's a Sephora store at the mall here, and it's pretty expensive.  I'll look at the link you provided a little later.  Thanks.

Netta, wow, I'm sorry you're going through so much physically.  I know I wasn't treating my diabetes, I lost a lot of weight.  I don't remember if I was unable to eat or not.  I really hope you don't have hep C.  Ann would be a good one to pm about that, since she went through the treatment for it.  I really have never heard of it being passed sexually from one person to another.  Are they rechecking for it?   And yeah, I remember when Queen was having all that stuff happen to her.  It just seems so overwhelming sometimes.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  I don't know how people who are going through all that stuff she's going through stay sane.  Thanks for your kind words.  They mean a lot.

Snow, when you got your new license, did they make you take in documents, like your SS card, birth certificate, piece of mail with your address on it etc.?  They started doing that here.  Even if you're going in for a new license, when the current one is expired.  You have to take in your whole life almost.   I know all about the CRS syndrome.  I got that back in my younger days, and it doesn't seem to get any better. ;)

Mum, good to hear from you.  That autism therapist sounds like she's a good one.  And congrats to hubby for those A's!  That's terrific.  My new address is the same, except it's apartment 1.

Well, I did go to Autozone.  They guy tested the light, said it was either an emissions leak, or the gas cap being loose.  I told him I had the exhaust replaced last year (which is true), and I just tightened the gas cap.  He said it's most likely the gas cap.  So, later that day, one of my friends came over.  He looked at the gas cap, showed me where the seal was wore down, and also showed me a lot of rust at the top of my gas tank.  So, yesterday, I went back to Autozone and bought a new gas cap.  The light didn't go off, but my friend said the rust could be causing the cap to not close real tight.  Otherwise, when I did get a new exhaust, I didn't get a new manifold, so it could be a leak there.  I'm not going to worry about it right now.  I know when I was younger, I had a car that had holes in the floor and a bad exhaust, and I had to drive around with the window 1/2 way down to avoid the fumes.   I'm hoping the wheel bearings will hold out until maybe I can get in school, so I can take out a little extra on the loan money to pay for new ones. 

Other than that, my cat has a yeast infection in her ears.  I know this, because she had the same thing last year, and I took her to the vet.  About a month ago, I called and asked if I could get a refill on the ointment the vet prescribed for her last year, so I got some ($25).  The ointment is an antibiotic ointment, which makes no sense being that it's a yeast infection.  Two of my friends said their dogs had the same thing, until it was discovered that they have allergies.  So, I'm thinking my cat has allergies of some kind.  I just don't have the $ to take her back to the vet at this time.  I was reading online about using drops of diluted white vinegar, I also read about Hydrocortisone cream, and some kind of ointment that has to be ordered online.  I may try the white vinegar thing.  Has any pet owners ever had trouble like this with their animals?             

Today my therapist should be here.  Hopefully he talked to his criminal attorney friend about getting misdemeanor records sealed.  Not much going on other than that.  You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2009, 08:27:23 pm »
Hey everyone!

Netta- I hope you feel better. It sounds like this new doctor is doing a good job.

Holly- Are you going to press charges against the restaurant?

Mum-Congratulations to your husband  :)

Betty- My dog has a similar problem with her ears. I have ear ointment that I put in when she starts messing with her ears. I also try to get her ears cleaned monthly and that has really cut down the infections. She also has allergies so my vet recommended giving her Benadryl. I give her one, twice a day. Much cheaper then a prescription.

Other then being exhausted, this week went well. Next week here I come!

Offline missy

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2009, 08:39:47 pm »
Hey Gf's
Just checking in to say hi. I have been really busy trying to get packed. I ache from head to toes.
Miss ya all. Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2009, 06:55:31 am »
Just a quick note, since it seems people aren't checking in too much.

Andrea, I've heard about giving the dogs Benadryl.  I think that's what my best friend's mom does with her dog.  I just don't know how that would be handled with a cat.  You know, dosage for the cat compared with a dog.  And the vet I last took her to seems to want me to bring my cat in for everything, and I'm thinking she would want to run a bunch of tests to see what the cat is allergic to.  Who knows, but the place I took her to, I've heard, is overpriced. 

My therapist did talk to a criminal lawyer he knows.  He said the lawyer seemed impressed with my story.  The lawyer said that, people can't get misdemeanors expunged or sealed unless it was part of a plea agreement.  And this state did away with the statute of limitations years ago.  I had no plea agreements with the charges; I pled guilty, and was given probation every time.  Well, then I talked to a guy who was a paralegal for a criminal attorney.  He said they have things called post-conviction releases.  He was saying that I would need to get the case #'s, and he would have to write up official documents to present to the court.  I asked him how much this would cost (for him to do the work), and he said $500.  I told him I couldn't afford that, and he said he would make it reasonable, whatever that means.  I don't know if he meant $500 per charge or total (I have 3 charges I want taken off, or something like that).  If there's nothing I can do about them, I'm pretty screwed.  Indiana is such a fucked up state.  I guess they want people to pay forever for past mistakes.  And I think Michigan is the same way, since the charge I got there about 10 years ago is still on the record.  I do have an appointment tomorrow for a free consult with a criminal attorney, so I'm going to ask about the post conviction release thing, to make sure what this guy is telling me is true.  So, that's about it for now.  I'm going to get a dexa scan done today.  You all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:06 am »
Good morning ladies-

I wouldn't say I quit but I did take a leave of absence from the board for a while  ;).  I was really down with everything that happened back in June with my surgery.  I was throwing myself a bit of a pity party and  finally, I put a kibosh on a few weeks later. 

