Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:34:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773100
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Five drug combo - Is anyone else using it?  (Read 6857 times)

Offline savorthemoments

Five drug combo - Is anyone else using it?
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:17:10 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started a new combination in January 07 that has been great for me so far and was wondering if anyone else is on it?

My combination is Fuzeon, Norvir, Emtriva, Prezista and Etravirine (TMC125)

I would enjoy hearing feedback!
Thanks,

Savor the moments! 

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Five drug combo - Is anyone else using it?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:46:01 am »
Hey Savor,

I don't know anyone on this regimen. I thought Etravirine was still experimental?

Just curious, are you boosting the Prezista with the Norvir? The only experience I have with a PI is Crixivan, which I took for 11 years, and am curious if they are boosting all PIs now.

How is the regimen working for you?

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Rusty

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 03:44:25 am »
Hey Savor

I am taking Prezista, Norvir, Etravirine (tmc125), truvada, AZT. Been on this combo since Nov 06. I dumped the Fuzeon in favour of Etravirine and my viral load is still fully suppressed.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:38:24 am »
Matty the Damned takes a 5 drug combo, namely atazanavir/ritonavir/AZT/abacavir/3TC. He hopes to jettison the AZT (swapping trizivir for kivexa) but that depends on his doctor not being a cow.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 12:42:55 am »
Can we merge these two threads?

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=12493.0
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline savorthemoments

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:30:20 pm »
Just had great 4th month results on this combination!
Prior to starting this combo my numbers were;
TC 165, VL 90,000, 11% and have been sitting around there for a few years.
Each month the numbers keep getting better and better!
After 1st month;
TC 278, VL 2,000, 14%
Now in the 4th month;
TC 456, VL 50, 13%
;D :o 8) :D

I honestly didn't think my numbers would be this good again!
It's been at least 8 years.

Mark - the Norvir is to boost the Prezista and actually I'm very surprised to see it is boosting the Prezista - since I have almost a full resistance to the Norvir.

Savor the Moment! 

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:27:04 am »
Matty the Damned takes a 5 drug combo, namely atazanavir/ritonavir/AZT/abacavir/3TC. He hopes to jettison the AZT (swapping trizivir for kivexa) but that depends on his doctor not being a cow.

MtD

Your doctor is a cow?  Milk or beef?  Sorry could not resist.

Marc brings up an interesting point, are they boosting all PI's with norvir these days?  I know they have to boost my reyetaz and kaletra has norvir "built in" so to speak. 

I am a four drug combo since my truvada is essentially two drugs smashing together.  Of course, if you include my zoloft which keeps me sane I guess I am on five drugs also.  No matter how many you are taking, if they are working, keep at it. 
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline savorthemoments

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 09:52:11 am »
It does sound like using 2 PI's as resistance starts to build is being coming more and more common these days.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:47:25 pm »
Yes, previous to my current regimen I was on both Kaletra and Invirase even though my genotype test had long indicated total resistance to PI's.  I'm not sure I understand the logic to this, and simply assumed I was getting what improvements I was getting (my VL would never go down but my cd4s kept rising) were from Truvada and something else I was on that I'm forgetting at the moment.  And if you think diarrhea is bad on Kaletra it's doubly worse on Invirase... so imagine the two of them together.  Plus it's something like 16 pills total!

Obviously though they must think that you're still getting some benefit from doubling the PI's or why would they do it?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.