Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:04:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: 48 Days Negative after a possible exposure  (Read 11335 times)

Offline pzizzy

48 Days Negative after a possible exposure
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:33:24 am »
Hi,

I have literrally visited all the websites regarding HIV infection, name it, i browsed it.

Here is my story, about 52 days ago, I had a sexual encounter with a chinese sex worker in Kuwait (Unprotected oral (4 min max) and protected vaginal (2 to 3 min). well to give you a small backgorund, Kuwait is a conservative country, and HIV infections is minimal to negligibale (2 in every 100,000 cases) as reported by ministry of health (pop 3.7 million). all the people coming in to work in this country are subject to testing for HIV and HEP b and c.

During my sexual encounter i checked my condom twice, and it was there, after i came and notified the lady, and i stayed in (i should come out but stupid move). After two strokes after i came, she said that the condom broke. I paniced and withdrew immediatly. the condom was half way my shaft and did not see if the tip of the condom whether it broke or not. I know that these are some tactics they use to avoid more sex with clients (if it was, it is really bad). Anyways she took of the condom and headed to the toilet for washing and i did the same. i could not find the condom, i belive she flushed it.

Since that day, am living in hell and paranioa. I cant stop thinking that i may have contracted something from her, especially HIV. She said that she is clean, but i dint trust her, as she would not jeoprdise her work (very prosporous) by going to test (if she is + she will departed).

after two weeks of the encounter, i check with my doctor and he said that there is nothing to worry about, and then i started my journey oin the net, actually it turned to be an obsession. I had a white coated tongue, and small bump that appeared in the middle of the tongue, i paniced and showed to a dentist, general med dr, and dermatologist. all confirmed that it was nothing, and it was not a thrush. one of them said that these things may come from low immunity due to stress. great news more panic, immunity and HIV.
The white bump appeared and dispappeared, now my tongue looks better. after 48 days living in hell, i went to get tested, and the result was negative (regular anitbody test) i could not afford the PCR. how realiable is my test, can i expect a positive at three month mark??? i have had some night sweats, diahrea and some wieght loss (i regained most of it and more now), i belive these are stress related symptoms, but who knows.
I have adressed Dr. Bob from the body and said that my risk is minimal, and only an antibody test at three month mark is conclusive
I have adressed dr. Hook from medhelp and he said that my risk is close to zero, no additional testing is warrented
my doctor siad that this test is relaible and i should move on with my life
I know that i will have the same answers, but yet i feel assurance from you guys, especially that i have read some of the comments and they are very reasonalbe.

Thank you for your time, and you comments are really appreciated.

Regards

Offline RapidRod

Re: 48 Days Negative after a possible exposure
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:28:03 am »
You were never at risk.

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:10:43 am »
another question,

i have read mots of the people waiting for days to get their test results, i got my test results in two hours (regular antibody test HIV 1 AND 2), is this normal????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:19:40 am »
Move on. You were never at risk of contracting HIV. You've been given the same information on several forums.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:28:29 am »
Pz, from what you have described it doesn't seem to me that you were ever at risk. If the condom had failed it would have been very apparent to you. When that happens it's not about some teeny weenie hole. The whole thing ends up looking like a fringed hoop on your penis.

The fact that it had moved down the shaft of your penis is irrelevant. The important part is that the head of your penis was covered during intercourse.

It's not surprising that you tested negative since it doesn't appear to me that you were at risk. All of that chasing symptoms stuff is a waste of time and counter-productive. Neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test can give you that answer.

You took the kind of test which yields a result very quickly. It's an approved test and yes, a reliable one. There's no need for testing again at 13 weeks UNLESS you are going to continue to obsess about this issue. If that is the case, re-test at 13 weeks and collect the inevitable negative result. Otherwise just forget about it and move on with your life.

This is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:37:59 am »
Thank you guys for your support, its just i feel wierd that i did not notice what happened (too much booze i guess) and then she said this word, and i freaked out. I shoudl have checked my condom, before she took it off, the funny thing is that she did the same thing with my friend couple of month ago, and i could not believe him. anyways i will re test for peace of mind, just in case i had a broken condom case.

Cheers now

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 07:55:26 am »
Well mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is always a bad idea. Have all the sex you want and with whomever you want to. Just do it the safer way which means always wearing a condom for either vaginal or anal intercourse AND do it sober.

