Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:30:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 275
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 275
Total: 275

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread - Part XXVI: No April Fools here!  (Read 52494 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Thread - Part XXVI: No April Fools here!
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 08:35:07 am »
Morning ladies:

Cin, I remember last year when you were going through all that congestion.  I'm glad the allergy pills are taking care of it.

Viv, it would really be the bomb if we ladies could all meet up sometime.  We don't have to give up that hope-it can happen someday.

Mum, have you tried the Claritin?  It wouldn't hurt.

Snow, wow.  You're quite the busy person.  I think it's great that you volunteer.  I want to do that this summer when I'm not in school. 

Queen, I'm the same way you are as far as 'counting' on things.  I never count on anything until it's in my hot little hands.  I guess it's all the years of disappointments.  It does sound like things are starting to at least look up for you some, and I'm so glad about that.  I agree, you've had enough shit.  It's time for some sunshine.

Veritee, you don't have to respond to us individually right away.  Sometimes I'm away from here just for an afternoon, and it takes me awhile to catch up.  I had my hair dyed jet-black in the late 80's, wore black eyeshadow, black lipstick etc.  I don't do that now; I'm too fair-skinned.  I am blonde, and that's from a bottle also. 

Oh, Wish, that's great that you quit those Black & Milds.  They are rough on the body.

I have tons of laundry to do today.  And I want to get some new tennis shoes.  I donated quite a few pairs of shoes to the Goodwill yesterday along with the 5 bags of clothes.  I've picked Monday as a quit date (for the smoking).  I really want to do this this time.  Smoking brings me nothing good except maybe some stress-relief.  But there are other things for that.  Other than that, I really have nothing exciting planned today (do I ever).   I'm listening to my new Kid Rock cd again.  I also have a new Bob Seger one and Joan Jett.  I don't know why I felt compelled to buy the Joan Jett one, but Crimson & Clover is on it, and I absolutely love Joan Jett's version.  You ladies have a good morning.  Be back later. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 10:01:09 am »
Win, I finally realized who you look like! Did you ever watch "In Living Color"? Well in the beginng there was a woman who did a lot of skeches with Jim Carrey and you kind of look like her.  :)

That is SOOOO true!..Are you silly like her too WIn?..you could win a contest for lookalike...
MUm: Mini's hair is pretty..i would just spray with detangler and add some type of oil to it..maybe some African Pride or B&B castor oil rub it in (not too much or it will be white) and get her some headbands and just let her wear it out...keep it moist...its not kinky at all...she got the good stuff..lol
Queen/Snow: that fool didnt even show his face to my door if he did come to Jersey...He always threatening to come do something to me..I dont imagine he would mess his police job up but who knows with that character..He will do anything in order not to pay child support...But i did go and fill the papers out (again) yesterday and dropped them off..its so tedious with outta state cases..but hopefully my packet makes it there..and get the ball rolling before fall..i feel bad cus my kids wont be seeing him this summer but oh well...My bf said they dont need him anyway..but i dont want him to think that i want him to be his replacement...he only has one child and i have never been the type to push my kids off on anyone...i really hate this situation .. :'(...
Oh yeah I have been with section 8 (well in that office) for 4 years now..i actually work in the department that gives money to municipalities and developers to build affordable housing but i get section 8 calls all the time...cus they are right across from me..maybe 6 cubicles over..I have section 8 tho too..so i know about them inspectors...I still pay 7 something for rent tho...sheesh..
Betty: yeah them things were stinking up my car, my room..my hair..they had to go..and bf hated them..but i was smoking cigs when i met him..i let them go but started the blacks..not im off those..i smoked weed yesterday but only a little ..my bff smokes a lot and everyone comes over to smoke at her house...so they just kept coming so i left..weed makes me eat and i think i wanna stop smoking them in the dutches..i need a bong or something....
Veritee: your hair ROCKS!!!! Welcome and i look forward to hearing from you...

Hello to all my girls!....Re: Avatar: I started taking my braids out yesterday...UUGGHHH..i hate it..I think i want to get a sew in next...with a full bang and soft long curls...we shall see...bangs sometimes bombard my face and i hate to hide all this beauty behind some stupid hair.....Peace everyone!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 01:14:14 pm »
I did manage to get in a few more hours sleep but every time I say I am going to sleep in, I never do..Oh, well..After smoking a blunt with the roomie, I go down to check the mall and a shut off notice is hanging on my door from the gas company..72 hours. I didn't panic since I had spoken to my case manager yesterday who said she would call the gas company and let them know that the check is in the mail, so to speak. Of course, she has done her 2 days this week so she was not in when I called. I explained everything to Laurie who is wonderful. She looked in my case manager's notes and there was no mention of calling the gas company. WTF? So, since she knows what is going on and that the money has been approved from my ASO's HQ, she said she would call the gas company and talk to them. She said she would call me back. I love that woman, she should be a case manager. Her talents are wasted as a receptionist.

Wishful-- Girl, I know about them braids. I have had mine down for a few weeks now since I perm my hair after wearing braids. I wear my braids for up to 6 months but the last time only 2. I am thinking about doing some sew in too but it will be my first time, I have never attempted it before. I was going to buy a hair book and see how I do.

I guess that's it for me for now..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline germangirl

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 01:51:48 pm »
Hi Ladies,

just want to say hello again. I am still doing my exercises.

Sorry, can't refer to all your stories, there are too many information to keep in mind.

Hope you are well.

Just had a check at my gynaecologist   yesterday. Everything is great, he loves my ovaries and my uterine. He always says there are fine and okay.

He asks me all the times when I want to get pregnant, he still doesn't know my husband is HIV positive. Don't know how he would react.

