Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:45:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Uncle Poodle on the Honey BB  (Read 26623 times)

Offline ds4146

Uncle Poodle on the Honey BB
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:38:30 pm »
I don't watch this crap but did read the home page and then the article. Call me stupid, please be nice, lol, but this makes me so mad.....

"Dino: What happened to your ex?
Lee: He is serving a 5-year sentence. I would have been cool with his HIV status if he had been honest. I don’t have an issue with the disease. I would have known how to protect myself."

This is such bullshit. I am in this forum because even after the 80's and 90's I was foolish and irresponsible. I made a bad decision, me, there were two people there, I hope, LOL, and here I am. I would never prosecute that person. It has taken a while to move on, forgive, not forget, but forgive, but not prosecute.

We all should have known, and many did, how to protect ourselves my self included, but we didn't. Let the blame land where it should, with ourselves.

Sorry for those of you loving this show, which I have never seen, but really find something more enlightening.

Okay, just needed to vent about this.

http://www.poz.com/articles/lee_thompson_uncle_poodle_1_23362.shtml

Okay, enough, off to see what the big W is eating tonight.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Uncle Poodle on the Honey BB
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:29:30 am »
I agree wholeheartedly.

Our society seems rife with the "blame game." Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own faux pas.

If someone is morbidly obese, it is McDonald's fault for offering unwholesome edibles in a super size.

If someone fails a class, it isn't because he or she failed to either do the work or speak up if the lesson were not understood, it is the professor's fault.

I had someone who is a meth addict tell me recently he was upset because he was fired from his job. He blamed his co-workers, whom he said were jealous of his abilities, not the fact he was seen shooting up in the back of the business and spent most of his time on the job tweaked out of his paranoid little brain.

But this uncle waste-of-space actually stating if he had known his partner's status, it would have led him to take precautions he didn't otherwise is completely outrageous.

Boy, I am on a roll tonight. Enough of the ranting.

HUGS,

Mark

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:34:35 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:17 am »

Sorry for those of you loving this show, which I have never seen, but really find something more enlightening.

Okay, just needed to vent about this.

Okay, enough, off to see what the big W is eating tonight.

Bonus points if you can tie it in with how the universe started
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:29 am »
We discussed this in another thread.  Many felt something wasn't right about the very fast-tracked arrest, trial, and prison sentence.  Has any news agency confirmed what Uncle Poodle said?  I suppose in a small town, they could charge, convict, and sentence someone quickly, especially someone who didn't have good legal representation.  He said this happened around May 2012, and the guy is already serving prison time?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:17:27 pm »

We all should have known, and many did, how to protect ourselves my self included, but we didn't. Let the blame land where it should, with ourselves.

http://www.poz.com/articles/lee_thompson_uncle_poodle_1_23362.shtml

Excuse me, but some of us didn't know we had anything to protect against when we got infected.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:49 pm »
Excuse me, but some of us didn't know we had anything to protect against when we got infected.

How old were you when you became infected?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:18:40 pm by Dachshund »

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:55 pm »
Sorry for the double dip.   My heart was in the right place but leaped before I looked. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:40 pm »
How old where you when you became infected?

My point is/was, that some of us were infected before the realization that the "gay plague" was amongst us.  Despite changing our behaviors, it was too late.  I have no idea when I was infected, but I tested positive at 21 and had AIDS at 24.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:41:06 pm by wolfter »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:29:10 pm »
My point is/was, that some of us were infected before the realization that the "gay plague" was amongst us.  Despite changing our behaviors, it was too late.  I have no idea when I was infected, but I tested positive at 21 and had AIDS at 26.

I was infected at 23 and had AIDS at 28, yet I knew by the age of 19 that I should use condoms. And we're the same age.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:33:55 pm »
In other HBB news http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/15/honey-boo-boo-mama-june-crazy-tony-not-welcome-banned/ .

Crazy Tony confirms TV has changed that family .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:41:04 pm »
I was infected at 23 and had AIDS at 28, yet I knew by the age of 19 that I should use condoms. And we're the same age.

