Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:48:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is carrying an umbrella  (Read 49133 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is carrying an umbrella
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:38:48 am »
Good morning ladies!  I know I started the last thread, but it's a new day, and we needed a new thread. 

MplsLady: Welcome, welcome, welcome to the thread.  You are officially not alone.  I've been here almost a year and I can't imagine what I ever did without these ladies.

LM: LOL..that was a duct tape moment.  We've had to padlock our upright freezer, and our laundy room.  We have 3 autisitc kids and 1 with a duel diagnosis of autism and MR.  We'd wake up with meat thawing in the dryer, or liquid detergent dumped in the icecube trays.  After a year of missing food and frozen detergent, we padlocked them this summer. 

Snow, I have SO done that!!  Heck, diapers are expensive.  When i had 5 in diapers, they would forever take each their diapers off and run around nekked.  So, I would chase after them with duct tape.  The bad part came when i couldn't find scissors to cut them out...LOL.  Or, when we were out in public and I had to buy scissors because I forgot to bring them.  You can imagine the looks I got when someone walked in and here I am wtih my 4yr old son on the changing table with a pair of scissors and him saying, "No cut me winky."  How I've not been arrested...LOL.

Betty, hun, no thanks necessary.  You touched my heart the 1st time I came here.  You are my hero and always will be.

Queen, did you ever figure out where the meetings are?  I assumed they were at your ASO.

I think I got to everyone.  If I missed someone, I'm SORRY!  I need to feed my rambling horde and get the day started.

Much love :-*
Mum

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
Re: Ladies' Thread 46: Faith is carrying an umbrella
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:31:00 am »
Good Morning Ladies

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I went in to get my labs done. They also sent me to the head doctor and to the dentist.  Besides that nothing really really interesting happening in my world. I'm trying to keep my head in these books so I can graduate next year.

MplsLady: Welcome to the Forums. You are among a bunch of great women

Betty: How is school going for you.

Snow: Hiya

To all my other ladies I Love You Guys!!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
I dont know why but I am feeling blue today. Its probably hormones.

I'm thinking today has to be the day of stupid questions here.
Step sons girlfriend has asked me

Is this your soda?

My first thought is "Did you buy any coke?" Knowing full well it is mine. She was just asking because she wanted some. No big deal.

Second question while she was folding towels from the drier.

Is this ya'lls towel?

My first thought. Well if its not yours its obviously mine. The answer is yes it is my towel.

My favorite mop broom got broken accidently. No big deal but it was worth mentioning. I'll have to replace it myself I am sure. Plus I am thinking they wont be buying any detergent or toilet paper while here.

I guess I am in a mood to bitch. Even though I am so mellow you'd never think I was annoyed. Hormones...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 11:40:50 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, I forgot to mention you last night when I posted and I thought about it when I was in bed.  I was just too tired to get up and edit my post.  Anyway, I wasn't saying because you didn't vote in whatever that was (neighborhood something) that you couldn't bitch.  I mean people who don't vote in the big elections.

LM, I think (even though it's been years since I had a little one) you did the right thing.  Those pics you posted of Lucas are so cute. 

Queen, good for you for registering to vote!  I wish everyone felt like that.  I have a niece who doesn't believe in voting because of the electoral college.  She doesn't realize we're the ones who elect them in, and they're also influenced by popular vote.  Well, all I have to say is I better not hear her bitch.  This election is way too important.

Mum, thanks for starting the new thread.  Like the title also.  Have you heard from Mini's PID yet?

Keeping, I hear ya on keeping your head buried in the books.  My classes are hectic.  You've probably already read about my frustrations with the Microeconomics class.  I will be soooooo glad when it's over.

Wendy, it bothers me when someone stays with me and doesn't buy anything.  But, I have to remember I have to kind of lay out the rules with them.  That's why, when Alex was staying with me, I couldn't really get mad at him when he wasn't paying.  I never told him what I expected.  He finally did give me some money, but only after I mentioned something to him about it.  People who don't offer money when they have it to offer I think are rude (when they're staying with someone else and using the facilities, amenities, etc.).   Most of the people I know now would offer money for staying somewhere; but there are those people who just don't.  It seems they want to see how much they can get away with for as long as they can.  It's irritating, I know.  Well, I don't really know 'cause I only had one person staying with me.  I couldn't imagine what I'd be like if there were 3 or 4 people and no one doing anything.  I'd probably explode.  I don't know why sometimes it's so hard for us to say what we expect upfront.

I really don't have any news.  Today I'm supposed to get my glasses.  I'll be so glad to be able to see things at a distance again.  And, it says on my license I'm supposed to be wearing glasses.  So, what I've been doing is driving with my sunglasses on; that way if I'm ever pulled over, I'll tell the police they're prescription.  I don't know if that would work or not (probably not), it's just a thought.

Tonight is my government class.  We're supposed to have our first exam.  I can't believe after tonight there's only five more weeks of these classes left.  Next week will be the 1/2 way mark.  It seems the older I get, the more time goes by quickly.  When I was young, even into my early 30's, time seemed to drag ass.  Not like that anymore; well, not too often.  Have a good afternoon ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:55 pm »
Anybody want a nearly 9yo son?  He's blonde and really cute and totally annoying me at the moment.  That's why I'm on in the middle of school...LOL...otherwise, I'd be choking him (not really, but maybe).  He's decided that he is NOT going to do any work and has informed all that he doesn't care if he sits there all day and night for the rest of his life, he isn't doing anything.  Well, I guess THAT settles it, then.  I'm trying to be calm and rational and all that.  Problem is that I'm not a calm or rational human being. 

I was going to take him and Mini to our church Thursday morning to make apple dumplings, but I'll just make it a point to remind him that he's not going because his work isn't done.  AND, the kids are supposd to go to church on Saturday morning to make cookies that will be sold Sunday morning.  The money is going to buy stuffed animals for the kids who are at the Mission (homeless shelter) over Christmas.  I hate to punish him from that, too, but I'm thinking after he's left here on Thursday, he'll rethink his "no work" position.  OH, and he's not allowed to have any outside or quiet time (the only time they watch TV) until his work for today is done.  So, there he sits.

Oh, and LM, this is a combo situation: bungee cords, duct tape, AND hot glue. ;) - just in case you're taking notes.

PID hasn't called, so I'll be calling her back after lunch and leaving the exact same message, except now there are 4 days of Zerit left.  I'm already seeing that I'm going to have to modify Mini's math work.  I tried to simplify it, but it's not working out.  Dysgraphia is a serious blue donkey-butt. 

My morning gripe session is now over.  I hope you all are having a better hump day than I am. 