What a shit.
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 02:25:51 pm »
I"m right along with you on the high pile of laundry.  I've done a few loads and still have 1 to dry and 1 to wash and dry.  Then I'll be done until the kiddies get on their jammies - then I get to start all over again. 

Wish: I have to wet her hair everyday and put olive oil lotion in it.  If not, it gets really kinky and dry looking.  Even after she sleeps on it during the day, she wakes up with it looking dry.  I only wash it 2x /wk. with Creme of Nature shampoo and conditioner.  If I do anymore than that, it just ends up a mess.  After she swims, i put in a rinse that's supposed to rinse out the chlorine.  I use it when we're at the beach, too.  I need to post a picture when it was REALLY big.  It was all frizzed out and I had no idea what to do with it.  Thank goodness for cute hats :P  I also get it trimmed up every month or the ends get little afro-puffs on them.  This time, I'm going to have them clean up her stack in the back.  We have to stick to barretts.  We tried all kind of handbands, but they hurt the bone behind her ear.  With her lipo, it pokes out and anything on it hurts.

On the menu tonight: BBQ chicken cooked all day in the crockpot, noodles with parmasean cheese, and fresh green beans. 

The laundry continues to call my name...better go answer lest we be forced to prance around nekked.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 02:40:26 pm »
Win, I finally realized who you look like! Did you ever watch "In Living Color"? Well in the beginng there was a woman who did a lot of skeches with Jim Carrey and you kind of look like her.  :)
Kelly Coffield?

Veritee Welcome to the girls section.

Cindy Thanks  

Snowangel Feeling ok right this minute aside from diarrhea. I've been running low grade fevers in the evenings. But I'm alright.
Harry Potter?

wishful I don't think I'll be winning any look alike contest but I have a tendency to be goofy. I amuse me all the time.

Mum Dinner sounds goooood

Offline wishful

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 03:12:33 pm »
Wini thats your sister!!!!!

Mum: yes try the silk scarf for her if she can keep it on..otherwise try the braids then...get someone who can cornrow well..not just anyone cus her hair wil frizz out and look like nothing was done to it...

Queen..my bff does my hair..she does sew in fast too...so i guess they are pretty easy...its either taht or ima get a pony tail but i dont wanna relax my hair quite yet...im tryin to grow it out like it used to be...(shoulder length) now its prolly nape of neck lenghth since my mohawk cut..

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2008, 04:02:45 pm »
Wishful--- I am glad it is a quick process. I have a question though, does she braid your hair first then sew in or braid some and leave some of your hair out to blend in with the sew in? You know what I mean? I have never seen it done or I could pick it up. I mean my bff does her own sew in but I don't like the way she does it. So since I have never seen it done or looked in a book, I am assuming. I may try to see what I can find online. I have never done ponytails either but was told they are really easy.

Winiroo---Yep, that is just who you look like but I assume you have heard that before.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2008, 04:15:06 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

I got the laundry done.  Then I got a new pair of shoes.  I have to meet my professor at school in a couple hours to get some reading material.  I wish I didn't have to, I'd just take a nap.  I feel completely burned out.  I'm not sure why.  I'm blaming it on my increased smoking. :P (cigarettes) 

Wendy, omg, you do look like her! 

Mum, supper sounds really good.  Can I come live with you guys? :D

I really have nothing to report.  Nothing exciting ever happens to me.  Well, I shouldn't say that.  Sometimes amusing things happen.  Just not lately.  But that's alright.  I might get laid this weekend (might), so maybe that'll fix me for awhile.  Have a good afternoon/evening ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline wishful

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2008, 04:28:45 pm »
Queen: depending on the hairstyle...like if u get a whole head of deep wave or spring curl or something like that then u dont need to leave hair out..but for a straight sew in then yes u need to blend the hair..
ok ladies im outti for the night...talk in the am...

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 05:34:46 pm »
Winiroo---Yep, that is just who you look like but I assume you have heard that before.

Nope, never heard that before. But she does resemble me, or maybe I resemble her. I donno...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 06:19:11 pm »
Win- You really do look like her:)  Remember how in Harry Potter all the photographs moved?  That is what your latest pic reminded me of .

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline minismom

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 06:41:23 pm »
Betty, hun, you are welcome to our home any time you want and you can stay however long you want.  Dinner was really good, if I do say so myself.  And, well, i do. ::) 

Gotta go switch out my last load of laundry and then work on the girls' dresses.  I'm making matching outfits for them.

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »
Hello ladies. Our computer is back up. Thanks Betty for letting everyone know. It was a pleasure to talk to you the other night.        I am well and hope everyone else is. I will check in in more depth Friday.    Goodnight. Cristy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2008, 09:50:53 pm »
Ok, I looked up Win's twin.  My vote is still for the Mad TV girl because of the big beautiful eyes Win has.

What do you think? 

Oh, and today sucked, but it was 5 months for Iceman and I.  Where the fuck is my weekend?   :(  I need it.....BAD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2008, 09:59:30 pm »
Win, that is exactly who I was talking about! LOL! You must have known who I meant. Well not much to report. The kids have "spring fever" and I can't blame them. I swear a lot of them got taller over spring break. Most of them are as tall as me and a couple are taller. It's funny. Anyways...I have some papers to grade but I don't want to do them  :) Maybe I'll get to them later.

Which MadTv girl?

Offline minismom

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 11:00:32 pm »
Hubby has threatened to load me up with melatonin, slather me in vick's vapor rub, put in ear plugs, and hook me up to oxygen so i can get a good night's sleep.  It's so frustrating to be exhausted and not be able to shut down and just sleep.  I try wearing myself out (outta the gutter ladies ;)) but all that does is make me more tired and doesn't help the sleep issue any.  So, here's to a decent night sleep.  I'm going to try some Tylenol severe congestion.  Hopefully that'll break up the gunk in my chest enough for me to breathe.

