Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:05:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: please help...dying amd worring so bad....  (Read 13088 times)

Offline chrispark

please help...dying amd worring so bad....
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:48:25 pm »
first of all, i am really thank every one of you and sorry for my poor english.(i am from japan, 28years old)

i had unprotected sexual intercourse with one of my friend in college.
after 2weeks later, my hair became thinner, mosquito bite looking blister showed on my arms, face, and neck after i took shower.and they normally disappeared in 30-40mins.
then , these symtoms showed after 4th week

head ache
night sweat(2 days)
fatigue,
muscle pain,
dry skin (my skin bacame very week and easily bruised, itchy, bugs sting feeling)
runny nose(stuffed),
face gets red near nose.
 red spot in the mouth, arms, face...
heart beating was really fast one night.

only symtoms i havent had is

high fever,
white thrush in the mouth
diarehha
losing weight.....

i still eat a lot and maintain my usuall weight

i am so nervous about this situation trying to kill myself everyday..
i have tested with oraquick at the hospital 6th, 7th, 8thweek(60 days) and came back negative.
i am scared to death having more blood test from this point since as far as i know i heard most people get tested positive after 8 to 10th week.

now here is my question.

1. how often do u see a person get positive after 8th week negative test?

2. in your opinion, were my symtoms are related to hiv ars early symtom?

thank you very much...
please save my life...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: please help...dying amd worring so bad....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:55:43 pm »
Hello, Chris.

OK. First things first. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. You haven't indicated if your friend is a man or a woman. If it was a man, were you the insertive or receptive partner?

Whatever you answers to the above, I can tell you that a negative result at 8 weeks is very unlikely to change. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the virus. So like I said, that negative result is a very, very encouraging one.

You do need to learn from this experience. You can have intercourse with as many partners as you want to and regardless of their HIV status. But you need to do it the safer way, which means that or whoever the insertive partner is always, without exception, is wearing a condom. They provide very effective protection.

I expect you will continue to test negative. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. There is nothing HIV specifc about them and symptoms will never tell you anything accurately about your HIV status.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline chrispark

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:08:18 pm »
sorry for not indicating detailed information.
she is also japanese and she got tested after one week later we had sex and she said
everything was negative except hespes simplex.
but she used to have many boy friend before we had sex.

relating to my symtoms, am i high risk of being infected hiv?

god.....so scared.........

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »
It is much harder to pass HIV from a female to a male. And you have tested negative at a significant point.

I never care about someone else's report about their health or tests. It's YOUR test result that matters and you are the one responsible for your own health. Remember, have intercourse, but you must always use a latex condom. No exceptions.

Put your aside your fears for the moment and re-read what I have already said to you. I expect you to continue to test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline chrispark

dear andy and ann
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:36:02 am »
dear andy or ann.

1.so do i have a hope that i dont have virus?

2.my hair became thinner after 2weeks i had sex with her.is this happen relating to early symtom?

thank you very much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:53:04 pm »
Chris,

If thinning hair was a symptom of hiv, I'd be bald by now. I'm not.

Even though Japan has the lowest hiv rates in the world, you do need to test. However, I fully expect you to collect a negative result.

Use condoms in future and you won't have these worries.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chrispark

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 08:30:11 pm »
dear ann.
with the symtoms, and with 60days negative result, do i have a hope not being infected?
thanks for your answer.

Offline atlq

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:42 pm »
Chris,

You have been told by Andy and Ann that they fully expect you to test negative based on the result you have now. A test at 12 weeks is conclusive, but a negative result at 60 days is practically always confirmed.

Your focus should be on your future behavior. Always wear a condom.

Best... :)

“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline chrispark

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:42:39 pm »
i just had another oraquick test (65days) and came out negative.
gosh...
3 more to go?

dear sir andy or ann

1.how often occur 9weeks negative but 12weeks or more positive?

2.i heard there are some people  could have late positive result if they have problem with immunity and someone who pregnant.
if you dont mind , would you please explain about the immunity?

arigado gojaimas~ thank you very much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 05:11:44 am »
Chris,

I've yet to see anyone test negative at six weeks or more go on to test positive at three months.

