Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:48:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Miss P's Annual Snowfall Thread  (Read 40997 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Miss P's Annual Snowfall Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »
Well in the 9 yrs that Bob & I have live here in the Duke City ABQ, I've never seen or heard this type of wind
OH SHIT, I thinj we just lost our direct-tv-dish, I just heard a big ole BANG on the roof , and the tv want BLACK and it didn't sound very good  ??? I'll keep ya'll posted  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 07:37:03 pm »
, our direct-tv-dish, ,

Oh yeah, those things are like Frisbees in high wind :P

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline denb45

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »
Oh yeah, those things are like Frisbees in high wind :P

OK, it wasn't ours, the TV re-booted and came back on, I'm so glad I put my dish on a tri-pod with cinder-blocks, 3 yrs ago, but someone else's is now in the street and a car just ran over it  :o
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »
Oh phooey... try high winds during a blizzard and get back to me. Actually try two blizzards with +20" accumulations within five days of each other and get back to me.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »
Oh phooey... try high winds during a blizzard and get back to me. Actually try two blizzards with +20" accumulations within five days of each other and get back to me.

Naw no thanks, now you know us black people don't like that kinda weather  :D try -60 below in up in WaterTown NY or Buffalo, NY, now that's COLD  ;)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 07:12:04 am »
I used to train for long-distance running competitions in Upstate New York and Quebec. We would slather our faces with vaseline.  The face mask would freeze over quickly.  Then the other clothes that didn't move much with the articulations would freeze solid from the vapor.  This was before all the high-tech fabric.

Also we drank a lot.  But you didn't walk home alone, drunk, too dangerous.

Living, exercising, just moving daily in extreme cold is a fantastic sensual experience, however.  But maybe best for the young and strong?

I used to laugh when I arrived in class. After my face unfroze, that is.

Of course, there are days like this in NYC, too.  Shocking cold!!!  One time a rich bf from a warmish country took pity and gave me a superb artic expedition down parka, which I still have 25 years later.  If you have the right equipment, cold is bearable and even fun.  There were days I wore ski pants just out and about in NYC.  Flannel lined jeans are good, too.

If there is sun, I love bitter cold.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:14:38 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 06:36:48 am »
I absolutely hate the cold.  So why do I live in northcentral Indiana? Because I can't afford to move and my sister in Phoenix probably wouldn't support me. :P

I don't know that we have winters quite as severe as the East coast, but we gets tons of snow and extreme cold.  We're supposed to start getting snow tomorrow and it's supposed to last for two days.  We've been fortunate so far, Novemeber was quite a mild month.  However, winter is coming, and I'm sure it will hit with force.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:52 pm »
I actually had to break out my Beanie today. Its 50 with a blowing yucky mist. Brrrrrr.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:01 am »
I actually had to break out my Beanie today. Its 50 with a blowing yucky mist. Brrrrrr.

-Will

Wimp. It's only 52F in my kitchen, 51F upstairs and 59F in my living room at the moment. (I have digital clocks that also give the room temp) I think it's around 49/50 outside, maybe a bit colder. I guess I should count my blessings though - there's no mist today, inside or out. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 10:32:22 am »
You all are a bunch of sissies, right now it's 12 below outside my window w/ 6 foot snow drifts , and 60 MPH winds, HELL to the NO I'm I going outside today, it aint happening  ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
It's currently 5 degrees warmer where I am than where Wumpmeister lives, and will top out at 63℉. However, there's the slight chance for a small amount of snow Thursday night.

Also, check out how folks can't drive in the UK with a measly dusting of white stuff. Pathetic.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:41:20 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline denb45

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 10:59:35 am »
Well none us here is really sure just where Wumpmeister lives, are even his true legal-age for that matter  ;D

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:45 am »

Also, check out how folks can't drive in the UK with a measly dusting of white stuff. Pathetic.

Well, you got that right. I couldn't believe how bad they are in the snow. When I took driving lessons, four of us were taken to a big parking lot early on a Sunday morning before it was ploughed so we could learn how to handle a car in a few inches of snow and icy conditions. That lesson served me well over the years. It was good fun too!

The Brits aren't that good in snow mainly because they rarely get to practice. They're better in northern Scotland where they do get snow more than once or twice a year.

