Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 290
Total: 290

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Confused about dumb mistake!  (Read 15260 times)

Offline ron41

Confused about dumb mistake!
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:41:41 pm »
Hello to all,
                 I was wondering if someone on this forum could give me some assistance? I am a college student and recently I made a really dumb mistake. I was at a party and throughout the night I experimented with cocaine....(first time ever...)I shared a bill with a group of people that was passed around. I read a post on this website once talking about how Hep C can be transmitted this way. My question is can HIV be passed this way? Now this was the first time I ever did this drug and I can happily say it will also be the last. However, I am now quite concerned because I have never had any risky behaviors, so I wanted to know from the experts on here.....how big is this risk? And if Hep C is passed this way, than does that mean HIV is passed as well? Thanks for the help!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Confused about dumb mistake!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:19:33 pm »
Hi Ron,

This is an HIV specific website. I can tell you without reservation that HIV is absolutely not passed via sharing rolled bills used for snorting cocaine. So no need for any worry on that count.

As for Hep C, I don't this as a risk in this incident either. It can be passed by getting an infected person's blood in your bloodstream, and I don't see that as an issue in the incident as you described it.

With regard to HIV, make sure you read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the thread which opens this section.

This time out I don't see any cause for further concern øn your part.   
Andy Velez

Offline ron41

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:17:19 pm »
Andy,
         Thank you very much for the reply! I really appreciate your quick response. Not trying to sound rude but I was wondering if Ann can comment on this because she was the one who had mentioned that Hep C was possible, and I was wondering if she could give her input on why HIV is not transmitted this way. However, I have to thank you again Andy for taking the time to help, and thank you to anyone else who could help give me some input.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 03:31:28 am »
Ron,

While there is mounting evidence that hep C might be transmitted through straws or similar used to snort drugs, there is no such evidence that hiv can also be transmitted this way.

There are several reasons, but the most important one is that hiv is way too fragile. The hep C virus, on the other hand, is MUCH more robust - and therefore MUCH more infectious. Think soap bubbles (hiv) as opposed to armadillos (hcv) and you'll have an idea.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about this incident in relation to ANY virus, unless it's a cold virus. Why? Because as a cocaine virgin, the lining of your nose would be unlikely to have been irritated to the point of bleeding. The majority of people whom it is suspected of having been infected with hcv this way were long time drug snorters. You can test if you like, but personally, I wouldn't bother. Just make sure you use your own straw/bill/whatever next time - if there is a next time. Better safe than sorry.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ron41

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:13:49 am »
Ann,
         Thank you for responding to my question....I have read posts on here before where people keep repeating and asking the same question over and over. I will not do that but I do have one last question that I wanted to clarify. Just so I fully understand, the chances of HIV being passed by sharing a bill to sniff cocaine a few times with a group of people are still almost nonexistant....but there is a chance for Hep C? Have I understood this correctly? I just wanted to cover all the possibilities. I do not know if any of these people were HIV positive, blood could have been on the dollar, and I could have had a bloody nose. However, you and Andy are saying that the chances of HIV are still low to nonexistant? I just want to cover all angles to make sure that my question was clear and that I understood the situation.

I also want to thank you and Andy for the time that you give to helping the world community on issues such as this. Your work here should be celebrated and it seems clear that you two and others on the site are very good people, and I cannot tell you how much I admire you. I find it very touching that you, Andy and others would take the time to answer weird questions from total strangers around the world. I wish you, Andy and everyone else the best of luck in all that you do. Thanks again for the help!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 04:38:51 am »
Ron,

There is absolutely NO way you could have gotten hiv from snorting drugs.

I'd say in this case, it's not likely you need to worry about hcv either. Remember, it has not been PROVEN that hcv is transmitted in this way, there is just mounting anecdotal evidence. As a result, people who work in the "harm reduction" field of drug work now recommend that people use their own snorting tool.

You can test for hcv in three months if you want to, but personally, I wouldn't bother. Just make sure you use your own in future.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ron41

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:43 pm »
Hello Ann and Andy! I just had one last question about this dumb mistake that I made. Even though you both said HIV could not be passed from sharing a dollar bill to sniff cocaine....I still decided to get a test done. Just to put my mind at ease, would you say an oraquick/mouth swab test, which came out negative at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and 10 weeks, to be conclusive? Should I go back at 12 or 13 weeks?

Also, is 12 weeks conclusive or is 13 weeks conclusive?

And lastly, would you say the majority of people would develop antibodies by 8-10 weeks?

Again, I am sorry for being annoying, but I am a college student who just wanted to ask one last question.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »
Well your one last answer is, no you don't need to test at 12 weeks or beyond. As Ann told you snorting gear is not a risk for HIV transmisison.

