Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 279
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 278
Total: 278

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cher to Yoko: "Oh no you didn't....."  (Read 3750 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Cher to Yoko: "Oh no you didn't....."
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »
Yoko Ono's 10th Billboard dance club single "Hold Me" debuts:

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/19585

She is 80 years old and "do it like that".  ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:14:21 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Cher to Yoko: "Oh no you didn't....."
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:23:41 pm »
Between My Head and the Sky (2009) was a great album.  Yoko Ono is and has always been a great artist.
Cher is fine, too.  Apples and oranges.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »
Between My Head and the Sky (2009) was a great album.  Yoko Ono is and has always been a great artist.
Cher is fine, too.  Apples and oranges.

Read you. However, I am laying out for consumption apples to apples noting two long standing artists releasing new material this year and staying current.

Here is the notice about Cher's new music:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/04/cher-66-back-with-new-solo-album/

"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:35:15 pm »
I can't wait for Celine's new album, due out this fall.  It was suppose to be released last fall, but they decided to make an original album, instead of a mostly cover album with a few new originals.

I know many make fun of her, saying she doesn't write her own songs, yada, yada.  But, many singers don't write their own songs.  Whether you like her music or not, there is no denying she has some pipes.  Taking Chances was her last English album.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:32:24 pm »
Yoko Ono's 10th Billboard dance club single "Hold Me" debuts:

What exactly does that mean? That she sent a copy to Billboard? That they recognized they heard it? or did it debut and actually chart? If the latter, I can only imagine that some super-hipster clique is bobbing on the Billboard-cock in order to make it so.

It reminds me of how many hipsters it takes to change a light bulb.

Offline mecch

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17:29 am »
How many hipsters does it take to change a light bulb??  Dunno but be sure it will be an Edison bulb....

Did anyone see the NYT slideshow on the decor in DUMBO?  I had to laugh. All our Brooklyn apartments looked like that already in the 80's... then 90's.  I wasn't around for the 70's in SOHO but seen the pictures... same old same old.  But comfy and human, if you like that sort of thing....

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2013/04/25/greathomesanddestinations/20130425-DUMBO.html#1

Kinda like our old DIVAS --- they were always great and if they manage to deliver something artistic and catchy in yet ANOTHER decade, well kudos... 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »
How many hipsters does it take to change a light bulb?? 

It's a really obscure number. You've probably never heard of it.

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 12:31:58 am »
Thats a good one.  ;D

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 03:35:07 pm »
Speaking of National Divas, 80 yo Carol Burnett was on Jay Leno looking and being fantastic.  Her wattage was so great Leno kept deferring to her when he was interviewing that hottie from Arrow (who registered a small ping on my pretty bad gaydar).

Offline Basquo

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »
Love Carol! We watched a special on her the other night and were ROTF laughing! I wrote her when I was 8 and she wrote back!

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:20:30 am »
What exactly does that mean? That she sent a copy to Billboard? That they recognized they heard it? or did it debut and actually chart? If the latter, I can only imagine that some super-hipster clique is bobbing on the Billboard-cock in order to make it so.

It reminds me of how many hipsters it takes to change a light bulb.

Ya'll are too much.  :D  Just reporting the chit chat.  I guess the novelty is combining Billboard (music trending) and an 80 year old's work (or collaboration).

Now you kids get off of my lawn or I'll sick my Disco Dog on ya!   ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.