Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:04:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: watching the dabate??  (Read 37327 times)

Offline mitch777

watching the dabate??
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:57:11 pm »
got your popcorn ready?

Sorry Miss P. ...
(wouldn't want to aggravate your, a....., recent "condition".)

Hope to see Romney with both feet in mouth. (again)
OOps, sorry again Miss P.

night all...

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: watching the dabate??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »
been tweeting and emailing @NewsHour for the last week hoping to get the candidates to talk about something that was left out of the last debates - the Repub and Demo policies of how to deal with HIV/AIDS in America (#DebateHIV)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »
i here you loud and strong and i thank you for your focus and effort Leatherman.

unfortunatey, i have serious doubts that the issue will even be discussed. :(

it takes people with your effort to make a difference!

Thank You!!!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »
unfortunatey, i have serious doubts that the issue will even be discussed. :(
oh I agree. Sadly we won't hear anything on the topic - but not for want of trying. The SC HIV/AIDS task force has been contacting the moderators for all three debates (including the vice-prez one) for about two weeks now. In the last week AIDS United started up their campaign to get this topic included.

It's nice to remember that even though McCain and Obama didn't talk about HIV, President Obama DID put together the National HIV Strategy with real actions and goals for the federal government to take to deal with HIV now (testing and treatment) and in the future (education, prevention, and the cure)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »
kudos,

boy, your SC HIV task force hs got "spunk"!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »

Here we go!!!!  :)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »
The President wasn't very good tonight. He didn't properly challenge Romney on so many things. Luckily Romney was quite obvious in not telling the truth about his proposed policies enough times to balance out... maybe.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 12:44:44 am »
The President wasn't very good tonight.  Obama could have mentioned the 47%, he could have discussed bringing the auto industry back, and so much more.  He let the $700 Billion assertion go at least twice, without much of a rebuttal.  He let the "death panel" comment go without much of a rebuttal.  He let the "thousands thrown off private insurance" comment go more than once. 

And, Jim Lehrer has run his course.  If I remember correctly, didn't he moderate all three debates in 2000?  I think these debates should be longer--at least a full 2 hours.  And, I'm wondering whether we should go back to a panel of journalists asking questions and doing a "Tim Russert" style of asking questions, challenging the answers, and pointing out fact and fiction.  I've watched Congressional debates, and most of the time, the moderators ask questions and follow-ups.  They ask questions like, "What did you mean by your 47% remark?"  Jim let Romney run all over him. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:06 am »
I'm sure the President has worked with a strategist or 2.  Besides, I'm sure nobody switched sides based on the debate.  He is already winning swing states and is in the great position of not having to swing voters, but rather retain those he already has.

Overall, I thought it was all quite mild and I'm surprised Mitt didn't aggressively tout his policies.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 07:39:33 am »
I don't want more or longer debates at all.  There is no actual debate going on -- it simply talking points that may or may not have anything to do with the question/topic at hand.
It is really just a dog and pony show -- a chance to "look" Presidential.  Oh yeah -- and it's a way for the Talking Heads on TV to get more air time.

I suppose I would go with more/longer debates if they had to stop their advertising for the same period of time as they debate.  Living in a swing state SUCKS -- I am soooooo ready for this election season to be over, you have NO IDEA.

Mike

Offline mitch777

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:45:42 am »
romney looked wired and the 23 (i think?) primary debates gave him the experience to direct the whole thing.
watching obama was sooo disapointing. he missed way too many oportunities and took very little control in pouncing on all of romney's weak points. (maybe too many to choose from?)
47%
women's health
bain
massachusetts lack of job gains during his time in office
etc.
(i could go on forever it seems, but am worried my computer will run out of ink) ;D

can only hope that the few "undecided" were'nt swayed.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:44 am »
Obama:

dissinterested.
detached.
tired.
confused.
back on his heels.

All these and more.

