Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773208
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 579
Total: 580

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1638896 times)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2012, 09:20:50 am »
Am I the only person who never buys 2 liters of soda?

ps: I did, however, purchase three bottles of Jarritos this week -- Lime, Tamarind (my fave!) and Mexican Cola.

I bet you only eat Fabergé eggs too . ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2012, 09:22:57 am »
I bet you only eat Fabergé eggs too . ;) .

I really don't eat eggs very often. But I have gotten in the habit of buying 1/2 dozen every so often from a place that gets them fresh from a farm in Lancaster County, so I suppose they are AMISH EGGS.

Oh, and Jarritos doesn't contain high fructose cory syrup.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:27:21 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:56 am »
I really don't eat eggs very often. But I have gotten in the habit of buying 1/2 dozen every so often from a place that gets them fresh from a farm in Lancaster County, so I suppose they are AMISH EGGS.

Oh, and Jarritos doesn't contain high fructose cory syrup.

They are not Amish eggs anymore after you use use electricity to cool them in the fridge or cook them ya know . Those poor old free range chickens probably are sweaty mess without a fan in hen house . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2012, 10:02:32 am »

ps: I did, however, purchase three bottles of Jarritos this week -- Lime, Tamarind (my fave!) and Mexican Cola.

I never buy any soda.  I went through a phase a few years back when I would drink Diet Coke like an addict (I have always detested the sweetness of "the real thing"), but for a good while I've stuck with good ol' Evian or iced tea (or beer). 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:11 am »
I never buy any soda.  I went through a phase a few years back when I would drink Diet Coke like an addict (I have always detested the sweetness of "the real thing"), but for a good while I've stuck with good ol' Evian or iced tea (or beer).

I used to only drink unsweetened tea or water but have a new fondness for diet coke . I try to limit myself to two a day though but find myself craving them late at night so I'm thinking about ditching them . Diet drinks may be as bad for you as the real thing from what I'm reading .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:53 am »

What? No daily coffee? You're such a bad Little Brown One.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2012, 10:30:20 am »
What? No daily coffee? You're such a bad Little Brown One.

Heh, I do like coffee, but drink it only every now and then.  I guess I'm a tea queen --nothing like a lovely cup of rooibos for breakfast. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:26 am »
Diet drinks may be as bad for you as the real thing from what I'm reading .

That's what they say now.  I however doubt that drinking an empty 220-240 calories several times a day, versus having none (plus a few deadly chemicals, of course) is "as bad" as drinking diet stuff.  It's all a conspiracy from the big cola industry  ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2012, 10:40:34 am »
Heh, I do like coffee, but drink it only every now and then.  I guess I'm a tea queen --nothing like a lovely cup of rooibos for breakfast. 

Herbal tea with anti-oxidants? pft... try white mudan for iced tea

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2012, 10:54:33 am »
I gave up soda well over 15 to 20 yrs. ago due to kidney stones  :-[
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2012, 11:35:51 am »
Herbal tea with anti-oxidants? pft... try white mudan for iced tea

Oh no, I don't care as much for the anti-oxidant schtuff.  I just love its taste, especially with some rusks.

White mudan is very good. Have you tried silver needle tea (Bai Hao Yinzhen)?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2012, 11:54:39 am »
DUR!!!

We have a statistics center>? That is soooo cool !

I used to only drink unsweetened tea or water  .

I prefer unsweetened tea, Love it! I also brew it "granny style" on the stove and pour it straight over my ice.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2012, 12:02:32 pm »
We have a statistics center>? That is soooo cool !

We've been hiding it from you for the past four years under a nutritious, low-cal salad. If we hid it under a superdeluxextravagandacheeseburgerplus, you would have found it in four seconds!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »

I prefer unsweetened tea, Love it! I also brew it "granny style" on the stove and pour it straight over my ice.

I have always loved tea unsweetened and hot sometimes too . My family being southern are hooked on sweet tea so sweet it gives me a sore throat trying to drink it . When I was a kid is was a punishable act to drink the last glass of tea without making another gallon to replace it with . My friends in chicago thought it strange I always had a gallon of tea in the fridge and even stranger it wasn't raspberry or mango flavored , which I detest .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »
I never sweeten my tea. And I drink it hot more than cold except at the height of summer, though I usually keep a batch of cold in the fridge.

Wanna see my fancy Arne Jacobsen stainless steel tea set?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »

You know we do!

