Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:40:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anal Fistula Surgery  (Read 9407 times)

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
Anal Fistula Surgery
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:58:55 pm »
I had surgery this morning and am now recovering on my couch with my precious kitten keeping me warm and purring.  Taking percocet and am in a really nice place!  Doc said everything went perfectly and I have a follow up next week.  No more leaky painful butt!   ;D
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Anal Fistula Surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:01:58 pm »
Very very glad for you. All my best to you honey

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:31:42 pm »
J,

Didn't realize you were having surgery.   I'm glad everything went well and you've got the best of company during your Percocet haze.

Just remember that those narcotics can be hella constipating....not something to look forward to after your nip/tuck.   ;)

Hopefully they gave you some tips to minimize the discomfort.  Drink plenty of water, eat your fiber, take your stool softener if they recommended it, and time your pain meds around caca time, if you can swing it.

Feel better soon,
John

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:40:58 pm »
Ouch! Glad to hear it's going well. Wishing you a good and COMFORTABLE recovery.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:59:10 pm »
Isn't it tonight that you were supposed to go to that FF party?

:D :D :D

Have a kick-ass recovery :D

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:09:04 pm »
Hoping your recovery goes well! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:20:11 pm »
Isn't it tonight that you were supposed to go to that FF party?

:D :D :D

Have a kick-ass recovery :D

Milker.

He was scheduled to be the -er, not the -ee!  And I think he needs a kiss-ass recovery, to make his boo-boo better.
 :-*

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 08:31:15 am »
Hi
How are things going with the recovery? It is great that you got this
" arse"   situation taken care of.  Hope all goes well for you.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline randym431

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 10:59:21 am »
I had this done years ago in the 1998. Went thru total hell for 8 months until a doctor finally diagnosed it as a fistula. Seen so many other doctors before, that missed what it really was. From my experience then, the after math and recovery discomfort was nothing compared to the pre-surgery daily total "wanta kill myself" pain I went thru for the 8 months. I healed fairly fast and I would call the post surgery pain as more of a discomfort than pain. I took the pain pills for only 2 days after surgery. Pre surgery, a nightmare hell on earth. You should do just fine. And thank goodness you found a competent doctor. There are so many out there that are not. Its shocking.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:13:01 pm »
Yes, percocet does cause constipation which is why I am also on a prescription laxitive.  Life is painful and "dischargey" at the moment but all is well.  I still have been too afraid to look at it as my partner pretty much turned green after looking and he is pretty strong in that sense.

Randman - it took them 18 months to figure it out for me .... I am looking forward to a painfree future!

Offline asean

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27:44 am »
Hi all ,

I was diagnosed as having a fistula last year , I started on meds a couple of months ago , and things have settled Down a bit , it is "itchy "  not so much painfull as a bit of discomfort, has anyone any advice if these things ever clear up on their  own , ?? I have had it for ages I suspect and at one point got an incredible infection that hurt like hell , this has all settled down , but would welcome any advice please

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 12:53:35 pm »
According to everything I have read it will never clear up on its own and the best bet is surgery.  Which, is not all that bad.  I am officially off my pain meds and finally took a rather painful but productive dump! 

Offline bimazek

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 10:51:52 pm »

there is a new proceedure that doctors are getting 83% cure rate, but other dr.s only getting 60% cure rate that does not involve ANY cutting!

it is using pig intestine as a graft which they place in the fistula and put you on antibiotics for 2 weeks
the pig intestine plug acts as a structure for body to naturally grow the tissue back together

many places in usa have this

including USC, la county med center (the bld in gen hospital) and many others

do a search on web

clinical trials

ask dr.s

i have heard that you can go for years no big deal but this is new and very advanced

good luck

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 11:39:41 pm »
Have a good recovery? which hospital did you go to get it done? i don't know what that is but i am going to look it up right now....

btw,,, did you ever have slight intestine area discomfort while being on the meds????

