Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

hiv+ for 30 years or more?

(1/18) > >>

mitch777:
Hi everyone!
I have been on this site off and on for a few years and was wondering if anyone has been positive for 30 years or more. (It will be be 30 years for me in 2 months)
Sorry for the "poll" but I recently applied for disabilty and am thinking I am a pretty rare breed. (Not that it makes any difference, but I have yet to meet anyone in my boat in person or on line.)
Hope to hear from you LTS!!!
Thanks.
(SSDI is making me take a dementia test. I always try hard on tests but I KNOW I am disabled and hope I fail this one. Hard to believe they can deny me but...)

wolfter:
I don't recall any other 30 year survivors here.  Congratulations.  I know there are a lot of us around the 26 year mark as 1986 was the year of the horny male.   ;D

Wolfie

OneTampa:
Well, in 4 months I will be at 28 years and slowly closing in on the big 30.

Miss Philicia:
Actually there are some members here who had AIDS defining numbers upon taking an HIV test when it was first available in 1985, so one may infer that they have been infected for at least 30 years and possibly longer.

denb45:
Humm let me see here, I didn't test POZ+ until 87, but it was probably around 81 or 83 when I 1st got teh AIDS w/ a dirty syringe  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version