Autoimmune problems or pregnancy can sometimes cause false positives on the ELISA tests, but these people will test negative on the confirmatory Western Blot. If you want to know more about these tests, click on the Testing Lesson found in our Welcome Thread.

I do not expect your negative results to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chrispark

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 04:55:50 pm »
10 week negative wirh oraquick test.

is that ok i can breath from now on?

p.s
which test do u prefer tio have between oraqucik or elisa test?

2weeks to go..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 06:05:45 pm »
...are you really in doubt? A negative result at 13 weeks is a slam dunk.

In the meantime get busy with other things and the waiting will pass much more quickly.

Both of those tests will give you an accurate result at 13 wees. Stop indulging in torturing yourself with these details.
Andy Velez

Offline chrispark

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:26 pm »
dear andy or ann.
thanks for the reply.
i just got 11week negative result and my partner also got negative result.

question.

1. we both negative on 11th week(77days)
i dont really know when was her latest sex event before me.
but i have had too many symtoms not cause of stress.
my symtoms are more likely infected people than any other infromation from medical websites.
such as, heat rash(blister) showed ony my face, neck and my arm, 4 days in a row, only right side, heart beating fast, scar or blister remains and color changed into purple, whole body muscle twitching....................
i really dont know what is gonna be happen in future, but in your opinion, do u think i am still in high risk or potential to have hiv virus?
od u think i need to get tested more??

thank you and sorry ...

Offline chrispark

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 08:30:32 pm »
and one more

we got tested with Oraquick rapid(20mins) test.

1. how accurate this oraquick test?
should i take elisa or western blot test??

thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 02:23:44 am »
Chris,

Why on earth are you testing weekly? What a waste of time, money and resources!

Your results are not going to change. It's safe to say at this point that you are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chrispark

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:58:35 pm »
dear ann or andy.

i just got 12weeks test negative.
i dont know i have to be happy with this result.
i spotted some people at "i just tested poz" tested positive after 12weeks.
since i have had exact same symtoms like one of guy from " i just tested poz" i am so freaking
scared and dont know what to do..what to think..

dear ann or andy.

do i need further test????

how rare to see person get positive after 12wekks negative??
please...help me

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:49 pm »
Chris,

I think you might be misunderstanding some of the posts in Just Tested. The people where it looks like they tested outside the window period had risky encounters during the window period that they don't report.

You ARE hiv negative. Protect your hiv negative status by alway using condoms in the future.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chrispark

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:05 pm »
thanx ann.

here in japan, 12 weeks negative test is conclusive but since the united states has 13weeks rule,
do u think i need to get tested after a week?
i am so confused about this window period and so scared i am going to get posiive result in the future.
my daily liife has fucked and am depressed all day, smile has lost, smoking 2 packs a day.
if i still do have symtoms, would u recomend for test near future?

thank you so much and god bless you!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:54:45 pm »
Only a small group of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period, this group includes those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy after transplant procedures, cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy and long term injecting drug users.

You are HIV negative, just remember to use condoms at all times..NO EXCEPTIONS

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:56 am »
Chris,

The window period is twelve weeks here in most of Europe as well. Twelve, thirteen, it makes no difference and you do not need further testing. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chrispark

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 04:10:23 am »
thanks annie and ann.

one more last question,

i saw a instruction about oraquick hiv1.2 rapid test and they say
i can have negative test if i had tested before 3month.

i had tested 12 weeks (83 days).
does the kit shows 100 percent sure after 13weeks?????

do i have to get tested a week later?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 07:01:10 am »
chris,

How many weeks are in a month? Four, last time I looked. Let's see, four times three... That's twelve weeks! Wadda ya know!

As I said before (did you read it?):

The window period is twelve weeks here in most of Europe as well. Twelve, thirteen, it makes no difference and you do not need further testing. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chrispark

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 01:15:54 pm »
dear ann.
i feel so selfish of myself being extreamly scared might have infected to this virus infront of YOU even though got tested with negative result on significant period or time.
i might being super over scared and reacted since this freaking country called "Japan" and the public society wont accept this virus.

