Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:53:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 363
Total: 364

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Underage fear  (Read 10550 times)

Offline samuelee

Underage fear
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:00 am »
Hi everyone !

I would like to ask for assessment for the following risk.

I’ve received a handjob from a guy with unknown HIV status.

I’m unaware if I’ve any microscopic cuts. I’m sure that I don’t have any open wounds but not pen-knife cuts. In the other word – I’m unaware if I’ve any cuts/wounds (though I can confirm that I don’t have a big patch of open wound that hurt a lot)

He masturbated me for less than 15 minutes – I did not check his hand for any presence of BLOOD/SEMEN/PRE-CUM. He then touched my penis , a quick one , and "tasted my semen". I'm uncut. And this is my first time doing such act and will be my last though.

I’m aware that handjob is not a transmission for HIV. I’m also aware that HIV is unable to transmit outside its host. But what is worrying me now is the following :

1.   Possible microscopic cuts
2.   Unknown presence of body fluids from that partner
3.   Urethra opening (natural opening) may also be another route of transmission.

I hope that the community here will answer and assess my risk here. Thank you to those who replied. Have a great day(:

Offline RapidRod

Re: Underage fear
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 07:29:40 am »
The answers here are not going to be any different than what you received at MedHelp. MOVE ON..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:40:46 am »
What risk? There wasn't any. Being masturbated by someone, no matter what variations you throw into the mix, is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission.

There's a link to our lesson on Transmission in the Welcome thread which opens this section. Read it and stop worrying about things that aren't a risk.
Andy Velez

Offline samuelee

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:01 am »
Hi Andy and Rapid ,

Really appreciate your replies and kind understanding. So even with cuts/wounds/body fluilds - as long as its outside the host and also being masturbated by someone - I will still not be at risk since it does not involved the 4 main transmissions routes - inability to infect/spread with contact with air , etc.

Once this is cfmed - with worst senario - I think I should not be worrying anymore though I still can't get the thoughts off my head.

Another Q which is def not related to this incident

I was doing my experiment in the lab and had a minor cut on my hand. I went to the toilet (as in public toilets) - and been in contact with the 'environment' - I should not be infected right ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:48:47 am »
Nothing in either circumstance you are bringing up presents a risk for HIV transmission. Zero. Zilch.

HIV is a fragile virus and it is not passed from environmental surfaces.

You did not have a risk. Get on with your life. If you're going to get so anxious everytime you have sex, maybe it's time to re-think the circumstances under which you are having sex and/or get some professional help to deal with your anxieties. This is not the setting in which you can address that issue properly.
Andy Velez

Offline samuelee

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:33:23 am »
I'm sorry but to ask for the last and final time (I promise - as it would be against the forum rules to contiinue posting a no risk situation)

I know that the person was doing a handjob on me. I'm the one receiving it. From what I understand through these replies - I know that being masturbated by someone will not transmit HIV as its a fragile virus. No matter what variation I add into the situation - I will still not be at risk.

I need to clear these 2 doubts - and I think I will stop thinking about it. I really would not want to be tested and I'm underage too.

1. I'm unaware if any presence of blody fluids come from the person doing handjob for me and also if there's any presence of wounds/cuts in both of us.

2. I'm aware that the urethra opening maybe another alternative for HIV to be transitted. (Natural opening instead of cuts/wounds) So even if that person is a HIV+  , I'm still not at risk even if his body fluids touches my urethra opening because HIV is not transmitted outside its host and become ineffective upon contact with air.

What's worrying me now is that I don't know if there's any cuts/wounds in both of us - I don't know if his body fluild had touched my urethra opening/possible cuts or wounds.

But even if these worries are true - I'm still not at risk right ?

I'm really sorry but have got to ask this and to make a self-assurance without being tested. I sincerely thank thosee that had replied. Really , a very big thank you to you people !

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 05:56:53 am »
Sam,

Yes, even if your worries are true, you still were NOT at risk for hiv infection. Mutual masturbation is one of the most common sexual activities and if it posed any type of hiv risk, we'd know about it by now and we'd tell you.

You did NOT have a risk! Even if your worries are true and this guy was hiv positive and either of you had cuts or whatever. NO RISK.

You don't need to be tested until such time as you are sexually active. By this we mean having anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

When you start having anal or vaginal intercourse, that is the time to start having regular, routine sexual health check-ups. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

To summarise, you did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Really!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline samuelee

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:25:04 pm »
Thank you Ann for that reply.

I appreciate that.

Perhaps you can take my current question as a knowledge based and not a continuous post of a non-risk situation.

According to :  http://www.hiv.is/ug/page/protection_risk_of_hiv_infection_1

" Mutual masturbation:
There is no danger from semen, vaginal fluids or blood from an Hiv infected person on an unbroken skin.You should not use vaginal fluids or semen from your partner as a lubricant during mutual masturbation.That way Hiv could transfer into the bloodstream through cuts or scratches in the mucous membrane."

