Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:58:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 480
Total: 480

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Radio talk show request  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Radio talk show request
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:10:14 am »
Good Evening Forum Friends,

There is a low power Public Radio FM station here on the river.  They call it the Bridge, they broadcast from a church andf the rumor is the transmitter is nailed up to a Redwood tree.  The signal reach is not much more than 5 miles and they tend to play Big Band music from the 40's.

I live a little out of the broadcast signal reach but have heard them a few times and I like what they do on-air.  They are getting the funding and the permits to broadcast over the internet and I have been asked to think about producing a weekly talk show on HIV care and treatment issues.

I am wound up tighter than a mainspring right now with all the politics of the committees, the non-stop requests to volunteer for this and that and I kind of went ballistic in an Executive Committee meeting today, then I regrouped and had a very pleasant visit at Congresswoman Woolsey's staff in her local office.  I hand delivered some signed letters asking her support in reauthorizing an RWCA with sufficient funding.

The radio show decision does not have to made immediately so, I have time to think about format, write an outline, and borrow a production studio for a demo tape.  I had a show in Los Angeles for a couple of years so once I figure out what I want to do, the rest comes naturally.

First step is the introduction... What do you think of, "Thank you for turning me on"?  The show needs a name, how about some ideas?  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: Radio talk show request
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 11:20:11 am »
I think your idea is great.
How about "Thank-you for tuning into me."
Glad to hear that things are finally taking off for you. Go get'em baby!! ;D
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:23:59 pm »
Name of show idea:   WE ALL HAVE AIDS..... I have that t-shirt in turns heads big time. This is a great thing you are doing! Way to go, and hell yeah....Give em HELL! Best of luck with it.
Positive since 1985

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 04:37:58 pm »
You have alot on your plate.  I don't know your goals or time available, but perhaps don't think in terms of producing a weekly show?   Maybe a bi-weekly or monthly show... or 'specials'.   

Oftentimes there's plenty of flexibility.

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 04:49:29 pm »
Michael
 You already do so much honey! Don't wear yourself out, you have to have energy for things other than those related to Aids!
Hugs
Jena

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 05:32:50 pm »
Good Afternoon Forum Friends,

My committment with the Funding Allocation Working Group will be over in September.  My blow-up in the Executive Committee meeting was over postponing the funding process until the language in the proposed legislation was cleared up by Congress.  There is no guarantee that Congress will clear up the confusion between "Medical Case Management" and "Case Management."  Those terms can be used to vary the percentage of the upcoming budget for needed case management services.  I used the "F" word in my response, I also used the word "entitlement" because the days of the Dickens character saying, "Please Sir, may I have more?" are over, I am one of three people in this committee who live with HIV, the rest of you draw pay checks.  Funding Allocation will continue as scheduled, with changes made in the process if required.

My visit with Congresswoman Woolsey's staff assures support from her, I do need a break, but timing is of more importance.  I blew off a BBQ with  the Sonoma County AIDS Food Bank today, my friends Don and Julia are on their way down from Chico to visit.  We are going to have a weekend of fun and our own BBQ.  For a straight guy from San Francisco, Don, with no background in HIV, Don is an excellent chef on the grill.  Julia has a two year old who keeps it simple.  We have the best times. 

The radio show is month's away and I have not even started writing the outline yet.  All of next week is already booked and someday, I will slow down.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:37:24 pm »
Michael,

I think you should call the show Have The Best Day.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 03:55:39 pm »
Oh Ann! I think that is an excellent title for Michael's show!
Jena

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:43:10 am »
Michael,

I think you should call the show Have The Best Day.

Ann

PERFECT title!

Go get 'em tiger,
John

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.