Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:21:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 392
Total: 393

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried about HIV  (Read 13617 times)

Offline om3

• Standard
Worried about HIV
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:28:12 pm »
Hello,

I am male, i had unprotected sex with sex worker in thailand in July 2009, after that i had many HIV test with CBC all are negative and i found on internet that in some case false negative test may come in normal hiv test like EIA in XLA and CVID person so i done my Ig levels also and IgA & IgM level come normal (IgA - 150 mg/dl and IgM - 99 mg/dl) but my igE and IgG level come HIGH (IgE - 640 mg/dl & IgG - 1760 mg/dl) and before Ig level test i also done one more hiv test on 9/Sep/2010 and its come negative (15 month after exposure) and in CBC my Necrophiliac come Low 35% and my Lymphocyte come high 50%.

1) What all This test indicates?
2) Should i need more test or any other test for HIV?
3) Should i consider my self HIV Negative?
4) Should my Ig level indicates about XLA and CVID?
5) Is my all HIV test are Conclusive & reliable?
6) Should i do Sex with my wife without protection?
7) My High IgG level indicates HIV? 

Thanks for reading my full post and for your reply.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Worried about HIV
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:01 pm »
As long as you have tested negative at 3 months then you are HIV negative. Period. An HIV test is the only that matters.

If you are having any symptoms that bother you then you should discuss them with your doctor.

...and in the future you need to remember to always use a condom for vaginal and anal intercourse. No exceptions. Do that and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV.

Right now you have no cause for concern about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:18 am »
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Sir i am worried about my high IgG level because read some where that high IgG level is due to HIV. This information keeping me worried more and more. Sir what do you indicate my IgG level is due to HIV? 2) Do you think my IgG level 1760 mg/dl is High like HIV? 3) As per your view should i need more test for HIV?

Thanks for your time.   

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:40:05 am »
Stop playing doctor with yourself. It's absolutely clear that HIV is not an issue for you. If you have questions about test results you should be discussing them with the doctor who ordered the tests.

HIV is not your problem and it won't be in the future as long as you consistently without exception use a condom everytime you have either vaginal or anal intercourse. No exceptions. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:24:07 pm »
HIV is not your problem and it won't be in the future as long as you consistently without exception use a condom everytime you have either vaginal or anal intercourse. No exceptions. Period... What does it means sorry to ask this because my English is poor and sir one more thing i had one more exposure before 7 month and that was condom protection but i don't know weather this condom was good or not because she being that condom. Should i safe with that exposure also? and i keep your words in my mind always. I never do sex with any other women if by mistake i done i always used condom. Thanks for your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:41:35 pm »
Keep this simple. As long as you always use a condom for intercourse you are well protected and there is no need to worry about HIV.

You don't have anything to worry about now.
Andy Velez

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 01:33:38 am »
Sir you means that my High IgG level is mining less and my test was Conducive & Reliable for my both exposure and i don't have HIV, right? Please reply me for last time. Thanks in advance   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 06:00:43 am »
om,

Your high IgG level is meaningless. You are conclusively hiv negative.

You do NOT have hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:05:53 am »
Hi I am Bank Bang from India  Om friend 1st exposure we had same time but i had one more exposure in feb here is my story please do reply as soon as possible...

My story is same like many people already posted, I am male 29 from Bangalore, India, Actually i had 2 exposure one in 1st Aug, 2009, this exposure is protected but my bed luck condom broken with CSW in Thailand... i ask about her statue she said she was safe and hiv negative... after this exposure about 2 month later i got fever for 2 days (and dont notice any other symptoms because i dont know about HIV Symptoms at that time) and my doctor order for Elisa hiv test and its come Negative and suggest repeat test again after 2 month... as per my doctor suggestion i repeat test after 2 month Elisa test and its again come Negative... From Jan 2010, Some new symptoms started like Long sore troth and dry cough (dry cough last for 2 month and then gone) and i done one more EIA hiv test and result Negative... 

