Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:47:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: About twofires  (Read 12413 times)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
About twofires
« on: January 11, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »
I just spoke with twofires a few minutes ago. He called me from a locked facility where he will remain for a 72hr. observation.
They just let him out of restraints, and thankfully have allowed him to have his cell phone.
He sounded quite dejected, and I wish so badly that I could get to where he is, because he is all alone. I sincerely hope he has not completely written this place off, because he could really use some friends, and allies now.
Please keep him in your thoughts, and if you are of a mind to, say a prayer for him as well.
I wish him comfortable rest tonight.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Teresa

Re: About twofires
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:48:56 pm »
I hope he comes back. He will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:04:16 pm »
He will be in my prayers tonight, as he was last night.  Thanks honey!

I knew he was in trouble last night, but his anger was so great that he couldn't seem to communicate effectively with anyone, but several did try.

I hope he finds peace.

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:09:38 pm »
You're a good stick, Lisa.

I hope he finds peace.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline carousel

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 07:11:17 pm »

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:16:26 am by carousel »

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:20:58 pm »
Thanks for the update, Lisa.  The posts alone were scorching so I opted to read and withdraw.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline koi1

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:31:52 pm »
Yeah,

You could tell he was not well. I felt the frustration in the posts that were trying to be of some help.
Unfortunately, HIV is not the only issue people are dealing with on this site. I hope he can get some help wherever he is.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 07:34:37 pm »
Im glad he got help.  He was screaming out for it.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 07:38:25 pm »
What Teresa said! If twofires comes back I won't hold any past against him -  hello - I'm the last one to talk!!!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 07:56:41 pm »
Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the update. I came home from work this morning and had read some of the posts. No doubt, he was having a difficult time. I also hope that he is comfortable tonight, and wish that he does come back. Frustration and anguish are difficult things to have to deal with, more so when one is alone.

I wish him the best.

Thanks Lisa------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 08:53:40 pm »
Add me to the many who are glad to hear he is getting some help - I sure hope it is effective and provides him with what he needs. I had no clue on how to offer any more help then you guys who tried were doing so just keep reading the posts.  Last night I tried to see what ASO's were available in his area and found only one.  Wonder if that's the one he was having problems with?

While I know many were concerned with what a newbie might think in reading all the threads,  I hope they would also see just how much people tried to help and the frustration they felt in not being able to.

My thanks to all who tried, as the young folks say...you rawk! :)

And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 09:25:47 pm »
My friends...  in California, when one is committed to a 72 hour hold, it is usually because they have been deemed by authorities as being a danger to self, a danger to others, or under grave disability.  In all likelihood the help he got, being remanded, was not help he sought of his own volition.

Something brought him out of his tree and caused him to become totally unglued.  We could speculate as to what it was, but nobody can know for certain.  I do hope he seeks help, but I hope if he seeks it from those people here, that he's in a better mental place than he was last night.

I wonder who instigated the 72 hour hold.  Perhaps he has more people who love him than he realizes.

At any rate, I wish him peace.

-joseph

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »
I'm glad he is getting the help he needs.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:19:27 pm »
I hope Twofires obtains the help he needs.

My thoughts will be with him and positive energy will be going his way.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 10:39:36 pm »
Thanks for that update, Lisa.

If you speak to him again, please let him know we'll be looking for him to be back here. I hope they are effective in really helping him to get through what is obviously a very tough time for him.

I'm also grateful and touched to see how generous the response is here to his situation.

Hugs to all,
Andy Velez

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:26:47 am »
Thanks for the update Lisa. I was thinking about Twofires today and hoping that he would get some face-to-face help. I could tell from his posts that he was on his way to being involuntarily committed, since had called helplines and was agitated and threatening. I suggest when and if he returns to the forum that no one give him a hard time. He was obviously in crisis and not himself.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 03:47:58 am »
Glad to hear it, Lisa. I do pray, and I pray he'll get proper treatment and overcome this mental health crisis he's going through. His frustration was palpable, and now I understand better why he was posting the things he did.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:24 am »
Yes Lisa like Daniel I do pray and I will say one for him....We never know how far or close the edge is....
I hope he finds his way home and can find some kind of peace and contentment.  God bless you for
caring .... :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 06:27:53 am »
Altho being locked in a psych ward isn't exactly a happy ending - I hope it helps him clear his head.  He was hurtin'.  Looking forward to welcoming him back.

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 09:12:56 am »
"Im glad he got help.  He was screaming out for it." quote AC
That is certainly an understatement. It seems that many therapists have come to the conclusion that drastic problems often require drastic measures.....and this may be one of those cases. If he is damgerous to others or to himself....then he is in the right place.  If he had murdered someone (  taking it to the extreem)  this would have had a much sadder outcome.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:15:09 am by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 12:03:59 pm »
Lisa please tell him that those of us (and I am assuming here but I will speak for Eldon as well cause I think i understand where he comes from) who he lashed out at do NOT hold a grudge against him and that we will welcome him back with open arms as if he has just arrived!

I personally am incapable of holding a grudge (save for one against the x-wife who accused me of something i shall NEVER forgive her for) for more than a couple of hours at MOST, its just how I am.

Twofires, positive energy to you man.  Good luck and gods speed my friend.
RIDE!!!

