Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:37:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 216
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 49- "YES WE CAN" Be happy, Be strong, Be Proud!!  (Read 46095 times)

tendai

Re: Ladies Thread Part 49- "YES WE CAN" Be happy, Be strong, Be Proud!!
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2008, 02:59:50 am »
Netta - i'm so sorry. i dont know what to say..((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2008, 06:29:15 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, no you're not 1/2 bad; you're not even 3/4 bad (hee).  You sure are making and made a lot of food.  I would be exhausted. 

Netta,  I am so, so sorry.  Damn it, there's just too much disregard for human life anymore.  I'll be keeping you, your sister and the boy's family in my prayers.   And you're cooking for 25?!  Wow.  Good luck with that.  I'd probably burn everything.

Yeah I know, I'm up way early.  I don't really know why.  It's not like I have to cook.  I wish it was time for dinner now.  After I'm done at my sister's, I might go to my best friend's mum's house.  She invited me last night.  My sister is having dinner at 1:00, so they can go to my brother's-in-law peoples' house.  I really don't want to go there, 'cause they're a bunch of old drunk Pollocks (no offense).  I just really don't jibe with them.  So, if I don't feel like crashing, that's what I'll be doing.  No plans other than that.

I am absolutely not going out tomorrow during the day.  I decided years ago not to shop on Black Friday anymore.  Way too many people and they get so nasty.  People are always nastier around this time of year and I really don't know why.  Stress over finances maybe, stress over facing a ton of people maybe, who knows the exact reason.    Tomorrow night though, I might go to this NA meeting in the town east of me (Elkhart, the one that got hit with really high RV layoffs).  They're having a potluck an hour before the meeting.  They call it "eat and greet," (whatever).  There are people who go to that meeting I haven't seen in a very long time.  Plus I want to take the title to my car there for the girl I promised it to. 

That's it for now.  You ladies have a great Thanksgiving.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2008, 10:09:14 am »
Good Morning!

Netta- I am so sorry. It seems like when it rains, it pours. I can't believe you are cooking for 25 people! I would be a total stress case.

Wendy- Wow! You definitely have been busy.

Betty- I know how you feel about "Black Friday" I have never understood it. I worked in retail when I was in college and I always thought those people were crazy. There is nothing that I need so badly that I have to get up at 3:00am and wait in line for. My partner teacher is one of those who goes out. She just loves it. I tease her about it all the time.

Well last night I made Pumpkin Brownies which turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I also made the cornbread and crumbled it so it would be ready for the stuffing. Today I am only making that and green bean casserole. Betty, I'm looking forward to eating too. I LOVE it! Of course, I could do without the turkey. It's the side dishes I like!  :)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Take a moment and think about what it is you are thankful for. It's very easy to get caught up thinking about what we don't have, but if we stopped and thought about what we DO have, we would realize there's a lot to be thankful for. I've been bogged down with quite a bit, but you know what, I'm here and my life has a purpose. I may not quite understand it or know what it is but I know there is one. Ok...I think that's enough of the deep stuff!

Have a good day and enjoy all that food!  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:45 am »
Morning ladies,

Andrea, those brownies  you made sound good.  I've never had pumpkin brownies.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I went to my sister's, stuffed myself, then came home and took a 2 and 1/2 hours nap.  I was up yesterday at 5:00 a.m.  I had some dreams about my parents, so I couldn't go back to sleep.  So, I never made it to my best friend's mum's house.  Which is alright. I ended up falling asleep last night watching The Godfather.  Yeah, I've seen it a thousand times, but it's such a good movie.  I don't know why I don't have it in my collection. 

I got up briefly this morning to use the john around 4:45 a.m., and saw on the news all the people who were already out at the stores (the ones that were either open all night or opened at 4:00 a.m.).  I thought "wow, those people really are lunatics."

Today I'm going to get some bloodwork done, pick up a prescription and probably work on homework.  Tonight I'm going to a potluck/NA meeting.  I'm going to call a friend of mine who just moved back here from another city to see if she wants to go.  I think I mentioned going in an earlier post.  The meeting I'm going to is always a good one.  My best friend goes to that, and a lot of other people I don't usually get to see, as it's one city East of where I live (about a 30-45 minute drive). 

Other than that, I don't have any plans.  Nothing major, anyway.  You all have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:06 am »
got my blood drawn for CD4s.  last draw was in February  so i was long overdue.  im keeping my fingers crossed..

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2008, 10:52:39 am »
Netta- I am so sorry for your loss. 25?  I struggle with 8, I hope you have some help.

