Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:40:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 529
Total: 531

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I guess i will call it depression  (Read 6545 times)

Offline kitty1

I guess i will call it depression
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:49:07 am »
I have been married to a negative guy for six months now.  Before we got married we had sex and he later said he did not feel it was right to have sex before marriage.  We stopped and as a woman and me being on hormones (contraceptives) I turned off the sex light.  We got married, didnt even have sex on our wedding night. We have sex once in two months besides the fact that i am just 30 and am supposed to be on my sexual peek.  Worse I found out I was positive, he accepted and said it was alright and it was not going to change a thing.  Well, things have changed, I am not affectionate due to the fear and discomfort of having sex and end up infecting him and he also hasnt been agressive.  And as a woman this has just got me physically detached from him.  I feel i am around my brother and wish  could find somene else to have sex with(cheat).

I somehow feel guilty because i feel I have put his life on hold.  I am in a new location, I relocated due to the marriage, no friends to spend time with, I am not working so I find myself getting depressed all the time.  I try to hide it but I cant take it any more its killing me. I hate having t put him through this.  I am regretting having married him and thatswhats killing me.  I want to tell him to go on and date whoever he wants to.  i wouldnt mind.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I guess i will call it depression
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:41:04 am »
Hi Kitty,

In reading what you've written it seems to me there's more involved here than just HIV as a concern. Relationships often are not easy and all kinds of things come up. Beginning a marriage, even when the two people care for each other can be fraught with difficulties.

I suggest you see a therapist or other professional and get some support with what's going on. Talking things out in a safe setting can make a huge difference in getting clarity about what's going on. And it's not something to struggle with alone.

Keep us posted on how it's going.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:08:55 am »
Kitty-

Your post reminds me of my life shortly after I was diagnosed. I was in my mid-30s and felt as though I should settle for a flawed relationship with a very flawed man because it was all I deserved.

Sex was pretty much a non-starter for us, as even at the best of times it was rushed and troubled by fears of HIV. Being diagnosed really nailed that coffin shut, and I really thought that the possibility of fully-integrated happiness (lifestyle, sex, success, the whole ball of wax) just wasn't in the cards I'd been dealt.

The feelings of dissatisfaction and distance grew until his drug addiction consumed him alive, and I got out by the skin of my teeth, bankrupt and all alone in a strange place and with no friends or support.

In the three years since I sent him back to Boston I've made some pretty good choices and some pretty terrible ones, as human are wont to do. But even at the worst, it is better finding my own way than being freighted with an unproductive relationship draining me of my soul.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Paulette

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »
Kitty i can  totally relate; i to rushed into my marriage with a neg-person and our sex life isn't  what it should be, not because of him, it's just me. everytime we do make love i lay there and cry in fear that I've infected him, yes we are very safe but the thought is in the back of my mind and i think forever will be. He knows my status and has from day one, but it makes me wonder why he would put his life @ risk, his is just a great guy than can look beyond my Hiv, or is just plain stupid? I guess that's a completely different issue.  sometimes like you i get depressed over it and wonder would it be better if i were to be with someone like myself positive.  My husband and i have been together for three and hafe years we will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary in Jan 2008. but I'm beginning to wonder if i rushed into a relationship with him.  I've never been by myself; there is a fear of being alone, you can tell that from this being my fourth husband,  sometimes i get depressed for putting all this on his plate. but then again he knew what he was getting into we when we got together.  i read my bible when it gets to hard to deal with and that helps , i also try to meditate, laugh, listen to music and dance my butt off in my living rm when on-one is at home at helps. i also find that if i go work in the yard or write  in my journal that helps.
Just know you are not alone:)Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline Paulette

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 12:02:49 pm »
Oh i almost forgot
talk to your doctor they got great meds out there for this as well.
;)paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.