Hope all of you had a great Wednesday (right, Betty?).  We're on the downside to the weekend.  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and moochies to you all :-*
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2008, 01:09:07 am »
Just checking in before I roll over and go to sleep. I haven't been sleeping too well the past few days. I need to rest up because hopefully I will know something about the damn car in the morning. I've had a headache for the past 2 days, I think it is my allergies. Can't wait for it to warm up but hates the allergies, I don't know how people deal with it. I just acquired them in 2006 right before I lost my hearing.

Christy, good to hear from you again. Yeah, Betty let us know what was up with you. Cindy, just breathe, gf, you'll be with Ice in no time. I would say more but the light from this laptop is hurting my eyes. Be well ladies.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 07:27:51 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, just remember, if I show up at your doorstep wrapped in a blanket, you ok'd it.  Seriously, it would really be nice if all of us ladies could meet up someday, somewhere.  And yes, yesterday was Wednesday (lol).  I really hope you get that congestion taken care of.  Why don't you just break down and go to the doctor?  If one of your kids were in the same shape, you'd be making a beeline for the doc's.  And if something were to happen to where you'd be bed-bound, who'd look after the kiddies?  And I for one would miss our mum.  Please, Kristine, take care of yourself.

Cristy, I'm so glad you got the computer running again.  Call me anytime you like.  I will call back if I'm not here. 

Cin, the weekend is coming.  You'll be with Ice in no time.

Queen, I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how the car is coming along.  Please let us know. 

Today I'm going out to lunch with Liz (some of you remember, she's my lesbian friend).  She just passed the state exam for medical assisting, so I suppose it will be kind of like a celebration lunch.  We're going to go to a local Mexican restaurant which is absolutely fab.  None of this Hacienda crap.  It's real authentic Mexican. 

I'm trying to get myself psyched for the big quit date Monday (cigarettes).  I absolutely cannot stand the 'smoker's cough,' shortness of breath, and the smell of cigarette smoke.  And being that my mum had lung cancer (from 2nd hand smoke), and my father had COPD, my chances of living a long, happy life as a smoker are slim to none.  It's time.  Last summer when I quit for like 2 months and was exercising every day, I was actually able to come off Insulin.  Maybe I'll have that success again.

Nothing else exciting planned for today.  I'm going to try to read my homework.  Oh, and this morning I'm going to clean my apartment.  The landlord will be here in a couple hours to collect the rent.  So, I'm off to check out a few more threads.  Be back later.  You all have a good morning and for God's sake, behave!

Offline netta

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:14 pm »
OK,Ok, So I made a little mistake, lol, I really meant vagina bitch !!! LOL, no just kidding. I shouldn't write when i'm so tired i can't  spell ! that was so funny, "a beach for lesbians??" lol. Well I am off to" you know where" this afternoon. I am still tired , but no runs,so thats a good thing. How about I'm getting my lights turned off ?? I have never ever had this happen to me, but its beyond my control. When I was in VA. last time I let a friend stay at my place and he ran my bill up. i was mad and cursed him out, he  kept promising to pay and now even today check day and he doesn't have my money!!! this has ended our friendship. He has been like a brother to me until this. He was dating a girl that lives in my apt complex and they broke up . i though I was doing him a favor. but the joke was on me. Anyway i can't worry about it  ,i will stay with my daughter untill I get enough money up to pay it. i also had filed bankruptcy last year when I got laid off my job. I think I wiil play the lottery for sure.If I hit big I will send all of us on a cruise and give everyone of you ladies some money! Just think wouldnt it be nice if we could all meet up?? Maybe we could write a grant  and get enough money for everyone to travel to one central location and say its a womens aids support  retreat. ??? Luv to all, busy today, will check in when I get there. My flight leaves at 6pm, say a prayer for me.

ps excuse spelling, I am getting senile , since turning 50 last month, well just give me ,some depends , some bifocals and a  cane . lol . Oh and a joint.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:27:11 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 01:15:29 pm »
Nicole Sullivan is real pretty but I dont see much of a resemblance aside from being goofy.

LOL Netta your so funny

Offline minismom

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 04:26:05 pm »
Betty, if you're brave enough to show up here - you'd be very much welcomed.  I just woke up from a 3 1/2hr nap and now have to get dinner in the over so the gang can eat before baseball practice.  Hubby had clients today and came home with some new meds, orange juice, and more Vick's vapor rub.  I usually only take meds at night and suffer through the day. I really hate taking medicine.  Today, I broke down and I'm taking stuff every 4hrs.  I'll give this a couple of days and then, if need be, I'll head to Quick Care.  I just hate forking out $120 for someone to tell me that I'm congested. 

It's a cloudy nasty day today with a threat of rain.  If we can just make it through the weekend, next week promises to at least be sunny.  If not, the weather man better change his name and RUN!  We're going to take next week off from school.  We haven't had a Spring break yet.  We're going to drive to Pittsburgh and visit the zoo.  Of course, on the way, we're stopping in Morgantown for some IHOP.  Hubby's birthday is next Thursday and he declared that he wants a scent.  Not sure what exactly that means, but....ok...I"m guessing cologne? 

That's about all I have the engery for right now, ladies.  I'm still trying to recover.  Much love to you all!

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 08:56:32 pm »
Have you tried Mucinex? I think a bottle is about 10 bucks.

That's what the docs here try to get us to take when we have any chest congestion.

Offline minismom

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:40 pm »
I can't get musinex to work.  This new stuff - and taking it all day long - seems to help.  The most aggrivating thing is that i can't taste anything.  I'm hungry but don't feel like eating anything.  I've drank almost a gallon of OJ - don't want to know how many calories that is. ;)  I'm off to take a shower before Eli Stone comes on. 