Ten- Let us know how your cd4 comes back.  How long does it usually take to get the results?

Viv- I have never heard of pumpkin brownies?  Are they pumkin with chocolate or just pumkin, is it a mix?

BT- Hope you have a nice time at the meeting.  That is so nice of you to give your car to your friend.

Win- Nice spread! My daughter would love the broccoli salad.  Did what you and your brother went through make your bond stronger? Is he older or younger?  That kind of thing makes me so sad and mad.  It seems like the whole "love thy neighbor" thing went out the window ages ago, no one wants to get involved, someone must have seen what you and your brother were going through?  It really makes me wonder?

Queen- I hope you can stay strong and get through this, I am thinking of you!  Did someone steal your catalytic converter?  That is what has been happening around here, I guess they can be sold or something?

LOL. My parents are officially cut off from coming to my house.  The last time my mother was here, about 2 months ago, she broke my dishwasher.  Yesterday, my father broke my coffee table. He was picking up one of the kids and lost his balance and fell right through the glass part.  Thank goodness, he didn't get hurt.  We had a good day, my parents were late, so the kids were starving by the time they got here, but I guess the day went well.  It is still so wierd for me to see my parents together.  I am not really sure if they are "together" or what they are doing?  I just know that my mother spends all her time with my father now, if they aren't together, they are on the phone with each other.
The kids and I might put up the Christmas tree today, if I can get it out of the shed.  I would love to get a real tree this year but I don't have the money for it. 

I hope everyone has a great day and had a nice Thanksgiving!

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2008, 02:33:34 pm »
hello lovely ladies,

I havent finished reading all the posts cos I cant see them all on this page.

First of all not sure when exactly it is over but want to wish all of you a happy cozy Thanksgiving!

Netta, I am so sorry for your loss and such a senseless death again. All this crime is also some form of terror. What a heartbreaking story. I hope you enjoyed the massive dinner at least and being with all the close people who love you.

Tendai I am keeping fingers tightly crossed for your CD4s, when will you know the result? its so hard to do it basically once a year and without the VL, cos how can you be sure. so your hair is already long enough to braid, that's a fast growth rate! I bet you look really pretty with those braids. I never understood how people know to do it, esp to themselved. i cant even blow my hair straight and that should take all of 1/2 hour.

I had a deadline for work, we were still dealing with the leak and had workers here, i have to go to the hospital practically every day for the fertility checks including the weekend, so i had no time to go on the site. plus, i was following the news about india very closely in the last days. but now its over with a sad ending.

--gross warning again---
you would never believe it but one day since i last wrote i came home not only to find the leak which was supposed to have been fixed after all those days of missed work for repairs at full blown leakage mode, but that somebody taken another dump, and this time right on our doorstep, on the rug we wipe out feet on!

thank heavens I just barely missed stepping in it, with my boots. they are my only paid of winter shoes and I would have just thrown them away if that happened not to mention I dont know how I would deal with getting it inside the apartment.
what's UP with these people???!!! I was besides myself and grumpy as hell. Poor husband had to clean it up again, but this time he actually had to pick it up, like with a plastic bag, the way you do when you wallk a dog. Oh i dont know what i would do if he didnt, if i thought it was an animal id do it without thinking twice, I had to do it for pets in the past, but thats a different story. I guess i would have just had to get over it and stop being such a wuss.
since then there hasnt been anything but i wouldnt be surprised.
I need CSI to come here and do a DNA match so we can arrest this MF.
--end grossness---

anyway, now the weekend IS FINALLY HERE. i still have to go to the hospital 2moro but at 11 not early like the other days.

Betty, I think its so kind & big hearted of you to give away your car. Black Friday doesnt sound like fun. anything involving desperate shoppers sounds like something to stay away from, though having married a catholic, i have to buy now a bunch of gifts as well b4 going to spain.

Queen, that doctor is an a-hole (the one who told u people'd be terrified of you). That is absolute bollocks and all it shows is what a small minded, mean, prejudiced person he is. there are people who cant accept it but to make such a sweeping cruel generalizaion is crap. and even if it was true he shouldnt say it but it isnt true. people like that make me furious and to think that he is a doctor just blows my mind.

But the other day i watched the movie Sicko by Michael Moore about the health system in the US and after seeing a hospital dump disoriented, old, wounded people out on the street b/c they are not sufficiently insured, nothing suprises me anymore. that movie just made me cry.