I really dont know when will i be feel comfortable and feel free from this situation.
I had a perception like any other freaking japanese about having hiv virus, being gay...
SO sorry and sorry and sorry.
through this, i really learned a lot

thank you so much Ann...
thank you so much ....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:33 pm »
Chris, I don't know when you will feel comfortable either. But that problem is not about facts. It's about feelings. Because the FACT is that you have relieably tested negative ofr HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

If you need help with the emotional aspects, that's something you will have to see a professional about as we cannot help you with that in this setting.

We can tell you that the problem is not HIV because you have definitively tested negative. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline chrispark

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 10:20:44 pm »
dear ann or andy..
i just got 13 weeks and 4days negative result.

i know it sounds very stupid. but my symtoms dont seem like to go away.

who are the people get positive result after 3month?
and....
have you ever seen a person got 13weeks negative and 6month positive?

please...

last quesion......

thank you

Offline chrispark

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 12:11:46 am »
ann or andy.

i am thinking about having a PCR test.
what do u think?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 12:38:33 am »
dear ann or andy..
i just got 13 weeks and 4days negative result.

i know it sounds very stupid. but my symtoms dont seem like to go away.

who are the people get positive result after 3month?
and....
have you ever seen a person got 13weeks negative and 6month positive?

please...

last quesion......

thank you

ann or andy.

what do u think?

Why are you not celebrating being negative?  The tests you have taken already shows you are, what is the purpose of the PCR?  Judging from your reactions to what everyone is telling you I doubt very seriously you would take even a PCR's results as final.  You have allowed this to go on far enough and there is nothing anyone could tell you to make you believe your results at this point. 

YOU ARE NEGATIVE!

If those ailments are bothering you so much go see a doctor, you may be suffering from a common cold or something.   I hope you remember this anxiety you have put yourself through next time you have sex .   Hopefully you'll use a condom.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 04:11:11 am »
ann or andy.

what do u think?

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline chrispark

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »
i am really sorry for asking same questions over and over.
yes, i got tested 13 weeks with negative result.
the reason why i am really scared even i got negative result is i got dry skin covered with white and seborrheic dermatitis at my face, neck, and chest after 2 weeks of my  potential exposure.
i still have extream fatigue with amenia and flu feeling doenst seem like to stop.
I really know symtoms are meaningless but..........

dear andy , ann, rod.

this will be a last quesion.

DO I NEED FURTHER TEST??
this will be my last quesion!!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:52 am »
What else do you want us to tell you..YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE..end of story, whatever is going on with your face, neck and chest has nothing to do with HIV..either talk to your doctor again or seek help...just a little reminder:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider this a warning.

Jan

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 06:56:27 am »
Chris,

You're lucky Jan got to you first - I would have gone straight to a time out.

Stop testing weekly. You have already tested CONCLUSIVELY hiv negative TWICE. I suggest you seek counseling so you can learn to accept your negative hiv status.

If you have concerns about your skin or feeling ill, see your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. You do NOT have hiv. You ARE hiv negative and it's time you got on with your life.

Post again and you'll be timed out. No more warnings.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chrispark

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 11:35:02 pm »
my cd4 counts 27
     cd8 counts 55..
 cd4:cd8  27:55

i am negative..
does anyone know why my cd8 counts more than cd4.....

just wonder...

so tired...
body ache...
flu never stop..

Offline chrispark

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 09:22:28 pm »
anyone please answer my question?
please.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:03 pm »
I'm giving you that 28 day TO you were warned about.

Please do not create another user name to get passed your ban, you will be caught and the ban will be permanent.

Jan

Offline chrispark

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 03:56:14 am »
dear anna or rod.

i have just read "i just tested poz" and.....
seems like it is usuall that people tested positive after they got tested negative after 13 weeks.

Do u guys still stick with 13 weeks rule or...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:00:25 am by chrispark »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 04:48:55 am »
Chris,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You already asked this question back in September of 2008 and I replied to you. See reply #16. And yes, of course we stick with the three month window period. There's no reason not to.

Are you still fretting about this one-time insertive incident nearly two years ago? You were never likely to end up positive over that and you've tested conclusively hiv negative. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test again and collect your negative result. However, you will NOT be permitted to use this forum to go on and on about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.