Love to you all!
 :-*Mum

edited to add: the title came from a cross-stitch thingy in my bathroom (I'd just gotten out when I logged on).  The complete quote is, "Prayer is asking for rain.  Faith is carrying an umbrella."  So, ladies, even if the sun is shining - go get those umbrellas!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:16:14 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 12:14:15 pm »
Hi GFs~

I am at home today, taking a day for ME.  I worked so far ahead at work these past two days, that tomorrow shouldn't be so bad when I return.  I guess that's why no one ever thinks I do anything at work.  I do it with lightning speed and get the shit off of my desk asap.   ;D

My mother called Monday and didn't leave a voicemail (VM).  Then she calls yest on my drive home from the docs and leaves a VM.  I didn't want to listen to it, but I did.  I love Karma!  Mom leaves this VM about my brother staying in town for two weeks and to call her.  Nope, nothing about being a bitch to me last Sunday, as if it never happened.  The Karma part?  She has laryngitis so she really can't talk!  LOL  Did I mention I really didn't want to listen to her crap anyway?  Hee hee!  I sent my brother a text and he ended up calling.  He may be in town as soon as this weekend.  He's in the Army down south, and may be redeployed overseas again sometime in the next few months, not sure.  He's been back and forth about 6 times now.

I have been really tired lately, or maybe just sleeping more soundly until that usual 330am wake-up thing I have.  I wake up at 330am, usu with high blood sugar.  Last night I was hot as hell and tested, I was 133, which is good for me overnight.  I cracked the bedroom window cause the nights are cooler here this week.  I think that fresh cool air just got to me.  I didn't fall back asleep, but I sure was tired when that alarm went off at 530am.  I snoozed until 6am, and then said nah, screw it.  They'll be fine without me.  Plus, I still have leave left and haven't called out in a few months.  I really needed the rest.  I still feel sleepy.

Yes, Queen, I have been following my division with the NFL.  I heard it was a good game from my coworker.  I wear my Redskin crocs to work everyday now cause they make my back feel better!  :D

Betty, congrats on 2 months!  You really displayed some willpower when you got that stuff in the mail.  Good job!  Are you getting 3 credits for your class, and is it just 1x a week?  Seems they are over before they start, never very long-lived.  That should make it easier if its something you don't have at the top of your list.

Win, sorry to hear about how spooky Houston looked.  I can't imagine.  I would put my foot down at home and ask when they are going to start paying you something to stay there, even if its only $75/mo or so, cause you know they'll eat that in food, and use it in TP.  :D  Maybe say that on Oct 1st you'll start "collecting rent."  Then they can slide a little cash your way, even if its late.  Are either of them working?  I forget.

The four of us bookkeepers sat around talking yest, incl PITA.  We all got along well.  We were discussing the cross-training and we all admitted we didn't really understand the benefit of it.  All its doing is confusing the entire company as to who does what in our dept.  I admitted that even though I was catching on to everything, I agreed that I didn't see what great results the changes would bring.

OK, I have to get motivated to go to Walmart.  For the first time in my life I REALLY have no money.  Savings was depleted last week, and now gas is going on my credit card so I can get to work.  I am doing my 1x/month grocery run and charging it.  I'll never get out of debt at this rate.  Well, maybe, but I'd have to get a lot of bonuses or raises at work.  I am holding out for that.  I have to work to keep my benefits.

Crap!  Almost forgot to post about the docs visit.  He added a few labs onto my usual routine, and then I said I would follow-up in October.  He thinks this may be long-term effects on my CNS due to the Sustiva and for being on meds for so long, but we can't be sure.  He said that as a last-ditch effort I could do a 4-week drug holiday, but that's only a last resort.  I told him I feared resistance and opening up a can of worms, messing up my CD4 and VL, which are good now.  He is in control and I am happy.  I feel like I have been taking care of myself, with no help.  I'm really glad I found this new doc.  This was my third visit to him, since April.

More tonight.  Anyone watch The Biggest Loser?  I liked it, should be fun!  :)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:30:28 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »
Mum, that story about your 9-year old is funny (him not caring if he sits there forever).  I needed to read something humerous.

Cin, yeah, the classes are 3 credit hours each, even though we meet for four hours each week.  So, this eight weeks I'm taking two classes (6 credit hours), the next eight weeks another two classes (6 more credit hours).  So yeah, in one semester (which is 16 weeks, divided by 2 8-week sessions) that'll be 12 credit hours.  It's pretty intense, because for the 8 week classes, they still shove 16 week's worth of work. 

Just wanted to stop in for a minute before I eat and try to do some micro.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:26 pm »
You are doing good Mum. He will give in eventually. They always do.

I just felt like bitching Cindy. I'll let Billy worry about getting anything out of them. Its his blood relative not mine. I'll be sure to let the dishwashing detergent run out and the laundry detergent and this is the last pack of toilet paper I'll buy for the month.  :)

You are right Betty. My problem is once I open my mouth I cant seem to close it.  ;D

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 04:38:46 pm »
Hello everyone.
Lucas has been his more usuall good self today. We had a wonderful time playing in the park :).
If it wasn't for his pharmacy it would be a great day. Lucas is on Videx which has to be mixed by the pharmacy then kept re fridgerated. It is only good for thirty days. He's been on this since November '06 and has been getting it from the same pharmacy every month that whole time. I called Monday morning to order his refills which should have been available Tuesday at three although I had enough through Wedsday. Tuesday night I had to run out for milk so I called the pharmacy so  they would start mixing his medicine. There was a screw up and they didn't have his request. I asked them to fill his order then and they said they didn't have the Videx. They said it was too late for an overnight delivery, but they would have it sometime Thursday. I said that wasn't good enough. With pushing they agreed to try their other pharmacy site in the morning. This morning I waited till the pharmacy had been open an hour then called. They said the other site didn't have Videx either, but hadn't bothered to call >:(. I was so hot, but kept my voice cool. They finally said they would try calling other pharmacies to see if they could get it. Unfortunately Lucas is apparently the only one on the liquid Videx in our part of the state so no one else had it. They said they would have it before noon Thursday and that being late but not missing a dose shouldn't be a big problem ::). Thank God I'm always paranoid about running out. When I measured what was left in the bottle I actually have enough for Thursday. Sorry, I just needed to vent.

Minismom - Thanks for the picture of things to come LOL. Good luck with your standoff! I love the title by the way.

Betty - My hats off to you. I don't think I could take your class schedule now that I've been out of school so long. Good luck!