And during that time I had My 2nd exposure on 2nd Feb,2010, that was also protected and again condom broken with CSW and her period going on so i notice some blood on her cloths in Bangalore, India. after this exposure in 2nd day i got some symptoms like joint pain & masule pain (This symptoms last for 2 month) i test for Vitamin B12 and its come low so my doctor started Vitamin B12 injections for 10 days and i tested again for HIV on April, 2010 result Nagetive... and i started looking more symptoms for HIV on internet... i found RASHES & white tough symptoms and i notice some rashes on my face, chest, stomach, hands and upper leg its look like same as hiv rash picture i found on net (i have 4-5 dumps on my chest, 2-3 on both hands, 2-3 on upper leg and 1-2 on stomach) its red in color and later its when its raids its became dark red/brown... its come and last for week or 2 weeks and gone and again after 2-3 days its come and go... (Rashes are still Come and Go) and recently i also notice same kind of rashes on my wife too one in dump shoulder and one dump on her chest... 1 Month later when get rashes i tested one more time result Negative...  because of my anxiety and my rashes my doctor show to HIV doctor (1st Nov, 2010) and he order Western Blot HIV test due to my white tough and ongoing recurrent rashes and WB result was all Negative...

1) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1865892/  what are your comment on this Early Identification of Seronegative Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Infection with Severe Presentation... Is it possible in my case?

2) Recently Dr. Edward (medhelp) said it is possible false negative can occur in current test also... this make me more worried.

3) After 6 HIV antibody (Elisa & EIA) and one Western Blot Test beyond window period (after 15 month for 1st exposure and 8 month for 2nd exposure) it is possible for false negative in my case?

4) Are my symptoms and RASHES sound like Hiv symptoms?

5) Is it possible to get same type Rashes in 2 different people... like Me and my wife get same type of rashes?

6) Should i need antigen or PCR test or still need to wait for more time for anibody test?

7) As per my doctor there is no chance for false negative after western blot (My result was 110% reliable) is it true?

8) If i get more HIV type symptoms then i need go for more test?

9) Should i consider my self 100% HIV free and also consider no chance of false negative in my case?

10) what percentage you give of false negative in my case? 

Sorry for Very long story and Thank you very much for reading my full post and your valuable comment & i also like to thank Om for helping me... Bank

Offline om3

• Standard
Late Seronegative in HIV
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 05:08:18 am »
Hi I am Bank Bang from India  Om friend 1st exposure we had same time but i had one more exposure in feb here is my story please do reply as soon as possible...

My story is same like many people already posted, I am male 29 from Bangalore, India, Actually i had 2 exposure one in 1st Aug, 2009, this exposure is protected but my bed luck condom broken with CSW in Thailand... i ask about her statue she said she was safe and hiv negative... after this exposure about 2 month later i got fever for 2 days (and dont notice any other symptoms because i dont know about HIV Symptoms at that time) and my doctor order for Elisa hiv test and its come Negative and suggest repeat test again after 2 month... as per my doctor suggestion i repeat test after 2 month Elisa test and its again come Negative... From Jan 2010, Some new symptoms started like Long sore troth and dry cough (dry cough last for 2 month and then gone) and i done one more EIA hiv test and result Negative... 

And during that time I had My 2nd exposure on 2nd Feb,2010, that was also protected and again condom broken with CSW and her period going on so i notice some blood on her cloths in Bangalore, India. after this exposure in 2nd day i got some symptoms like joint pain & masule pain (This symptoms last for 2 month) i test for Vitamin B12 and its come low so my doctor started Vitamin B12 injections for 10 days and i tested again for HIV on April, 2010 result Nagetive... and i started looking more symptoms for HIV on internet... i found RASHES & white tough symptoms and i notice some rashes on my face, chest, stomach, hands and upper leg its look like same as hiv rash picture i found on net (i have 4-5 dumps on my chest, 2-3 on both hands, 2-3 on upper leg and 1-2 on stomach) its red in color and later its when its raids its became dark red/brown... its come and last for week or 2 weeks and gone and again after 2-3 days its come and go... (Rashes are still Come and Go) and recently i also notice same kind of rashes on my wife too one in dump shoulder and one dump on her chest... 1 Month later when get rashes i tested one more time result Negative...  because of my anxiety and my rashes my doctor show to HIV doctor (1st Nov, 2010) and he order Western Blot HIV test due to my white tough and ongoing recurrent rashes and WB result was all Negative...

1) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1865892/  what are your comment on this Early Identification of Seronegative Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Infection with Severe Presentation... Is it possible in my case?

2) Recently Dr. Edward (medhelp) said it is possible false negative can occur in current test also... this make me more worried.

3) After 6 HIV antibody (Elisa & EIA) and one Western Blot Test beyond window period (after 15 month for 1st exposure and 8 month for 2nd exposure) it is possible for false negative in my case?