Now get back to class.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:05:32 am »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest % of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the virus. Testing at 12-13 weeks is acceptable. Here in the US the CDC says 13 weeks. Many other countries use 12 weeks as the testing point.

In your case it's irrelevant because snorting as you have been told is not a risk for transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline ron41

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 10:45:46 pm »
Andy and Ann,
                       I just have 2 last questions and I promise I will go away! I wanted to mention that I do not go around participating in sexual activities. However, sometimes when I'm out at the bar I will make out with a girl from time to time. Now my question has to do with french kissing. I have read that french or deep kissing is considered to be a low risk. But some websites say that you shouldn't deep kiss people you don't know, due to a risk of HIV. Now,  my question is:

1) Sometimes my gums bleed when I brush my teeth. My dentist said that I have a case of gingivitis. If I kissed someone who was HIV positive and my gums were slightly bleeding and so was hers, than could I get HIV? How much of a risk is this? Does this warrant testing? Or if you had a cut in your mouth could that warrant testing?

2) I know that you are all professionals when it comes to HIV. I was just wondering why you have different answers than other sites who claim that they have expert answers as well. Would you say that all of you are more up to date with current HIV facts?

Thanks again, like I promised......I will go away. haha.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:48:59 am »
1. NO
2. Because we live with it day in and day out.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 08:00:59 am »
Your saliva has over 14 elements which can very effectively prevent HIV from being functional.

We cannot spend time considering what other websites may put out about various HIV issues. We do know that what we say here is well grounded in science as well as experience. We're absolutely not interested in getting into arguments of the they say we say sort. We're careful about keeping up with changes in science and treatment. What a reader does with what we say is a matter of personal choice and responsibility. 
Andy Velez

Offline ron41

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:10:28 am »
Thanks everyone for the answers,
                                                 Since I have been learning about HIV, also I am educating all of my friends with the knowledge that I have learned.....I keep coming up with a few questions.

1) Who are the people that seroconvert at 6 months? Are they individuals with weak immune systems? How do you know if you are the small percent that should test at 6 months?

2) Do other things affect an HIV test or delay seroconversion? Such as Hep C, or HBV? If you were infected with Hep C or HBV do you need to test at a later date?

Thanks again, I'm sorry if I ask alot of questions, but I like to have a full understanding of potential risks. And this seems like the most credible website.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 06:02:28 am »
ron,

People who MIGHT take a bit longer than three month to seroconvert and test positive are those who are on chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, or people who have been injecting street drugs every day, for years. I think you'd know if you fell into any of thse catagories.

Hepatitis of any sort will not slow down the formation of hiv antibodies.

The vast majority of people will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks. The window period currently remains at three months to catch the rare person who takes a little longer than six weeks.

The main risk for hiv infection is unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY NEED FURTHER TESTING, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 07:19:02 pm »
Ann,
         Thanks again for the help. I am still having a difficult time understanding the issue of French Kissing. I have read many different articles where people say that French Kissing is not a risk, is a low risk, or is a risk if blood is involved. Now this is confusing because if you French Kiss someone you may not know if blood is present. I just don't understand if it is a risk or if it is not a risk.

1) If you have Gingivitis, or a cut in your mouth, does this make French Kissing risky?

2) Why does the CDC advise not to French Kiss someone with HIV?

3) Have you ever heard of a case where HIV was suspected to be the route of transmission?

4) Would you say a test at 9 weeks after a french kiss is conclusive?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:13:59 pm »
Ron, I've already mentioned about the built in protection you have in your mouth because of elements in your saliva. French kissing is not a risk for transmission. As for the CDC's comment about it, they're just covering their butt. The truth is that theoretically anytime you do anything sexual with another person there is a risk for transmission. But we know from experience that in the real world of HIV transmission doesn't happen through kissing. Period. No, not with gingivitis nor cuts or sores in the mouth, tongue or on the lips.

I wouldn't even consider testing necessary in relation to french kissing. Given that 22 is the average time to seroconversion and all but the very smallest number will seroconvert between 4- 6 weeks after an exposure, I would consider a 9 weeks negative in relation the kissing question to be conclusive.

Andy Velez

Offline ron41

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »
Hello to all!

I just wanted to mention to you that after sharing the cocaine dollar bill with a group of people, I was tested at 14 weeks, with a blood test at the doctor, and it came out NEGATIVE!!!! That same blood test also includes the french kissing a stranger with gingivitis at 11 weeks. I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind, it will make me feel much better.

1) What are the chances that my negative test at 14 weeks for the sharing of the dollar bill/and the negative test at 11 weeks for french kissing with gingivitis change at the 6 month mark?

