Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

CD4 Only Needed Once A Year When UD, Another Study Says

<< < (11/11)

wolfter:
modified for my own sanity.

Mishma:
As I have learned over the 28+ years I've been reading my labs is that they can fluctuate over time, they are not indicative of my overall health and they are not always accurate. On top of that, many of my numbers are often above or below the averages and no one can make any sense of them (and I see a lot of physicians).

Medicine is still very much an art even though theoretically it is fact (clinical trials) based.

For many, once per year CD4s may suffice, for others perhaps not. The onus is on you and your physician as to when the labs are appropriate.

Since federal budgets are being slashed, money saved in labs can (should) be diverted to research.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Mishma on February 17, 2013, 03:48:54 pm ---The onus is on you and your physician as to when the labs are appropriate.

--- End quote ---
but isn't that what is supposed to be happening anyway?  ;)
I still think that "modern" treatment is still too "new" (Atripla hasn't even been on the market for 10 yrs) to go more than testing every 6 months. I think this (every 6 months) would have been a better recommendation/suggestion. Then those more fortunate could confer with their doctors and choose every 9 or 12 months.

--- Quote from: Mishma on February 17, 2013, 03:48:54 pm ---Since federal budgets are being slashed, money saved in labs can (should) be diverted to research.

--- End quote ---
sadly with so many things under-budgeted already, this savings will just be money NOT spent, not extra money lying around to do something else. Also for most federal and state funded budgets when less is spent, less is budgeted for the following year. Many states, like the feds, are in debt so this is no such things as "savings", there's only less money spent with nothing "leftover" to divert to other projects.

buginme2:
 I go in next week to get labs done.  I am curious to see if this time he orders a cd4 test or will hold off for a year.  Ill find out in couple weeks time. 

I'm more interested to see how my lipids, T, VL, and CBC/Met panel are doing.  I think the least of my worries is the CD4 test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version