4) Are my symptoms and RASHES sound like Hiv symptoms?

5) Is it possible to get same type Rashes in 2 different people... like Me and my wife get same type of rashes?

6) Should i need antigen or PCR test or still need to wait for more time for anibody test?

7) As per my doctor there is no chance for false negative after western blot (My result was 110% reliable) is it true?

If i get more HIV type symptoms then i need go for more test?

9) Should i consider my self 100% HIV free and also consider no chance of false negative in my case?

10) what percentage you give of false negative in my case? 

Sorry for Very long story and Thank you very much for reading my full post and your valuable comment & i also like to thank Om for helping me... Bank

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:14:06 am »
You don't have HIV and you were told the same thing on Medhelp. Move on.

Offline om3

• Standard
Re: Late Seronegative in HIV
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:28:29 am »
Expects please reply...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Late Seronegative in HIV
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 08:41:59 am »

After 6 HIV antibody (Elisa & EIA) and one Western Blot Test beyond window period (after 15 month for 1st exposure and 8 month for 2nd exposure) it is possible for false negative in my case?

You have absolutely reliably tested negative for HIV. What is causing or caused your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. If any symptoms persist you should be discussing them with your doctor. HIV is not the cause.

We do advise anyone who is sexually active to regularly have a full panel of STD tests done as other sexually-related diseases are much easier to acquire than HIV. That means doing those tests at least once a year.

And pleae understand I am not saying a sexually related disease is your problem. We cannot diagnose anything in this setting. All I can tell you will certainty is that HIV is not your problem. And as long as you consistenly use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected.

Again, HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 08:48:51 am »
I've only just noticed you had begun a new thread. Our rule here is that all entries are to be in the same thread. Do not begin anymore new threads.

And now that I have read your previous thread it becomes clear you are obsessing unnecessarily about this issue and have been for sometime. I am going to warn you that if you return here again with the same issue when you are clearly HIV negative, you will get a Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 12:01:36 pm »
Dear Andy Sir,

Thanks for you reply... For a last time i want to clear some point about my exposure, testing & Symptoms.

1) RASHES i and my wife has same type of rash... Is it possible to have same time same type and almost same place of rashes due to HIV?

2)  As per my doctor there is no chance for false negative after western blot (My result was 110% reliable) is it true?

3) My my has epilapsy and without any conversation she has Full body pain & sever head pain from last night are this symptoms sound like HIV?

4) As you mention word period when you reply... that means it is possible to became positive later for this exposure?

5) As per your view what do thing about False Negative in my case?

6) i future if i get any symptoms should i need more test or worried about hiv for this two exposure?

Thanks you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 12:07:43 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 03:36:53 pm »
I'm going to say this for one final time as simply and as clearly as I can: You have absolutely no basis in HIV science for any further concern about your HIV status. You are HIV negative. Period.

If you return again with more what ifs and concerns you are going to get a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 03:41:27 pm »
om,

1. Many things can cause a rash. Whatever is causing yours is not hiv. You have conclusively ruled hiv out of the picture. You do not have hiv.

2. It is true that you have not had a false negative result. You do not have hiv.

3. No it does not sound like hiv.

4. When Andy said "period", he meant like the dot - some call it a full-stop - that appears at the end of a sentence. In other words, you do not have hiv, end of story.

5. We have repeated told you that you have reliably and conclusively tested hiv negative far outside the window period. You do not have hiv.

6. If you have further symptoms, see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv as you have (again) reliably and conclusively tested hiv negative far outside the window period. You do not have hiv and you could be missing something important by insisting it has to be hiv. It cannot be hiv. You do not have hiv.

You will not be permitted to use this forum to repeatedly question your conclusive negative hiv results. If you keep posting about this, you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about. PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

You do not have hiv. Be happy about that and let this go.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline om3

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 10:52:39 am »
Thank you very much Andy sir and Ann mam for help me I prommiss not more post now and try to move on with my life... God bless

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 08:38:11 am »
om,

It has come to my attention that you've been bothering poz members of these forums with PMs. I have removed your PM privilege.

If you'd bothered to read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Do NOT use Private Messages to question other members about any transmission, testing or symptom issues. These issues must be discussed in the public forum. Misuse of the PM function in this manner will result in your PM privileges being removed without warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.