Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:26:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 608
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 574
Total: 575

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Would you be interested to know my labs as I go through this GcMaf treatment?

Yes, I would like you to post your results
2 (28.6%)
No, you are a nut!
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 06, 2016, 01:53:22 pm

Author Topic: Starting GcMaf treatment  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Eradicate

Starting GcMaf treatment
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »
I have researched and reviewed many options for HIV Positive individuals.  I seroconverted on 01/28/2011.  I take Atripla.  I am undetectable and my cd4 is consistently over 800.

I am discussing with my Doctor this week about the prelim. tests to start the GcMaf treatment.  Has anyone started this treatment?

I am convinced that alternative therapies can work for some but may not work in all cases.  I am going to give it a go.  I know someone who has started this therapy just last week.

You can find out about GcMaf at GcMaf.edu .   You can also find out about what the FDA does, how it works and how it gets paid by viewing the Buryzinskimovie.com

This is 2012 !!!! We need to have the courage to move forward and try what we can.  No matter the cost; we must try!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:51:27 pm by Eradicate »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Starting GcMaf treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:51:29 am »
Hi Eradicate, welcome to the forums.

This is pretty much a scam and has been discussed in these forums before. I don't know of anyone who has tried it - there is no real evidence that it works.

Some threads:

Dr. Nobuto Yamamoto claims he eradicated HIV using GcMAF, a macrophage activator

GcMAF macrophages also act against other pathogens/diseases

Controversial Poster Thursday at Vienna Conference:GcMAF

Rugggiero Yamamoto

And a more recent thread from the Body, where it has been dismissed out-of-hand as a scam:

Cure possible?

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money, time and energy on it. The only people I've ever read about actively promoting this quackery are people who think there's some big conspiracy hiding the cure for hiv and cancer from the masses. What a load of bollocks.

I hope you plan on staying on your hiv meds.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline eric48

• Standard
Re: Starting GcMaf treatment
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »
I take Atripla.
hi and welcome,

The number of new proposals will keep increasing.

Whatever people try, they will stumble against this ethical hurdle. How do you prove eradication WIHOUT stopping the meds ? (considering that stopping the meds is proven dangerous)

This the one ethical question that Dr Gero Hutter (please forgive the misspelling) (the doctor who performed the protocol on the Berlin patient) did not have...
Because his patient could not at the same time take immuno-depressive therapy (required by the graft) and ARV.
He did not have to go through any ethical committee red tape, because resuming ARV (after the bone marrow engraftment) was not an option.

Nor did he have to publish the proposed trial ...

While a goggle search for the Berlin patient protocol will lead to hundreds and links they all date from the moment the 'cure' announcement was publicized.

But I yet have to find a a reference to the experiment before that announcement. (the protocol started 3 to 4 years prior to the announcement)

goggle can help you 'find' experimental trials but that is only after the experimenting parties have decided to go public.

In that respect it is not always your best friend ;-)

I would not dare anything that involves going off the meds once you have started.

Some people have though (against medical advice), and a tiny fraction (ca. 1 %) have actually been successfull: they are called secondary controllers (here you can use goggle, if you like...)

see:
Immune and Viral Correlates of “Secondary Viral Control” after Treatment Interruption in Chronically HIV-1 Infected Patients
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0037792

It is fine to try 'experimental' protocols... But, I would cast vote against any that implies meds interruption

You are on atripla , a fine drug that seems to work for you.

IMHO, atripla is a better friend than goggle

Hope this helps

Eric

NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.