Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:28:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is this acceptable luggage for a gay couple?  (Read 19839 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Is this acceptable luggage for a gay couple?
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »
Seems to me that they erred by not taking their Vuitton overnight bag!

source

HOUSTON (CN) - A federal judge dismissed claims that Continental Airlines took a dildo from the luggage of a gay couple, greased it and taped it to the outside of their bag.

The humiliating display allegedly occurred while Christopher Bridgeman and Marin Borger returned to Virginia from Costa Rica.

The couple had picked up their luggage intact in Houston, went through customs and rechecked their bags for the next flight to Norfolk.

But while waiting at the baggage carousel in Virginia, the men allegedly found that someone had removed a sex toy from their luggage, taped it to the top of the bag and smeared it with "a greasy foul-smelling substance."

A description of the sex toy in question does not appear in the suit that the men filed this summer against Continental and United Continental Holdings in Harris County Court. In a photograph of the luggage posted by one blogger, however, there is a large purple dildo taped to a black duffel bag.

U.S. District Judge Kenneth Hoyt dismissed the complaint Thursday.

The Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air, commonly known as the Montreal Convention, pre-empts the claims for damages related to the mishandling of luggage, according to the ruling.

Adopted in 1999, the Montreal Convention sets conditions and limits for the damages that passengers can seek.

Borger and Bridgeman were unable to circumvent the treaty to find relief, according to the four-page order.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Is this acceptable luggage for a gay couple?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »
So not classy. Color me appalled.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:10 pm »
That bag should only be used for an overnight trick trip, not a vacation.  They should be humiliated. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:43 pm »
Who travels internationally with a dildo?

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:24 pm »
Who travels internationally with a dildo?

I was wondering how long it would be before the victim was blamed.
You win !

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »
It looks like it is inside the bag, but due to the bag being packed so tight (oh the puns) that the zipper got messed up.  Could it be they inspected the bag, but couldn't get it zipped back up, and it the process broke the zipper?  So, they taped it up?  Just playing devil's advocate.

If this is the real pic, it is not taped to the outside.   

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:56 pm »
It looks like it is inside the bag, but due to the bag being packed so tight (oh the puns) that the zipper got messed up.  Could it be they inspected the bag, but couldn't get it zipped back up, and it the process broke the zipper?  So, they taped it up?  Just playing devil's advocate.

If this is the real pic, it is not taped to the outside.

Brilliant deductions, Sherlock  :o
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:56:31 pm »
I was wondering how long it would be before the victim was blamed.
You win !

I don't think he's "blaming the victim."  It's an observation like any other. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:19 am »
CAN WE PLEASE STOP TEARING EACH OTHER DOWN! KEEP IT POSITIVE!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:40 am »
Brilliant deductions, Sherlock  :o

You're welcome, Watson.  All in a days work. 

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 01:41:04 am »
As someone who has actually worked as an airport baggage handler (aka ramp rat) I can tell the zipper ripped open on that cheap, overstuffed bag, the worker tossed that crap back in the bag, wrapped some tape around that sucker and threw it on the belt. You have 200 bags to move quickly and when you have to grab someone's purple dildo off the tarmac in the dark, in the pouring rain, making barely above minimum wage you are no mood to make it look pretty.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 01:50:57 am »

Does Dick have more than one cock? Or has she sucked off many guys named Dick?  :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:58:34 am by spacebarsux »
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 11:14:37 am »
Does Dick have more than one cock? Or has she sucked off many guys named Dick?  :D

Great catch....I missed that.  Her dad might be just as upset about her grammar. ;D

Offline darryaz

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 11:28:12 am »
I know this is probably blaming the victim again, but what about putting the "unmentionables" at the BOTTOM of your bag????

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:52 am »
I know this is probably blaming the victim again, but what about putting the "unmentionables" at the BOTTOM of your bag????

Maybe he's a top????? :o

Offline darryaz

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:58 am »
 :D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 11:58:21 am »
Maybe he's a top????? :o

Obviously not a very well hung one if they need to travel with this. I bet he has shrunken testicles from eating too many fake tacos.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
I have traveled with sex toys before, having zero intention of using them on the trip.  I just put them in there, because at the time I knew there was a strong likelihood the TSA was going to go through my bag, and I wanted them to mess with them.  I kinda despise the TSA, so any chance I have to mess with them a little bit, I will take.   :)
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »
Purple dildos are boring. I only travel with my Hello Kitty USB vibrating clit-hugger.

btw, can you imagine how absolutely hilarious it must have been for other passengers from this flight as this bag/dildo combo was going around the luggage carousel? You know it went around and around and around while this gay couple quietly debated whether or not to pick it up. In fact, I'm surprised that it wasn't posted on youtube by some other passenger.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:22:53 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 12:05:54 am »
Purple dildos are boring. I only travel with my Hello Kitty USB vibrating clit-hugger.

That is way too cute. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:10 am »
Obviously not a very well hung one if they need to travel with this. I bet he has shrunken testicles from eating too many fake tacos.

One of them must be butt ugly or they wouldn't need to think about taking that. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 03:56:10 am »
The jelly dildo is as low rent as the bag. 

I know a guy who runs a by-appointment-only fetish shop who told me only medical silicone dongs can be sterilized.  Phthalate-free is not enough.    

I checked it out and it appears he's correct.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 05:38:03 am »
When something like that happens you just need to own that shit and dare anyone to say anything to you when you grab your dildo-bag with pride.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »
When something like that happens you just need to own that shit and dare anyone to say anything to you when you grab your dildo-bag with pride.

