Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:15:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773211
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 467
Total: 470

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Annoying neighbors  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Cliff

Annoying neighbors
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:55:26 am »
Most of my neighbors, past and present, have been pretty good.  About 6 months ago a guy moved into the block of flats opposite my building (street is fairly narrow).  He has a set playlist that he sings loudly to (off key).

It's usually Shaka Khans greatest hits or some similar artist (starting around midnight), but always ends with Joss Stone's You had me.  He then hits repeat on that song (you had me), playing it over and over again (singing it way off key, over and over again).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opwudiDgv1E

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Annoying neighbors
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:07:03 am »
Oh My.
Why dont you deliver an anonymous letter to him with a few of your favorite cd's ripped. maybe he will enjoy your music too.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 03:30:42 pm »
Send him a video tape or tape recording of himself singing.  Maybe that'll be all he needs to tone it down.  If that doesn't work, try taking up opera or the trumpet. ;)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:42:57 pm »
Cut to the chase Cliff. Call the cops (or council or whoever you need to), make an official complaint and have the guy silenced.

I'm assuming this happens on week nights as well as weekends? you don't put up with that shit, you complain and have it dealt with.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 10:11:13 pm »
Oh My.
Why dont you deliver an anonymous letter to him with a few of your favorite cd's ripped. maybe he will enjoy your music too.

Uh, if he can't sing, it doesn't matter what Cliff requests, it just means the song will be sung just as bad....You could do the note thing. But dude may be an ass about it too. You never know then in that case, I would go along with Fearless because in most places there is a noise ordinance enforced.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 10:17:30 pm »
I have a Kung Fu Teddy Bear that has a nasty evil streak in him...I could send him over.. ;D.

Failing that Steve has the right idea..don't mess around.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 08:05:55 am »

Perhaps he wants you to come over and complain. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »
Maybe we should set your neighbor up on a date with the dumbass outside my window that is drumming on plastic paint cans...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 06:25:46 am »
It's been years since I had a neighbour from hell, but I can empathise with you, Cliff. I also agree that you should make a formal complaint. If he were doing it during the day or even early evening, it would be a bit different, but to do it in the middle of the night is just inconsiderate. I wonder if anyone in his building has complained?

Right now, the closest I have to a hellish neighbour is the woman next-door who hoovers like twenty times a day, starting at the crack of dawn. While it's usually just a low-level noise in the background, she wakes me up at least once a week when she's hoovering her bedroom (our bedrooms share a party wall) and slamming the damned machine into the skirting-boards. ::) She's a good neighbour otherwise, so I just ignore it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 07:22:14 am »

Right now, the closest I have to a hellish neighbour is the woman next-door who hoovers like twenty times a day, starting at the crack of dawn. While it's usually just a low-level noise in the background, she wakes me up at least once a week when she's hoovering her bedroom (our bedrooms share a party wall) and slamming the damned machine into the skirting-boards. ::) She's a good neighbour otherwise, so I just ignore it.

Ann

LOL Ann for a minute there for some reason I thought you were complaining that she was coughing loudly at the crack of dawn.  I thought jeez Ann the poor thing probably has a condition......  but then I realized you meant vacuuming, so it's prolly just an OCD....  or in her case a COD...  them letters are probably alphabetized in her poor mind when she vacuums...  or hoovers as they say on the rock I guess.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 07:41:34 am »

or hoovers as they say on the rock I guess.

Yes, that's right, hoovering is how Brits refer to vacuuming, regardless of the brand-name of your vacuume. I have a Dyson, but I still do the hoovering. ;D And yes, I think she probably does have a mild case of OCD. Oh well, there's worse things to have!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dale Parker

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 01:25:37 am »
I ended up moving because of noisy neighbours. When I moved in the building had great superintendants and the place was spotless.  They quit 4 months after I moved in and we got a drunken drug addiced bum for a super. The first set of tenants above me had a 4 year old boy who would pull his toys from the bookcase and let them all crash to the floor. He would do this 6 or 7 times in an evening. The bookcase was right above my couch. The super and the tenants above me were from the same small Russian town yet he claimed that he did not know them. That explaines why nothing was done about their noise.
   There were numerous complains put in about the super. A lot of them were from me which he knew about. The lady beside me complained to the health department about the filthy messes and the health department notified the owners of the building. The next day the super ripped into my neighbour for calling the health department on him. The complaint that got him fired was from the fire department as he was very drunk while on duty when the fire alarm went off. Even though they fired him they let him work until they found his replacement. While they looked for his replacement he moved friends of his into the apartment above me which was vacant at the time. They would start to party at 3:00am. I wrote numerous letters to the new supers and managemet company which fell of deaf ears.  I called the cops 3 times and was told they had the right to enjoy their apartment. When I asked if I could enjoy my apartment the same way they said they could arrest me on a noise complaint. These guys would also walk around their apartment banging a broom handle on the floor. they would go from one end to the other for ten minutes. Just a short enough time so when I called the super by the time they got there the noise had ended. Most of the time they would leave their apartment just after they finished making the noise so if the super knocked on their door they were not at home. I also suspect the old super had a key to their apartment and would do it while they were at work providing them with the perfect alibi.
  I even called the noise bylaw department but that was no good as they only work 9 to 5 and all the noise was between 6:00 pm and 5:00am .
I finally moved but managed to stiff the owners for my last months rent which was $1400.00
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:30:51 am by Dale Parker »
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Offline Cliff

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 09:28:10 am »
Problem solved!  Signed the lease on a new flat on Saturday!!!

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 12:17:31 pm »

good news.

now, i hope it big enough to have a big party next year when we all convene for the AMG.  Also, although the dates are not yet confirmed, I'll just go ahead and make my reservation for the guest bedroom, please.  Does it include continental breakfast?

thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.