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »

hmm, somewhat impressive. However any real tea drinker (southerner) knows that you can't have tea in Steel  ::) If it's not in glass, it's no good.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

The historical significance, assuming you know who Arne Jacobsen is, is that this was designed for the SAS House (hotel) in Copenhagen in the late 1950's. He designed not only the actual hotel, exterior and interior, but also custom designed all of the furnishings from his famous Swan and Egg chairs all the way down to the cutlery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radisson_Blu_Royal_Hotel,_Copenhagen

If visiting Copenhagen today the hotel has maintained Room 606 in it's only complete original form.

ps: I scored my coffee and tea set in used form at a flea market in Chelsea 20 years ago, with the exception of the matching tray which had to be bought new. Tis one of my very most prized possessions.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2012, 12:35:14 pm »
hmm, somewhat impressive. However any real tea drinker (southerner) knows that you can't have tea in Steel  ::) If it's not in glass, it's no good.

shut up trailer park boy -- you don't brew tea in that you only use it for serving

... and let me know when you graduate to brewing your coffee in a Chemex pot

Offline denb45

« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »
shut up trailer park boy -- you don't brew tea in that you only use it for serving

... and let me know when you graduate to brewing your coffee in a Chemex pot

Very Upper West Side Manhattan, New York City chic'  ;)  nice tea-set miss P  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:41:53 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2012, 12:45:28 pm »

I like the handles, as well as the over-all style. Nice score!

Gotta ask, what's that white thing behind the set, the thingy that's on a stainless steel base?

Oh, and I'm jealous. That looks like a proper marble worktop. I'm getting new worktops in my kitchen, but marble they ain't. (They will be black "marble-effect" though, but they won't be anywhere near as shiny as yours.)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
I like the handles, as well as the over-all style. Nice score!

Gotta ask, what's that white thing behind the set, the thingy that's on a stainless steel base?

Oh, and I'm jealous. That looks like a proper marble worktop. I'm getting new worktops in my kitchen, but marble they ain't. (They will be black "marble-effect" though, but they won't be anywhere near as shiny as yours.)

I think you're looking at my paper towel holder. And please, that's fake marble :) I live in a rental though they just put that counter top and new cabinets in early December. It's why they jacked up my rent.

Offline denb45

« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2012, 12:54:33 pm »
I think you're looking at my paper towel holder. And please, that's fake marble :) I live in a rental though they just put that counter top and new cabinets in early December. It's why they jacked up my rent.

It don't matter where you live, or rather you rent or not, as long as you aint no drugged out homeless crazy person, your alright with me  ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »

Fake marble, maybe, but it's the good stuff, not the matt finish "marble-effect" stuff I'm getting.

Oh, and my rent will be going up quite a bit this April. It always goes up a couple quid each April, but this year it's going to be a substantial amount, closer to ten quid a week than the usual three or four.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »

My mother's kitchen is getting a total make-over, including some lovely marble top that I picked.  The cabinets were done two weeks ago; then they're doing the counter-tops this week (and the floor a month after).  It will look lovely once it's completed, but for now it is an utter nightmarish mess.

The kitchen at my own place is 100% pedestrian with white formica counters.  So not very.  My landlord is a cheap mofo who only goes for clearance items.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:13 pm »
My mother's kitchen is getting a total make-over, including some lovely marble top that I picked.  The cabinets were done two weeks ago; then they're doing the counter-tops this week (and the floor a month after).  It will look lovely once it's completed, but for now it is an utter nightmarish mess.

The kitchen at my own place is 100% pedestrian with white formica counters.  So not very.  My landlord is a cheap mofo who only goes for clearance items.

Does your mom have a spare room?

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #426 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:04 pm »
I would like it noted that dinner consisted of a negroni with salumi/antipasti, followed by ribbon pasta w/rabbit ragu and a glass of primitivo. Twas my much-delayed birthday dinner  ;)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2012, 01:19:50 am »
Miss P, I had Mexican food last night.  ;D At this mexican chain called Chili's. It's among the better options here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili's.

I really enjoyed it.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2012, 09:42:56 am »

They go flat too quickly, if you don't finish them within a day or two it's just sugar water with no fizz.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2012, 10:29:20 am »
Miss P, I had Mexican food last night.  ;D At this mexican chain called Chili's. It's among the better options here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili's.

I really enjoyed it.

You poor thing -- that's the kind of place suburban losers go to in the US. That's a fajita and quesadilla place, or rather a small part of their menu. IIRC fajita's aren't even served in Mexico proper -- it's an American bastard child item.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2012, 11:59:44 am »
I would like it noted that dinner consisted of a negroni with salumi/antipasti, followed by ribbon pasta w/rabbit ragu and a glass of primitivo. Twas my much-delayed birthday dinner  ;)

::)

I had a NY Strip with Bake potato and spinach.(btw, no sour cream on pot, only Smart Balance spread)

I am getting ready to go get Lab results which will include my presumably stellar lipid results, I have dutifully had my Oatmeal and Banana with 2 cups of columbian this morning and am ready to get my grape sucker that doc awards for great labs.

Hopwever....in celebration of my amazing lipids (which I am sure I will have) I will be going to Burger Boy after the appt for a "BAtes Special"  http://www.sanantonioburger.com/2009/01/burger-boy.html

So suck it.  ;)

I really enjoyed it.

They have great Burgers (Oldtimer and add jalapenos).

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:11:56 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »
Was a strip steak the wisest move less than 24 hours before a crucial lipid panel reading? Allergic to fish, I take it?