Ultimately I expect you to come out of this experience ok.
Andy Velez

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:49:35 am »
Hi,

Ann, what do you think of the situation above, I like your answers, and read some of your posts, they are very logical and smooth. Can you please comment on this.

Appreciate it

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:31:37 am »
Enough is enough...

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 11:37:47 am »
pziz,

What makes you think I'm going to say anything different to what the others have said? You didn't have a risk and your 48 day negative result is not going to change should you choose to ignore what you've been told and continue testing.

You do not have hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 10:14:08 am »
Hi Guys,

Just a small questions for future reference, if someone who is HIV positive (man) indulged in mutual masterbation with a woman, will this transmit the disease. what if this guy massaged his penis, had some precum on his hands / fingers and then masterbuted / fingured the girl. wouldn't that be considered as sex toys that might be able to transmit disease??

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:15:49 am »
No. Move on.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 01:25:30 pm »
None of the additional acts you have mentioned are risks for HIV transmission. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »
Hi Guys,

am so sorry to be writing to you all the time, I know that you said that I cant contract HIV from my exposure and that am at a low risk. am freaking out now, i just read on medhelp, that one of the guys tested positive after having a condom failure during anal sex, and what he had as a symptom was a lump or ulcer in the back of his tongue after two weeks of exposure. I had the same, and i have nightsweats, and am going crazy. I know that my 48 days test is not conclusive. what if the condom actually broke, I believe am gonna test positive. please help me am freaking out right here :(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 12:35:02 pm »
Hi Rapid Rod,

I know that you consider my risk as no risk, and you keep posting warnings and stuff. you are not willing to think for one instance that i might have a possible condom failure, i never experienced it before, and i did not check my condom, hence puts me at a risk of contracting the disease. I just need reassurance and not some lecture.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 12:37:22 pm »
pziz,

There's a big difference between you and the guy on MedHelp - he had a risk and YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK. If the condom had broken, you'd KNOW about it.

As Rodney has warned you, if you keep posting about this NO RISK incident, you'll be given a time out.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pzizzy

Ann, I need your Help
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:47 am »
Hi,

Am the Guy who tested 48 days negative, and was warned earlier :)

sorry to come back again, but am a little bit worried about my girl, I know that my risk is low to non existant, but yet am waiting for my 13 week mark to ensure that am negative.

since my encounter, I had sex with my girl 2 times (protected) everything was fine and condom did not break, hence there is not way i can transmit the disease if u have it to her right?

second we indulged most of the time with mutual masterbation, and i did some fingering (deep), i dont know if i had any secretions on my hands, but if i had does this fall under Risk?

Third, my cat scratched her neck, and after 10 min, i gave her a kiss on that spot, is that a risk?

fourth, she used my tooth brush, the good thing is that i used it way before she did, anout 8 hours maybe, is that a risk?

now am worried, because she developed a rash on her arms, and it is very itchy, and this scared the shit out of me. she said she never had a rash on her arms before, even though she has a sensitive skin and ecezema all over her breast.

in your opinion, if i was infected, does any of the mentioned above put my girl to HIV risk.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: Ann, I need your Help
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:00 am »

Offline pzizzy

Re: Ann, I need your Help
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:28 am »
Hi Rapid Rod,

sorry for bothering you all the time, but i live in Kuwait, and its a taboo to talk about HIV, you can not even test for HIV before signing a paper that if you tested positive you will deported. I can not seek face to face counseling, as there are no people here that are able to help in this situation, this is why i keep posting, am really sorry but this is the only way i can learn more about this, and may be help people out.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 10:11:51 am »
P, I have merged your threads. Our rule is to keep all entries in the same thread.

There is nothing more for you to "learn." You didn't have a risk. You are HIV negative. All of this drama you have worked yourself up about is totally unwarranted.

And now I am going to give you the 28 day Time Out which you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name. Doing that will get you permanently banned from the site.

You have no cause for being further concerned about HIV. Period.

Get on with your life. 

Andy Velez

Offline pzizzy

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 10:23:29 am »
Sorry Guys, keep on the good work, and God Bless you.

I will not post anymore,

Cheers

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.