Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:49:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread - Part 47: "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."  (Read 55891 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
I've seen you post that reply before, BT.  I'll have to remember it fo rthe next time, lmao. 

Someone needs to start a new thread this weekend...........
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

BT and Cindy-

I just had to laugh when I heard that! The other day a parent of a former student was at the school and I was asking how her son was doing, blah, blah, blah, and she asked if I was pregnant! I laughed and said no, I was just fat! She was totally embarrassed. That day I was wearing a dress that kind of has that effect so I couldn't blame her. I don't even have a belly, just big boobs LOL! So funny. I'm not wearing that dress again.... :)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

I mean, don't ALL women know that THAT is THE question NOT to ask a female?  EVER?!

I say they need to mind their own fricking business, lol.  I made the mistake of asking a vet tech that about 12 years ago and will never forget it.  She just replied, "No, I like to eat."  I learned my lesson and felt so bad, that I never never never ask that question anymore.  If someone is pregnant, they usually won't shut up about it, lol.

That's what we get for having big boobs, too, lol!

Iceman called about 15 minutes ago.  He used his buddy's phone cause he doesn't have reception in them there hills where they're at.  He said they got in at 3am last night.  :o   I told him that when he checked in at 11pm and said they only had an hour to go, that I checked online.  At that point they were still 180 miles from their destination.

Now they are hunting and gathering for breakfast.  LOL   :D

Offline 100proofBrandy

hello ladies
sorry I haven't been around I have been in the hospital my gall bladder decided it doesn't like me anymore and is throwing stones around lol that is basically what it is doing there is a stone stuck in the duct between my gall bladder and liver causing my liver to enlarge:( and it hurts like HELL I need to have the gall bladder removed the problem no major medical ??? and I don't have 20,000 laying around to pay for it so for now I have to live with the pain!!! but it could be worse I'll try to get on more I have my good days and then I have the not so good ones today its one of my better days, getting my homework and getting to class has been really hard lately but most of my Prof have been really understanding and are helping me the best they can thank goodness
hope everyone is good
Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline Afraid

I really don't know where to start, so I'm just going to jump in, and start venting.
I recently quit my job, because I felt like my boss was undressing me with his eyes. I asked the over head of the company to switch me to another team, and he declined my request. I have serious issues when it comes to men. I don't trust them, you know with me being raped and all. So for the last 4 weeks I have been in my apartment secluded from the world because this is where I feel the safest. I have not slept in the last 72 hours because. I'm on constant guard. I feel like I'm protecting myself from someone. I check my peep whole at least 20 time out the day. I am seeing a psych who suggested that I go and apply for ssi, because he feels that I am bipolar/ skitsafrantic, because I told him that I have days that I feel like I'm being raped all over again, and It actually feel like I'm there.

My family is supportive because I finally disclosed my status, however I often feel like something they will never understand what I'm going through. I had no one to talk and no where to turn so I decided to come to you tall, because I know that you wont judge me, and maybe one of you have went through similar situations, with your mental health.

For those of you who may not remember me, My name is Camry I'm 26 yrs old and I was raped when I was still a virgin, and infected with the virus.
Ladies any suggestion will truely help me...Thank you

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
LOL I've been asked when the baby is due also. One lady even touched my belly. uuggh I cant stand it when people you dont know touch you without permission.

Sometimes I'll fake it and go along with it sometimes I will look at them like they are nuts and tell them I am not pregnant just to see their reaction.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
I was going to start a new thread, but with Carny chiming in, I thought I'd reply here.  I'll start a new one in the morning.

Carny, you might need to go inpatient somewhere for awhile, at least until you feel safe enough to be on your own.  I was raped when I was 14 and it was no pleasant experience.  I never got help right after that and I can tell you that me not getting help almost led to my complete destruction.  Please, if you're not feeling safe, get some support that's going to be there 24 hours.  Don't worry about what other people think etc.  It's your life and it's precious.  You need to take care of you. 

And Brandy, you not having major medical is no excuse for those doctors not to remove those stones, especially if they're causing your liver to swell.  I had gallstones removed and I know the pain-it's hell.  Worse than labor pains (and I was in labor for 30+ hours).  Really, find a doctor who will remove them and will accept payments or something.  Please take care of yourself. 

We definitely need to take better care of ourselves sometimes.  I hope all you ladies have a good night.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

Hi Camry~

I remember you and your story when you joined us last year, I think it was.  I understand the comfort of keeping yourself secluded, so that you feel safe.  I can't imagine how the rape has changed you on an emotional level.  I was thinking, maybe you could call a crisis hotline?  I know the event didn't "just happen" but you're certainly still suffering the repercussions from it. 

I think we gain some strength from the links we have to helpful sources and support from others.  I believe that reaching out, even if just a little by picking up the phone, will lead you in a supportive direction.  Whoever you talk to can let you know of other resources in your community which may be of benefit to you.  Perhaps the shrink isn't enough, is he/she helping you at all?  Maybe you need to see someone else?

Just take baby steps, I know this isn't easy.  I just don't want you to give up on yourself.  Please stay in touch with us, Camry.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:55:02 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Hi Ladies,

Camry, I remember you. Im sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad. sometimes we can get in a loop, I have been there myself many times when I was younger. I can tell you that I dont have a chronic mental disorder even though I had symptoms in those days. Its not about giving it a name its about taking care of yourself.

Sometimes when people have trauma - which is what you experienced - they just shut down into their own mind and withdraw its meant to keep us safe but it can be isolating and cruel to ourselves.

Please contact your family and your psychologist as well as the rape crisis line. You said yourself, that your family loves and supports you. No one can understand another 100%, but it doesnt matter. We can support and love each other even when we cannot compleletly understand what the other is going thru. I am sure you have been able to support family and friends in the past with their subjective problems. You have been thru a lot and you need to rest. I agree with Betty as well that maybe you can check in to a mental facility for a few days just to stabilize yourself and be in a restful environment. I'm sorry it has been so rough.

Brandy, it makes me so angry that you're in excruciating pain with no help. can't you cover this with basic insurance? can't you go to an ER and force them to take care of you? Im sorry I know nothing about the system over there. Wishing you health and strength.

Hope both of you feel better soon.

Cindy, I thought Wild Hogs was just a movie... I didnt realize there really was such a thing... cool.
I got the pregnant question a while back, I don't have abig belly, just kind of rounded and soft, and since I am on PIs, it can get pretty puffy with after dinner.... The girl who asked was a skinny little thing. I just said "I know I eat a lot, but....". she was embarassed. I am very careful about asking that, to the extreme. A collegue of mine was obviously pregnant and everyone knew, I just said, "you look so... different". She said "you're the last person to find out". My BF told me he was about to ask a friend of mine (not poz, but with a belly she can't get rid of, but not fat otherwise) if she was pregnant. Not a good idea... I guess women are so skinny in the media nowadays that any type of bump is "suspicious"... and when you look at "celebrity bumps", well, I have farted away bigger bumps of my own ;D

Betty, you are tough but caring and unjaded. I love that about you. Just wanted to say that.

Netta, my thoughts are with you.

Hugs to all you ladies, have a peaceful sunday
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
This thread is closed.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.