Thing is , I don't know if I've any cuts or body fluid been in contact with mucous membrane. Unless in reality - even if a hiv+ body fluid comes in contact with it - the person will still not be infected.

So can i still assume and confirm that even with hiv+ body fluid in contact with broken skins/cuts/ mucous membrane - the person will still not be infected ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 12:46:01 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 04:17:54 pm »
What will it take for you to get that you were not at risk. Period.

NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK

and

NO RISK!
Andy Velez

Offline samuelee

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:43:43 am »
Haha Thank You for your NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK reply  ;)

I'm planning to get tested tomorrow. The incident took place on 12/5/2009 and its less than a month , around 27 days. Will the result be accurate ?

Wait for my good news tomorrow too :D 

Sorry admin/mod - kinda anxious about the accuracy or so. Hope it does not really really break the forum rule here.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 12:38:26 pm »
Sam,

Your result will be accurate because you're not in a window period as you did NOT have a risk.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline samuelee

Handjob theory risk.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »
Hi again ,

A quick question. I would like to ask that in a handjob senario - a male getting HIV from a HIV+ male is possible BUT only theorically. (even with contact of body fluid with open wound/natural opening)

HOWEVER

In the reality , none and no human beings have gotten HIV from handjob. The only ways to be transmitted with HIV through sexual activities are : Unprotected Vaginal/Anal Sex and others in theorically is still possible but none and no one have gotten in such manner.

Am I right ? :S

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 03:58:15 pm »
Samuel, I have merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

That's right. The only confirmed means of sexual transmission of HIV have been via unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Reports of transmission through giving oral in particular never hold up under careful scientific scrutiny.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will be well protected. 
Andy Velez

Offline samuelee

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:18 am »
So including handjob and oral , they are risk-free despite having difficult and possible situation such as body fluilds to open wounds and also natural opening ?

In theory - yes people maybe infected with a chance of being strike by thunder whereas in reality - it will and never will happen/be transmitted.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 05:59:24 am »

Offline samuelee

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:33:53 am »
I'm sorry but also I'll stick to my old thread instead of starting another thread if there's any other Q that I would like to know.

May I ask the following :

Assuming person A has encountered a high-risk situation and he wanted to do a HIV-Testing after a 42 days exposure - will it be accurate despite not completing the 3-months window period ?

Thks ! (:

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 08:48:12 am »
No, IF there has been a real risk such as unprotected intercourse, the CDC recommends testing at 13 weeks after the incident for a final result. A negative at 6 weeks is very encouraging and unlikely to change at 13 weeks.

You've been given all the help you needed and now you're just waltzing around with this so-called theoretical stuff. It's not going to work. You are just THAT close to a 28 day time out.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 09:13:56 am »
Sam,

You did NOT have a high risk situation. You had a NO risk situation. If you've read and learned what we've told you about condoms, there's no reason why you should EVER have a high sexual risk. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really, really REALLY is that simple!

As Andy said, keep using this forum to fret over getting wanked off, and you'll earn yourself a time out.

No more warnings!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline samuelee

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:14:48 am »
These cells ARE found inside your anus, inside the lining of your urethra (where you pee/cum from) and on the inside of the foreskin. This is why all you have to do to protect yourself against hiv is USE CONDOMS for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently. It really is that simple!

Hi ,

I'm asking a new question while keeping back to my old thread.

Yes , HIV only affect cells found inside anus , inside urethra (and not the 'mouth' , correct if im wrong) and inside of the foreskin.

So - if having a handjob with infected fluid in direct contact with the inside of the foreskin , will I be infected ? My hand is bleeding alittle (tiny blood) and is touching and putting my hand on ur penis without moving. Just my hand staying still in ur 'inside foreskin' , will you be in contact since its not really expose to the environment.
And since the inside lining of urethra , which must be inside the mouth and not the surface though , which makes me feel rather 'safe'.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 10:18:33 am »
Since you don't listen, you get 28 days free of this forum.

Offline samuelee

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:24:22 am »
Hahaha ! Hi all !

Miss me not ? :D

LOL ..

Okayy .. Just a final last question before I go for my last and final conclusive test.

My exposure was on the 12th May 2009. If I go for testing on 11/8/2009 - it will be 91 days .. will it be ACCURATE ?

Also - I've cuts after my exposure (like a few days later in my school's science lab) then I went to the same toilet I received handjob from. I don't know if I touch any blood/semen , it will still be risk-free right ?Exposure to air .. (I need assurance from this also)

I promise I won't disturb you all after my test :D Hahaha

From and including: Tuesday, May 12, 2009
To, but not including : Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It is 91 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 2 months, 30 days excluding the end date

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 12:15:52 pm »
Sam,

It will be accurate time-wise all right as you never had a risk. We've repeatedly told you that you won't become infected through masturbation nor will you become infected through touching objects in the environment, even when that environment is a public toilet.

And NO, you're NOT going to disturb us after your TOTALLY UNNECESSARY test. I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.