Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:07:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 154
Total: 155

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Should I worry about this?  (Read 9555 times)

Offline jazz1986

Should I worry about this?
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:34:12 pm »
Hey everyone and thanks for reading.

I have been seeing this girl over a month now and its going great. Just last week we were kissing around and then she ended up giving me a blowjob and I went down on her. Throughout that time, she told me that she is on birth control and that if I wanted to go inside her. I did not because I did not have a condom. She also told me that in her past relationship she did not use a condom because they were both virgins. Now should I be concerned about anything that fact that I went down on her and she gave me a blowjob and she has not used a condom with her last boyfriend?( we are both 19 by the way).

Just last night we did go all the way and I used a condom. I kept checking to make sure that it was not broken or anything, but it was also a little dark in the room and maybe I missed something...but it looked fine when I took it off. Also, when I was inside her, the comdom kept sliding forward and I had to always pull it back, but my whole penis was always covered, just that the tip of the comdom got bigger as I was inside her after a while. I dont know if I am explaining it right or not...but I just wanted to know it I am ok and If I did anything wrong.

Thank you so much.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Should I worry about this?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:41:36 pm »
No concerns here, just keep using those condoms.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:47:56 pm »
I don't see any cause for concern here as long as you always use a condom for intercourse.

Until such time as you may find yourself in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners test negative together you should alway use a condom for intercourse. It doesn't matter what you think you know about your partner's history or how great she looks or anything. A condom is a must.

This time out I don't see any cause for concern or for testing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:14:38 pm »
Andy and RapidRod,

Thank you so much for your reply. So even though I went down on her, I have nothing to worry about even though she did not use a condom in her first relationship? Becasue now I feel that after I went down on her and she told me about her past, I dont feel very comfortable going down on her. Any advise again. Thanks again in advance.

~Rod--Jazz1986~

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 09:55:12 pm »
Rod,

You should never do anything sexually that makes you feel uncomfortable.

However, feelings aren't facts and the fact is, going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:16:46 am »
Ann,

Thank you for your response. Now last night we were having sex again and I thought I would be confortable enough for it. Well it happen and after I started rolling up the condom to take it off, noticed there was blood on it. Would I be at any risk if say when I rolled up the condom all the way up to the tip of my penis before taking it off and some fluids may have gotten on my penis? She told me that she thought her perios was over, but I guess it was one of those last days. I feel as everytime we have sex, something wrong is always happening. Thank you in advance

Rod

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 10:51:47 am »
Sorry, but to add something else. I just came out of the shower and I noticed that I have this red bruise on my left side of the penis, right below the penis head, and it hurts a little. Plus my penis seems kinda swollen on the right side. I am so worried. What to do please? Thanks again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 01:56:51 pm »
jazz,

You do NOT need to worry about the blood on the condom. Condoms prevent hiv transmission whether there is blood present or not. Don't worry about the rolling and the fluids etc either. If fluids getting spread around through rolling a condom off was a problem, then condoms wouldn't protect against infection, would they. But they DO protect, even when rolling them off afterwards.

Nobody on the other end of an internet connection can tell you what is up with your penis. Whatever it is, it won't be hiv causing it. If it continues to bother you, go see a doctor.

You had no risk through protected intercourse, blood or no blood. Relax.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:20:49 pm »
Here I am once again going through the same stuff over and over. Some of you may think that I am just plain stupid and should just move on and forget about it and take the great advice that I have been given. But for some reason I can't. Well the girl I was with left me a month ago and ever since then, I have been a mess. I am trying to cope with this breakup, but my fears of HIV came up again. I keep thinking about the past and how there was blood on the condom and how it freaked me out and what if what it the condom was broken and I did not see this. All sorts of what ifs are coming up. I feel guilty for what happened because she left me and I fell for her. I don't know anymore. My mind is a mess. I don't know if I have OCD over this or what. I have dreams about HIV that freak me out and I feel as if they might be real and all sorts of other things. IS my mind playing a game with me or what. I keep analysing the past and it gets worse and worse. I want to get over this and move on, but its so hard. This is crazy and I am being crazy and I don't know anymore. I am going to stop writing because I don't even know anymore. I should be studing for class instead of this.

As always Thank YOU.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:23:29 pm »
Jazz,

While you do not need to specifically test over the bloody condom incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

If you've never tested, go test and put your mind at rest. As long as you've always used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, you can fully expect a negative result.

If you cannot keep your mind off hiv, maybe it's time to talk things over with a counselor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 05:57:15 pm »
Ann,

Thank you once again for taking the time to reply. I have had three test done before over an incident that happen 3.5 years ago of having unprotected sex for like 3-5 seconds.I dont really know if that is considered anything for those 3-5 seconds. The test were done after, the last one being done two years after the incident. I did come here to the old forum and post and you and many others gave me advice, even advice about kissing. Since the last test, I have not had any sexual activity, expect french kissing. This girl was my first true sexual relationship. Like I posted in the previous post from the start, I did use a condom both times we had sex. The second time is when there was blood on the condom and I noticed it after I rolled it off. Could the condom have broken, I hope not and the best I could see since it was a little dark, it was not broken, but there is always the what ifs. So I am a mess now, maybe its not HIV, but the fact that she left me after everything we had.