He spent more time staring down at his lecturn then looking at Romney or Lehrer. When he did muster the courage to look at the camera he looked like a deer in the headlights. We all know Obama needs a prompter to half way function, but this was ridiculous.

This debate was horrid for the president.

Now, the good thing, or bad thing depending on who you are for, is that there are 2 more debates. If you remember your history well then you remember Reagan looked just as inept during his first debate with Mondale and then went on to ace the remaining debates and the election.

This should have been the death knell for Romney, but instead it reinvigorated him and his base, and perhaps more importantly his big dollar contributors who had started to pull back.

Time will tell.

-W
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:37:56 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:19 am »
I'm optimistic . The President has pulled many rabbits out of shabby hats over and over again when everyone said he was defeated , I'm betting he will do the same with this election and the next two debates . There are many more opportunity's for Mitt to put his foot in his mouth again before the election .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:15 am »
if they had to stop their advertising for the same period of time as they debate.  Living in a swing state SUCKS
ain't that the truth?! I don't even live in a swing state; but I do live close enough to one that we're inundated with those TV ads too. I haven't hardly seen a REAL commercial in months. ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »
ain't that the truth?! I don't even live in a swing state; but I do live close enough to one that we're inundated with those TV ads too. I haven't hardly seen a REAL commercial in months. ::)

Living in a non-swing state (Texas), I hardly see any ads.  Which is just as well.  The election cycle just makes me too anxious about the future.  Seeing all those ads would only add to that.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:20 pm »
Now, the good thing, or bad thing depending on who you are for, is that there are 2 more debates. If you remember your history well then you remember Reagan looked just as inept during his first debate with Mondale and then went on to ace the remaining debates and the election.

-W

I was born in 1990, so I don't know this Mondale person.  Bill Maher tweeted that apparently it is true that the president can't speak without his prompter.  However, I've seen him in interviews be assertive and list facts one by one.  Just saw him do this two weeks ago on 60 Minutes.  I think he fell into the incumbent trap.  And, I think all of Mitten's policy changes threw him off.  Although, he should know full well that what Mitt says today won't necessarily be what he believes tonight.  Mitt has a honesty issue.  I think he wanted to please his parents and all those Mormons that he learned to lie and say what he needed to say to make people like him.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »
I thought about this last night and curious about your thoughts.  It was his anniversary yesterday.  Perhaps he gave Michelle his Air Force One, when he should have abstained.  Sex does drain you and ready you for bed.  Otherwise, it is hard to understand what was happening. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »
Michelle should slip him some Ritalin. That was hard to watch. 
Oh, and Romney knew how to bullshit in simple terms.  Who the fuck told them debates were a good time for long winded statistics. They both were in over their heads on figures that meant little to anyone, and each misspoke.  Obama has to make shorter sentences for crissakes.   My eyes crossed then glazed over.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:06:43 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »
I live in Indiana and see so many ads it's ridiculous.  I'm assuming that's because Indiana is usually red, but in the last election went blue. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 03:14:40 pm »
This entire election seems similar to Gertrude Stein's quip about Oakland:
There is no there there. 
Really, for both of them, where's the beef?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 04:03:40 pm »

LOL! I do love pancakes!

I think the last time I made it through an entire presidential debate was 1980 when I had to write a school paper.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »
I wish they leave the people from Ohio the hell alone.  Several calls a days, most recorded.  I enjoy the live ones though.  When they ask who I'm voting for; I indicate that I keep track of the calls and will vote for the party that called the least".

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »
I only watch Bravo so there are no political ads. Didn't Ethan Hawke just look dreamy last night on WWHL?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »
I only watch Bravo so there are no political ads. Didn't Ethan Hawke just look dreamy last night on WWHL?

It scares me that you're the only other person addicted to Bravo. :o  I saw Carolynn Manso's home tour today on HGTV.  I pretty much love every show on that network. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »
Can't wait for the return of nelly ole Martyn Lawrence Bullard in Million Dollar Decorators! Returns next month.