That's great that you knew by 1984 about the need for condoms.  Not all of us were so lucky.  Condoms were not even discussed in regards to preventing pregnancy. ;D ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 01:43:01 pm »
That's great that you knew by 1984 about the need for condoms.  Not all of us were so lucky.  Condoms were not even discussed in regards to preventing pregnancy. ;D ;D

Uh, even my father knew condoms prevented pregnancy back in the early 50's. Did you think those machines selling the in truck stop men's rooms were for water balloon contests?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53:22 pm »
Out of boredom and mild irritability, I've been giving Poodle a what-for on his FB page. 

::)

#toomuchtimeonmyhands

(Did I do that hashtag thing right?  I don't tweet.)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »
giving Poodle a what-for on his FB page. 

What's a "what-for" mean down in Mayberry?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »
What's a "what-for" mean down in Mayberry?

read 'em the riot act

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 04:10:32 pm »
btw, his FB profile now says he's living in Midgeville, GA and is now "single" so I guess his shotgun marriage to Joshua two months after his divorce with his Jailbirdin' AIDS Monster didn't last very long.

Perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, the real problem are these lonely hicks who think that dating someone for two minutes enables them to enter the land of condomless monogamy (which, naturally, ends up being monogamous for about five minutes).

If you ask me they should all go to jail not for HIV transmission but for being morons.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:32 pm »
btw, his FB profile now says he's living in Midgeville, GA and is now "single" so I guess his shotgun marriage to Joshua two months after his divorce with his Jailbirdin' AIDS Monster didn't last very long.

Perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, the real problem are these lonely hicks who think that dating someone for two minutes enables them to enter the land of condomless monogamy (which, naturally, ends up being monogamous for about five minutes).

If you ask me they should all go to jail not for HIV transmission but for being morons.

^This.

But it's not just a country thing.  I see a lot of it in the more youthful set.  Lots of the fresh out of the box queer kids hook up with their first BF and are convinced they are never ever ever ever gonna break up and it's true love 4 ever.

They go through about 20 of those in a year, at least.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »
read 'em the riot act

It's nice to have someone else around who speaks Mayberry.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 04:24:59 pm »
^This.

But it's not just a country thing.  I see a lot of it in the more youthful set.  Lots of the fresh out of the box queer kids hook up with their first BF and are convinced they are never ever ever ever gonna break up and it's true love 4 ever.

They go through about 20 of those in a year, at least.

Oh, you're right that it's not just a hick thing (but I can't resist presenting it so!). I've had some of those City Slicker Smarter-Than-Thou types profess to me in private of doing so. And my best friend here does peer counseling at the William Way LGBT community center and encounters it there too. Makes me shake my head, I'll tell ya.

Maybe my memory isn't as sharp as it once was, but I rarely heard of such shenanigans in the 90's in NYC, partly because nobody would even move in together and share a lease for an apartment -- too dangerous. If the relationship fell through quickly one person would be totally shafted since it can take forever to locate another place, plus a LOT of upfront money. Hence why for 15 years there I never, ever considered moving in with a partner.

But I also think folks are just way, WAY quicker to dispense with condoms in relationships over the past 10-15 years. They thing the only dangerous types are the ones spread eagle at the West Side Club every weekend, not their dinner party throwing white picket fence social circle.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »
It's nice to have someone else around who speaks Mayberry.

Did Yall call me , here I am .

And for the record Im not one of those cum drunk hicks . I wear white gloves over latex to keep it from getting on me until I have a ring on my finger  ::)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »
Uh, even my father knew condoms prevented pregnancy back in the early 50's.

It's a shame he didn't use them more often
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

I heard he did but Miss P was hard to contain even as a tadpole .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »
I heard he did but Miss P was hard to contain even as a tadpole .

I wonder what it would be like if another had gotten through first, maybe we would have a MissQ today, like a really nice version of MissP, and cuter.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »

Well, there wasn't much of a need really -- my mother was pro-abortion even before Roe v. Wade was decided. Very progressive for a 75 year old born in the South during FDR's second term!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »
Well, there wasn't much of a need really -- my mother was pro-abortion even before Roe v. Wade was decided. Very progressive for a 75 year old born in the South during FDR's second term!

