Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:57:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 341
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: dating  (Read 48912 times)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: dating
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 03:41:56 pm »
Queen and Moonlight, I really hope that something works out for you. I have a couple guys on poz that are talking to me and some of those   leghumpers( very appropriate) . They are neg and even though I keep telling them, I DO NOT DATE, They still keep asking. None of them is my type anyway. One is married and that's a huge no-no, The other is old enough to be my father, which is not such a big deal, but every time I see him, he smells of alcohol. I do not mind the occasional drink, but not at 9 am in the morning.                                                      If you want to start your own thread, I will not be offended. I will just post there as well. It is interesting to see what other pos ladies are dealing with.  Best of luck to us all.    Cristy                           
                                                                                    That Herpes.com thing from Camille07 is funny as well. I like the poz .com site cause everybody's supposed to be poz. I keep getting messages from guys that aren't, and that bothers me. I really can't see me(personally) dating anyone that is not also positive.                                                        Moonlight, I am not sure myself what the rules are but starting a new thread is certainly not prohibited. I think only stuff like bullshit or abuse of our fellow forum members or baiting are mostly what is discouraged. And you are not doing any of that.  This guy you are talking to. You might want to wait on disclosure, sounds like he has quite a lot of stuff going on. While I applaud you wanting to be there for him, it might be best to wait a little. Easier said than done especially if you like him a lot , right. Good luck.  Cristy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 03:52:39 pm by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2007, 07:05:15 pm »
Hi Christy,

Yes, I will lay low.  I got out of the house earlier and drove my Jeep up on the trails on the mountain nearby, I had to distract myself some.  I had my dog with me and we just bounced along, driving on the fire trails in the woods.  We got out and walked down to a creek and looked around, hiked on some trails.  Early on in our little adventure, I found myself holding back tears, talking to my dog.  I just feel so alone right now without someone special in my life.....Oh and hear comes Moneybags who knows about my status, and I'm not sure I'm right for him.  I don't feel any physical attraction and he is a little pushy.  I need someone gentle, like.........like Jay!  LOL

Who's the one girl on here who has the saying at the bottom of her posts?  "Two tears in a bucket, motherfuckit"   ? My mom and I say that all of the time! LOL   I'll find a new distraction, I have a few, but I know where my heart is right now......sigh..........Cue the song "Love Stinks"  ???
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:33 pm »
Hello, Moonlight. It is good to distract oneself sometimes. I have felt alone as far as wanting a man to date for a while.I do have great support through m parents and my son(he's 4) help alot. But I am still looking for my Mr. Right. As for Mr. Moneybags, If you are not attracted, then you can't make yourself be. I've tried that and it always blows up in my face.                                             I understand that you want Jay, Oh , i found one at the beginning  of June and wanted him bad but it didn't work out. Don't give up, just give Jay a little time to get other stuff in order.                                        It's Queen Akasha that has that quote, I love it as well.  good luck. Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 09:03:05 pm »
Yep, that is me with the 2 tears in a bucket. I wish I could say I created the line but did not. I actually had it in my signature line because that is how I feel all the time. I will put it back since you like it so much, Moonlight. Back by popular demand... ;D

Moonlight, if there is no attraction, why bother with Moneybags? I mean you always use the friend line but you know it'll prolly be the last time you see him. I'm not saying be a bitch to him but break it to him. Why waste anymore time..his or yours..As far as disclosing to Jay, I would have to agree with CJC on that one. As much as you want to be open with him, it does seem like he has enough on his plate at the moment. Give him time to work through his own demons.

This thread is getting long. We could start another and just make it a continuation from this one. It doesn't matter to me who starts it. I guess it is good that others are viewing this thread. I bet CJC didn't expect to go as far as it did... :D  But I can relate to how you feel about missing Jay.You are lucky he is so close. There is a lot of miles between me and Boo. When he is not online I find myself feeling kinda empty so I am learning to try to do something else, like you. And patience is not my strong suit either.... ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »
Hi Girls,

Yes, I will start a new thread.  yay, this my first thread I've started.  Now I'm cool like the rest of you, even though we owe it all to Cristy!  Thanks, Cristy!  You know us girls can talk about men until the cows come home!  LOL  I have a name for the new thread:  Dating Part II: Jay and Boo and Other Guys, Too

OK, so its Friday night and I have no big plans.....These forums are awesome!

Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2007, 02:23:58 am »
Yeah, I saw you started the new thread....congrats on popping your cherry... ;D....I like the name of it too. I'm on my way to contribute to the thread...If you and I keep it going Moonlight, we might just have an internet soap opera going.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2007, 05:53:11 pm »
Just saw the cherry popping reference, I think my other one has grown back at this point, lol!    :o

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.