And I got to watch Fabio Viviani last night, with his even hunkier best friend Jacopo Faleni. Fabio must be rolling in the dough, even though he never won Top Chef. He was tooling around in a Mercedes and all of his clothes were obviously wildly expensive.

http://youtu.be/l9oTTfvWbvU

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 06:09:09 pm »
Perhaps he gave Michelle his Air Force One, 

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
Do you guys remember "Bulge Gate?"  During the first debate between Bush and Kerry, Bush paused unusually long, before answering--long even for him.  Then, photos showed what appeared to be some device in his jacket.  That bulge was very unusual.  Many speculated Rove was feeding him answers.  I've always wondered what was up with that bulge and the delayed responses, while trying to avoid being a conspiracy theorists.

http://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?23418-Remember-Bush-s-quot-BULGE-quot-during-the-Bush-Kerry-debates

Offline mecch

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 07:56:02 pm »
Speaking of bulges, I'd pay to see John Hamm and Obama debate soap box style wearing tightie whities and Groucho Marx sunglasses.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »
Do you guys remember "Bulge Gate?"

It's a defibrillator. Either that or he needs secret directions on how to get back to the house when driving around on his ranch ... SEE HERE
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:06:47 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:16 am »
I was born in 1990....

Bollocks. No way are you only 22.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 08:15:39 am »
Wait. So now not only does Guilhermina lie about her age, but also Theodore? What is it about these hillbillies and aging issues? So not fetch.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 12:09:58 pm »
ok....
so here we go again.
sorry for such short notice (blame it on my fuzzy brain), but you are all invited over tonight to watch Biden and Ryan get it on.
there will be plenty of eats and drinks for all.
simply rsvp one hour prior to debate to give me a chance to run out for last minute supplies.
if for some reason you are unable to attend (can't imagine why), photos of what you missed will be posted tomorrow.
hope to see you all soon!
mitch

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »
I am thinking about driving to the debate.  It's not that far from Louisville.  I know we won't get in, but may be great place to pick up guys, behind the Chris Matthews set.  We have a tradition of going to political events, so think we'll go tonight. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:35 pm »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 04:50:34 pm »
hmmm....

getting a tad bit discouraged at the lack of response to my invite.

have been working my tail off with the preporations.
shopping, cleaning, cooking, choosing the perfect napkins (decided on cloth),
blowing up all of those balloons.

tried to please everyone with the menu.
beluga caviar and foie gras for miss p, ancho adobo tacos de bistec with grilled corn and tomatillo sauce for wumpy, bangers and mash for ann, and jello with fruit coctail for the midwest crowd.

perhaps you are all en route?

still keeping my hopes up.

mitch

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

beluga caviar and foie gras for miss p, ancho adobo tacos de bistec with grilled corn and tomatillo sauce for wumpy,

Miss P, naturally, adores foie gras. Now, I'll have to quibble with Guilhermina's pairing as she prefers her tacos hard shell, fake from an El Paso box. Authenticity confuses her palate.

Now I'll be off to select something from my extensive collection of (vintage) Helmut Lang. Season's "first freeze" arrives in 36 hours so I have to unpack sweaters and coats.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »
behind the Chris Matthews set.  We have a tradition of going to political events, so think we'll go tonight.
let us know! I'll be looking for you. LOL

simply rsvp one hour prior to debate
it's a loooong drive from SC to Connecticut. :o
so I'll have to say "sorry I won't be attending"  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »
mikie,

excuses, excuses.

just do what most of the other guests are planning.

get out on the tarmack of your nearest airport and hide in the wheel well of the next plane departing to hartford.  :D

Offline mitch777

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2012, 05:12:30 pm »
ps.

dress warm.

miss p. is already searching for her Helmut Lang.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »
Get yer Popcorn ready! Tonights debate is sure to be an entertaining event...I expect Biden to say something really ridiculous and half-way expect him to come out shirtless and all oiled up in an effort from keeping Ryan from catching him.

and then there's Ryan...cant wait to see his screw ups and how he handles the limelight.

