Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:43:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773265
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 307
Total: 308

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sorry  (Read 6466 times)

Offline Growler

Sorry
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:00:50 am »
I wish to apologize to all on these forums for my behavior; there is no excuse for it I am truly sorry.

Continue to take care of each other.

With Love and my most sincerest thanks.

Joe
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline wolfter

Re: Sorry
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:21:42 am »
You're not the first and certainly won't be the last. ;)  Welcome back.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Growler

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15:19 am »
NO you don't understand. I have destroyed everything else I wont let it happen here.

This has to be stopped now I WANT a PERMANENT BAN. I can still read the site. Just forget I'm there and I cant hurt anyone.

JUST BAN ME PLEASE!!

Look monsters do exist and I have shown you that there's one here in your midst, Me. We all know that monsters MUST be destroyed! Be BRAVE and be true in your aim and you will succeed! I promise it wont hurt and the world will be better, just DO IT!!!

NO REPLIES, NO PMs, NO indecision, JUST ACTION!!!!!! Save Yourselves PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 10:19:27 am »
Thanks for the apology, Joe. It's much appreciated.

I know all too well how tempting it can be to go off on one around here, and it can be a struggle sometimes to not do it. Just watch yourself in future, ok? I really don't like giving TOs.

Ann

Hmm.... you just posted again while I was writing the above.

NO you don't understand. I have destroyed everything else I wont let it happen here.

This has to be stopped now I WANT a PERMANENT BAN. I can still read the site. Just forget I'm there and I cant hurt anyone.

JUST BAN ME PLEASE!!

Look monsters do exist and I have shown you that there's one here in your midst, Me. We all know that monsters MUST be destroyed! Be BRAVE and be true in your aim and you will succeed! I promise it wont hurt and the world will be better, just DO IT!!!

NO REPLIES, NO PMs, NO indecision, JUST ACTION!!!!!! Save Yourselves PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

I don't want to permanently ban you and I'm not going to. We all have our moments, we all have a monster inside. Next time you feel the need to vent to that extent, feel free to PM me instead of doing it in public.

Take care of yourself and don't shut yourself off from this source of support.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:58 am »

JUST BAN ME PLEASE!!

Oh Growly One,

Sleep it off and come back tomorrow.

All will be forgiven. :-*

MtD

Offline Growler

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:42:22 am »
I can see you looking at the thread Ann. I know what you're thinking. NO that would be too easy.

I'm not off my face MTD. I'm very much lucid. Monsters are like that you know.

I WANT THAT BAN. You WONT BE HURTING ME, YOU'LL HELPING ME IF YOU DO IT.

Some things can't be saved........Don't even try.

I can read the RULES.......I Will take legal action against AIDSMEDS and its affiliates......that will do it.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:44:59 am »
I can see you looking at the thread Ann. I know what you're thinking. NO that would be too easy.

I can read the RULES.......I Will take legal action against AIDSMEDS and its affiliates......that will do it.

Well I tried.

Have fun with the crazy. :)

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 10:48:44 am »

Fine. Have it your way. You're banned.

If you wish to have the ban lifted at some point in the future, send an email to forums@aidsmeds.com to let us know. Do NOT create a new account.

I think you're making a mistake, but whatever.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »
come back growler, stay and play without you the grey people have one more reason to gloat.
love
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:09 pm »

Joe,

Check the ego at the door and send that email already.  One thing I learned here a long time ago is life is bigger than me.  You screwed up the other day and have been punished for it, let it go... shit happens.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Lugzsoo

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:58:34 pm »
Yes been there done that on hear to .

Yes we all get a little bit weird and crazy sometimes  but I'm the next day I  was a little better. That how it go's in life .

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:58 am »
Hey Growler,

I wish you'd send that email to Ann and come back.

I think you do realise that you'll benefit much more by interacting with all of us, as you did until not so long ago, rather than just lurking around.

Take care.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 07:46:03 am »
Growler - I was surprised to see you communicating like that. It's not at all like you. I wonder if you didn't just "lose it" - happens to everyone.

I hope you are well.  I am more worried that you think you are a monster or something horrible and wanted to be banned.  Really don't understand why you are feeling so bad about yourself and this forum.  I always look forward to your colorful threads.  I hope you'll come back.

As for the OP in that post, I have had a few PMs with her.  She was, in fact, thinking about bug-chasers and gift-givers - all that old weird scene.  She didn't have the vocabulary or the information about any of that.  So she misspoke -- in wondering here in this forum, why that group thinks having HIV is "cool."  No big deal really, everybody needs to live and learn.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »
Growler come back. We all get spankings around here sometimes (some more than others). Youa re not a monster.

plus I need to see more pics of Sebastion the bear.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tikasingh4

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 04:18:55 pm »
Ann I know you have asked me not to post here, but I am hopeful you will make an exception this one time for  me.

