Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:10:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: True Blood 4 is here, suckaz...  (Read 21271 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Tara is officially dead, but...
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:32 pm »
their relationship just feels somewhat like a bromance..
true. i mean their one bedroom scene had Lafayette was in jammies,
they were separated by the blanket, and Jesus only got a peck on the forehead -

- then Lafayette was possessed and the next morning Jesus was stabbed and died.
maybe Jesus will be an incubus now  ;) (the show does love all these mythological characters LOL)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: True Blood 4 is here, suckaz...
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 06:39:12 pm »
Its been a couple seasons that Lafayette has NOT been sexy.  He turned into a priss long ago.

I don't think there were enough slaughtered characters on the last episodes.

I would like to see go:  
BIll
Tara - for good
Andy
Jesus - for good
Alcide
Holly
Luna

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
Tara - for good
Andy
Holly
Luna
agreed!

but Alcide?!?! everybody seems to want him gone. sigh. It must just be me and my hormones LOL; but I'd take Alicide, with his facial hair and hunky bod, anyday over bland Bill or the hot long-legged Eric. As far as the show, I'd like to see Sookie with someone not dead for a while; but I think introducing Quinn (from the books, a were-tiger Sookie hooks up with) would just be playing into the current problem on the show of too many characters, so they could use Alcide in that role.

I never cared for Tara in the books so much; but I liked this Tara - in the first season. (Just like Lafayette was a better character the first 2 seasons) As each season has gone by though, I've disliked her more and more and have wished her gone. I thought the bullet in her brain had finally taken her off the show, until I read some news releases about her still being a part of the cast next season.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 07:06:13 pm »
They need some more old southern types like Maxime Fortenberry.

Alcide just has not proven to be an exciting character.  Its a waste of flesh.  Get rid of him.

Some teens might be a good idea too
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 12:21:33 am »

Some teens might be a good idea too

Teens? What for?  This ain't 90210 (even though Luke Perry was like in his 40s playing a high school kid, but I digress).  Perhaps you'd enjoy MTV's Teen Wolf; it is actually not bad at all.

Ps./ screw you ho's for wanting Tara off the show  ;D
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 01:31:22 am »
Ps./ screw you ho's for wanting Tara off the show  ;D
well if they don't take her off the show, can't they at least butch her back up into the cussing, drinking, kick-ass bitch we loved back in the first season? Maybe they'll be able to do that with her character now that she'll be a zombie in next season. LOL

sorry Ravhyn, I just can't see Tara having a dress shop, marrying JB and having the twins now that half her head is gone. :D there's a new Sookie story with Tara and family in the short story book "Home Improvement: Undead Edition". Have you read the other Stackhouse stories in the other short story books Charlaine Harris has edited?? (Deaths Excellent Vacation, Wolfsbane and Mistletoe)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 03:59:02 am »
I want some sexy southern teens, yeah.  Cause it would give the show a better sense of place. Teens and old people.  Also southern teens are charming.  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:58:41 pm by mecch »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 08:50:52 am »
I want some sexy southern teens, yeah.  Cause it would give the show a better since of place. Teens and old people.  Also southern teens are charming. 

OH YEAH!  Hot skinny southern guys in tight Levis going shirtless.  The dumber the better! 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »
I want some sexy southern teens, yeah.  Cause it would give the show a better sense of place. Teens and old people.  Also southern teens are charming. 

OH YEAH!  Hot skinny southern guys in tight Levis going shirtless.  The dumber the better! 

This is a joke right?

So yeah Tara was a great character in season 1, they just "evolved" her into a less interesting character who's permanently playing the victim.  As for Alcide, the werewolves in the true blood universe are kind of...wimpy.  I mean oh yay they can turn into regular wolves meanwhile the vampires move so fast they blur, have super strength, can glamour people, and generally kickass.  Hell even the shifters are like werewolves on crack, they can take your one trick pony werewolf lycanthropy and turn into anything.  The root problem I have with Alcide though is that his storylines are boring.  He's a small time character getting shitty stories, but maybe now that Debbie is gone they'll bring him into something more interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if he took over that shreveport pack of werewolves.

I was actually kind of glad to see Jesus bite it though (no pun intended) I feel like he was the reason Lafayette's character was less interesting.

