Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:36:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: have anyone know about this? not sure if its true  (Read 13657 times)

Offline cpdh20

have anyone know about this? not sure if its true
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:59 am »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: have anyone know about this? not sure if its true
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:04:17 am »
The Tijuana bat boy told me it wasn't true but he has lied before .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:07 pm »
This seems to be the least enticing "Cure" claim Ive seen.

No where in that article does it say "Ayurvedic (or whatever)Cures HIV" it merely states it has shown some of the same results as HAART. Not only that, where are the studies. The whole article seems very vague.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:58:56 pm »
A blogspot article? Ooh, that's lak so reliable.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:01 pm »
This reminds me of the guy that showed up at my support group last month as a new attendee, and proceeded to claim that his ex-lover had developed a vaccine for HIV by using his own blood.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 01:43:53 pm »
This reminds me of the guy that showed up at my support group last month as a new attendee, and proceeded to claim that his ex-lover had developed a vaccine for HIV by using his own blood.

Wow...just wow.  Where can I get some of his blood?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:45 pm »

Wish I could read the  Japanese katakana symbol comments below the article.  Unfortunately I took French class in school.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 01:54:25 pm »
To the OP, and others, of course
Ayurvedic is old and developed health care and used in some countries in parallel with "western" medicine - meaning drugs and surgery and scientific methods etc.
Like chinese medicine - there can be many many positive benefits to following health care with a very good doctor in one of these "alternative" medicines....   The article does not explain however, that very few people on HAART will need attention to the challenges of advanced AIDS.
Chiinese and Indian and any other country and medical tradition you want to name - they will use HAART - thritherapy - if available - because it STOPS replication of the HIV virus. 

There is NO cure for HIV infection or AIDS but there are many possible routes to health despite being infected.   
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 02:09:29 pm »
I'd like to see a well controlled clinical trial of any Ayurvedic, homeopathic, or Chinese medicinal therapy that shows a positive benefit above and beyond what a placaebo can do.
Piss off a democrat: Take responsibility for your life and your actions.

"When Marxist dictators shoot their way into power in Central America, the San Francisco Democrats don't blame the guerrillas and their Soviet allies. They blame United States policies of 100 years ago. But then they always blame America first." -Jeanne Kirkpatrick

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 02:41:00 pm »
The blog linked in the OP is not very well-written, hence slightly confusing.

I think when they mention a cure to HIV they are referring to the patient in Berlin who does appear so far to have been cured of HIV.

This has been discussed in several threads on here. It's not feasible to give everyone a bone marrow transplant but the case is an important proof of principle showing that it may be possible to "re-jig" the immune system by way of gene therapy, making a person immune to HIV. There are several studies in the works looking at this approach.

If you do a search for "German patient" or "bone marrow transplant" or "Gero Hutter" several threads come up with more information.

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 02:44:13 pm »
"Cure" may also be the word they used for lack of a better one. I got the impression that English was not this person's first language and that maybe they were using the word to mean something other than we understood it to be.

"When Marxist dictators shoot their way into power in Central America, the San Francisco Democrats don't blame the guerrillas and their Soviet allies. They blame United States policies of 100 years ago. But then they always blame America first." -Jeanne Kirkpatrick

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »
"Cure" may also be the word they used for lack of a better one. I got the impression that English was not this person's first language and that maybe they were using the word to mean something other than we understood it to be.

The thing is that the Berlin patient has in fact been cured of HIV; he also had leukemia and was cured of that, too. It was through a bone marrow transplant using a donor with the delta-32 mutation, meaning he lacks the CCR5 co-receptor.

They can't find any HIV in his system and his level of HIV antibodies is declining to the point that scientists believe there will come a point in time that he'll test HIV antibody-negative. For all intents and purposes he has been cured of HIV.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:58:01 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline betonet

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 04:42:44 pm »
mechh excuse me but are you BLIND/ DEAF?

"""" There is NO cure for HIV infection or AIDS but there are many possible routes to health despite being infected. """"

Read careful and don't tell such things in public. If there is even ONE case of someone cured of something it means it's curable!!

http://www.thebodypro.com/content/art55032.html?getPage=1
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
Jan 2009  CD4 550  CD4% ??  VL 40 000
Feb 2009  CD4 330  CD4% 18  VL Unknown
Apr 2009  CD4 406  CD4% 20  VL Unknown
May 2009  CD4 380  CD4% ??  VL 27 000
June 2009 CD4 395  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Sept 2009 CD4 344  CD4% ??  VL 44 000
Jan   2010 CD4 397  CD4% ??  VL 250 000
May  2010 CD4 370  CD4% 16  VL 750 000
Aug 2010 CD4 385  CD4% 14  VL Unknown
Dec 2010 CD4 315  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Jan 2010 CD4 285 CD4% ?? VL Unknown
No meds yet

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 04:46:05 pm »
If there is even ONE case of someone cured of something it means it's curable!!

http://www.thebodypro.com/content/art55032.html?getPage=1

Not necessarily . . . sometimes one person can be cured but the science must progress further before it can be fine tuned for the general population.

The First Man to Be Cured of HIV: An Update on the Fascinating Story

LINK:

http://www.thebodypro.com/content/art55032.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:09:08 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:00 pm »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 07:09:34 pm »
Read careful and don't tell such things in public. If there is even ONE case of someone cured of something it means it's curable!!