1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline randym431

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 01:16:31 am »
I was told they never heal, and at some point get worse. The surgery sounds awful but really wasnt, for me. Out patient thing. What started mine was getting a bad tv dinner and having awful diarea that started the pain. The pain that never ended. Stress can worsen them too, I hear. If you have one that isnt too bad, yet, I'd be checking doctors and find one that will do the fix now. It ends the problem and you can put it all behind you  ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline bedder1

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 02:25:02 pm »
the words anal and fist in same sentence grabs MY attention! LOL   no, serious...glad everythin went ok...an enjoy the percs
theres only us
theres only this
forget regret
or life is yours to miss
no other road
no other way
no day but today!

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 02:39:41 pm »
the words anal and fist in same sentence grabs MY attention! LOL   no, serious...glad everythin went ok...an enjoy the percs

It certainly gets my attention too.  It makes me chuckle, I have to tell my gay friends, no it is not from fisting.....it just sounds that way.  LOL!

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 12:59:43 am »
SDCabbie-

PM me if you want to hear a true story involving me, a handsome young man and his fistula. I'm not sure it will ever make it to The Spin Cycle.

Hope your poopschute is humming and dandy by now, doll  ;D

Brent
(Who has a horrifying yet smutty story for all occasions)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 05:34:05 pm »
SDCabbie-

PM me if you want to hear a true story involving me, a handsome young man and his fistula. I'm not sure it will ever make it to The Spin Cycle.

Hope your poopschute is humming and dandy by now, doll  ;D

Brent
(Who has a horrifying yet smutty story for all occasions)

Poop chute is NOT doing good.  I used to enjoy pooping now I hate it!  It hurts!!!  I am never going to get to be a bottom again. :-(  Never make it to The Spin Cycle .... oh no, do not quit writing, I need new ideas .... LOL.

SD (whom used to love to poo)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:47:07 pm by sdcabincrew74 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:54 pm »
SD
Sorry to hear your recovery isnt going as you had hoped.  Whats going on?  Is the healing process taking longer than expected?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:27 pm »
It just really hurts to take a dump is all.  Plus lots of showers, baths, and soaks to keep things ok down there.  The muscle was partially cut (had to be) and it takes a bit to heal .... just annoyed, ready to be all better, ya know?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 11:33:18 pm »
Oh honey, I know a couple of piggy bottoms who've busted their boy pussies and needed to have them repaired. You'll be back to normal and accommodating the entire male staff of Qantas in no time. ;)

From what I'm told, you'll probably be even better down there than you were before. I'm sure it needed a good tightening up anyways.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:00 pm »
just consider it an anal face lift.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 12:55:11 am »
Or a "mother's stitch" for daddies everywhere.

Brent
(Who has met more than one sky whore in his life)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 04:13:15 pm »
Although I enjoy a lot of anal sex, I was still told that I was tight.  However, a little tighter might be better in my ability to get them off faster, LOL.  I am not a sky whore as I do it for free, I am a sky slut.  Or, as my mothers calls us flight attendants, sky mattresses.  LOL  ::)

MTD - the entire male staff at Qantas?  ;D Yum, there are more than a few hotties working there.  In fact, the first time I joined the mile high club was with a Qantas stew in the crew rest on a long reach 747 on my way back to LAX from SYD.  Had cum leaking out of my butt the entire rest of the flight, LOL!!!

Bucko - you can be first daddy to try out my mommies stitch!

SD (who is not ashamed of his sexual behavior)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:18:51 pm by sdcabincrew74 »

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 10:48:55 pm »
Just an update...

Saw my surgeon today.  All is healing well.  Gave me a new prescription for pain.  The puss, blood, and general grossness is to be expected.  Said when I am healed I will be as tight as a virgin again .... LOL.  I love have gay doctors.  Anywho, all is well.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 08:23:09 pm »
Gotta love those Qantas FAs.  Met one in Palm Springs a few years ago.  Yum, yum, yum

When we met the conversation led me to believe he must have worked for the airline.

Me:  "So, you must work for the airline?"
Him:  "Yes"
Me:  "You work for Qantas?"
Him:  "Yes"
Me:  "Flight Attendant?"
Him:  "I'm a cabin master"
Me:  "What's that?  Like a lead flight attendant?"
Him:  "Um...yeah, pretty much"

4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:55 am »
16 days after my surgery I had my first painfree poo!  Hooray!  Things are definately getting better down there as it seems that I now only have one hole "down there" instead of two. 

SD - (whom is starting to like pooing again)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.