Winiroo - My family are great house guests in that they always want to help out with cooking/cleaning and they insist on buying food even though they don't usually stay more than a few days. Even though they are great guests, I miss my freedom and am glad the visits aren't too long (I need MY space). I'd feel bitchy too if they stayed indefinitely and never helped out. Any time you need to vent feel free ;).
Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 06:23:27 pm »
Hey Ladies--

I did miss the support group but I will be going next week. Today there was an advisory meeting at the same place the group was so I went to that. I will go to the group next week. But while at the meeting, I had been listening to what others had been saying and also noticing that beside myself there was only one other female there. I also expressed wanting to work with those newly diagnosed so I am thinking, not sure though, that they might make me a Peer Advocate which would mean I would have to go through training. I just feel I would be more help there because my town is not really supportive of people with HIV or AIDS. I did refer a gay guy to the Poz site for support and knowledge. That was my good deed for today but I do feel that I want to be more involved.

Cindy, Yes, it was a helluva football game, one of the highest scoring of the season I believe they said. When do we play your Skins?

I will check back later, I have dinner going.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »
DallASS plays Skins on my birthday weekend  :(  11/16

:P

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:24:53 pm »
DallASS plays Skins on my birthday weekend  :(  11/16

:P

And by the time we're done with them, their booties will match their uniforms.... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MplsLady76

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »
Hello Ladies,

First I have to say WOW. I loved the 9 year old son. I don't have kids yet, but I can relate.

Today was a better day. I currently work for a major bank. I am a coordinator hoping to move up to becoming a supervisor. The issue is that in this company everyone can apply for the job. So if I want to move up, I have to apply, interview, and pray for the job. That sucks. On top of that, it does not pay as well as other banks. I though about changing jobs, but that would be a huge mistake. I found out there are over 75 applications per 1 job opening.

I have an appointment next week for my quaterly check up. I am interested to see how my stress levels have been affecting my viral load. My CD4 count has been doing good. Around 450. My viral has been staying below 10,000.

This is all due to my life at home. It is a long story. Maybe next time I post I will explain. It might be nice to hear other points of view.

Currently, I have been living in my room surfing the net. I do get out, but it is becoming increasingly cold. This worry me because I don't want to become sick. Last year I got sick and it took almost 2 months to recover.

Thank you again for allowing me to join the party.

Love all of you.

Mpls Lady
**We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind, and Happiness will follow you, as your shadow, unshakable.**

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:10:24 pm »
Hi MPLS, and welcome to the Forums.  I just looked up an old thread where we have all done our "introductions."  Feel free to post your story there and read about us as well!  :)  I am Reply #22.  "By way of introduction."

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=11765.0#bot

~Cindy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:34:42 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Aylaeight

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 10:18:16 pm »
Aha!  So this is the Ladies' thread.  I get it now :)

I am Ayla and am the negative (adoptive) mom of two positive kids - a first grader and preschooler.  They have been with me for less than a year but are doing fantastic.  My oldest has been on meds since she came to our home and has been undetectable the whole time.  Her CD4 count inexplicably took a plunge about four months ago and a med dosage adjustment didn't help, so we are looking into that when we see the PID next week.  My preschooler has never been on meds and maintains a VL less than 10000, CD4 counts in the high average range.  Go figure!

Anyway, I am glad to join the group!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:50 pm »
Welcome to the ladies area of AIDSmeds Aylaeight. We look forward to getting to know you.

My name is Wendy. I've been positive for 16 years. I tested positive while pregnant with my youngest son Justin. He passed away at the age of 4 in 1997. My husband Michael was bisexual. He passed away in 2001. I live in Texas and have a great boyfriend named Billy who has been positive for 18 or 19 years.
Billy has a son Jon that is 20 years old and I have a son that is 19 years old his name is Aaron.
Billy's son and his girlfriend Amber and their baby Haley are living with us temporarily while he is in the process of getting a job with a small town sheriffs office. Aaron lives in his own apartment right now.

Offline minismom

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:45:45 pm »
You'll all be happy to know that 9yr old made it, but Hubby's continued existence is questionable at this point.  The Boy didn't get all his work done, and wound up breaking the calculator he was using.  Hubby's answer to it: quit letting him use a calculator because when he's taking a test for a job he won't be able to use a calculator.  First, the boy is 9! Second, he's dysgraphic (the blue butt donkey, remember?), and he's autistic.  AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!  So, I modify my last post to ask who wants a 41yr old Hubby who cleans a mean kitchen. ;)

I sat here and almost cried.  Instead, I went and colored my hair.  Then, I got mad because I picked the color, cafe con leche, because it's the way Hubby drinks his coffee.  And if that's not stupid enough, remember that i'm now stuck with a hair color that's a tribute to someone I'm mad at. 

Welcome, Ayla!  I'm the mum of 6 - 1 of whom, Mini, is poz (that's her in my avatar).  She just turned 8 and has been on meds since she was born.  It took her nearly 2yrs to become u/d.  She has multiple comorbid conditions that were originally attributed to "something" other than HIV.  Now, I know better.  If you have any questions, or just things you want to share, feel free to either post here or you can PM me.

Well, ladies, i'm off to read before I go to bed.  I feel like I need to try and work something out to revamp The Boy's curriculum.  EEERRRGGG! >:(

Much love, honies.
 :-*Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:21:03 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, I don't know how you could stand having them stay there without saying anything when they're taking advantage of you.  I would probably explode.  I'm glad you can vent here.  We're here ya know.

#1, that situation with the Videx sounds very frustrating.  It seems to me that I was on Videx (not the liquid probably) years ago.  That med just sounds awfully familiar.  I hope you get some soon so you can stop worrying.   You know, going back to school was one of the hardest things I've done.  I graduated from high school (through adult ed) in 1983.  And the last time I was in a classroom before I went back a year and 1/2 ago was 1989.  So, it's difficult, but I also like to learn new things.

Queen, I think that's fantastic that you want to get involved with people who are newly diagnosed.  I feel like, who else to better help them than someone who actually is HIV+? 

Mpls, you're living in a room?  Do you live in a boarding house?  And do you have heat (you mentioned it getting cold)?  I wouldn't want you putting your health in jeopardy.

Aylaeight, welcome to our ladies' family!  I'm so glad you found us.  Please keep us updated on your oldest.  We get to worrying around here. ;)

Mum, hee hee.  Sorry, I'm not buying your hubby.  I've been married twice and that's enough for me.  I'll check things out with a few of my single friends though. ;)  What's your asking price?

Class went well tonight (government).  The teacher is going to e-mail us our exam, he said by 3:00 tomorrow.   So, I'll be working on that most of the day I'm sure.  I have to do laundry and tomorrow night is my HIV support group.  Other than that, just thought I'd drop by.  Have a good night ladies.