Hugs and Moochies to all of you! 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 09:48:40 pm »
Good evening ladies,

Mum, this is an order-get to the frickin' doctor and get something to clear that nasty infection!  We don't want to risk anything happening to you.  Oh, yes, I imagine your hubby would like some nice cologne.  Maybe some Calvin Klein?  That's always a good choice.

Netta, I hope you're all safe and sound now.  And please have a wonderful time.  I'm sorry about your electricity being shut off.  That sucks.

Well, I had a pretty much uneventful day.  I took Liz to lunch at the Mexican place, which was good.  Then I went to Bath and Body Works and got a light scent for the summer.  I also got a candle at Yankee Candle.  I was very good other than that.  I walked through the mall, and passed right by Macy's without stopping in.  That's improvement for me.  Sometimes I have moments of weakness when it comes to spending money, and then could kick myself.  I refuse to go to the mall on weekends because of how over-crowded it is. 

I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.  When I woke up, I felt pretty good, and just hung around here the rest of the night.  My sister in Phoenix called me and talked for 2 1/2 hours.  She's going through a hard time re the loss of my parents.  She's a very overly-emtional person, and sometimes it's hard to take talking to her for any length of time.  And she does like to talk. 

OK ladies, you all have a good night.  I hope everyone's feeling alright and behaving.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2008, 10:15:38 pm »
I can't get musinex to work.  This new stuff - and taking it all day long - seems to help.  The most aggrivating thing is that i can't taste anything.  I'm hungry but don't feel like eating anything.  I've drank almost a gallon of OJ - don't want to know how many calories that is. ;)  I'm off to take a shower before Eli Stone comes on. 

Hugs and Moochies to all of you! 

Mum

UUgh I hate it when you get so stopped up you loose all sense of taste and smell. That sucks so bad. Eating looses all its joy.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2008, 10:34:37 pm »
Mum, what are we going to do with you?  Since you have tried everything under the sun, it can't hurt to try one more "remedy."  When I was sick non-stop last fall, my massage therapist said to help relieve congestion and to stop a cough, do this:

Put Vick's Vapor Rub ON YOUR FEET at bedtime (I am thinking on the bottom of the foot....) and put on a pair of socks over the rub. 

She swears its loosens things up and clears a cough, too.  Who knows?  I bought the Vapor Rub but never got around to trying it.  My symptoms kept on changing.

Try that Claritin, I'd swear you have allergies.  My mother says it takes a few days to start working.  I felt better on day three a few weeks ago, and haven't stopped taking the 24-hour pill each day.  I sure wish you felt better!

Yes, Win, your "character" sure reminds me of Nicole Sullivan, and the shape of the face, too!  I love your photos!  :D

Queen, what's going on with the job dilly?  Any news?

Netta, sorry to hear about the lights being out?  You mean your power is O-F-F?  Oh goodness.  And it was "VAGINIA" so say vuh-JINE-yuh, lol!  A happy medium of the beach and a Vuh-Jay-Jay, like Oprah likes to say.  You made the mistake in two different posts so I thought you MEANT to do it, and had one up on us, lmao!  GF, you are crazy!  :D

Betty, yes, I remember Liz.  That's cool that she's a med asst.  Have fun celebrating and ask her what the heck could be wrong with our Mum here!  :)

It was my job to settle the BIGGEST account at work today, on my own for the first time.  My mgr kept saying "no" to things I suggested when it didn't balance.  I insisted for three hours, checking and rechecking the numbers, and guess who was RIGHT?  Sure wasn't my mgr.  There was a mistake in the computer with the figures and the mgr had to void out a transaction, so then the account settled.  Mmmmm-hmmmm.  :D

Oh and the other AP girl told me today that she "had more experience with these things" when she was merely referring to filing away folders alphabetically.  I tried to contain my laughter as best I could.  I hadn't filed folders away from Monday because I was busy settling about two dozen multi-million dollar accounts, so my "filing"  (which I AM experienced in  :D) fell by the wayside.

Lord knows that filing shoulda been my priority.   :P

Nuff said, every day is a brand new day and .....

TODAY CINDY KICKED ASS WITH THOSE ACCOUNTS!!!!

I can't wait to see Iceman tomorrow!  Also, an inch of rain here tonight, too, ugh.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:36:50 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »
Moon- Do allergies affect your ears?  I have never had an ear infection so I am not sure what one feels like?  I have been having the stuffy nose, chest congestion, headaches and a wierd feeling in my ears and I was wondering if it might be allergies?

Thanks,
Snow

Hope everyone is well   See above, I feel like shit :)....AGAIN

tendai

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2008, 04:30:52 am »
Hi ladies

Mum - your April fools story was hilarious! i hope u get to a doctor and maybe get something that works and feel better soon
Snow - sorry u're feeling shitty - get well soon
Cindy - great to hear u're kicking ass at work.  i hate accounts myself especially when they dont balance. and dont even talk about debt chasing oh my gosh. enjoy your  Iceman today
Queen - hows the job and car coming along?
Betty - good luck quitting smoking. i read this book where people who were trying to quit smoking hired this funny company. so this company would do weird things to your partner as punishment if u smoked. how they knew u smoked was a mystery. the main character had his wife electrocuted or something on her feet, i dont really remember. and there was another guy whose wife had a finger cut off because he smoked. a bit extreme huh?
Netta - have a safe trip. glad u're feeling better. sorry about your friend f*ing up your gas bill and all. hope u get your lights back on again
Wendy - u do look like kelly. or is that you in the last picture?
Viv- u're beautiful, great picture!
Wishful - your ex is such an asshole! he'll get his one day. what goes around comes around...
Veritee -welcome, love the hair!

