Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:56:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 520
Total: 521

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating...  (Read 4643 times)

bleueyes

Dating...
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:52:14 pm »
I am on the personals, and the strangest men leave me messages.  I guess this is what people go through.  Why do men have to think they are so special.  Who cares if other people think you're an enigma!  What do you think of yourself???   
I care for myself more than anyone else, except my daughter, who is HIV negative.
"By the way she won an award for most improved student in the fourth grade today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I cried.  Her best friend high fived her, and they laughed.  My daughter is having an awesome childhood!
My life is a good life, and I live a good life.
Back to the subject above...
Some men think I should be so greatful for them talking to me.  Yeah... I'm not gorgeous, but my parents made me smart!!! 
I just have to laugh at people sometimes! 
Here is how I would describe myself...
I am thirty-one, and a single Mom.  I have my Mother as my best friend, and hang out with my Aunt occassionally.  My accomplishments...  Taking care of my daughter and myself, while going to school, and carrying on all the responsibilities of both parents.
Well, I have to end this here.  I have two assignments do today.  And I have a 10 gallon fish tank to clean!  Later, I have to cook dinner!  God!, it feels like ten at night.
And on the brighter side of things, I am getting a mini-van, on the fifteenth of this month, June.  I have been without a car since August 21, 2007.  I have been busing it, and walking!  Walking 27 blocks to my doctors and Lab appointments, then 27 blocks back home!  So I am very happy!
I know other women go through these things, but I am in need of type-chatting.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:06 pm »
Hi Bleu,  about the dating thing, well......... I think quite a few men think they are God's gift and all that.  I wouldn't give them the time of day. 

Congratulations on your daughter's accomplishment.  That's really great.  I was a single mother myself, so I know how hard it is.  Good to hear from you.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:15 am »
Hi Bleu

for some reason i thought you were 10 years or so younger. i mustve confused u with someone else.

well I am glad your life is good! thats the most important thing.

the more I read about it, the more I realize my good experience on poz personals were probably due to the fact that I lived really far from the guys who contacted me (mostly on another continent, sometimes another country). So I guess the ones who contacted me were not out for instant gratification. But I also contacted guys I liked. Have you thought of that?

good luck with it, and why dont you join us in the dating thread? the one time we actually have a thread about Dating, and it doesnt even go in the dating thread  :P

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

tendai

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:37:40 am »
Hie Bleu

Congrats on your daughter's award, you must be very proud. Also on getting the car soon, thats this weekend right?
I briefly dabbled in the online business but i;ve found it doesnt really work for me coz i dont regularly go online and the guys seems to think that just because you answered their e-mail you're automatically their girlfriend. Thats Zimbos for you.  I had to be rude to some of them and most i just ignored cos they seemed to be writing just for the sake of it ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.