Offline MplsLady76

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 11:58:04 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Betty, I don't live in a boarding room. I rent a townhouse with two guys. I like it because it is quite, but for the most part I miss living in the city. I stay about 15 miles outside of Minneapolis. I work in Minneapolis and I like it. However it is nice to get away each day. The hardest part is seeing my friends or meeting new people. Cause I live so far out it makes it tough to get into town. Mostly cause of gas prices.

I am a home body person. I love watching movies. I do enjoy it.

Well, I better go to bed. Good Nite to all.

MplsLady
**We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world. Speak or act with a pure mind, and Happiness will follow you, as your shadow, unshakable.**

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 02:49:01 am »
Hi GFs~

I woke up hot and bothered and not in a good way, mind you, lol.  My sugar was 229 at bedtime, so I took my 2 insulins at 1030pm and now here I am with a BG of 45.  I just ate 2 brownies  :D and I am waiting for them to kick in.  This doesn't help my sleep, which I have REALLY needed lately. 

Mum, sorry you're pissed at hubby.  Maybe you could use duct tape on HIM and dye HIS hair a color that everyone would be sure to notice?  Then when the color grows out, make sure you promise NO TOUCH-UPS for him, just the dreaded STRIPE down the center?  Hang in there, and if he's blonde, use Grecian formula and if he has dark hair we'll channel in some Heather Locklear L'Oreal for him, ok?   :D  There's always hot glue......

Welcome to Ayla and again to Mpls.  :)

Betty, I used to be on Videx, what Lucas is taking.  I took it along with Sustiva and Zerit a few years ago before the lipo issues set in.  What I wouldn't give to have had an exam emailed to me in college.  We didn't have email back then!  :P  We also didn't have the privacy of our home and an entire day to work on it.  I wonder if a lot of classes are like this now?  Betty, are you in adult education classes or mixed in with the spring chickens who just got out of high school?  Curious to see how things are done these days.  Part of the reason I don't go back to school is cause I'd probably knock any annoying 19yo in the nose who wouldn't shut the hell up in class, but that's just me.  Its a financial thing, lol.   "Shut the hell up because I've spent good money to take this course!"  :o

OK, I think my sugar is back to normal, and will prob rebound to 300 by 6am when I (try to) get up.  Sigh, lol.  Nighty-night.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:52:09 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 08:10:59 am »
Cin, the teacher is e-mailing us our exam because he said there were parts of it he didn't like, so he was going to redo it.  And he can't push it back to next week, because the week after next we have another exam.  And believe me, this guy's exams are not easy just because we get to take them home.  We have to research answers; not all of them are in the book.  I mean, they have to do with the subject matter we've read (3 chapters a week), but the answers require more than just the book reading. 

I've gotten an associate in law enforcement and also certified as an executive medical assistant.  Until I came to this accelerated school, I've never had take home exams either.  I think there's just too much to remember in a short time to expect us to know everything without a peek into our books (or being able to research the answers).  Not every class I've taken here is open book or take home either.  In fact, most classes aren't.  There are only a couple teachers who (sometimes) allow take home.  So, I'm not spoiled or anything.

It's mostly adults at the school.  Thank heaven.  I feel like you Cin, that if there were some spoiled brats in the class, I'd definitely lose my temper.  In my government class there's a younger girl that sits next to me, but she keeps her mouth shut most of the time.  I've spoken with her a couple times and she seems pretty mature.  I don't know if I could go back to traditional college where it's mostly kids out of school. 

Anyway, I know I'm on early, and I don't have anything else significant to report at the moment.  But, I  just wanted to respond to Cin's questions.  And girl, I hope your blood sugars get better.  I hate it when my blood sugar crashes, even worse than when it's high.  Good luck.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:57 am »
Good morning!

Mum- Funny about the 9yr. old...you weren't being mean at all. Kids have to learn there are consequences to their actions.

Welcome to Ayla and Mlps! These ladies are so wonderful! I don't know what I would do without them.

Well tonight I have Back to School Night which I absolutely HATE! I have to talk about the whole school year to a room full of parents. I do not like talking in front of people. Yes, I know being a teacher I do that all day but they are kids not adults. What makes it worse is that some of the parents at our school are too involved if you know what I mean. They like to tell the teachers what they should do and how they should do it. We have a high Asian population and there is a lot of competition among them. They push their kids so much. Most of my kids come to school all day and then go to a "tutoring center" until the early evening. Some barely have time to be kids. I just get so nervous....oh well it will soon be over. :) Tomorrow night we have a Back to School Family Picnic which is fun. They bring in a Carl's Jr. truck for food, or you can bring your own, and kids, teachers, and their families can come and eat and listen to music (there is a D.J.) It's fun.

Nothing else to report.... ;D

tendai

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:53 am »
im so shocked! my boss paid us in forex! $50US! knock me over with a feather.  its not all that much now that the rates have plummeted coz illegal forex dealers are panicked about the new government and noone knows whats in store for us  exactly.
welcome Mpls - im also a homebody, sit me down in front of a good film and i'll never step outside. so i guess its a good thing our bathroom is outside otherwise i'd never step outside on weekends!
alya - welcome to the forum..
viv - good luck with teh back to school thing. i also hate talking in front of people ever since i was a kid. have fun at the picnic!
i gotta split , its almost home time and im so hungry all i can think of is food right now. i'll properly catch up with u later
take care ladies

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 11:23:16 am »
Morning Ladies---

Sorry to hear that your sugar crashed, Cindy. I think the Lantus shot is working better, my past 3 fasting sugars have been between 175-160 which was todays. I am up to 24 units tonight, I predicted 25 would get me at 100. So we shall see.

Betty, Yeah, a few of the people who work at the ASO thinks I would a good Peer Advocate. So, I am hoping that they will take me seriously and let me be one. I may call the one case manager and see what she says.

Not much for me to report either. I am just waking up so I am trying to clear out the cobwebs.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »
Queen- I think you would be a good peer advocate too! You are good at getting your point across and don't take any shit. 

Welcome to the new ladies!  Mpls and Ayla

Ten- I don't know how you deal with the not knowing, I think I would be a mental case.  I have been thinking of you.

Viv- Who is Carl Jr?  I hope today went well and you had fun tonight.

Win- Those questions would drive me bonkers too, my sarcastic side would show its ugly face.

Betty- Hope your exam is going well and you had a good time at your support group!

Moon- Where you on the liquid Videx or the chewable?  I had the chewable and hated, HATED them.  This atripla  I take now ,one time a day is a beautiful thing.  I hope you are feeling better!