i got my hair cut really short yesterday. i got sick of watching it break and my hairline receding bcoz of the braiding. people are saying i look like an ugly boy. oh well. im just glad to not have to worry about buying damn moisturiser and oil treatments and sets and the whole damn business. besides all the stuff was getting too expensive for me. 
we're still waiting for the results of the presidential elections. whats taking so damn long, we'll start to think they're trying to cheat or something. its almost a week now ??? at least we got the parliament majority so its something. hopefully Mugabe wont be difficult. he swore he would never let Tsvangirai rule the country. fingers crossed!

oh forgot to mention tomorrow will be my third year anniversary of my diagnosis. still meds-free YAY!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:02:24 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2008, 06:05:25 am »
Morning ladies:

OMG, Tendai, so good to hear from you!  I've been quite concerned.  I really, really hope the election comes out good and that there's no funny business.  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.  And hey, who cares what people are saying about your new hair?  If you're comfortable with it, that's all that counts.  I used to put almost a whole can of hairspray in my hair back in the 80's-early 90's.  Finally I just decided comfort is more important than some style.  I still use hairspray, just not a whole can.

Cin, congratulations on those accounts.  I could never work with numbers.  Of course, I said the same thing about having to take Algebra, and ended up getting an A, so who knows.  Have a good time with Ice this weekend.  Are you staying at his house?

Snow, I hope you get to feeling better.  I used to work for an allergist/immunologist.  Allergies can affect everything, ears, eyes etc.  The rule is that if the snot's not yellow/green, it's viral or allergies.  Hopefully yours is allergies and can be controlled with some medication.  I have constant sinus problems, but mine is from smoking; so when the smoking goes, hopefully so will the sinus problems.

Today I'm up very early.  I wish I would've slept an extra hour.  I'm going to try to get off a couple callouses on my feet this morning.  I got some stuff at the drugstore that's supposed to get rid of them.  And I want to paint my toenails, since sandal weather is on its way.  My feet are so horrendous looking though.  I've broken every one of my toes and my big toe on my left foot is, I believe, a hammer toe because it curves underneath the toe next to it.  On my right foot, the first two toe's nails are thick, but not from a fungus.  A podiatrist told me it was caused from me banging them into something previously.  Which has happened, a few times.  If I was on the ball, I'd have surgery to correct the hammertoe, and get a pedicure.  I'm not very trusting with getting a pedi though.  I've heard of women getting fungal infections from soaking their feet in those things that the feet are soaked in.  They claim one can't sanitize those baths 100%.  I've had a fungal infection under one of my toenails before and it took forever to clear. 

I'm also meeting a girl that used to work at the ASO here for lunch.  She works for Child Protective Services now.  We've always remained friends.  So that should be nice.  I'm supposed to have some company coming in from out-of-town this weekend.  Supposed to, anyway.  We'll see.  I'm like Queen in that respect, I never believe something until it happens (unless it's bad news, that is).  I'm actually cooking tomorrow.  A really good recipe I have for Spanish Rice.  And I got a loaf of 3-cheese bread from Panera Bread to go with it.  Of course, I had to sample a piece of it last night, and it is wonderful. 

Other than that, nothing much else to report right now.  Have a good morning ladies, and for heaven's sake mum, do something about that darn congestion!

Offline minismom

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2008, 10:23:09 am »
My sweet ladies, I am on the mend.  I had a couple of hours in the wee morning (from 1:30 - 4am) when I needed to sit in my chair so I could breathe.  But, I was able to get back to sleep once the meds kicked in.  I got some Viramist nasal stuff from the doctor.  She gave me a free sample, but it's full-sized.  It's a once a day, but the doc said it's better to use it at night.  Then, during the day, I take this stuff called "mucous relief and cough" every 4 hours, and every 4hrs, take 1 chlortab for allergies.  At night, i can also take 800mg of ibuprofin to reduce the inflammation in my chest.  So, basically, i'm taking something every 2hrs, alternating between the mucous stuff and the chlortabs with ibuprofin and viramist at night.  I just started it last night, but I do feel better this morning. 

We're getting the kids ready to go to the movies.  Gonna see "Horton".  If nothing else, I'll get a good nap..lol!  Thank you all for the lovingly harsh words.  They were needed.  I'm stubborn and tend to think of myself last, if at all.  Big hugs to every one of you! :-*

Betty, I'll look for some Calvin Klein today after the movie.  Of course, I can't smell anything, so hopefully it'll smell good and won't set off my allergies.  It'd be a heck of thing to be allergic to Hubby and his new "scent"..lol

Be well, my lovies!  It's Friday...CELEBRATE!!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2008, 01:02:05 pm »
Wendy - u do look like kelly. or is that you in the last picture?
All the pictures of me have my name written on them. I'm going to guess it was her not me.

Thank you Cindy. and thanks for the other thing too... Not saying anything else because likely I'm being monitored LOL

Mum - LOL he sure picked a shitty time to want a new scent. Hope you get better soon.

Snow - Its kinda hard to describe what an ear infection feels like. Guess it would initially feel like fullness in the ear, pressure. Then you'd feel pain. Sometimes your ears feel wet on the inside or itchy. Right behind your earlobe if you push you might feel a lump and tenderness. That is pretty much where your Eustachian tube is located. It is the part of your ear that would drain away any fluids. Your ears and sinuses are all connected by these types of tubes so if you get an infection in one it can travel to the other.

