Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 388
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mail Order Pharmacy will not accept patient savings card  (Read 3278 times)

Offline keven

I order Epzicom through mail order which is required by my insurance. The mail order pharmacy will not accept my patient savings card which pays the co-pay. The manufacturer of Epzicom will not process the co-payment payment internally. They say I have to go through the pharmacy.

Any suggestions?

Offline mitch777

Re: Mail Order Pharmacy will not accept patient savings card
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:12:30 pm »
I contact your state's insurance commissioner and find out if it is "legal" for a mail order pharmacy not to accept.
Wish we all had better options. ::)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
Re: Mail Order Pharmacy will not accept patient savings card
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:10:33 am »
I had this issue happen to me this January. Medco was bought out by Express Scripts. I got a nice letter saying nothing would change. Then I got a nicer letter saying that I had to get all my maintenance meds through the mail-order pharmacy after two refills or pay full price.

The copay programs I participate in have ways to reimburse you. You have to call their customer service line and ask for the process. Mine involved filling out a form and providing documentation that you are required to purchase your drugs through the mail-order pharmacy.

You see, when I went back to Express Scripts and asked where it was in writing I was required to submit my scripts to their mail-order pharmacy, I found out they were blowing smoke. They wanted me to submit my scripts, but they couldn't require me to submit them.

Bottom line -talk to your insurance provider. Request written documentation you are required to submit the scripts to their mail-order pharmacy. If they cannot provide you the written documentation, you should still be allowed to fill your scripts locally -as I am.

If they do require you to submit to the mail-order pharmacy, you're going to need the documentation anyhow. You'll then have to pay for the script out-of-pocket, then submit for reimbursement from your copay program using their forms.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.