Mum- LOL!!  You are too funny!  That is just a small detail, that your son has like 7 to 10 years before he actually applies for a job that might give him a test!!  Tunnel vision is wonderful, isn't it?

I haven't been up to much.  Went to football practice tonight and froze so I went and sat in the car.  I am all messed up this week as far as what day it is, it doesn't feel like tomorrow is Friday, at all.  I am reading James Pattersons "Lifeguard" and trying to clean up around the house.

I hope all you lovely ladies are doing well.

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:02 pm »

Viv- Who is Carl Jr?  I hope today went well and you had fun tonight.

He is "Ronald McDonald"   :D    :D    :D

Sorry, just had to!

I took Videx pills that I swallowed.

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 05:51:23 am »
Good morning ladies.  Another sleepless night and I'm back to my stuffy nose and coughing.  Don't worry, though it is NOTHING like the 10mth-lung-yeast-infection mess that I just got over.  This is just the typical sinus / allergy crap that seems to be going around.  Yes, I'm still taking Zertec every morning but it hasn't been working the past few days. 

Last night at the dinner table, Hubby looks at me and says, "we need to get another cheap calculator for Mini - I just don't see her doing higher math (multiplying / multi-step) without one."  I was ready to leap over the table and strangle him!  And, to top it off, Mini looks at him with those big brown eyes and says, "Thank-you, Daddy."  Thank-you WHO???  Oh, good grief!

#1 had a baseball game last night and they won 8 to 5.  Son whacked it and got on base all 3 times up and even managed to steal 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and a full count on the runner.  He went on to home and scored the 1st run. ;D 

Queen: I, too, think you'd be a great peer counselor.  You have a good mix of sympathy and "get over it".  Let us know how it goes.

LM: I'm with you on the "oops, we don't have your meds" pharmacy thing.  It burns my butt.  Especially since, like  you, I call WAY before the prescription is due for a refill to make sure they have it.  And, if not, get them to order it.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 

When Mini was on liquid Zerit, which they don't mix until i get there to pick it up and it takes forever because it was 8 bottles, some new girl handed it straight to me.  I didn't think anything about it and was greatful I didn't have to wait.  Then, I get home and find out it wasnt' mixed - still powder.  So, I called the pharmacy, which was about to close, threatened them if they didn't stay open since this was their mistake, and made the 23-mile trekk back over there.  I was FUMING!  The pharamcist had the NERVE to complain about having to stay open 15 minutes past closing.  Well BOO-HOO!  I'm so glad she's on pills now.

Betty: how'd the exam go?  I didn't realize you were in an excellerated program going at break neck speed.  That would blow my brain.  Continued good luck, hun.  The end is almost here.

Moon: how's the job going?  Are things getting any better at all?

Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 08:32:32 am »
Well Back to School Night is over....YAY! It went well. I covered most of the stuff I needed to which was good. I always have the parents fill out a form about their child which ask them to put their hopes for their child and their strengths and weaknesses. I also have them include anything that is going on at home that they think I need to know. I like reading what the parents put. That is probably the best part!

Mum-Well I'm glad Mini is getting her calculator back. Relief for you right?

Snow-LOL! Carl's Jr. is just a hamburger place like McDonalds or Burger King.

Today is Friday!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Talk to you all later!

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 09:15:03 am »
Good Morning Ladies. Well, I finally got Lucas' medicine. I called yesterday at 1120 because I had been told it would be available by noon and they hadn't called. A girl with a major attitude >:( told me they just got a big shipment in and that it was probably there but they hadn't had time to go through it yet ::). She said they would call as soon as they confirmed it was there. Lucas had OT (done in our home) so we were busy till 1:30 but no calls came in. I got Lucas changed and down for his nap then called again. After being put on hold for awhile she finally comes back and says yeah its here but not ready to be picked up. When pressed she said that they needed to mix it and would do that when I arrived. Thankfully, I had enough medicine for the day. I decided to get the medicine after my grocery shopping that evening. I called as I was loading the groceries in the car and asked them to start mixing his medicine. They agreed, but oops hadn't gotten to it by the time I arrived 30 minutes later. They apologized and said it would be just a minute ::). Thirty minutes later I finally got his medicine >:(. Unbelievable! Hopefully this never happens again. One of the Pharmacists I talked to Wedsday gave me her name and hours and said to call and ask for her from now on when ordering his medicine. Sorry for going on like that, I just needed to get it out of my system.

Mum - I'm sorry you've had the same kind of problems. It's like they don't have any concept of how important it is. I'm glad minis on pills now. Did the Doctor ever call to change her medicine? It sounds like your hubby and mine are a lot alike  ::). They just don't look at things the same way as us. It's a good thing we love our men or they would be the ones with duck tape, bungee cords & hot glue LOL. (Speaking of duck tape, Lucas presented me with a dry diaper and wet crib yesterday so I guess it's duck tape here I come LOL.) Congratulations to your baseball star. I hope you feel better soon.

Cindy - I hope you feel better. Those big blood glucose swings really take it out of you.

Well I better get going. I hope everyone has a Blessed day. Thanks for giving me a place to come and vent or chat where people understand :-*.
Amy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 03:20:52 pm »
We dont have Carl's Jr.s here either. But I've seen one on a road trip before.

#1 "makes me think of Star Trek's William Riker" I'd want to choke those pharmacy peeps silly

I'm not a sports fan but I am going to a baseball game tonight. The Texas Rangers vs who knows I dont care. LOL Supposedly they are good tickets and I should be excited. Billy got them from a business meeting. The upside is that there where 4 tickets and Billy gave the other two to a gal pal and her boy toy so I should have fun even though I hate sports.

I've been sleeping during the day more often. I think I am trying to get my own space. No one bothers me when I am asleep and in my room. I likely need more sleep anyway.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 05:05:16 pm »
good afternoon my virally enhanced sister hood
welcome to the new ladies :) glad you found us
sorry ladies that i haven't been on
daughter update well she finally came home but she tells me I have only come to get some things I'm staying with a friend like I don't know its the guy, anyhow a week goes by and she come by wants a ride to my sisters, later that day right after my dentist appt( they pulled 2 teeth ouch) my sister calls to tell me my daughter realizes she made a mistake but doesn't want to admit it to me so shes moving in with my sister, which is better then the guy but my sister is having a hard time right now and is getting ready to lose her house our mom already lives with her, so I must be this really bad person that my daughter would rather live there then with me where she'll want for nothing, and may I deserve all this who knows anyways i haven't really felt much like being or doing anything if I don't pull my head out of my $$$ I'm going to end repeating this semester Ive already gotten bad scores on 2 tests this last week, you know something gotta break and at this point it feels like its going to be me. it seems lately I'm more down then up and I'm always freaking out about something sorry to let it all out here I have got to get homework done hope everyone is good
Love Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 06:01:48 pm »
Try not to blame yourself Brandy. Our kids do some fucked up stuff sometimes. It isnt always our fault. I keep trying to tell myself that all the time about my son. Who BTW keeps me awake at nights often worrying about him because he is consistantly doing things that make me shake my head and wonder or he is doing the opposite of what ever I tell him because he thinks he knows more than I do maybe.
If I didnt love him so much I swear I'd have to kill him sometimes.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
Evening ladies,

I hope this posts. I came on this morning and couldn't get anything to work.  Anyway,

Andrea, I'd like to read those papers the parents turn in.  Is there a lot of "situations" they put going on in the home they feel you should know about? 

