Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:28:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: tested poz 3months ago  (Read 8158 times)

Offline yasoza

tested poz 3months ago
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:28:00 pm »
hello all

Am writting to all about my tested poz 3month ago, and am glad to be a member on here.This site has really helped me a lot, I have gained more strength by reading other peoples story and think to myself that, hold on a minute, you are not alone, they are some people just like me.
Well here is my story:
 To be honest, i didn't expect to get my results positive as i never experienced any illness, i was very lucky to be tested and know my status,my cd4 count decline to 160 and my vl 87,900 and the prediction was that i was infected between 1993-2000 according to my history and the decline of my cd4, for sure i knew who infected me, as sometime 1993 I was raped and the man who raped me dead in prison after 6months due to some AIDS illness and my parents where notified, but... because i was only 18 and my parents where trying to protect me I was not told anything,both of them went to their grave with guilty and i have lived almost 15years without knowing what i had in my blood and without any illness, though in 1997 i had a terrible skin rush which covered my whole body, at the hospital they told me I needed to clean my beddings because I had scabies, it disappeared within 3wks, in 2001 i had abnormal pap smear and ever since i have been looked after every 6months, all this without any knowledge that it was due ti HIV,since then i never experienced anything until 4months ago, when i had a recurrence of yeast and genital warts ,at that moment I went to get tested for all STD infection here in UK, its when i was told about my status at the moment am on antibiotics to avoid any infection for 28 days after that they will start me on combination therapy. In gods hands, I hope i will live the next 15+ years of my life. Wishing everyone on the site a wonderful Xmas
yaso

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: tested poz 3months ago
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:02:23 pm »
Yaso, sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but happy that you've found this forum -- welcome!

If indeed you became infected when you think you did, then I'd say you have some quite good genetics in that you went 14 years with no HIV meds and have the numbers you currently do.  Hopefully such good genes will help you on your way up numerically was well :)

You don't mention it, but have you commenced HIV meds yet?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline yasoza

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:41:13 am »
hello philly267
At the moment am on antibiotics to avoid any infection(SEPTRIN FORTE) for 28days and then am starting meds on 3rd jan its a combine med truvada and sustiva otherwise am still doing fine

Offline komnaes

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:59:27 am »
Sorry you have to join us Yasoza.

It's a hard disease to live with but most of us here manage as best as we can and get on with life. Here's a good place of a cyberhome to share, learn and rant.

Hugs, Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:26:28 am »
Welcome Yaso..sorry to hear of your misfortune but your among some good people here..
im female 31 living in the us/NJ..feel free to pm any time ok?..
Live life to the fullest...

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 09:35:07 pm »
Hey Yaso,

Welcome to the forums and our eclectic family here. Sorry for the reason you have joined, but glad you found us.

It sounds like you are getting things under control. Good luck with the meds in January. Let us know how things go.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.