I'm feeling much better. I'm not 100% I still have a slight cough from some fluid in my upper lungs. What I described above is the culprit. I started off with an ear infection and it traveled to my sinuses and then proceeded to drip into the back of my throat so that I inhailed it causing my lungs to get congested.
Aside from nightly low grade fevers I'm doing pretty good. I'm not sure why I only get fevers in the early evening and not during the day.

Ok, I'm done rambling.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2008, 01:33:46 pm »
Hey There Everyone----

Sorry, I didn't post, it was one busy day yesterday, I was literally running around til almost after 10 pm. I had my son's car, yep, he has a car, long story but he let's his Ma Dukes(his nickname for me) use it when he is not busy. I put about 25 bucks of gas in it. It just felt good to drive again. Speaking of driving, my car isn't done yet but I'm not mad or disappointed because I knew something was going to happen. The guy at the garage said one of his mechanics didn't show up for work, I guess he is the one who is to put my car on the inspection thingy but it is suppose to get done today. So, I am waiting to hear something but he is going to have to wait to get some of his money. Why? Because my cable company pulled a fast one and turned my cable off before I could get in to pay the bill and they taxed me extra to get it back on. And this is after I made arrangements last week to pay my bill yesterday. Suffice it to say, I was pissed. They continued to give me the run around after I paid them waiting for my services to be restored. Then when my services were restored everything was back on but the dvr box in my bedroom. Once I called them, it was a horrendous hold time then I got disconnected after 20 minutes. I called back about 4 times total after being given excuse after excuse to finally find someone competent enough to flip a switch or send a signal to the dvr box. Service was restored close to 11pm.

After the fiasco with Time Warner, I started doing my hair. I am not done yet but I should be some time today since I am not doing braids this time. Today I am going to chill, finish my hair, watch some wrestling and wait on my gay bf to come over so we can watch Battlestar Galatica tonight. He told me one of his smoke buddies came over wanting to smoke and he turned him down. Honestly, I don't know whether to believe him or not but I congratulated him. I am not going to worry about it anymore.

Cindy, you asked me about the job, I have to bring in my ID and SS card on April 15 so I guess I have the job. I won't know anything else til then. I did make my case worker aware of it so I am waiting on paperwork from her so I can get a clothing allowance. I am happy about the job but am not going to be doing flips or anything til I find out when I start. I guess it is the pessimist in me.

Snow, it is my understanding that allergies can affect the ears,nose, throat and even the teeth. I found out I had allergies shortly before losing my hearing in 2006. My teeth have been hurting the past few days along with the sides of my nose too. I was using Afrin but read the article on HIV and Allergies on Poz so I decided to go with a saline solution. My nose can be running one minute and dry as a desert the next which painful as hell. Sometimes it makes my nose bleed but the saline solution has helped a great deal for me.

Betty, when I blow my nose, I get clear and yellow sometimes mixed with a little blood. What does that mean? I am guessing the blood is from my nose being dry or blowing too hard. I just ordered some stuff from Avon which included some nail polish. I did my toes last night.

Mum, You gotta let me know how Horton is. I love me some Seuss. Isn't Jim Carrey in that one too? Now Mum, if the latest slew of things don't work, take your maternal rear to the doctor!!!! Don't make me come over there... :D

I need to peruse the rest of the forums before getting back to my hair. I will check in on you all later. Maybe once I get my hair done, I will take a pic. I know I said that before but I do need some new ones. Later homies.....lol@myself.... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2008, 01:47:16 pm »
Time Warner uggh. I have them too. For cable and internet. Everything is good with the service I get as long as nothing wrong happens LOL

I just colored my hair again. Its still a little darker than it will be. I've been trying to get the red out of it. My hair has a natural chemical imbalance so that no matter what color you dye it it wants to be red. Especially if I color it blonde. I can tell already by looking at the roots its going to be auburn. That was a waste of money...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:04 pm »
Good afternoon ladies,

Well I just got back from going out to eat with a friend of mine who actually used to be my case manager at my ASO.  It was alright.  The rest of the day I'm going to probably just stay home and chill out a little.  I've been running around crazy for the last few days.  And I'm tired, well sorta.  I'm happy to report the blood sugar has been under good control the past couple days.

Mum, lucky for you you're on the mend.  I was going to get jakey on you (don't know exactly what that means, I just used to hear it all the time).  I hope you all enjoy the movie.

Wendy, you better take care of yourself also.  What is up with you ladies?

Queen, I'm glad you got to drive some.  I know it feels good after not doing it for awhile.  I hope your car gets done quick.  The cable company is one big pain in the ass.  They always are willing to sell something, but God forbid you might need an extra day to pay the bill.  What assholes.

I have nothing exciting planned this weekend.  Like I said before, I might lay someone, who knows.  Actually someone is supposed to coming in from out of town.  Other than that, nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Have a good one ladies.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2008, 02:06:42 pm »
I'm doing good Betty. I promise.

Yep its auburn alright. and you all get the added benifit of seeing me without makeup and my hair unstyled LOL nothing new there this is me on a typical day. I rarely wear makeup anymore unless I'm going out somewhere to see people or I get a wild hair to want to look nice.
Yup thats everyday me.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2008, 02:25:56 pm »
I like the shade Wendy.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2008, 02:53:22 pm »
I like the shade Wendy.
Its close to my eyebrow color. It just bothers me that I cant color my hair and have it turn out the same shade as the bottle says it will be. I even used a drabber which is supposed to prevent red color. LOL

Funny how you can do something over and over and get the same result and still think maybe this once it will work the way you want it to.

Was that the definition of insane?

Offline minismom

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2008, 04:42:37 pm »
Just back from the movie and I think it was good.  There are bits and peices that didn't make sense so I think i dozed off through part of it.  With all the crap I'm pumping into my body, it's no wonder.  After, we stopped by Wally World and I grabbed a 16inch pizza for supper.  I figure I should be able to heat the oven, pop it in, and set the timer without too much difficulty.  I just took my dose of mucous stuff and after supper, I'll take my allergy stuff. 