Tendai, I just wish ya peace, gf.  I wish you had knowledge of everything that was going on with your govt. and everything that was coming.  I don't know how you do it; you're tough.

Snow, it doesn't feel like Friday today.  My days are mixed up and I don't even have kids living at home. :P

Mum, I hope you feel better soon.  You sure have your share of chest/sinus problems.

#1mom, sorry you have to go through so much to get your son's medicine.  I would rip them a new one.

Wendy, I don't blame you for wanting your own space.  That's a lot to deal with.  I hope you enjoy the baseball game.

Brandy, I'm sorry your daughter is putting you through all this turmoil.  It sounds like you two need joint counseling (and she needs individual as well).  I'm sure there's a lot of stuff you two need to deal with if things will get any better.  Good luck to you and hang in there.

Nothing much to report.  Today I got some gas, a new bed for my kitty, and a few other things.  My best gay friend and I went out to supper tonight.  Other than that, I'll probably do some homework later.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.

Offline minismom

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 09:08:44 pm »
"Sisterhood of the Virally Enhanced"...I think we've found the title for the Ladies' Thread #47.

Betty, where'd you go for supper?  Have you finished your exam yet?  I'm glad you got out and had some down time.  Are you down to 5 econ classes yet?  We need to have the official Econ-Countdown..lol.  Keep trekken, hun, it'll all be over soon.

Wendy, have FUN tonight.  I think you and I were twins separated at birth.  I HATE sports.  I've wind up having to figure out the ones my kids play, but I can't stand to watch them.  I went to a highschool that had no sports, so the whole Friday game night never meant anything to me.  When I was in college, Hubby took me to a basketball game and a couple of years ago, my uncle and aunt got us tickets to a WVU vs LSU (our alma-mater) basketball game.  LOL..I brought a book - and they won!

Cindy, I read your response in T&SE and thought it would be better to post some thoughts here.  I didn't want to hijack your thread.  Honestly, this is one of my biggest fears: that the side-effects that Mini is having now will only get worse.  You've been poz for 16yrs (?) and I see the issues that the meds and virus are having on you and other LTS.  Then I think, wow, when Mini's been poz for 16yrs, she'll be 16yrs old.  In 2yrs, at the age of 10, she'll officially be a LTS. 

By the age of 8mths, she was diagnosed with delayed mylenization, motor planning issues, and fine motor delays. By the age of 4, she was diagnosed with spastic diplegic CP, diabetes, high cholesterol / triglycerides.  By the age of 6, she was diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, long- and short-term memory issues, and poor hand / eye coordination.  So, yeah...crap!

Andrea, using a calculator is just about the ONLY way Mini can do higher function math (multiplication / multi-step problems).  At 8, she still has problems counting to 20. :-\  We use touch math for her simpler addition problems.  She also has an addition chart to use for "bigger" numbers.  Problem with the chart is that she has problems keeping her fingers on the right line and is usually 1 number off.  We're working on having her use a ruler for the verticle number and then sliding her finger down from the horizontal (top) row.  I hope that makes sense. 

She's come SO far with her reading and went from reading on a kindergarten level to reading at a 2nd grade level in a few months - I kid you NOT.  We used a technique suggested by the leading dyslexic researcher in the US.  I didn't think it would work, but it did!  Now, she's starting 3rd grade and reads on level.  Just don't ask her to spell.  At the suggestion of her Neuro-psychologist, we're also teaching her how to type...don't ask.  No, really, don't ask.

I'm feeling a wee bit better, but not up to par.  Betty, I've always suffered from sinus / allergy stuff.  Whatever I'm dealing with is going around.  My mom had it towards the end of our trip and it took her about a week to get over it.  My biggest problem is that when i don't feel good I don't eat.  Then, my sugar crashes and I get into really bad shape.  Hubby went to IGA and got me some OJ and soup.  He's doing a good job making sure I rest and eat. (suck up!)

Tomorrow, the kids are going to church to bake cookies that will be sold on Sunday after church.  The money will be used to buy stuffed animals for kids who are at the Mission (homeless shelter) during Christmas.  The coordinators said that there are between 17 - 25 kids every Christmas.  The animals have to be small because the kids sleep on cots.  It's so sad, but the kids are excited about being able to do something.

Then, we're bringing them to the airport for Young Eagles' Day.  It's when the EAA and Pilot's Club get together and give kids ages 8 - 17 free airplane rides in Cessnas.  My dad is one of the people flying, so he's going to "sneak" #5 (he's only 5 1/2) onto the plane because he wants to fly, too.  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.  After they fly, the kids get certificates and t-shirts.  It should be a lot of fun.

It's just after 9pm and I don't think I'm going to make it to 10pm and Stargate Atlantis.  I'm finally getting sleepy.  I hope you ladies have the best of weekends.  Stay safe and have fun!

Much love,
Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »
Mum, I haven't even started on the exam yet.  I'll do it tomorrow.  And yeah, only five more microecon classes (and government classes).  Let the countdown begin. 

What you're doing with Mini is fantastic.  You and I disagree on political issues etc., but you really do a great job with those kids and I take my hat off to ya, mum.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 09:17:50 am »
Hi GFs~

Had a good night's sleep at Iceman's the past two nights, and actually left work early yesterday.  I was talking with some women at lunch, one of whom lives in Ice's same town, and I told her I drove down from there Friday morning.  I told her how long it took and her jaw dropped.  I was thinking to myself,"Go ahead and say that it took forever for me to get here, and get it the hell overwith."  She is a supervisor of sorts while mine is out of town.  She started ranting about how it takes her half the time to get to work.  Granted, she comes in late and misses the traffic while I am in the throws of it.  I told her I stayed off of the highways cause I can't drive fast these days.  I would rather take the non-highway roads and have the lights to "rest" at with this entire motor function/sensory perception/balance/wtf is going on thing.  Sigh.