Offline mecch

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:53 am »
I don't need them to be skinny.  Actually like my "dumb southern teen" cardboard characters to be bulky like younger Hoyts.  Wouldn't have to be dumb. Maybe a nerd brainiac teen vamp.  We already had the dumb Tommy and he was tiresome. 

Tara is supposed to be a principal character in this series, but they wrecked her.

Yes, Jesus sucked the sass out of Lafayette. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:03 am »
Mecch, what is it with you and teenagers? Aren't you a little old for that? It's creepy. Seriously creepy. You want to watch it, you're bordering on the illegal.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BM

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 12:16:00 pm »
More naked Eric, please.

Offline mecch

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »
Mecch, what is it with you and teenagers? Aren't you a little old for that? It's creepy. Seriously creepy. You want to watch it, you're bordering on the illegal.

WTF?!!  I don't have sex with teenagers.  I am not sexually excited by teenagers. I don't pursue teenagers.  Where is this coming from?  Bug off with your judgements!  I appreciated teens for what they are.  Full of life and clever and mixed up and yeah bursting with hormones - that's who they are.
The other poster is the one who got all hot about the levis and barechested. 

Offline mecch

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 01:54:56 pm »
We're talking about characters in a TV series. And I said I wanted more teens and old people to give it a sense of place.   Illegal? puleeze.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 02:06:11 pm »
Mecch, it's not the first time you've made odd/questionable comments about teens. And Wolfter never said anything about teens.

It creeps me out. Just sayin'.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »
WTF?!!  I don't have sex with teenagers.  I am not sexually excited by teenagers. I don't pursue teenagers.  Where is this coming from?  Bug off with your judgements!  I appreciated teens for what they are.  Full of life and clever and mixed up and yeah bursting with hormones - that's who they are.
The other poster is the one who got all hot about the levis and barechested.  

We're talking about characters in a TV series. And I said I wanted more teens and old people to give it a sense of place.   Illegal? puleeze.

Mecch, Ann's not saying that you're having sex with teens.  She wasn't the only person to find your teenage comments rather peculiar (heck, even La Trey seems to have had an issue with it).  Last, Wolfter was more than likely being sarcastic.

The bottom line is that these type of comments can be easily misread, or interpreted in a very malicious way --especially by the sponsors who seem to have an issue with some of the things posted and discussed in our forums.  Think back to some comment you had made a while ago regarding teenagers with beer breath, or something odd like that.  It does have a bit of a sexual innuendo, even though that probably wasn't your intention.

At any rate, it makes no sense to have minors in True Blood.  The show depends largely on its very sexual and violent scripts to have minors among its main characters (and, at any rate, there are no teens in any of the books as far as I know).  HBO would find itself accused in very ugly ways if they had teens getting it on, sucking blood, and killing other supernatural beings.  

Just chillax and try to watch the aforementioned Teen Wolf, it's like Twilight, but with better story lines and more clever dialogue.

edit: slleping
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:33:00 pm by Rev. Moon »
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline mecch

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 02:50:25 pm »
Whatever.  Think me creepy, that's your projected dirty thoughts.
And bordering on illegal, that's ridiculous.  We're talking about TV. Fiction. Popular art.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »
le sigh
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »
My cognitive skills are definitely suspicious today.  I'm missing either blatant sheot or subtle nuances.  Is this part of the reducing objectionable stuff?  I never saw anything suggesting underage people.  I would certainly never interact with such a post.  Unless there have been other threads that zoomed right over my head, I don't understand and not sure if I want or need to.  And I definitely wasn't clever enough today to use irony or whatever it was.

I've made the comment about my southern boys (as in adult males) several times and nothing nefarious on my part except for the lust and desire that arises when I'm typing.   My younger brother owns a construction company and most of his employers are the types I'm referencing.  Most are from southeast Ohio, which is still considered West Virginia by many of the locals.  They choose to live in the Appalachian Mountains and only come down off of said hills when absolutely needed.  Most wear shorts and go shirtless all day while working.  They're always fit because they only work and drink beer.  I enjoy going to my brother's place when they're getting off work.  We sometimes start a bonfire and they drink until they're even stupider (made up word).  Most should have saved what few brain cells they had.  But they are funny and hot.  And with a few years experience underhand, I can spot pretty quickly which ones want to talk one on one. 

I'll save the rest for my journal ;D  I needed a shower anyways :o
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2011, 07:09:37 am »
Ok the thread has derailed.  :P

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.