Oh, moon, I forgot to say, that I'm going to try the vick's on my feeties tonight.  Although, I don't think Hubby will get the same thrill from rubbing it on my feet as he did from rubbing it all over my chest ;D.  I'll have to be fashionable and wear my pink stripped knee socks with Minnie Mouse on them.  Either those or my black ones with Tinkerbell.  I might even mix it up and wear one of each...hehe!

WHEW! the meds are kickin' in.  I'm gonna go check the other forums and then start our wonderful excuse for supper. ;)

MWAH :-* and lovin's to each and every one of you!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2008, 07:40:20 pm »
Hi All,
Before I forget- I heard from Sunseeker, she is alive and well, just busy and she will get in touch soon.  ;D

Mum- Glad to hear you are feeling better!  I liked Horton Hears a Who too, my daughter fell asleep on my lap though :)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again :)  That's not insane that perserverance.  You could do what every else does and sue for false advertising.  I like the color too. At least auburn sounds nice, my hair color is classified as ash blonde- kinda sounds like an oxy moron to me, if that is the right word.  I have yet to see any ashes that aren't black. When I was growing up we had iron in our water and all through high school I had a lovely orange streak at the back of my head, thank goodness I couldn't see it.
 Thanks for the ear infection explanation, my ears don't feel like that, it is more just a dull pain off and on and mostly on my left side.

Betty- I have never gotten a pedicure either, I have been thinking about getting one because my feet have been hurting so bad lately but now I am not so sure :) Glad your blood sugar is better.  I hope you get lucky this weekend  ;) ;D

Queen- You started braiding at 11 pm?  Yikes!  My hair would be in knots.  One way or another all cable companies suck, I have never not had a problem, with service or billing.

Ten- Congrats on 3 yrs meds free. You go girl!  :) I would love to cut my hair off too.  I am sure you look beautiful, the people who said you look like a boy are probably just jealous cuz they don't have the balls to do the same thing.

I hate every other Friday because that is when I usually have to see my olders sons father.  Well he was supposed to go this weekend and I usually call in the morning to confirm and he never called me back until 5:30 tonight.  He is in the hospital, he had a stint put in his heart.  Must be a non-invasive procedure cuz he went for 6 this morning and expected to be done before we usually meet? I guess it is good I can wait one more week.

Snow

Offline vivyt

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2008, 08:49:35 pm »
Hello ladies! Nice picture Win. I like the hair color.

Ok I am so PISSED OFF today! I went to see my ID doctor for blood work results and a couple of other issues. As I have mentioned before I have been gaining weight and am at the highest weight I have ever been. This has not made it easy to feel good about myself. I have been kind of down and my therapist recommended antidepressants. This was after I told her about the meds sometimes causing depression. Anyways there is more but it's too much to get into it. So I brought up the weight and the antidepressants with the nurse and she wrote it down. Now normally a doctor is supposed to talk about what the nurse writes down, right? Well I brought up the weight issue and how I have been exercising and while I don't necessarily eat "healthy" I don't eat any different than I did before I got sick. I would say I eat normally. He just asked me some questions and then nothing else so I said so I just keep exercising? And he said yes. Then he said make an appointment for two months from now. I didn't even bring up the other stuff since it was clear he really wasn't interested. Now I have to give some background on him. In the beginning I thought about changing doctors because he really didn't give me any information about HIV. Everything I have learned I have researched on my own. I am thinking about finding another doctor for real this time. I just feel like he is not really interested in me. I should have trusted my instinct earlier. I left the office feeling really bad. I guess I should start looking for another doctor. What do you think?

Offline minismom

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2008, 09:36:39 pm »
If you have the option, I'd start looking around.  Our PID didn't give us any information,either.  Everything I've learned has been since Nov. 2007 when I joined aidsmeds.  i didn't research anything because I thought she'd told us everything.  Boy, was I wrong!  You need to do what is best for you.  If this doctor isn't it, then go find another one.  I'd see about setting up an "interview" with several, if you can, so you don't have to keep making appointments with various ones before finding one that you like.  Write down questions / issues that are important to you, and make sure that they mesh with the doc's M.O.

You know, it would be wonderful for us women if OB/GYNs could take the extra training to become HIV-doctors.  It would certainly open new doors of communication.  One can always dream.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2008, 10:06:16 pm »
Viv- I would definately look for another ID Doc, that is ridiculous!  The problem with some of the docs is that they won't admit when they don't know something and inturn make us feel guilty for even asking the questions.  I think you should have a doc you feel comfortable with and one that you can have an open line of communication with.  He should be making or at least attempting to make you feel better .  I don't remember do you have a local ASO that you go to?  You could call them and see if they have any recommendations for docs in your area.  I wonder if there is an HIV doc network by city and state?  That would be a good list to compile ,wouldn't it ,for future newbies.  Stay away from so and so- he suck's  ;D  Good luck.  Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Snow

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2008, 10:16:27 pm »
I think if you are uncomfortable you should definitely look around and see who else is available. I don't recall getting any HIV info either when I started going to the doctor. They may have provided me with a pamphlet, I don't know. But I use a county clinic so standards in care for a state run facility is typically less than what you would receive with a private doctor.

And don't feel bad about wanting to shop around for a new doctor either. You deserve to have quality care and you deserve to be happy with the person that you are trusting to help you with taking care of your body and health.

If your not happy with who is taking care of you how can you trust them to do whats in your best interest? And if they don't bother to know you and understand your needs how can they take proper care of you?