Agreed. Honestly I would be more embarrassed that I jumped to the conclusion that airport staff were trying to personally humiliate me and I started a Federal court case with national news coverage than my purple dildo took a ride on the baggage carousel.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 02:07:59 pm »
I agree , why buy a large festive coloured schlong if you don't want the world to see it .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
They were humiliated by an isolated incident at an airport and try to get over it by bringing national attention to it.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 02:13:06 pm »
I know everyone's wish has been to see this couple in question... so, here it is:

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »
I know everyone's wish has been to see this couple in question... so, here it is:

Apparently marrying someone who looks like your sibling is the new thing.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 06:02:45 pm »
Strip em naked and spray paint them periwinkle blue and they'll look just like their dildo.

Or, what color is that thing exactly??

I used to hear this urban legend in NYC.  That if there's an accident on a citybus, if there's no reason to get out of the bus, the driver is supposed to close the doors and wait for police. Otherwise passers-by will try to get on the bus to partake in lawsuits.

I think it was an 80s or 90s thing?  When everyone and their mother were looking for easy "negligence" to sue their ways to Easy Street.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »
Strip em naked and spray paint them periwinkle blue and they'll look just like their dildo.

Or, what color is that thing exactly??

I used to hear this urban legend in NYC.  That if there's an accident on a citybus, if there's no reason to get out of the bus, the driver is supposed to close the doors and wait for police. Otherwise passers-by will try to get on the bus to partake in lawsuits.

I think it was an 80s or 90s thing?  When everyone and their mother were looking for easy "negligence" to sue their ways to Easy Street.

Somehow, this bears repeating:

How does this relate? 

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 07:14:58 am »

Are they both wearing sunglasses so they can look at each others shiny noggins and brilliant white teeth without being blinded?

And did anyone else notice it looks like the guy holding a drink has his right foot stuck in the ass-crack of a giant stone person? Or maybe it's just me - I've only had one cup of coffee so far today.

Oh, and btw, I've got a large double-ender very similar to theirs, only mine is a more pink-purple. It's been in my luggage too (not a euphemism) - when I brought it home from Amsterdam where I bought it. Thankfully I didn't have a cheap-ass bag so my secret was never revealed on the baggage carousel.  :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:19:14 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:45 am »
I would think they could have just left the thing at home and gave it a rest.  They are a couple, so certainly they could have done without it for a few days.

Ann,
i bought my first toy in Amsterdam long time ago, you used to not be able to buy a dildo in texas for the longest time.  My eyes were bigger than my back side, so i ended up throwing it in the dumpster.  Its too bad they don't let you test it out before you buy it.

11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:55 am »
And did anyone else notice it looks like the guy holding a drink has his right foot stuck in the ass-crack of a giant stone person?

Okay, now that is all I see.

Oh, and btw, I've got a large double-ender very similar to theirs, only mine is a more pink-purple. It's been in my luggage too (not a euphemism) - when I brought it home from Amsterdam where I bought it. Thankfully I didn't have a cheap-ass bag so my secret was never revealed on the baggage carousel.  :)

Haven't we all taken accoutrement érotique on our travels? Living in Greensboro or the Isle of Man, one must journey to get fine quality leather goods. Of course once you've taken a steam powered avionic propulsor through baggage claim a dildo feels a bit pedestrian.  8)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:40 am »
I think we have all learned a lesson . If your dildo is big enough for a cat collar the security people at the air port may just find it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »
My Dildo is so Big... (How Big is it?)...  It burst out the bag during landing, was greased and used by baggage handlers, turned purple, and hung out of the bag with the fly open when I found it...  lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:15:31 pm by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:22 pm »
  Its too bad they don't let you test it out before you buy it.

Me and a buddy got drunk at happy hour some years back and decided it would be a good idea to go cock-ring shopping. We went to an adult book store and he decided he would need to try one on before he bought it, so they let him (us) open the package and try it on, of course my job was to "fluff" him in the dressing room to make sure it fit correctly. Prior to this incident we were platonic, but of course ended up having sex in the dressing room...and then not buying the cock ring. ahh, I miss the Tequila and cocaine days.  ::)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »
Me and a buddy got drunk at happy hour some years back and decided it would be a good idea to go cock-ring shopping. We went to an adult book store and he decided he would need to try one on before he bought it, so they let him (us) open the package and try it on, of course my job was to "fluff" him in the dressing room to make sure it fit correctly. Prior to this incident we were platonic, but of course ended up having sex in the dressing room...and then not buying the cock ring. ahh, I miss the Tequila and cocaine days.  ::)

Perhaps this is how you got teh AIDS.  Playing with used dildos and cockrings.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 08:10:59 pm »
Prior to this incident we were platonic, but of course ended up having sex in the dressing room...and then not buying the cock ring.

Frankly, Mr. Wump, I'm shocked. I would never have sex in the dressing room of a boutique...

and not at least make a purchase.  ;)

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 08:15:33 pm »

-Will

Trey... would you care to chime in and tell us your recollection of that evening  ;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 02:22:26 am »
Trey... would you care to chime in and tell us your recollection of that evening  ;D

Will is like a grandfather to me, I could never sleep with him.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:24 am »
Will is like a grandfather to me, I could never sleep with him.

He gives parting gifts of swag bags and credits at game stop so you may want to reconsider  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »

Funny funny people, you all are.  ::)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 07:20:01 pm »
Funny funny people, you all are.  ::)

You know you absolutely LIVE for all the love we show you.  Don't play.

Past regimens

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »
This seems appropriate for this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpbxsZSAxo
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.