Something really amazing happened to me around the 4th of July.  I found out an old boyfriend, my first love who I was madly in love with...around the age of 20 was back in my hometown.  I was in lusty crush around 16 up to the 20 year mark. He was the bad boy too. Really arrogant, selfish and  boy did my folks despise him.  We broke up he moved to San Fran and I had not seen him in 15 years.  The funny thing is that when I first got diagnosed, one of the first thoughts were, I hope G never finds out about this.  I still don't know why I thought that. 

I decided to hold off on telling the story of how this all went down because it's long but interesting.
Your life can change in one day forever and that's basically what happened.

Basically he's living with me now.  We're in love and very happy.  He has become a man through all his trials in the last few years which is what made him grow up and become an incredible, caring person.

That's it really.  I have been trying to catch up on reading the posts. But for right now just skimmed.

Betty hugs to you!  Sorry that you are having such a rough time.

Andrea,  are you missing the summer or looking forward to school which has since commenced?

Queen-  It's official, you're becoming a new yorker?  good for you! I'm sure you're very excited.

Snow- Is that your dane in the avatar?

Mini's mum-  sorry to read about mini's wasting issues.  Poor little thing.   Sounds like your house hold is a busy as ever....hubby in School?  great! 

Netta-  I had to be tested for hep c many times and I hate the wait.  In the spring, I was picking up a friend for church.  He asked me to grab his razor out of his travel bag.  I reached in and it severely pierced my finger.  It was the razor he used the morning before.  But it was negative my test.

Anyway, nice catching up.  I will continue to post.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2009, 11:21:37 am »
Hi Camms- It is so nice to see you again.  That is great news, I am so happy things are going well for you with your old flame! Sorry to hear your were down for a little bit but very glad you are feeling better.  No, that is our pit, Cassius, supposedly he is a king pit, which I had never heard of until we got him.  He is not as tall as a Dane but taller than most pits.

BT- That is crazy that your state doesn't expunge that mess after awhile.  I hope the lawyer will be able to help you out, don't they do any pro-bono work?

Viv- I have a question for you.  Do you ever worry about your students and or thier parents finding out about your status.  The only reason I ask is shitbag showed up at his daughters school and to make a long story short, the police had to be called.  I can just picture him doing that out here too, acting a fool and telling everyone my business..  Hopefully, he is too stupid to find out where my sons new school is.

I am lying low today, Aunt Flo is kicking my ass  :(

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2009, 11:34:16 am »
Hey ladies--

Sorry, I haven't been around. I have been running around getting things set up for myself here. It's been mad appointments plus my internet was down. Something was messed up in the lines. I have to wait 25-30 days before I can get any food stamps or medical. Which I may lose my medicare and have to go on ADAP...Any one know anything about this? What does it cover? But I do qualify for a lot of programs due to my status. It just amazes me how much help you get over here.

And then there was the drama with Section 8, where both Pa and Ny offices telling me I needed to get an extension from the other office. Papi has been my ears in all this since I can't hear that well on my cell phone. And he was calling them everyday, both offices. I guess they finally got tired of him, the Pa office faxed the extension paperwork to the Ny office. And I have my appointment next week but housing also had a studio apartment that I could've taken but I didn't. Studio apartment to me means an efficiency and I don't like those. So, they put me on the list for 1 bdrm.

Camms-- Good to hear from you. And glad you are finally happy. You deserve it.

Netta- Sorry to hear what you are going throuhg. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sorry I can't remember everything I skimmed over so if I missed anyone forgive me. This screen is jumping again. Got to go.....

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »
Wow I just lost   whole post. Anyway high girlfriends!!
hope everyone had a great weekend. I watch Grand torino, with clint eastwood and it was great!
Also went to see "I can do bad by myself" and it was  also great!
Well I am going through some real changes in my life, my marriage is on the rocks, I am seeking a  peaceful resolution, called seperation, I am not in love with my husband, I must confess. I love him but not in love,  I have made a big mistake getting married.  :'(we are not getting along and things have come to a head. keep me in prayer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2009, 05:26:46 pm »
Netta, I just wanted to jump in here real quick and tell you I'm really thinking about you and I'll keep you in my prayers.  I'm glad you realized it now, though, instead of years from now.  I'm sorry, I know that doesn't make it any easier.  I guess at times like these, words seem a little akward.  {{NETTA}}

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.