And about the other doc with the weed, well, he should treat you no matter what. even if you were an active heroin addict or an alcoholic he should treat you! I dont see how he can make such a descision. asides from that, here and in other places, the doctor can actually prescribe marijuaha, not only here where its legal, in israel it isnt legal but you can still get in precribed if you are poz and its very easy. I am not for smoking myself anymore but that is besides the point, the point is that - not only you didnt smoke - but that's its none of his damn business.

I agree with Betty, b/c I have been helped by people that i know for sure do not have experiences closer to what I have been in at all, but they were able to help. i think you should give it a chance, take what is available. we cant get it the best way but we can try to make the best of what we get, something like that.

Daisy - hi, I dont know you but guessing you are in the UK? I had that once that I had to come a week later b/c they messed up my vein. I ask now to lie down and i always ask for someone with experience. I know the place where its easier to draw from and i just point it out. another thing is not to take too many tubes at once. most important just to try to breathe and relax as hard as it is - I always make sure I had enough to eat as well so I dont feel more faint and agitated. I used to be an absolute needle-phobic, what irony that i would end up having to give blood regularly. I hope next time is better for you. I have found that there is a huge variability btw the levels of different nurses, and some will say I have "bad veins" or a "difficult attitude" while for others its no problem at all to get my blood, so I realized - this is another case (re. Queen's story) where they can project on us.

Wendy, you are such a hostess! I cant beleive how much you cook and take care of. I wish I had a nice home to do that, everything is so small and primitive here. You got me salivating.
You know how to make lemonade out of lemons, you.((())))

Viv - its not difficult for me to jog, i dont strain myself at all. I never go past my comfort zone so basically I am a lazy yet fit coach potato [preferred state: horizontal] - b/c I have been doing some form of training for more than 10 years jogging doesnt wear me out (and if it does, it means Im tired or didnt eat right, so I dont do it).  A friend of mine who is over 40 is now started jogging and is training for a marathon. That's just crazy. And as if I werent salivating enough over Wendy's meal, pumpkin brownies?! I love pumpkin.

Snow, I really really want to have children but I am terriffied that i dont have what it takes to become a mom and that my isolation here as a foreigner and lack of social security/benefits is going to make it horrible for me. i also cant afford day care. my heart wants to be a mom before its too late but my brain is screaming for me to stop this insanity. so basically, blows my mind.
I cant beleive you made 100 cupcakes. un-be-liev-able. youre such an amazing person and I hope that you will get this toxicity out of your life so much. I hope he gets life in jail (without hurting anyone to get it). God forgive me.
BTW what do u mean about your folks, are the divorced and back together?

Keeping, sorry i cant see see your post on this page, but hope you had a great thanksgiving and that everything is good with your family and studies.

i had better cut this short (heh). here's to a relaxed weekend for all of us. Much love
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:37:34 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 02:59:34 pm »
Netta I am sorry for your loss.

Snow - me and my brother did not like each other at all until we where teenagers. He was a mean little boy. LOL I did not see much of him durring those years. He spent a lot of time at a friends house I think.  People knew what was going on. I suppose they just wanted to mind their own business. Back then people did not call authorities to complain of things like they do now.

Sometimes I think that people now adays sometimes get carried away with it. Of course there are times when the police or child protective services should be called. It just seems that the government is more and more involved in matters that they used to not be involved in.
Like going to court if you are tardy to class too many times. I think that is silly.

Everything came out wonderfully for Thanksgiving. We got some rain and its about 60 degrees outside. Real nice here.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 05:53:20 pm »
Hello Ladies---

I am surprised that my internet is still on. If I hadn't given you guys a head up, it prolly would be off. I'm not bitching but just saying. I am glad Thanksgiving is finally over but I swear my sister, whom I call the "Whore of Babylon" (for good reason and not to be mean) and her kids can be so ghetto. They ring my doorbell yesterday and the first thing out their mouth is what you cook? I was like WTF, nothing, I am eating upstairs, (at my oldest sister's house). And to top it off, they come over like they just rolled out the damn bed and looking like they belong to Buckwheat's family......Geez!!!! I guess it really pissed me off because I don't hear from them any other time of the year except the holidays. If they think I am going to get them something for Christmas, they got me fucked up and twisted, they better kick rocks. But it did end up being decent, Sexy called me to come over and we watched some football together. Woo Hoo my Cowboys are still in it!!!!! So, that kind of made my day... ;D

I am feeling better though nothing has really changed at all. Christmas doesn't bother me so much because I really don't celebrate it. But I have to buy folks a couple of things because they told me they were going to buy me something. So, I am kind of forced to do it.... >:( :-\

Snow---Nah, no one tried to steal the converter. I let my godson borrow the car and he hit something and basically ripped it out along with the muffler. He found someone to fix it, so now I just have to wait for them to come get it. But I still have to start the car daily to make sure the engine doesn't freeze up since it has started snowing again. But after it is fixed, he will not be driving anymore. He's not going to like it, but oh well. Him doing what he did has set me back though I know it was not intentional.