I bet your still terrified of wire coat hangers , poor dear .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »
what fer? come to jesus, thats what fer!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

I started to reply with the same comment but thought it was a tad offensive.  I reckon not. ;)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
I started to reply with the same comment but thought it was a tad offensive.  I reckon not. ;)

lolwut? dont take credit for my witty originality
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »
I hope Obama takes your guns away tomorrow. TYRANNY!

Offline Growler

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 07:19:05 pm »
scarryr thought. Poddle unce#l is ame ricas new faace of HIV  :o

greet role medol!

“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline ds4146

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 10:01:27 pm »

I did not mean to offend, however I do think that we were or should have been aware of other issues at any time, including today!

Be well.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:47 pm »
May well be laughed at for naiveness or just ridiculed for these statements as being un-pc  but I'll say it.

What the hell is the matter with expecting monogamy in a relationship whether gay or straight (or bi for that matter) if it was decided in the beginning to be a monogamous relationship?  Is that really an excuse for not telling another their status?

Understand this isn't the same as criminalization.  Nor is it a bow-out for a trick to cry foul for a one night stand (or several week stand for that matter) that results in any transmission of any communicable disease that could have been prevented with the use of a condom when both parties know as much.

But, when two people make a commitment to each other that states they will be monogamous and they should communicate all in regards to sexual health - then yeah, I do feel it is not okay to just say the one who gets infected should have known better or used a condom.

I am strongly against criminalization of HIV in almost every circumstance, but when and if someone knowingly hides and transmits their HIV infection to another who believes their partner is negative and/or monogamous then no, I have no shame in saying that person (the one who transmitted HIV) needs to be held accountable.

This isn't so much in relation to the Honey BOO BOO stuff (which I've yet to watch) so much as certain statements in this thread.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 12:34:28 am »
May well be laughed at for naiveness or just ridiculed for these statements as being un-pc  but I'll say it.

What the hell is the matter with expecting monogamy in a relationship whether gay or straight (or bi for that matter) if it was decided in the beginning to be a monogamous relationship?  Is that really an excuse for not telling another their status?

Understand this isn't the same as criminalization.  Nor is it a bow-out for a trick to cry foul for a one night stand (or several week stand for that matter) that results in any transmission of any communicable disease that could have been prevented with the use of a condom when both parties know as much.

But, when two people make a commitment to each other that states they will be monogamous and they should communicate all in regards to sexual health - then yeah, I do feel it is not okay to just say the one who gets infected should have known better or used a condom.

I am strongly against criminalization of HIV in almost every circumstance, but when and if someone knowingly hides and transmits their HIV infection to another who believes their partner is negative and/or monogamous then no, I have no shame in saying that person (the one who transmitted HIV) needs to be held accountable.

This isn't so much in relation to the Honey BOO BOO stuff (which I've yet to watch) so much as certain statements in this thread.

By that standard, however, the guy from whom I acquired the virus should have gone to jail. He and I were monogamous, and even got tested together. Thing is, he lied about his status (at the time we weren't allowed to get our status' together.)

But by now? He's be out of jail. I would still be Poz. And the stigma that I face would be just a tad worse than it is.

I just fail to see how, even as an instrument of vengeance, criminalization works

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 12:40:45 am »

wat

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 06:28:45 am »

If two people have committed to monogamy, and are having unprotected sex in that context.
Yes, I agree, its skeevy for one to cheat, and lie about it.  And its royally sucks if that cheating introduces an STD into the relationship.  And I do agree the betrayed party, has a right to be angry, hurt, vindictive, victimized, whatever he/she feels, its ok. And if the betrayed partner is infected with this STD, that doubly sucks.  And he/she does have a "right" to feel that he/she isn't "responsible" for the STD infection.

So here is where people argue that everyone is responsible for what they decide to do in every context. 
And that is correct also.

So its a contradiction that one must live in these circumstances:

One has a right to the benefits of a relationship built on trust. (in love, for example. Or professional in another example. Or trusting ones family. Or ones government, etc etc.)  And if trust is betrayed, one can be angry. And yet also, one always knows the risks of trust. So one should have known better.   

