Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:14:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 624
Total: 627

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: new suite on aids-write.org #2: nos morituri--my gay pride report  (Read 9285 times)

Offline rk@aids-write.org

• aids-write.org
chers,

i have been laboring over this twelve-parter. there is still a teeny bit of scrubbing to so on it, and one post is being revised, but it should resolve itself in the next 48.

hiv-diminished productivity and capacity is a big-deal topic for me. will eventually be discussing things like unfinished novels and events i haven't been able to cover.

from the post:

there are so many things we dare to talk about when discussing aids and hiv-disease.

life-productiveness loss hasn’t been one of them.

i never hear anything about the terrible cost of the aids epidemic in hiv-ers’ losses of productivity and losses of ability and will and desire to participate in “normal” social, political, cultural and public activities. the loss of a pwa’s opportunities for personal life-contributions to a community. the loss of our capacity to belong.

no one seems to talk about the losses in political disenfrancisement that follow not being able to “attend.” losses that prevent complete, informed political dialog, losses that occur because hiv-ers “can’t make the meeting.” too bad. hope they’re better next week.

nos morituri te salutamus: my gay pride 2006 west hollywood report & how it is i didn’t go this year. thinking and writing and speaking up about diminished ability & productivity–still issues of shame and sorrow. (333)

333.01 suite sheet
    333.02 it hurts to go. it hurts not to go.
    333.03 the challenges of public transportation
    333.04 voter registration and assistance
    333.05 how can there be gay pride without gay hiv-ers? we are an estimated 25% of the gay community. why are we not 25% of the parade? too afraid we won’t get laid?
    333.06 aids lifecycle ride-in saturday june 10 & my open poem to aids lifecycle 5 participants
    333.07 dina’s story
    333.08 remembering rickster the snorer from beingALIVE’s acupuncture clinic.
    333.09 edwin cameron’s story
    333.10 ruth brinkers’ story
    333.11 tolkien: two on the road
    333.12 ps–

hope you read & comment

--lyr
rk@aids-write.org
http://aids-write.org
dark and bright
deep and clouded
sinister and resilient
sung and un
piece by piece
picture the truth

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: new suite on aids-write.org #2: nos morituri--my gay pride report
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 11:36:54 am »
last time you supplied us with a hyperlink  - but there's no link this time - what's up :-\

Alex

• aids-write.org
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
my apologies. i'm like the wizard of oz drifting off without dorothy: "i don't know how to work this thing." fer inst': i have photos and photoshop to upload a picture. i have no idea how to do it.

link to the suite sheet for nos morituri

http://aids-write.org/?p=164

nos morituri te salutamus: my gay pride 2006 west hollywood report & how it is i didn’t go this year. thinking and writing and speaking up about diminished ability & productivity–still issues of shame and sorrow. (333) suite sheet

i am tremendously flattered that you asked. thanks.

two emotional pieces in it: (more than that, but these in particular):

333.07 dina's story

http://aids-write.org/?p=158

333.06 aids lifecycle ride-in saturday june 10 & my open poem to aids lifecycle 5 participants

http://aids-write.org/?p=159

dark and bright
deep and clouded
sinister and resilient
sung and un
piece by piece
picture the truth

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:25:35 pm »
dina's time in cambodia definitely had lasting effects ... but i alwyas thought polish fell under the teutonic umbrella, as opposed to slavic. i could be wrong.

anyway instead of me jumping around should i begin in order wth
 333.01 suite sheet
????

i've already read cameron's story (unless it's something new & separate)

hugs

alex

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 04:12:21 pm »
no one says much about the losses to our culture & society because hiv-ers are too tired & sick to work or create or cultivate or plant or build or otherwise contribute

i find this to be true. maybe a painting can be made with those issues in mind.

sometimes i think if the person who now has my old job is able to do 40 hrs/week, 5 days/week, well, .... that's good for the company, good for the person certainly.

• aids-write.org
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:34:10 pm »
but i alwyas thought polish fell under the teutonic umbrella,

hm. green. no i know how to do that. thanks.

took me long enough to figure out whether it was russian or polish, but dina talks a lot about eastern europe. her co-worker said dina felt both humbled and lauded when i sent the draft by. i haven't been able to confirm the language. i probably know in a flock of dead brain cells.

thank you for your thoughtfulness.

--lyr
dark and bright
deep and clouded
sinister and resilient
sung and un
piece by piece
picture the truth

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 04:45:43 pm »
right now i'm reading what you wrote on the nonemergency medical transportation system in los angeles

• aids-write.org
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 06:49:02 am »
alex--

just finished the major part of the update on that piece. think i mostly have it now. will let it brew for 24, then make it final.

thanks for reading

--lyr
dark and bright
deep and clouded
sinister and resilient
sung and un
piece by piece
picture the truth

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.