2) Why do some people seroconvert at 6 months? What is the reasoning behind this? How do I know if I fall into that 3 percent?

3) Why do some agencies say to test at 6 months?

4) What do the majority of the HIV community consider the window period to be conclusive?

I am truly sorry to ask so many questions....I am just cautious and like to make sure that I am ok.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 01:01:14 am »
ron,

1 - No chance. Neither is a risk. You've been told this.

2 - In the RARE case someone MIGHT take a little longer than three months to seroconvert and test positive, they are people who are on chemotherapy for cancer, antirejection drugs following organ transplant, or have been injecting street drugs, every day, for YEARS.

3 - Who knows. Ask them.

4 - Because we've been at this long enough now to know that three months is enough. I fully expect the window to be reduced to six WEEKS in the next few years.

You are hiv negative. No surprise, you didn't have a risk. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

It's time to move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 09:21:10 pm »
Thanks Ann,
                   I was just wondering....just for knowledge purposes.

1) When did the HIV testing standard change from 6 months to 3 months? How did they determine that information?

2) Also, is the oraquick/mouthswab test a 3rd or 4th generation test?

3) I know you are all experts and I have to say I am impressed with all of your knowledge, is their one source in particular you all relate your info too? How do you know all of these statistics? I think it's funny how you are all much more educated than most family doctors.

4) And lastly, is your reasoning that you think the HIV testing guidelines will change to 6 weeks in a few years, is because technically 6 weeks is the time most people seroconvert? And people seroconverting after 6 weeks is rare?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 08:25:33 am »
Ron,

1 - Years ago.

2 - It really doesn't matter. You're splitting hairs with this question.

3 - We don't generally bother with statistics here. The hiv knowledge base has been gleaned from years of experience and peer-reviewed studies as published in recognised medical journals. I don't think it's funny at all that most family doctors don't know squat about hiv. It's rather sad, actually.

4 - No, it's because most people will seroconvert and test positive BY six weeks. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. Not many people take longer than six weeks to test positive. However, as the window period is still officially three months, that's what we stick by here and will do until the guideline is changed.

You didn't have a risk and it's time you let this go. As long as you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, you won't ever have to worry about the minutiae of hiv testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 01:58:11 am »
Hello All!
             I am sorry to be visiting this forum again but I wanted to just clarify a few last things....I am planning on getting engaged and I just wanted to be sure that my tests results are ok! Again I am sorry, but in my life, you experts are really a guiding light and I really appreciate all of you!

1) Since the sharing of the cocaine dollar bill with a group of people to sniff cocaine, I got a test at 15 weeks,(ORAQUICK) it was NEGATIVE!!!!/Is this conclusive????

2) Would HEP C affect an HIV test? I did get a HEP C test at 14 weeks and that was NEGATIVE!!!! ( BUT I WAS JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW IF HEP C WOULD AFFECT AN HIV TEST)

3) After French Kissing stranger, with myself having Gingivits, I got a test at 11 and 12 weeks!(ORAQUICK) Both were NEGATIVE!!!!/Is this conclusive????

4) I know you said the chances of me contracting HIV this way were slim! But now with my tests, can I move on? Or should I get tested at 6 months?

5) Are you all pretty certain, that I could NOT have contracted HIV from sharing dollar bill with a group of people to sniff cocaine, and French Kissing with Gingivitis????

Thank you and I promise, I will go on with my life!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 05:58:05 am »
Ron,

1 - Your test result is conclusive. You do not have hiv.

2 - Your test result is conclusive. You do not have hcv.

3 - Your test result is conclusive. You do not have hiv.

4 - Your test result is conclusive. You do not have hiv and you do not need further testing.

5 - There's no way on earth you would have become infected with hiv through sharing dollar bills to snort drugs nor through kissing, with or without gum disease.

Now go brush your teeth and get on with your life. You do not have hiv. Remember to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, until you and your partner have BOTH established your hiv negative status and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 12:49:09 am »
Ann,
        Sorry that I came back to ask a question....but I just read about that report about those women that pre-chewed food for their infants. Does this change your opinion about kissing with gingivitis?

1) Just so you know......I got tested at 14 weeks (99 days) after kissing a girl with gingivits....should I retest at the 6 month mark????
2) Do you still think 3 months is conclusive?
3) Does this new report change your idea about french kissing or making out?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 03:53:13 am »
Ron,

NO! It does NOT change the advice we give here about kissing. KISSING IS NOT A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION.

