Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:10:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I hit the two year mark  (Read 8057 times)

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
I hit the two year mark
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:40:34 am »
I hit the two year mark of being positive on 10-16-08, I dont know how I am supposed to feel about it at all!! I did throw a little party.

I am looking at it now as it just is what it is, Lets get on with life, when part of me wan ts to scream and yell and punch the idiot who did it!! I really think i need to do that !!! lol

how did y'all deal with it when that day comes up on the calender!! do y'all even remember or thinking about it ? please let me know.
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline franfrog

Re: I hit the two year mark
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:17:27 pm »
It's funny that you ask that.  Every year I think the same, how I am going to throw a party that I have made it another year and so on, but the day usually comes and goes and I forget that it even exists.  That may have something to do with my family support and how we know it is there and it is reality but since I plan on my life going on for a long time, that would be alot of money in parties! ;D
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

tendai

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:55:01 am »
i take it as a milestone and do celebrate somehow. dont exactly throw a party since i havent told any of my family. actually i note every 5th day of the month as an anniversary. im just glad to be healthy and alive thus far. and everyday should be celebrated in my own opinion.

Offline yasoza

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:48:14 pm »
Hey girl,
i did hit mine 15 years ago and am still going strong as long as you believe in yourself and stay healthy thats the most important thing,I even forgot sometimes that i have the bug though it is undetectable

Offline TreDai

• my website
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 11:48:06 am »
Thanks!!  ;)

bleueyes

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 03:21:05 am »
I now I am kind of late here. But I really want to share...

I lived with it everyday in the way my Mother pulled me through. I think I was pretty lucky here. My older brother used to take me out to eat, their theory is weight means health.

I actually miss the days of being positive in the beginning. My Mother and Brother loved being around me. My favorite place was Tony's and wienerschnitzel. I would eat a chili cheese burger, chili cheese fries, chili cheese dog and a soda with two refills. I did not care, no one knew what was wrong with me.

I actually lived in my own world. One day I was walking through a super market and met this guy, I was really immature, and I realized I was not normal. My happiness ended.

Now I find that my Mother is not so terrible... I do need help... and my daughter is the most beautiful part of my life. 

Now a days I forget I have any virus, and at times I have refered to it as my best friend. Well I hope you had a good party.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:24:14 am by bleueyes »

tendai

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 04:31:34 am »
"best friend"?  i have never thought of it like that. to me its more of a burden i have to carry as best i can. when its really bad, i feel its more like a curse.

Offline Deeliteful

• Still Standing Strong
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:19 am »
Praise the Lord! I am also thankful. I will hit the year mark on tomorrow 12-03-2008. I have learned that this is not a death sentence. I am stronger now than I have ever been about my situation. I don't know about throwing a party, but I will celebrate unto God. It happens to the best of us, and I will use my experience to help and support others.
Ms. Dee

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »
Hey TreDai..good for you mama!

I hit the 5 year Mark Sept 25....I dont know why i didnt come in and post then....
Live life to the fullest...

Offline TreDai

• my website
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:48:14 pm »
LOL!!!! it has been a minute and I am replying really late!!  Wishful!! you go GIRL!!

And thank you to all who replied!!

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 11:45:24 am »
I hit the two year mark of being positive on 10-16-08, I dont know how I am supposed to feel about it at all!! I did throw a little party.

I am looking at it now as it just is what it is, Lets get on with life, when part of me wan ts to scream and yell and punch the idiot who did it!! I really think i need to do that !!! lol

how did y'all deal with it when that day comes up on the calender!! do y'all even remember or thinking about it ? please let me know.

Well, i sure as hell never threw a party, but i don't knock the idea! But I do celebrate my birthday completely cognizant that that means another year living/outliving our little virus. I am happy every Birthday.

As for punching out that guy, and screaming, why not just forgo the punching?! Try forgetting his name. Everything. The brain can be our friend or enemy.

Good luck from someone got you beat 9:1 last I counted. Next year that will drop to about 6:1,  so I will only quote it today when it sounds like an achievement. Keep that sense of humor!

Good Health!

8) -megasept

Offline knittygritty

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 04:20:03 pm »
 better late then never - congrats hun!
 I hit my 2 year mark in December.  I actually really like the idea of celebrating. Course not a party for me cuz no one but 1 person knows.
 and as to how I see 'it' I fall into the seeing it as a curse more then a blessing. I know that things happen for a reason and I know that God has a plan for all of us, I just haven't figured out this yet.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you.  - Grandpa Simpson
  I knit, therefore I am  -  Me

Offline bobean

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:46 pm »
It's been 14 for me,I never think about it anymore...unless I'm on here.lol Laughter is the best medicine ,baby,so what ever you do..keep on laughing...bobean

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.