And I should have known you like Chili's. I think I've been in one once in my entire life.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »

I really enjoyed it.

That (along with TGI Friday's) is the epitome of middle-class pedestrianism.  When it comes to Mexican food Chili's is as authentic as Taco Hell, just a tad more expensive (and with nicer tables, I suppose).

Offline denb45

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2012, 12:28:00 pm »
oh WillyWump your so lower to upper middle-class like me, and I heart you for this, what a man, hey stud, let's find some bad food in D,C. and a nice leather gay bar, and drink some beer & play some pool, winner takes all  :P

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:21 pm »
oh WillyWump your so lower to upper middle-class like me

Wilhelmina's taste is more lowbrow hoi polloi.  Kinda cute for some, I guess  ::)

Offline denb45

« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2012, 12:49:15 pm »
Wilhelmina's taste is more lowbrow hoi polloi.  Kinda cute for some, I guess  ::)

nothing wrong with any of this, I like men, love to be around them str8 or gay, I'm one of the boys, I can hang with most, but I'm also one of the queers too, were all different, and to me that is what makes it interesting
don't ch' think?  :)  wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same, that just doesn't sound like much fun to me..

that's why I HEART all of you, love the difference we all have  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2012, 12:51:30 pm »
I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to say.

Offline denb45

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2012, 12:57:03 pm »

It aint that deep, so don't fret  :-*

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #438 on: February 13, 2012, 01:08:32 pm »

I read it as "food brings the world together."

I'm off to have lunch at my school's food court before my next seminar. Yay! 

What should I have?  I guess some "authentic" Mexican food from Salsaritas?

Offline denb45

« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »
I read it as "food brings the world together."

I'm off to have lunch at my school's food court before my next seminar. Yay! 

What should I have?  I guess some "authentic" Mexican food from Salsaritas?

Yes both food & sex brings the world together  :P you had me @ authentic healthy & fresh , sounds good d'yum  :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2012, 01:34:20 pm »
It aint that deep, so don't fret  :-*

But you are, evidently, upper middle class -- you've stated so not once but twice this week. Now tell me, is that like double-wide versus single?

Offline denb45

« Reply #441 on: February 13, 2012, 02:09:03 pm »
But you are, evidently, upper middle class -- you've stated so not once but twice this week. Now tell me, is that like double-wide versus single?

Yeah, I grew up upper middle class  in nor-cal, both parents worked, had my own room, my own car sorta (had it share my with my twin sister)   

but, I don't live like that now, not poor, just low income 200% above FPL your smart do the math  ;)

something like that (double-wide versus single?) but not quite......lol  miss p your too funny, that's why I HEART U  :-*

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #442 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:29 pm »
Yeah, I grew up upper middle class  in nor-cal, both parents worked, had my own room, my own car sorta (had it share my with my twin sister)   

How is that upper middle class as opposed to just in-the-middle of middle class?

Offline denb45

« Reply #443 on: February 13, 2012, 02:26:31 pm »
How is that upper middle class as opposed to just in-the-middle of middle class?

not sure, I looked up 200% above the FPL and I came up with very few answers, only got more statics then something factual , to me it's all very vague & relative wouldn't you say? you can look @ statics all day long, and still won't find the answer......lol  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #444 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:20 pm »
I would say having an educational degree above a mere Bachelors is a hallmark of the upper middle class. IIRC you don't possess one.

Did you also belong to a country club growing up?

Offline denb45

« Reply #445 on: February 13, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »
I would say having an educational degree above a mere Bachelors is a hallmark of the upper middle class. IIRC you don't possess one.

Did you also belong to a country club growing up?

Nope, and neither did my parents, mother was a RN and father worked for the USDA, he was a Govt. inspector of meats, so not really upper-middle-class just middle I suppose.....

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #446 on: February 13, 2012, 02:34:56 pm »
Nope, and neither did my parents, mother was a RN and father worked for the USDA, he was a Govt. inspector of meats, so not really upper-middle-class just middle I suppose.....

Well, I'm happy that's settled and you'll halt repeatedly attempting to convince us that you deserve a higher station in life.

Offline denb45

« Reply #447 on: February 13, 2012, 02:44:28 pm »
Well, I'm happy that's settled and you'll halt repeatedly attempting to convince us that you deserve a higher station in life.

You deserve what you earn in life and what you get outta it, some do , but other don't  nobody in this forum has ever tried to do any of this, we all embellish somewhat, most queers do this, I'm one myself, but, it's what it is dear  I don't think anyone here, is trying convince anyone that they deserve a higher station in life...lol don't you think that's kinda shallow  ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #448 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »
getting back on topic .....Rev.  your making this big old man hungry , so stop torturing me like this , your so mean  :P

http://www.salsaritas.com/

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #449 on: February 13, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »
Bitches please, can we keep the Socio-economic talk out of my Pancakes and Cheeseburgers thread.  ::)

Btw, I was the only one driving a Mercedes Benz  8) at the Burger Boy today..

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:04:04 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.