Oh, and I checked the local weather - it's colder outside than I realised. It's only 43F (6C). No wonder it's so cold in the parts of the house I'm not heating at the moment! (Damn recession)

Well none us here is really sure just where Wumpmeister lives, are even his true legal-age for that matter  ;D

I thought everyone knew he lives in Wumpyville (it's just down the road from Hooterville) and he's thirteen. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:01 pm »
We're just having more of the same wet, windy weather we've been having for the last three or four weeks. The only difference is that it's effin' COLD! With the strong winds we've been having it feels a lot colder than it is, particularly when you're getting pelted in the face with rain. >:( I'd MUCH rather have snow and wind than rain and wind.

I feel sorry for the people in the fishing industry - the boats have only been out a handful of days in nearly a month. We normally don't get this much wind until January/February. It's tough on them when it comes before the holidays.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »

I thought everyone knew he lives in Wumpyville (it's just down the road from Hooterville) and he's thirteen. ;D

oh that's funny. ::) If you cant do any better than that then you should leave the Wumpy bashing to that Hippie in Philly.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:25 pm »
oh that's funny. ::) If you cant do any better than that then you should leave the Wumpy bashing to that Hippie in Philly.

-W

Don't trip over that lip now, son. You're just cheesed because I called you a wimp for whinging about temperatures that are only slightly colder than most of the inside of my house. :P  ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline denb45

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2011, 10:18:33 pm »
Current temperatures:

San Antonio 33F

Philadelphia 62F  :P

In fact it's so humid I need to open some windows.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:22:20 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
Current temperatures:

San Antonio 33F

Philadelphia 62F  :P

Yes, and Im freezing my nutz off.

I also had to go out and rip the faucets and fell in the cold mud and got my jammies all muddy.  >:(

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:23:49 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:52 pm »
Yes, and Im freezing my nutz off.

Don't they put heaters in the trailers down there?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:50 pm »
ps: it's 57F in Kennebunkport, Maine

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:28 pm »
Don't they put heaters in the trailers down there?

you know I dont live in a trailer. Stop trying to start another baseless rumor.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:13 pm »
you know I dont live in a trailer. Stop trying to start another baseless rumor.

Oh that's right -- I saw your house on a clip from your youtube channel, which is where I also learned you're older than I am since it was listed in the account's profile.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:54 pm »
Oh that's right -- I saw your house on a clip from your youtube channel, which is where I also learned you're older than I am since it was listed in the account's profile.

ROFLMAO. No, there is no pic of my house in any Youtube clip, nor was there ever. Same with the age.   ::)

-Will (who will be a young and beautiful 44 this January)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2011, 10:45:06 pm »
Well, it was over a year ago when I last saw your youtube channel. But I definitely remember the age issue.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:06 am »
Ford did a youtube video showing his beautiful home with all the snow.  Were you thinking of him?  I favorited it on youtube.  Wait, is that a word?  Favorited?  Spell check says NO, but sounds okay to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9fwFk_cbtc&list=FLAlqKrH1hc48nUFHUds1Y3A&index=63&feature=plpp_video

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:53 am »
Ford did a youtube video showing his beautiful home with all the snow.
Wow! I was just talking to someone last night about that very video and how cute the pups were. :o
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:52 am »
Trust. There's no way I'd ever confuse La Wumpette owning a fussy white colonial like Ford has, with the equally fussy poodle.

ps: it's snowing currently in the northeastern corner of Mississippi... meanwhile in Philly it's +60℉, 20 degrees warmer than New Orleans. 6 degrees warner than San Diego. Very strange for early December. Just three counties northwest of me (Poconos) there's a winter storm warning for 7" of snow.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:14:09 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 12:50:27 pm »
It's still cold here (low to mid 40s) but it looks like it will be getting colder tomorrow, with snow predicted over the hills.

It's still blowing a hoolie as well. Tonight they're giving westerlies with gusts up to 60mph, but I'm sure the wind is stronger than that. It sounds like a freight train at the moment.

The constant wind isn't just pissing off people in the fishing industry any more - it's pissing everyone off now because the shelves are becoming increasingly bare in the grocery stores, aside from local produce. (most goods are shipped in, not flown in) >:(

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »
suck it! Not much but it wasn't in the forecast...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2012, 12:01:32 am »

It was a snoprise then, eh?