NO! You do not need further testing! You didn't need to test in the first place and the window period, where there has been an ACTUAL risk, is three months.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 09:58:16 am »
Ann,
        I am very sorry if I have been annoying. I have been very scared and stressed out over the past few months and I just want to get on with my life. Thank you for all of your kindess and I am going to leave this website and never come back unless I have a real problem. However, I do have one last thing I have to ask you. I had come across this in my travels, and I just wanted to know if this is something that is possible or if I should just forget.

I promise, after this I will leave, and again thank you. You are a very caring person, and I am sure you have helped numerous people over the years!

1) My last question has to do with something that I read about online. There was a report saying that Hep C can delay HIV antibodies in testing. Have you heard about this?
2) How true is this study?
3) Even though I have tested negative for HIV at 17 weeks, and tested negative for HEP C at 3 months......is this something that I should be concerned about?

Like I promised.....I am gone! Thanks again!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 10:41:55 am »
The question is not whether you are HIV positive -- you ARE NOT -- but whether you are really willing to let go of this unwarranted concern. You've been repeatedly told that neither HIV nor HCV are issues for you. They still aren't.

You're good to go. Be glad and get on with your life and stop indulging in all of this totally unwarranted drama. Is that clear enough for you?

You're going to get timed out if you come back with more of this stuff.
Andy Velez

Offline ron41

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:24 pm »
Ann and Andy,
                      THIS QUESTION IS NOT ABOUT ME....FOR A GOOD FRIEND! I AM USING MY NAME TO ASK HER QUESTION!!!!

I have since moved on with my good news and I am happy with my negative test results. However, after telling my friend about this site, she was worried about an exposure she had and wanted me to ask a question!

She had unprotected sex with a man of unknown status! She asked me if I can ask you guys to determine if her tests were conclusive....

She was tested at 7, 9, 11, 12, and 14 weeks! (SHE IS WORSE THAN I AM)

All her tests were with Oraquick/mouth swab....she went to the same places I went, which were Planned Parenthoods.

I told her that she was fine but she wanted me to ask you guys!

1) Are her test results conclusive? Does she need to test further?

2) She is a little nuts like I am, and wanted to know how accurate orasure mouth swab tests were? Do they produce FALSE NEGATIVES?

I told her not to test until 3 months but she kept testing early....but she does have two tests at 3 months, 12 and 14....

I can't thank you again for helping me with my ridiculous worries and she wanted me to say thanks ahead of time for her questions!

Thanks again!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »
Ron,

1 - She is conclusively hiv negative and does not need further testing.

2 - If the oral swab tests gave false negatives, they would not be approved for use.

Make sure you also tell your friend that she must make sure condoms are being used before she allows herself to be penetrated. Show her the condom and lube links in my signature line so she can be sure her partners are using them correctly.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »
Ann,
        Hey Ann, sorry to bother you but I was reading one of the forums about kissing. Now you have always said that kissing is NOT A RISK for HIV infection. However, I saw in one post that you wrote that unless you and the person you are kissing are punching each other in the mouth, or if you have severly bleeding gums, than you do not have a risk.

Now I clearly get where you are coming from when you say your comment about punching in the face!

But whats up with the SEVERLY bleeding gums? You have went from saying NO RISK from kissing, to A RISK FROM BLEEDING GUMS!

I'm sorry but I'm confused. Because my gums bleed sometimes when I brush, and I do not know if the woman I kissed had bleeding gums or not....I understand if you give me a timeout but could you please explain.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 04:46:54 am »
Diseases of the mouth and gums. If someone has that much blood in their mouth they wouldn't be kissing let alone a blow job.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 05:14:35 am »
Ron,

I don't recall ever saying anything about bleeding gums being a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ron41

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 06:50:00 pm »
Ann, Andy,
                 I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the help! I am currently getting some psychiatric help for my fear of HIV! I just wanted to inform all of you of my recent status.

I decided to get 2 oraquick mouth swab tests in 1 day.....after exposure 1, it has been 19 weeks and negative. After exposure 2 it has been 16 weeks and negative! I am very happy to be moving on with my negative tests! However, I just want to know one last thing!

1) Can anything delay HIV seroconversion to the point that it affects the oraquick test. Can HEP C, HBV, or any other STD affect my NEGATIVE tests?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 06:56:17 pm »
No STD will delay or alter your test results.

Offline ron41

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 07:08:19 pm »
Rod,
        Would you say you are 100 percent sure about that? Some people say Hep C could delay a test turning positive! I just really want to be able to move on with my life with my 19 and 16 week negative tests!

Thanks again, I am sure you are told almost everyday how great you experts are, but again thank you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 07:16:54 pm »
Ron,

You haven't had an "exposure" in any of the scenarios you've brought to us. You haven't had a risk for hiv infection. You don't need testing and it's no surprise your results have been negative.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about back in reply #23.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.