Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 320
Total: 321

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Scared Steam Room Sperm  (Read 23111 times)

Offline MiamiScared

Risky Oral Sex?
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 11:31:19 am »
Even though I have read that oral sex is  low risk If someone has a broken tooth is it possible for hiv to pass through the area? I had an encounter where I kissed the person hiv status unknown/ performed oral and our teeth accidentally pushed on eachother while kissing  and  even though there was no blood i came down with a wicked flu, for almost a month now  swollen glands nasal congestion night sweats weakness and memory difficulty.Sore throat and severe fatigue. I went for a hiv test and was neg but I havent waited the 3 months yet. In terrified of the symptoms and swollen glands. Every website i read says its a symptom of hiv.  I will continue to  get tested until my 3 month window closes. Has anyone experienced swollen glands in both armpits now neck region and  last night night sweats and  when im in bed I have  severe weakness and nasal congestion. I went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics but the swollen glands and fatigue and weird symptoms are freaking me out. What if the virus is in me and serconverting but not visible on the test i took. how long can seroconversion last?
please help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Risky Oral Sex?
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 11:53:33 am »
It's not surprise that you tested negative. If for your peace of mind you re-test at 3 months I would expect you to get another negative result.

Nothing you have reported suggests a legitimate HIV risk to me nor are your symptoms in anyway suggestive of HIV or ARS.

You ought to discuss your symptoms with your doctor and get them properly diagnosed. This is NOT an HIV situation.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2009, 12:05:26 pm »
Andy

I am going to the dr tomorrow. Based on your experience what time frame does a PCR test prove accuracy. Meaning Ive read after a few days other say after 28 days.

You are a god sent to me and to the millions of people behind the keyboard. Im reseting in your knowledge that  this isnt hiv. You see it wasnt just the one experience as i have given oral sex  alot of times and thats what scares me. What if the one time in the past few months there  was a cut in my mouth or  a sore on my tongue when i performed?

Thanks as always

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 12:15:28 pm »
Please return to your original thread. Take the time to read the posting guidelines found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Scared Steam Room Sperm
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »
I failed to notice earlier that you have a long history of entries. I've merged your previous ones with your latest. You have been coming here long enough to know our rule about keeping all of your entries in this same thread. And further, that you ought to have the basics down now about what's risky and what isn't.

As you have been told before this you need to apply what you have learned here or ought to have learned here in an ongoing way in your life. This is not for  you to drop in every time you have scared yourself again unnecessarily.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 04:30:44 pm »
I couldnt find  my original thread otherwise I would of put them all together. I dont need to be warned it was an honest mistake. Im sorry if I caused any problems but very worried about how I feel. All I wanted was someone to hear me and tell me I am going to be ok. I didnt come here to feel as if I have been  guilty of a terrible crime!

Sorry

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 04:45:45 pm »
What y need to do is to educate yourself on how HIV is and is not transmitted and you can do this by reading the Welcome Thread...it always worries me that after all this time (25 years) people still don't know how HIV is transmitted...for your own sake educate yourself.

Jan
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:47:41 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »
for the last several weeks i have had sever flu like symptoms with leg pain weakness night sweats cold chills nausea diarrhea and muscle and bone pain and swollen lymph nodes and weight loss. But the nausea is the worst as is the loss of appetite!!

The last few months I have been very sexually active and have given multiple blowjobs. My gums have bled a few times and have a had some mouth sores and noticed this after the blow jobs. This has put me in a major panic and fearing that this is seroconversion. I also rimm and wondering if its possible to catch hiv this way?

I had a hiv test yesterday the oraquick but today had my doctor run a viral load for peace of mind. even my memory and brain fog are being affected. Can hiv in the beginning casue these types of symptoms?

Frightened in Miami

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »
I

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:59 pm »
Ann

Im sorry for the confusion please excuse the honest mistake. Can you please answer todays concern

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2011, 02:49:13 pm »
You're still worrying needlessly.

At this point I am thinking that if you are going to remain sexually active and at the same time be in an ongoing state of anxiety, maybe you would do well to see a therapist or other professional and discuss this situation.

We can't help you with that in this setting. But we are also not here for you to come with your latest burst of anxiety everytime you give someone a blowjob or a rimming.
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

no answer yet...please respond
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2011, 07:57:17 am »
or the last several weeks i have had sever flu like symptoms with leg pain weakness night sweats cold chills nausea diarrhea and muscle and bone pain and swollen lymph nodes and weight loss. But the nausea is the worst as is the loss of appetite!!

The last few months I have been very sexually active and have given multiple blowjobs. My gums have bled a few times and have a had some mouth sores and noticed this after the blow jobs. This has put me in a major panic and fearing that this is seroconversion. I also rimm and wondering if its possible to catch hiv this way?

I had a hiv test yesterday the oraquick but today had my doctor run a viral load for peace of mind. even my memory and brain fog are being affected. Can hiv in the beginning casue these types of symptoms?

Frightened in Miami >:(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2011, 08:19:06 am »
You have been coming here long enough to know our rule about keeping all of your entries in this same thread. And further, that you ought to have the basics down now about what's risky and what isn't.

As you have been told before this you need to apply what you have learned here or ought to have learned here in an ongoing way in your life. This is not for  you to drop in every time you have scared yourself again unnecessarily.

You are just not listening. You're very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out if you continue to return over these non-risk incidents. Get yourself some professional help. Or you might consider checking out one of the Steps sexual programs for compulsive behavior.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:23:06 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.