Grolwer it was my thread that got you temporary banned. I am sorry that happened too. Shit happens dude, Let it go- now worries, I forgive you. Not that I am saying you need my forgiveness.  I have my bad and good days too! Hiv negative or positive. you have more of a right to post here then me. If anyone then let me never post here again. I am so sorry that my words made you that angry. :(

Come back your friends need you here! Have a wonderful thanksgiving and everything will be fine. :)
Always keep ur head up my friend.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 05:50:31 pm »
Ann I know you have asked me not to post here, but I am hopeful you will make an exception this one time for  me.

Grolwer it was my thread that got you temporary banned. I am sorry that happened too. Shit happens dude, Let it go- now worries, I forgive you. Not that I am saying you need my forgiveness.  I have my bad and good days too! Hiv negative or positive. you have more of a right to post here then me. If anyone then let me never post here again. I am so sorry that my words made you that angry. :(

Come back your friends need you here! Have a wonderful thanksgiving and everything will be fine. :)
Always keep ur head up my friend.

Dude you're taking way too much credit and please quit patting the aids infected on the head. It's very irritating. Growler's tirades have nothing to do with you and hopefully his "friends" realize it. Until he gets a handle on his monsters I'm afraid this side of an otherwise pleasant personality will appear on occasion.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 01:45:49 am »
Hey Growler, I hope you would get a handle on the monsters as suggested by others and I agree its very much needed.

Having said that, we all have our bad days! come on man, send the request to the Mods and come back! Xmas is nearing.. I was hoping you would share to your thread what have you got more for Xmas!! do it mate! We want you to be with us!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:36:39 am by Since2005 »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 07:51:16 am »
Come back Growler I miss you lots.
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:19 am »
OK, you've given yourself a self imposed "timeout".  I get that.  I've done it a few times myself.  I really enjoyed your contributions and found your humor refreshing.  I certainly miss that and I'm pretty certain you miss it too.  I hope you're still following the forums and see the positive comments. 

It's also a tad selfish to leave us wondering and worrying about your well being.  I sincerely hope all is going well and that you have the fortitude to "man up" and get past this. 

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:02 am »
Hey Joe,

It really doesn't matter what we may want, but obviously we care about you.  I've read your posts, so I know some of your demons and I understand how we each must find our own way in dealing with our issues.  I also know that we create barriers, some to keep things in and others to keep people out.  The thing about friends, is they are the ones who care enough, to scale those barriers, to get to the real person on the other side.  All I can offer is my hope that you find the answers you seek and remind you that there are people here who truly care about you.

I hope you will return, for whatever reason(s) and we'll be here when you do.  Just remember that turning away from people who care for you, does nothing to heal anyone.  We like you just the way you are and if that means helping you through some "rough" spots, then so be it.  Again, that's what friends do.

Joe

Offline Growler

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 06:28:00 pm »
Thanks guys for the messages of support and also to the moderators for their eternal patience.

I guess I owe the forum an explanation for my behavior.....and lets be clear here it's not an excuse just and explanation.

I've been having some health issues and although my CD4 count is good I was started on Atripla a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I've subsequently discovered the hard way that for some individuals it might have side affects especially if you've had depression in the past. Long story short, I've stopped the Atripla and am now feeling more "normal."

Not much of a story I now but like I said not an excuse simply the facts. I've still got some fun times ahead dealing with the underlying health stuff but I do get to play "difficult patient" so there's a bright side to the situation  :)

GROWLER (Now returning you to your regular scheduled programming)

Offline Since2005

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 07:30:06 pm »
Hey Growler!! Sorry to hear about your meds situation hope you will work it out soon with your doc.

Glad to have you back!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »
Growler, I know first hand of the psychiatric problems common to those taking Atriple (the Sustiva portion of it is NOTORIOUS for rage and suicidal behavior).

It's sad that this severe - if not deadly - side effect is glossed over, both in the literature and in the forums. You should never feel alone in what you are experiencing. Trust me, you are not.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 09:06:56 pm »
I had  a similarly bad experience with Sustiva.

Glad you're back and doing better.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 12:09:38 am »
Welcome back ... I'm on Atripla and have those days I would rather forget also .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:22 am »

GROWLER (Now returning you to your regular scheduled programming)
Good.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 08:02:38 am »
Hi Growler, welcome back.

I wonder if the doc had known went by the knickname Growler, if sustiva would have been tried....
I went nuts on sustiva and the worse part was, the doc pleaded ignorance when I started mentioning it to him.  I practically bit a student's head off one day, but walked out the room, collected myself and realized I wasn't "me". 

I hope your new combo will reassure you that these drugs can be pretty neutral.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 12:40:18 pm »
Welcome back. 
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 01:24:37 pm »
 @ Growler  G'day Mate, don't you just love this web-site  "Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in."   :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.