You are going off topic. The blog wrote about Ayurvedic ways to improve health.

There is no cure for HIV/AIDS. The german cure is one man and a really high risk procedure. It is not a cure! A cure is when I go to my local hospital and use my insurance and follow the prescribed treatment and am cured.  DUH
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »
iam not sure if anyone read about this?

http://aidscure-top.blogspot.com/2010/02/hiv-infection.html

Hey Van,

It's horse-shit, honey.

MtD

Offline betonet

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 04:37:07 pm »
You are going off topic. The blog wrote about Ayurvedic ways to improve health.

There is no cure for HIV/AIDS. The german cure is one man and a really high risk procedure. It is not a cure! A cure is when I go to my local hospital and use my insurance and follow the prescribed treatment and am cured.  DUH

That is your definition of cure? Your definition is for cure for all people. There's no cure for all people right now. But there is cure. One is enough to prove it can happen.

I don't mean it will be curable today, next year or so on. I said only that it is curable. And there is no doubt about it. I personally had mailed doctor Hutter and he mailed me back that they make such operations only if you have leukemia or some hematological disease. I asked him no matter the price to make me such an operation, he refused. If they make these operations for every person who wants, I will be the first to be there, no matter of how high the risks are for not waking up.

Sorry for the offtopic
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:43:30 pm by betonet »
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
No meds yet

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 04:43:38 pm »
That is your definition of cure? Your definition is for cure for all people. There's no cure for all people right now. But there is cure. One is enough to prove it can happen.

I don't mean it will be curable today, next year or so on. I said only that it is curable. And there is no doubt about it. I personally had mailed doctor Hutter and he mailed me back that they make such operations only if you have leukemia or some hematological disease. I asked him no matter the price to make me such an operation, he refused. If they make these operations for every person who wants, I will be the first to be there, no matter of how high the risks are for not waking up.

No, there is one man who some doctors think may be cured. There is plenty of doubt about it.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 04:43:50 pm »

I realize English isn't your first language.  At most you could say the person was cured, not that there is a cure.  There's a difference.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline betonet

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 07:51:38 pm »
I realize English isn't your first language.  At most you could say the person was cured, not that there is a cure.  There's a difference.

Yep :) English ain't my first language. I live in Europe. Anyway, it seems that the bone narrow transplating and inserting stem cells with the Delta CCR-5 mutation is exactly the cure. But won't argue anymore with you, guys.Let's hope the mass cure will come out any time soon.

Peace :)
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
No meds yet

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11:48 pm »
it seems that the bone narrow transplating and inserting stem cells with the Delta CCR-5 mutation is exactly the cure.
as I often like to point out in that whole scenario,
it seems that having leukemia, receiving radiation therapy, then the bone marrow transplanting and inserting stem cells with the Delta CCR-5 mutation might be the cure.

Since this scenario has only happened with one person, we have no idea how much the actual damage from the leukemia is needed to actually accomplish this kind of "cure"; not to mention that about 1/3 of patients, without even having the complications of HIV, die from this kind of procedure anyway. If this is a "cure", I think I'd rather risk living because I take antiretrovirals, than becoming one of the third of the patients that the "cure" would kill.

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 09:36:23 pm »
That opinion is rather trite, I think. I would absolutely, without hesitation go through all of those procedures if it meant I would be cured of my HIV infection. I have ZERO doubt in my mind. If there were a 50/50 risk I would still go through with it.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »
Yep :) English ain't my first language. I live in Europe. Anyway, it seems that the bone narrow transplating and inserting stem cells with the Delta CCR-5 mutation is exactly the cure. But won't argue anymore with you, guys.Let's hope the mass cure will come out any time soon.

Peace :)

The important thing about case of the Berlin patient is that it serves as a proof of principle that the same results might be achieved via gene therapy and stem cells, without having to do a bone marrow transplant. There are ongoing studies looking at just that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:48:04 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 09:51:32 pm »
That opinion is rather trite, I think. I would absolutely, without hesitation go through all of those procedures if it meant I would be cured of my HIV infection. I have ZERO doubt in my mind. If there were a 50/50 risk I would still go through with it.

So would most of us. But ZERO doubt in your mind doesn't translate to proof.

Once this result has been replicated indepedently then perhaps we can start talking of a cure.

MtD

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »
".... IF it meant I would be cured of my HIV infection". I capitalised the "if" for emphasis.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 09:56:26 pm »
".... IF it meant I would be cured of my HIV infection". I capitalised the "if" for emphasis.

. . . and here I was thinking you'd capitalised it for Easter. :)

MtD

Offline ATorrez

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 10:27:19 pm »
No, I don't celebrate Easter as I am an atheist.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »
No, I don't celebrate Easter as I am an atheist.

Turn or burn, sinner.

MtD

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 11:25:23 pm »

(inserted as a joke, not to insult)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:26:56 pm by GNYC09 »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 11:51:10 pm »

(inserted as a joke, not to insult)

Magda please, why the apologetic footnote.  Say it like you mean it:

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:02 pm »

GNY:

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 11:59:58 pm »

MtD

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:48 am »

Jesus, obama (they're oftentimes confused) and angry baby were too funny!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.