Ann for the time you take and spend reading out post, I thank you once again

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 01:30:18 pm »
Oh and I forgot to mention one more thing. In the old forums, you advised me to go for counceling and I did for about a year. I don't think it has helped, because I everytime somethings happens I think about hiv. So I don't know anymore.

Thanks again.

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 10:25:54 am »
Ok, this has to be the last time I post because this is just getting to the point of going crazy. Since I have had three test done 2 years ago like I decribed on top, and have had no sexual contact since then,only kissing, and just this summer was my true sexual contact with this girl. Should I test, even though I feel as if testing might not even help me with my fears and anxiety? Just the whole blood thing on the condom freaked me out when I saw it and I keep playing the same images over in my mind if the condom was broken or not. Please advise, I am really trying to move on, it just feels like the mind is the worst enemy and I am trying to accept all the advise that was given to me since I started this thread.

Thank you so much, and I am sorry for bothering all the experts with this stuff.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 10:37:48 am »
You are right, you are going around in circles and there is nothing anyone can help you with here. You did not have a risk and there is nothing more anyone can say. You won't find the help you need on the internet. Seek the help of a professional to get on with your life.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:01 pm »
Jazz,

You say you went for counseling and it didn't work. There are many other counselors out there and many different counseling styles and programs. Something called CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) can be an excellent tool for getting out of the habit of unhelpful, "round in circles" thinking. Try to find a CBT practitioner and give it a go. Like anything, it's something you have to work on everyday, not just once a week for the hour you're in the counselor's office. We cannot teach you CBT techniques here, you need to see someone face-to-face.

Here's the bottom line where your situation is concerned.

Condoms are effective for the prevention of hiv transmission, even in the presence of blood.

When condoms break, it is very obvious. You WOULD have noticed.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection.

For your own sake, please seek out a new counselor and give it another go. I recommend CBT, but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's right for you. There are plenty of counselors and counseling practices to choose from, find one that works for YOU.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 12:47:41 pm »
Dear Ann,

Most of all , Thnak you. I have started to look into CBT therapist in my area since my college does not offer that type of counseling. I am trying very hard to move on and lately I have had a killer headaches that will not go away and sleep does not even help. I have began to educate myself on the condoms, even thought a little late since I already used them. I just keep running the incident over and over in my head with the whole blood on the condom thing and I truely hope that when I was rolling it off blood did not get on my penis head because I noticed the blood after the whole condom was off. And I hope the condom was not broken, since I do not know what it feels like a condom to be broken or what to look for. I guess this is part of growing up and learning.

In your expert advice on everything I have said here on this thread, if I was to test would I test negative??

PS- To all the experts here on the forum, thank you for all your time and effort that you put in and the advice that you have given to people like me. I wish there was more we can say for the things you do. Thank you. :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 03:14:52 pm »
if I was to test would I test negative??

Jazz,

If you test over this incident, I would fully expect a negative result. You should too.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jazz1986

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:52:37 pm »
Hi everyone, I am back after so many months. I know that all the experts will think I am being crazy and stupid for coming back, but I just cannot stand this anymore.  Nothing much has changed since my last posts, but I still worry about this and I will tell you why. As crazy as this may seem, please read..thanks.

I keep playing the incident in my head over and over again, thinking that I missed something. What bothers me still is that I noticed the blood on the condom after I took it off me. What if some of the blood got on my penis and I did not see it? It was a little dark since we only had the nightlight on.

When I rolled off the condom, my penis was a little wet. I don't know if it was from the lubricant because the condom was the Trojan lubricated one in the blue box or from any fluids. This worries me alot. I really hope the condom was properly used and that it did not break, and maybe I did not see the hole if it was broken.

This last thing is something that I don't know how to take. Either my mind is playing a game or I am just going crazy. Ever since the incident, there are times when I would be reading something, such as a book or paper, and HIV would show up in the writing. Or I would hear about it on TV and it would happen again the next. Or me and my friend would be talking, and he would say something about HIV. WHY??? Are these signs telling me I have this or is it my mind playing a game? And while my ex and I were together before she left me, her brother said something one day jokingly about my ex having HIV and other STD's. Plus he is only 14 years old, but it look like he meant it when he said it.

To all the experts, I am sorry for bringing this up again and I know I  must sound really crazy. I am not a sexually active person. That was my first real sexual experience. Since then I have not had any sexual contact, nor do I plan because I am scared. Thank you once again for reading.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 04:07:01 pm »
You weren't at risk.

You're long past the necessary waiting period of 13 weeks. If you're going to continue to obsess about it then get tested, collect the inevitable negative result, let it go and get on with your life.

There's really nothing more to add to what you have already been told.

Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:15:39 pm »
I strongly urge you to seek the help of a mental health professional.  The instances where you "hear" and or "read" the word HIV in your everyday life were always there BEFORE your no risk incident, you just did not notice them.  But your anxiety is apparently pretty severe and only a trained professional will be able to help you deal with that.

Good luck.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.