Good luck honey. I hope you find a doctor who will turn out to be friendly and caring.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2008, 11:34:35 pm »
Funny how you can do something over and over and get the same result and still think maybe this once it will work the way you want it to.

Actually Wendy, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over, knowing what the result will be, and doing it anyway.

Viv, I would definitely look for another doctor.  Your doctor sounds mundane to say the least.  You need to get a doctor who can give you information and answer your questions thoroughly. 

Snow, if you're having dull pain in your left ear, even if it's off & on, see your doctor.  You don't want to screw around. 

Mum, good luck with the Vicks.  Let us know how that works. 

Nothing going on this evening.  Yes, I did get lucky tonight.  And I probably will again tomorrow.  My friend is here from out of town.  We watched 'Pulp Fiction,' which is one of my faves, but we both fell asleep before the ending.  I've seen it quite a few times, but he never has.  I purchased 'Pulp Fiction,' 'Goodfellas,' 'Scarface,' 'Amadeus,' 'Traffic' and 'Sicko' a few weeks ago.  He brought 'Van Helsing' which I've never seen.  Will probaby watch that tomorrow night.  Have a good one ladies, and all you sickos, take care of yourselves! 

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2008, 11:37:11 pm »
Thanks for reminding me, BT, I almost forgot about the Vick's footie rub.  The only way i'll get lucky tonight is by not waking up until daylight.

Good night and sweet dreams.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline germangirl

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2008, 04:17:49 am »
Tendai,
I am watching your election theatre every day. It is outrageous how Mugabe behaves, he still doesn't want to give off his power.
I keep my fingers's cross for you and your country to get things changed over there.

Another question: I have heard that South Africa is the sole country that does virus load checks and that you can't get your VL checked in other African countries. Is that right? How do you get to know when it is time to start your medication?
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2008, 07:37:47 am »
Morning ladies:

Yes, I also am waiting for the final reports from the elections in Zimbabwe.  Tendai, please let us know how everything is doing.  I've got hope.

Well, my daughter just called me a little while ago drunk.  Yes, it's only 7:30 in the morning here.  But there's 3 hours difference where my daughter is (of course, that's 4:30 where she's at).  Nothing like talking to a child drunk.  Oh well.  She's having a hard time with my parents' deaths.  We lived with them off and on, so they were like 2nd parents to her. 

I have nothing earth-shattering planned today.  I'm going to get a CD tower (probably from Big Lots), because I'm getting too many to leave under the t.v. anymore.  Nothing other than that.  I hope all you ladies have a good morning and for God's sake, take care of yourselves!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2008, 07:47:39 am »
Good morning ladies.   Just got out of bed.  Not much going on here, just working a lot. I work dinner tonight, then I am off for 2 days. 2 whole days!!!!!!!!!                                                                           Glad to hear you have company, Betty. You lucky lady.  I have not seen the movie Sicko but have seen Van Helsing and it was good.                  Vivyt, research your options. Surely there is another doctor you can see that acts more interested.                                                           MM, hope you feel better.  Glad you went to the movies. Sounds like an adventure.                                                                                   Win, love your picture and haircolor. I like auburn.                                  Queen, congratulations on the job.  Hope it works out well for you. I wish I could smoke with my coworkers but it's not like that.                      Anyway, hope everyone is well. I am off to read my book or maybe fold clothes. It's raining here and has been on and off for the last week. Good for the garden, boring for us.                                  Talked to my oldest son's father last night. Trying to get some news but nothing new on that front. He(oldest son) will be shipped soon and then it's just a matter of finding out which prison he is at.              I'll check back in later. Cristy                                   Edited to add:  Tendai, hope things work out with the elections.  If people don't like your haircut, tell em, don't look.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:53:02 am by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 10:14:40 am »
Mum, hopefully Hubby didn't touch his eyes, nose or anything else (on you or him) after giving you the footie rub, lol!  I'm curious to see if you got any relief, its supposed to work wonders, esp for a nagging cough.

BT, getting lucky!  Glad to hear that you have some special company! 

Viv, I would most certainly get going and find a new doc.  I am going to search for one this weekend.  My current HIV doc is the only one for miles near my home and she is the bitch I referred to a few weeks ago.  I have been going to her for 3 years.  I can't get in at the Health Dept bec I HAVE insurance, and they run off of grants, for people in need.  Since I have a new job closer to Washington DC and NIH (Bethesda, MD), I will look for a doc down near work.

Its a shame having an actual HIV doc who sees you for ten minutes, looks at your CD4 count and asks how your shit is?  Um, YEAH.  The only thing she does for me different from my Primary and my Diabetic docs is look at that CD4 count.

Hell, I have been monitoring that myself, saying I'd stay with her in case I got sick.  Well, turns out that I have heard from people that even when you are sick and in the hospital she doesn't deliver.  So what, I'm gonna wait around and stay with her "in case I get sick?"

Hell NO!

I have been pos for nearly 15 years, I think I can handle finding a new doc.  So, keep us posted, Viv.  Do you have insurance?  Even if you do, check out the local Health Dept.  Sometimes they have THE best HIV docs.  Mine are from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, one of the best hospitals around.  I just can't get seen because I have insurance, but maybe your Health Dept. is different.  Good luck.

Iceman is working until noon today.  I can't wait to see him, but we have both been a little burned out from work.  I want some TLC and I am hoping to get some when he gets home, before the hockey game starts!  LOL

Maybe I'll hit the Lotto tonight, I think Netta mentioned that, lol.  We play at the office when the pot gets big.  I have 75 SETS of numbers here cause 15 of us put in $5 each at the office for Powerball.  Its fun even though we never hit anything big!

Can you just imagine if we did?   :o

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:16:13 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.