Dragonette--- That is just plain nasty, people taking a dump on your doorstep. Maybe you should set up a cam on your doorway, maybe you can catch who is doing it.

Well, it is time to start a new thread. I would but I may not be online for much longer. I gotta go cause my sister is talking my ear off on the phone now. Much love ladies, take care.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2008, 08:34:22 am »
Hey ladies,

Tendai, please let us know how your bloodwork turns out.

Snow, what do you think about your parents being together all the time?  Does it make you happy?  Hey, about having a "real" tree.  They can be a real pain in the ass, having to clean up all the needles, especially when you take it down. 

Drag, I agree with Queen.  Get some kind of hidden camera or something, so you can catch who's doing that.  That's just awful.  Even in my worst times, I didn't do stuff like that.

Wendy, glad your Thanksgiving went well. 

Queen, I'm glad you're still here and that you're feeling better.  And I'm glad you can get your car fixed.  I wouldn't let your godson drive it anymore either.

I really can't say much right now.  I'm getting my hair cut in a little while, and I haven't taken a shower yet.  I get my hair professionally cut twice a year, otherwise I do it myself.  I can't afford it all the time, so this is a treat (provided she cuts it right). 

The meeting last night went well.  One of the ladies there shared about her mother having breast cancer, so I shared about my mum's battle with lung cancer and how I was so grateful I was clean for that so I could be there for her.  I also shared that if I hadn't been clean when she died, I never would have gotten clean and would have died a very bitter, ugly death.  After the meeting, she mentioned she saw me at my dr.'s office.  We ended up chatting and I told her about me having Aids and she said that's why she is seeing the dr. also, but she doesn't tell anyone and doesn't want anyone to know.  So, that went well. 

I hope you ladies have a good day.  I'll probably be back in a bit, because I don't know yet what I'm going to do today, other than go to an NA speaker meeting tonight.  There's a guy that just moved here from Chicago who's supposed to be the speaker.  I have homework that needs to be done, but maybe that can wait for tomorrow. ;D

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2008, 10:24:22 am »
Queen-
Glad you are still here.  That was nice that you and Sexy watched the game together.  I am going to have to get used to having the games on soon myself, my oldest is getting into football and wants to watch.  The only sport I like to watch on TV is boxing.

BT- My father was married for 10 years, seperated longer and rarely spoke to my mother at all.  He didn't speak to me for like 7, I think.  My kids basically grew up with his soon to be ex and now they can't talk to her at all.  The communication in my household has always been fubared.  My parents act like nothing ever happened, but in a way they both put me through hell.  It was funny, when I was pregnant with the 3 some I was admitted to the hospital for a week at around 25 weeks.  My mother had to drop my son off with my father who was going to watch him for me.  They met at a McDonalds and had something to eat.  My son who was 5 at the said to them one of them " I am so glad you could meet the "other".  They both had a good laugh.  I guess I am happy if they are happy, as long as no one gets hurt.  I already had to cuss my father out when they were seperated and my mothers house was gutted by fire.
 That must have been nice for women to be able to open up to you even though she doesn't want anyone to know.  I hope your haircut turns out the way you like it.  I hope to get my haircut after I get my stitches out.
You are so right about the tree.  We put up the fake one yesterday.  I will have to find some pine scented incense or something.

Win- I have never heard that one before, they really take you to court if you are tardy too many times.  That is retarded.  Neighbors know what goes on and kids talk.   If I knew one of the neighborhood wasn't  kids eating, I would feed them.  Did you have lots of leftovers from the holiday?  I am glad you had a nice day.

Drag- The vision of someone taking a dump in your hallway is disgusting but the way you tell the story is funny.  I wish you didn't have to stress yourself out so much about having kids.  One good thing about having kids, you can pretty much deal with anything. After having someone look at your crotch, having someone pee, poop, throw up on you.  Picking up a poop, you didn't have to witness being made, might seem like a break :)  I know this something you want with all your heart so I hope everything works out for you.

I cleaned out the closet in the boys room yesterday.  Had to in order to get to the Christmas decorations.  I keep all the kids clothes down stairs near the laundry room, so now they have all been in closet playing.  Better than being out in the cold.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2008, 08:33:23 pm »
I STARTED A NEW POST---STILL I RISE ???
"to thine own self be true"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.