Life is filled with living contradictions. The annoying people are those who insist, it must be ONE SIDE or ANOTHER. That it is binary, mutually exclusive. 

For example, in the case of an STD transmission in such and such a context.  The ones who INSIST that there is an innocent and not responsible party, and a guilty AIDS monster party.   And everyone gets destroyed in such beliefs, including the "innocent" who is often ruined by his own anger and righteousness.

Overall, I think the OTHER SIDE - "you are ultimately responsible for your own actions and where you place trust, and so your own infections" -- that side is easier to live, protects more, and so probably wiser than the "innocent/guilty" side.  But its not really a 100% accurate view on the situation. 

Because, there was value and humanity in the living contradiction of trusting others and enjoying relationships and advantages based on trust. In a world that gives you many reasons to trust no one and trust in nothing.

Oh, and I agree with you its not criminal. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:33:57 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »
If two people have committed to monogamy, and are having unprotected sex in that context.
Yes, I agree, its skeevy for one to cheat, and lie about it. 

You're missing the point, or rather the point I was making -- folks are notorious for deciding on a monogamous relationship after meeting someone and spending ONE WEEK with them. I'm sorry, that's not indicative of a sane mind. And moving in with them after two weeks is surely a sign of degenerative cranial rot.

... but ooooooMAgeeeeee we wuz in luv!

You know, if you're 18 and do this and get AIDS that's one thing, and out of the goodness of my heart I forgive you. But when I hear folks doing this at 25, much less 35 or 45 then my head really spins like Linda Blair.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:21:09 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 02:57:09 pm »

Why JUST HIV?  You see, that is the crux of the problem here -- why single out one virus, as "sooooo bad" only a monster would knowingly withhold their status -- thus they should be imprisoned?  Why not herpes?  Why not HPV?  Hell -- why not imprison the idiots who go out in public with the flu -- people die of that.

THAT is why criminalizing HIV is wrong -- because it, alone, is singled out -- thus increasing stigma and, likely, decreasing testing -- which, increased infections................

Mike

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »
That Honey Boo Boo show, Uncle Poodle aside, is a total joke. It's plain nasty, but then again so are all these shows like Bad Girls Club, Jersey Shore. Pure exploitation. But I think Honey Boo Boo is a new low. That family are fat, nasty, and totally without class. Of course people watch it because it's like a bad freakshow, people can't look away. Of course honey boo boo is disgusting because her parents are. She picked it up from them. Go in any Walmart in small-town America and you see tons of people who wear pajama pants and look like they crawled out of bed after a two-week drug binge. I have a problem with it because these people don't do shit. If they had amazing talents like artistic, vocal, philanthropic, or otherwise, that might be worth noting. But these people don't do a damn thing but glorify bad manners and white trash.

To me the fact that the family is fat is a side issue, but important one also. The network should show families who deal with their obesity and put some semblance of a positive message out of this trainwreck. Often I find myself wishing I lived in a bygone era, because everyone dressed better, took more pride in their appearance in general. Pretty sad that TLC airs this shit.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »
You're missing the point, or rather the point I was making -- folks are notorious for deciding on a monogamous relationship after meeting someone and spending ONE WEEK with them. I'm sorry, that's not indicative of a sane mind. And moving in with them after two weeks is surely a sign of degenerative cranial rot.

... but ooooooMAgeeeeee we wuz in luv!

You know, if you're 18 and do this and get AIDS that's one thing, and out of the goodness of my heart I forgive you. But when I hear folks doing this at 25, much less 35 or 45 then my head really spins like Linda Blair.

I didn't miss your great point, Miss P. I completely agree.  And you're right - in the 80s (and 90's?) it was pretty ordinary for no one to trust anyone, and to have safe sex inside the couple that was going to last forever in fairytale land..... Anyhow it saved me, cause I had relationships with HIV+ people then, and safe sex, so I didn't get HIV. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »
That Honey Boo Boo show, Uncle Poodle aside, is a total joke. It's plain nasty, but then again so are all these shows like Bad Girls Club, Jersey Shore. Pure exploitation. But I think Honey Boo Boo is a new low. That family are fat, nasty, and totally without class. Of course people watch it because it's like a bad freakshow, people can't look away. Of course honey boo boo is disgusting because her parents are. She picked it up from them. Go in any Walmart in small-town America and you see tons of people who wear pajama pants and look like they crawled out of bed after a two-week drug binge. I have a problem with it because these people don't do shit. If they had amazing talents like artistic, vocal, philanthropic, or otherwise, that might be worth noting. But these people don't do a damn thing but glorify bad manners and white trash.