I told the table I have had probs for years but they are becoming more bothersome as of late and that they are checking me for Lyme disease (which doc IS doing, anyway).  Can you see if I said I was on toxic meds and they are possibly having long-term effects on my CNS?  Hee hee, but I shudder at the thought.  People are so rude anyway, imagine if I threw that out there, lol.

Mum, this December marks 15 years since my diagnosis.  I mentioned to doc that Sustiva has only been around about ten years and maybe just NOW we are starting to show these weird long-term effects.  I was on AZT in the beginning in 1995, then Combivir and Fortovase(saquinavir) for 6 years 1996-2002.  I started Sustiva/Videx EC/Zerit in Sept 2002 and that was switched to Sustiva with Truvada in Oct 2005. 

So, its been a lot of years with meds.  Labs will be drawn this week, so we'll see.

~Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 05:31:44 pm »
It seems to be really quite around here on the weekend. Everyone must be out having a life... ;D

Cindy-Have you ever told any of your coworkers about being HIV + ? I know you are pretty open so I just wondered how you handled that

Mum- Touch Math is really good program. A lot of the primary teachers at my school use it. I went to a meeting about it a couple of years ago but I have not used it in class. My grade levels for math and I have the lower group and I have thought about using it with the kids that really have some gaps.

Wendy-Still hanging in there with your house guests?  :)

Last night was the picnic and it was nice. Some of my old students came back and it is always nice to see them. They grow up so fast! It's funny because when they come to visit sometimes they do not have too much to say, especially the boys. They just kind of stand there and I just make small talk. It's cute because they are at that awkward age (12-14) and don't really know what to say. Anyways...I only stayed for about an hour because I had to pick up Vivian, my four-legged baby.

I haven't done much today except some laundry. It is nice to just rest....Have a good day everyone!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 06:20:07 pm »
Cindy-Have you ever told any of your coworkers about being HIV + ? I know you are pretty open so I just wondered how you handled that

I have never told co-workers, I am actually very private about most things.  It took me 5 years to disclose to my parents, AFTER I walked down the aisle and buried my late husband.

If I WERE to disclose to co-workers, it would be when someone REALLY REALLY pisses me the F off and I throw it out there to get them to leave me the F alone.  Like PITA, for example.  People look at me and THINK they know how my life is.  Great boyfriend, great smile, home-owner.....They have no idea what really goes on with me.  Yep, saving disclosure for pure AMMO, nothing else, for the shock factor, if needed.  Heh-heh.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 06:27:29 pm »
I actually enjoyed the game. I suppose because I understand baseball unlike other sports plus the $11 margarita helped. LOL  I still wouldnt want to watch any sports on tv.
They where super good seats. We where 5 rows behind Nolan Ryan and 6 rows behind the owner and manager of the team. I covered the faces of my friends because they aren't as open about their status as I am.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:30:29 pm by Winiroo »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 09:39:17 pm »
Cin, what does your doctor think about the possibility of your problems being a result of being on Sustiva for so long?  Is that something he's willing to explore?  I sure hope so.

Andrea, glad you had a good time at the picnic.  It is quiet here today.  Of course, I just came on.

Wendy, those are cool pictures.  I watch the Chicago Cubs.  I was raised with them (my older brother).  I've been to a few games and I just love it.  Hopefully they'll make the play-offs this year.

I got my government exam done and even did another chapter in microecon.  My best friend and I went out to eat, went and got a coffee and went to a meeting (NA).  I actually got teary, talking about writing letters of ammends to both my parents.  I still miss them, especially my mum.  Anyway.....have a great night ladies.

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 11:21:07 pm »
Hello Ladies!!

Just checkin in. welcome to the new ladies.. nothin new happening. i had a bitch of a week i will hv to catch up with all of you tuesday. hugs n kisses

so is anyone voting? i came acroos this. i found it very enlightening, the heading was please help me I am a bit confused!!!!

Author unknown

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic,
different.'
Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, and you are a quintessential
American story.

If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
If you name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well
grounded.

If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as
a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the
state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the
United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while
sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and
Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real
leadership experience.
If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people,
20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then
you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking
executive.

If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real
Christian.
If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a
Christian.

If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state's school system while your
unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values
don't represent America's.
If you're husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DUI
conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until
age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of
Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 05:34:40 am »
Hi ladies, long time....

I came back from france last week and had a lot on my plate. Im sorry not to keep with you in presence, but I do in spirit.

Tatenda, that was brilliant!!!
I wish I were optimistic i really do. that woman scares the living crap out of me  :o just looking at her plastic face gives me shivers.

Tendai, congratulate you sis for me. I am hopeful about the situation, at least its a big step for mugabe to share the throne. i know it is far from secure, I am just hopeful.

#1mum hi & welcome

Wendy I read what you wrote about houston. my BF has been to houston downtown and he told me it was the scariest place hed ever been. of course he'd never been to any other inner city in the us but he has lived in london so he knows some rough areas. but i imagine with the electric down and all that chaos was scary as hell. Im glad your families are doing good.

Betty Im so proud of you for keeping up the struggle and not smoking, i know how hard it is. how ironic with those coupons coming in the mail. ugh. whenever you get the urge think about all those eveil tobacco company execs trying to get people hooked and lying about putting addictive substances in the cigs, there was a movie about it but cant recall the name. (((Betty))) did i say i was proud of you?

Cindy sounds like things are cooling off at the job. PITA must feel threatened by you and thats why she is being so snotty. Let it slide off of you... congrats on meeting ice's 2nd child. i knew you'd get along, what's not to like? btw your hair is so blonde now... since I live in the land of natural blonds, I am so envious. I dont even try to look blonde anymore, i cant pass it off here... i hope you get off sustiva, i couldnt handle it myself. maybe your symptoms will get better, hopefully.

Jamie its nice to see you back here and Im so glad the kids are with you!

Andrea have a great school year! looks like youre really good if kids come back and visit, i certainly never did visit my teachers again.

Brandy hope things improve with your daughter but at least you know shes at a safe place with your sis. I feel so bad reading your posts b/c Ive put my folks thru so much worse! now I have so many guilty feelings about that. Its been over 20 years though but still makes me shudder...

Queen so how is Mr Sexy? enjoy...

Mom (mini's) you must have the patience of a saint, even though you say differently. Id love to be a fly on the wall in your house and see how things operate, Im sure Id get a lot of ideas on time management and getting things done.