Offline Lisa

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 03:27:12 pm »
I was able to have one other conversation with him later in the evening. He said they were preparing to send him to Augusta. Which was not surprising, as this is done whenever a person does not have private insurance, they are taken to the state facility located in the capitol.
I was able to tell him of the generous outpouring of good wishes, and heartfelt concern. He was still a little bewildered, but I was glad that he knew people really do care.
I hope you will continue to keep him in your thoughts.

Offline bear60

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 04:43:51 pm »
Lisa....you are an angel and thats a fact.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Nico

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 09:22:56 pm »
Lisa,
You mean Atlanta?  Probably Grady Memorial Hospital.  This is not far from my place in Atl.  I hope he is doing well, but can you clarify if he was moved to Augusta, Ga or Atlanta, Ga.  Some may want to visit him who know him.

I hope if I am ever having a challenge, someone like you as well as the other friends on here would be there and as forgiving.

Cheers.
Roger
Poz since 1990.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 10:02:30 pm »
Yeah....what Nico said.  If it is actually Atlanta that he has been moved to, I could visit also (if and when he is up for it).

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Lisa

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 10:26:58 am »
He definately said Augusta, but he lives just outside of the Atlanta metro area. I'm not sure if he would appreciate my saying where he lives, so I'll leave that to him, should he desire to say.
 He should be coming home sometime today or this evening, I still wish badly that I could get to his house just to ease his transition. I have been thinking of him all weekend, and hoping he will call when he gets settled.
I have been in his place before, and suffice it to say, it is not fun by any stretch of the imagination. Thankfully, I was blessed to have someone to come home to.(my father & my ferret Phoebe)
 You cannot discount the benefit of having a beloved pet.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 01:21:35 pm »

You cannot discount the benefit of having a beloved pet.

Amen Sister!

((((((Patrick))))))

I've been sending you plenty of love, light and positive energy for days now, I hope you've been feeling it. Hang in there mate, we're all on your side.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Eldon

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 07:47:55 pm »
Lisa thanks for all of your help. I too am sending a ball of positive energy and prayers just as well that all works out well with him.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 09:25:21 pm »
I too am sending a ball of positive energy and prayers just as well that all works out well with him.

Just one ball?  Honestly, Eldon... I've sent like 5. :)

LOL

Lisa- thanks for giving us the updates! :)

-joseph

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 10:07:09 am »
Lisa thanks for all of your help. I too am sending a ball of positive energy and prayers just as well that all works out well with him.

YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BALL?

This is unexpected!
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 10:53:46 am »

On second thought.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:08:55 am by Dachshund »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:24 pm »
RIDE!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »
No comment for various reasons... >:(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 03:20:53 pm »
oddlyI get a minute of internet access

this place is right out of one flew over the cuckoos nest

all I needed was some zoloft

must go before its discovered I'm communiccating
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:19 pm »
Glad to have you back!  Good luck down there!  Better living through chemicals my friend.  See you on the other side!
RIDE!!!

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 03:30:10 pm »
Good to hear from you. I hope all goes well and you are able to go home soon.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 04:59:12 pm »
must go before its discovered I'm communiccating

lol

see you soon.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:24 pm »
lol

see you soon.

Am wondering how it was even possible he could get to a computer. When I checked in to the Mental Hilton, as I like to call it, there was no computers around except for the nurse's station. Has things changed that much? ???
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Robert

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:46 pm »
 I'm glad your back 2fires.

And lisa, thank you and Ackc and everyone else who wouldn't give up. 

About 1 1/2 years ago we had a similar problem here.  Someone by the name of Jonathan 2 had been posting for a number of weeks.  One day, he added his picture to his profile and opened up.  Then he had a breakdown, just like twofires.  He was banned.  We did get the ban reversed but I'm afraid it was too late.  As far as I know, he's never been back.  That's not good.  I've mentioned this before, this is a haven for everyone from all walks of life.   And when people breakdown that's when they need us the most. 

It's our shelter from the storm.

robert

Offline Biggums

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 12:33:14 am »
I'm thinking of you twofires.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline Lisa

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 09:53:48 am »
Hi Patrick,
I don't want to even know how you got access to the computer, but I was tickled pink to see you. I have been worrying about you!
And you thought the woman at your clinic was Nurse Ratchett!!!! ;D  ::)
I know they had a rec room with a computer when my daughter had to go to our state facility, but not all of the states have sufficiently funded facilities. Most often, it is the bare necessities and little else. I hope you are progressing, and are pleased with your success! I'm sure you are a bit stressed about your work contracts, but the most important thing is for you to take care of you right now.
I keep you in my daily thoughts, and we are all pulling for you. Lots of hugs, and kisses to you my friend. Get yourself to a better place, then get yourself back here.
Much love,
Lisa
{{{{Patrick}}}}  :-*  :-*

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:45 pm »
I'm glad your back 2fires.

And lisa, thank you and Ackc and everyone else who wouldn't give up. 

About 1 1/2 years ago we had a similar problem here.  Someone by the name of Jonathan 2 had been posting for a number of weeks.  One day, he added his picture to his profile and opened up.  Then he had a breakdown, just like twofires.  He was banned.  We did get the ban reversed but I'm afraid it was too late.  As far as I know, he's never been back.  That's not good.  I've mentioned this before, this is a haven for everyone from all walks of life.   And when people breakdown that's when they need us the most. 

It's our shelter from the storm.

robert

Thank Ann.  I am extremely proud of the restraint she showed.  He very well could have been gone.  And justifiably so.
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.