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 12:10:25 am »
See that massive pile of garbage bags at the bottom of the light pole? Betcha don't have that on The Rock. :P

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 12:28:30 am »
See that massive pile of garbage bags at the bottom of the light pole? Betcha don't have that on The Rock. :P

One upmanship on garbage now? I love it!

You're right, we don't get untidiness like that on The Rock. We're far too civilised. We use wheelie bins provided by the local council, natch!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 12:34:15 am »
Oh please -- can you imagine "wheelie bins" blowing down Broad Street here in Killadelphia during a wind storm and hitting lanes of oncoming taxi cabs and city buses? That's why we have to use just the bags. I live on one of the busiest streets in the city.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2012, 12:40:07 am »
Ha. We've been having gusts up to 100mph the past couple days. It's blowing a hoolie right now aamof. It's getting rather tedious - I damn near got blown over yesterday on my way back from the chemist.

Wheelie bins do not live on the street. They live in your front or back garden in a sheltered spot or in a garage, if you have one. They only hang out in the street on bin day when they're full and if it's blowing when the binmen empty them, they lie them over on their side so they don't take flight.

It ain't rocket science.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2012, 12:40:24 am »
Where I live people are in the habit of keeping their house squeaky clean and just dumping the trash out on the street for all to view in its fully glory. 

;D hahahahahaha.

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »

Do you dorks realize yall are parking in the middle of the street? Craziness. :o

also since this is a snow thread I thought I would mention that 2011 was the hottest on record for Texas, and the 2nd driest ever. San Antonio had 52 days over 100.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/2011-driest-year-ever-in-Texas/v3cCjCA9zUKrcpHFgTAlvg.cspx

-Wil ( who adores his wheelie bins)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »
Do you dorks realize yall are parking in the middle of the street? Craziness. :o

The locals, meaning specifically South Philadelphia (not the entire city), think it's just peachy. Evidently every time the city has wanted to put in a landscaped center the community board, which probably consists of a dozen crusty old Italian men, fights it. Anyway, it's a very dense neighborhood and it's not easy to find parking.

ps: 2011 was officially the wettest year on record for Filthydelphia.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2012, 03:50:04 am »

Anyway, it's a very dense neighborhood and it's not easy to find parking.

Are you trying to tell us that your dense neighbours don't know how to parallel park?

Your good self exempted, of course, as you don't drive a car. You only drive people to distraction.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:14 am »
Are you trying to tell us that your dense neighbours don't know how to parallel park?

Your good self exempted, of course, as you don't drive a car. You only drive people to distraction.

Even though I don't own a car I'm a really good parallel parker.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »
where is that damn snow here in NYC?? I miss it!!!

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »
Even though I don't own a car I'm a really good parallel parker.

I dread parallel parking and I honestly don't know why.  I'm very good at it.  I have the technique down.  I just hate doing it.  I guess I'm just afraid of being in tight quarters like that.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »
I guess I'm just afraid of being in tight quarters like that.

That explains why you're such a bottom then, no?

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2012, 04:48:01 pm »
That explains why you're such a bottom then, no?

^

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »
Record highs were broken around NYC today: 64F at EWR and 62 at LaGuardia airports

Here the high was an unseasonable 63F

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »
I think we hit 72 today, yesterday 'twas 75 on my Dr. Pepper outdoor thermometer.

I saw a blurb yesterday on Fox or Cnn saying that yesterday it was actually hotter in North Dakota than it was in Miami. Craziness.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2012, 10:52:19 pm »
I think we hit 72 today, yesterday 'twas 75 on my Dr. Pepper outdoor thermometer.

I saw a blurb yesterday on Fox or Cnn saying that yesterday it was actually hotter in North Dakota than it was in Miami. Craziness.

-W

Next thing you know, you'll be trying to equate all this to global warming....  BLASPHEMY!!

Mike
(who enjoyed a 69 degree day in Richmond today.....)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2012, 01:37:20 pm »
global warming.... 

Just so you all know I am writing in Al Gore for PRez.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2012, 12:06:03 pm »
Dear Al Gore,

It's so hot and humid for late January that I have swampass/crotch and it's only noon, and I've had to peel down to my underwear. Obviously the heat has been shut off for days.

I think we've had a total of 2.5" of measurable snow all season.

Kind Regards,

Miss P

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.