I know Im missing some people, its just been ages and writing off the top of my head with what I recall. Things here are good, the wedding is approaching in huge stpes, less than a month now, but at the end of next week I go away again for about a week, so thats another thing Im preoccupied with. but when I do think about the wedding I get super nervous as well as super happy. We are going to start fertility checks in 2 weeks and have a meeting schedueled next week to see what all that entails. Its a meeting with couples who have problems and will be all in dutch so Im not sure what I'll understand. of course, the other couples will not be aware that Im poz and on HAART and thats an additional factor.

Ive been a bitter bitch before getting my period, which was 9 days late. Its amazing the mood shift that happens when you get it. it was not externally (thank God) but inside I was seething with anxiety, anger, resentment, restlessness (and you may continue this list with any negative emotion that comes to mind). I wish there was something to do about that.

so, sending you all a big hug from the muddy plains (the netherlands)
xox
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2008, 12:49:01 pm »
So nice to hear from you, Drag.  I know you're a busy girl, but stay in touch when you can!  :)

BTW, that pic is from last March 2008, I go out more in the cold months and my hair actually gets lighter then, lol.   :P

~Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 12:58:18 pm »
Hey, Just checking in. My shoulder has been killing me. I have to get it x rayed next week. My doc thinks it is a pinched nerve so he gave me some darvocets. Not a pill popper like that but have been taking it, it really knocks me out but then 4 hours later my shoulder is hurting again. I usually go between the pills and some Icy Hot which is starting not to work as well either.

Messing around with downloading stuff for my MySpace page, I caught a freaking virus so I had to reformat the computer, lost everything....Grrrrr. Woke up today with a high sugar of 290 but I had been munching last night.

I guess Sexy is alright. I saw him when I went out Friday night with some friends. We have talked off and on some. Not to say the thrill is gone but kind of been sidetracked with the pain in my shoulder.

My nephew should be over later, I have to braid his hair. I can feel the pain now...*sighs*

Modified to add: Sexy just called. He says he has been leaving me alone because he knows about my sore shoulder. But plans are in the works....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:06:22 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 05:50:07 pm »
I could have sworn I posted earlier; it must have gotten lost.  Anyway,

Tatenda, someone sent me that article about a week ago.  I really like it and of course forwarded it to everyone I know.

Drag, so good to hear from you.  Wow, less than a month.  You must be so excited.  Good luck with the fertility checks.  I'm not sure what all that involves, but I hope it's successful.

Queen, good luck with Sexy.  Sorry about the pain in your shoulder.

I haven't done squat today other than get a newspaper this morning.  No shower, no homework, zip.  I did take a two hour nap.  I'm not sure what's going on, just a lazy day I suppose.  I hope you ladies have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 05:54:50 pm »
Hi Ladies, Mis you all, just checking in, At my DD house. I will be gladto get my internet up and working again soon. The play at church was great! I was hilarious!!! lol played a bimbo at work sleeping with the boss!!!!
Welcome to the new ladies! love you all!!!
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 02:17:32 pm »
Hey laides,

I'm not going to drone on too much.  I'm having a hard day, mentally.  I was in an NA meeting Saturday night and someone talked about the feelings surrounding losing their father.  That brought up a lot of memories of my parents, mostly my mum, that has, in a way, gotten me down. 

I realize not everyone has, or had, the luxury of having good parents.  Well, my mum was my stronghold through all of my fucked up life.  Whenever I went into severe withdrawals from the mess of drugs I was on, my mum cleaned me up and took me to the ER to get some relief.  She would drive me to the local mental health hospital when I decided it was time to dry out (several times that happened).  She would always call to find out how I was doing.  She would bring me groceries when I had none because of wreckless spending.  I'm not saying she poured money on me (my parents were not, in any way, wealthy).   She just sometimes provided the basics of life when I squandered my disaiblity money.  And my dad, well, he would tell me he loved me anyway, no matter the mess I made of myself.

I went out and bought a pack of smokes today.  I guess I needed that little rush of dopamine to feel a bit better.  I tell myself it's better than picking up a drink (or 10) or buying a bag of h.  The ill-feelings of smoking two packs a day are a distant memory right now, though I know will return if I keep smoking.  I took myself off the Chantix after six weeks, and I believe one's supposed to stay on it for 12 weeks, not 100% sure.  So, back on the Chantix I go.  And hopefully, I can get some homework done today. 

Edited to add:  I'm not saying I need to be treated like a baby or coddled.  I'm saying I miss my parents. I also have not felt well physically these past couple days, which always adds to a fucked-up mental attitude.  I've had horrific runs and a burning tummy.  Yeah, I know, waah.  I'll feel better.  I guess I just needed to vent for a minute.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:38:51 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:25 pm »
hi ladies,

Im pretty wiped out...

Netta - Im sure you were great its so nice to hear you had so much fun. Ive never been in a play, it must be such a high.

Snow - I forgot to mention that I read your post on the Living with, I am so concerned with you about minimizing the nightmare of that piece of crap. some people should just be seperated from society and he's one of them, even if he doesnt sufficiently break the law to warrant it. I hope you will have your SO, friends, and family around you to give you the protection and support that you need, cos you need it. Sorry for writing it here its just a bit old thread and I know you check in regularly and I have been thinking of you. Its just, you and the kids deserve to be secure, you know?

Betty, it sucks about the smokes, but hey. You have the 2 months behind you and you will get back on the wagon. Im sorry youre in so much pain right now. Your parents were there for you and you were there for them. You shared a lot of love and thats what matters, they would be happy knowing you continue to share that with your siblings and a lot of people around you. I too have my "black holes" of regrets and all that. But you know what, not many people get to live thru second chances like that. And your parents got to see you make it there.

I really feel like crap so cutting short, its just been a long day and my muscles are so cramped I walk like an old lady. I hope everyone else is doing good.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 08:23:36 pm »
Betty, I'd rather you smoke a few cigarettes than get mixed up with drugs again. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I found out today the kids are supposed to be moving out around the first of the month.  :D
I've taken two naps today and I am still tired. I've been bleeding all week and I think thats why I am so tired. It's menstral bleeding dont worry about it.
I'm nearly done with my Dreamcatcher book. The book is nearly identical to the movie. It has a little bit more stuff in it though. I am enjoying it. I dont know what I will read next but I have several books waiting in the front bedroom.
Now that I think about it I guess I had 3 naps. I went to the county hospital pharmacy to get refills and since you have to wait forever I brought a comforter and a couple of pillows. I covered the back window of my car and one of the windows in the back seat and laid down in the back of the car for an hour while I waited.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:20 pm »
Betty, don't beat yourself up. One day at a time... :) We've all had bad days. Your parents had unconditional love for you and that's all you can ask for from parents. I wish I was there so I could give you a big hug!!! Tomorrow's another day.  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.