To me the fact that the family is fat is a side issue, but important one also. The network should show families who deal with their obesity and put some semblance of a positive message out of this trainwreck. Often I find myself wishing I lived in a bygone era, because everyone dressed better, took more pride in their appearance in general. Pretty sad that TLC airs this shit.

Hmm.  The step-dad works on HBB.  They don't live in a "trashy" house in my opinion.  They aren't on any welfare as far as I saw in the episodes I watched - so why do you apply this "nasty" stereotype direct from Romney and the right.  "Takers..."  And the family is making money on the show.  Where's the problem?   

I don't find them "nasty" (just maybe mama's nasty neck crud.) I don't care a few are fat.

And who defines who has "class"? 

This is all your opinion and you have a right to it.  Its not your cup of tea, so don't watch.  Why they need to be worthless trash in your eyes escapes me.

Offline mecch

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »
It would be interesting to know Uncle Poopie's "True HIV Crime Story."

But it reminds me a bit of that nasty website from a few years ago where some vigilante was letting people post their ex's supposed STDs....

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 05:10:12 pm »
I wonder if he will joint this site and make comments.  As for his in-jailed ex-love, he was young, hung, scared and not thinking clearly, I feel for him and hope he is safe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline mecch

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »
As for his in-jailed ex-love, he was young, hung, scared and not thinking clearly,

source?

Offline Newguy

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »
Why JUST HIV?  You see, that is the crux of the problem here -- why single out one virus, as "sooooo bad" only a monster would knowingly withhold their status -- thus they should be imprisoned?  Why not herpes?  Why not HPV?  Hell -- why not imprison the idiots who go out in public with the flu -- people die of that.

THAT is why criminalizing HIV is wrong -- because it, alone, is singled out -- thus increasing stigma and, likely, decreasing testing -- which, increased infections................

Mike

This is not true for just HIV. You can charge someone for giving you Herpes too. Here is one example of countless ones. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/herpes_verdict_in_portland_wom.html

Herpes is no where in the same league as HIV. Both are viruses and both can be transmitted through sexual contact yes this is true. But both have VERY different consequences. Smoking nicotine and smoking crystal meth are BOTH HIGHLY ADDICTIVE and VERY DANGEROUS but they clearly have different consequences. This is a tough one. If you have HIV and you know it you should disclose in my opinion. What do you think will happen? You can bank on falling in love before you tell the person? Maybe then they will be more receptive? The only time disclosure can be an issue is at the bathouse because there is are so many assumptions. Ironically speaking it is the only place I have dealt with rejection LOL! At the bar when I tell people I rarely deal with rejection (Luckily so far!).

Anyhow that is my two cents.

Best to all!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »
Go in any Walmart in small-town America and you see tons of people who wear pajama pants

Not this Walmart woman...

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:01:16 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Newguy

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »
Not this Walmart woman...

When did it become acceptable to ridicule anyone based on body image or based on whatever really? Isn't this bullying?

Offline mitch777

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »
When did it become acceptable to ridicule anyone based on body image or based on whatever really? Isn't this bullying?
i don't want to be blunt but this ain't church and we are all flawed.
 :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Newguy

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 09:23:10 pm »
i don't want to be blunt but this ain't church and we are all flawed.
 :)

Flawed has nothing to do with it but as long as we know we are blunt.

Best

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:29 pm »

Where did I ridicule her?

Some guys love this shape, and maybe Im one of them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:28:26 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Newguy

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
Where did I ridicule her?

Some guys love this shape, and maybe Im one of them.

Perhaps you are correct. A picture is indeed worth a thousand words!

Best

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.