Should be great TV

Will be on the look out for Tedderz trying to pick up guys also.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »
I usually vote for the custest one, but this time it comes down to intellect.   ;D  I know my state is a swing state and we is kinda smarts....lol

There are too many sheep in both political parties and I'm proud to a member of the thinking party. 

Modified because even I didn't understand my own post. :o  Damn afternoon cocktails.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:44:28 am by wolfter »

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 11:00:19 pm »
I usually vote for the custest one, but this time it comes down to intellect.   ;D 

Is this the face of a man you can trust  :o
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:30:03 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:53 am »

Is this the face of a man you can trust  :o

There is just something freaky looking about this puppet.  Nice body, but he reminds me of Screech from Saved by the Bell.

Offline mecch

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 06:51:18 am »
Just saw those Ryan photos on D-list, too.
1)  Got a little blip on my gaydar.
2) This dlist quote:  I used to think that the only time a grown man should wear a backwards cap is if he's about to give a beej....and I still think that.
3) He really does look like the gay dudes in their 30's and 40's who try and fail to pull off collegiate.
4) If he wasn't professionally such a douche, I'd say physically he's fine enough. But dude has no calves (not to mention lips).

its all a FREAKING FACADE with these Republicans.

Sad thing is, if we believe The Republic, Ryan doesn't even know what a Potemkin Village is.

http://www.tnr.com/article/magazine/politics/106459/paul-ryan-nasty-philosophy-self-reliance-ayn-rand?page=0,0#

Ryan’s mind is inadequately aerated. His intellectual universe is a conformist, like-minded universe; he gives no indication of any familiarity with, or curiosity about, thoughts and traditions that differ from his own. I am not competent to evaluate his numbers, but no budgetary expertise is required to see that his moral and political concepts are crude and sometimes weird. The passage about “the safety net ... transform[ing] self-reliance into a vice” continues: “The Nation becomes a vast Potemkin Village in which the most important elements—its people—are depleted by a government that increasingly ‘takes care’ of them, and makes ever more of their decisions for them. They take more from society than they provide for themselves, which corrodes society itself, from the inside out. The environment also becomes ripe for exploitation and control by the few who remain ‘ambitious.’” Is Ryan one of the “ambitious”? It is hard to say. The meaning of that sentence, with its Galt-like ominousness, eludes me. It is pretty clear that Ryan does not know what a Potemkin Village is: the entitlements against which he rails are neither artificial nor ornamental.

What's ornamental are fake "hot" middle age dudes who don't bother to work their calves.  Etch-a-sketch political and moral positions.  Do as I say, not as I do..... etc etc.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:54 am »
i thought Joe did well last night.
Ryan was scarey as usual but still wonder if he was able to pull the wool over the eyes of many.

as for my party...
lots of leftovers!
anyone for soup?

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:30 pm »
Good grief !!!  >:(      Obama took Florida in the last election.  I also have a problem with some of these polls, but according to this one, Romney's ahead.

It was taken before the VP debate, I hope Obama pulls it off on the next debate:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/10/11/exclusive_poll_romne.html

EDITED:  He needs to get down here ( and quickly),.. with Biden and do some campaigning !!

Ray
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:14:58 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mecch

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 06:46:34 am »
"We don't have a setting across this country where if you don't have insurance, we just say to you, 'Tough luck, you're going to die when you have your heart attack,'" Romney told The Columbus Dispatch on Wednesday, explaining why repealing President Obama's health care reform law would not result in catastrophe for sick people who can't buy insurance.

"No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it's paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital," Romney continued. "We don't have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don't have insurance."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/mitt-romney-hospital-uninsured_n_1961701.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.